Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Speed limiter, Electronic speed limiter in Diesel Duster

spolym
post 21 Aug 2012, 23:57
Post #1

Membru incepator

Group: Members

Hi all, I am writing from Greece and this is my first post here.

I have a 4x4 1.5 DCi Diesel Duster, and I have noticed that my top speed is limiting at around 175Km/h. I can accellerate fairly easy up to this speed but then it seems to hold back. I have tried to surpass this speed with different conditions (with medium load or no load at all, uphill, downhill, with different wind speeds etc.) but with the same results.

This looks like there is a speed limiter in the car's computer. Can anybody verify that this is true? Is this only for the Diesel version, or is the same for the petrol version?

If yes, is there a way to disable/bypass the speed limiter?

--------------------
Dacia Duster 2011 1.5 DCi LAUREATE
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
paul_p
post 22 Aug 2012, 00:37
Post #2

Membru autentic

I'm pretty sure that the speed limiter is only Duster engine power. smile.gif
But there is an engine rpm limiter.

This post has been edited by paul_p: 22 Aug 2012, 00:41

--------------------
Fara roti fara ipocriti - 2010
+
Den
post 3 Oct 2013, 15:27
Post #3

Membru incepator

If you want the limiter removed you will have to have the chip modified on the Duster. Once changed thats it. Most cars are like this and you cant change it with a addon box like the TDI one on this page you have to have a reprogram done.

--------------------
Dacia Duster 1.5tdi 2013 Ambiance
+
roland
post 17 Oct 2013, 09:42
Post #4

Membru autentic

Pretty late answer smile.gif

Just for the record, I am sure the guy who initiated this topic (which never came back for a debate) does not have any speed limiter set by the constructor.

Some cars have cruise control and speed limiter settings which the driver can control.

Den, I think you are confusing the speed limiter (which the driver can set it at whatever speed it wants) with the speed limiter some cars have it built in, and which is around 240km/h. This is for the cars having lots of horse power and it is placed in for security reasons.
So, Den, saying that most of the cars have it is wrong, some of the cars (with lots of horse power) have it and the limit is always around 240km/h (surely not under 200km/h).

As someone said, it is the maximum that car can go with that engine. For example a Logan 1.4 mpi can ride with a maximum of 162km/h and you can't get over that speed without a little help from the wind behind, maybe a downhill... And you can get to that speed pretty easily.

--------------------
. . .
+
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 15:48
Forum Renault