Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Dacia 1310/1984 - 5° gearbox?

Jiri89
post 8 Apr 2012, 17:28
Post #1

Membru incepator

Group: Members

Hello,
my name is George and IŽm from Czech Republic. I have the opportunity to buy Dacia 1310 from year 1984, but there is a one small problem - because I want this car use a "daily car" I need 5° gearbox in it. What i found, original gearbox is only 4° and other informations are not credible. Somebody wrote, gearbox is fully interchangeable with Dacia 1410 5° gearbox - is it truth? Or what type of gearbox I can use?

Thanx, George

--------------------
Ford Transit 2003 - 30100
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
bucatzel
post 12 Apr 2012, 15:33
Post #2

Membru plictisit

Group: Moderatori

Hey George.

Yes, you can easily exchange a 4 gear gearbox with a 5 gear gearbox.

The only thing is that 5 gear ones use only short driveshafts (65 cm length) while 4 gear one use both short ones or long ones (66 cm length, mainly on older models). Your car, being a '84, should be using short ones, but there have been cases where a car had the other type mounted long after being retired from production.

Anyway, even if you have the long driveshaft model, you can change the gearbox, just that you have to change the driveshafts as well.

Also, the connecting underpinnings need to be changed, as they differ on these gearboxes, and you need to hammer the floor upwards a bit in one spot, because there's a place where the 5 gear gearbox touches the floor, if it's mounted instead of a 4 gear gearbox.

--------------------
Dacia 1300 1981 - 3-SB-2608
Si cu dansa-ntransa, si cu sufletu' in rai... cam greu...
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 18:47
Forum Renault