Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> "Squeak" sound when turning right?, "Squeak" from underneath the car

zorpetus
post 9 Nov 2010, 11:38
Post #1

Membru

Group: Members

From recently I have "Squeak" sound that seems to be coming from the underneath of my Logan (1.4 Petrol, if that matters).

Probably that squeaking is present all the time, but I can hear it only then the car is going slowly (like for example you are cruising the parking lot, searching for the parking spot), and sound is repetitive "Squeak... squeak.... squeak..."

Sometimes sound is not present, but it seems to appear as soon as I turn turning wheel to the right!? (again "Squeak... squeak.... squeak..." appears).

Maybe it is related, maybe not, but approx 2 months ago, when I was driving really slowly approaching to a traffic light that was red, without any visible reason (I wasn't touching any brakes) my car appears to engaged brake only on one (it looked that way) wheel, and as result of that instantly turned somewhat to the left. My mileage is approx 41.000 km, brakes never serviced or brake pads replaced (when changing summer for winter tires few days ago, visual inspection showed that there is still a lot of braking material on the brake pads, and they shouldn't be replaced yet.)

Someting typical for Logan?

--------------------
None None - None
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
g100sic
post 18 Nov 2010, 14:22
Post #2

Membru autentic

I'd say it sounds typical for the brakes.
If it's repetitive, almost certainly comes from somewhere around the wheel.
Maybe the break pad is loose, the spring doesn't return it back after you release the pedal, hence, occasional blockage and squeaks from that wheel. (Pull to the left - left wheel blocked, I'd check the left wheel brakes, squeaks at the right turn - right side pad of the left wheel loose... but not necessarily wink.gif)

Not typical for Logan, but it may be for the worn out break pads...

This post has been edited by g100sic: 18 Nov 2010, 15:28

--------------------
Ford Fiesta 1.4 (96 HP) 2010 / Trend (Flex Pack 11)
Never argue with a fool -- people might not notice the difference! (Murphy's First Law of Debate)
+
zorpetus
post 22 Nov 2010, 16:29
Post #3

Membru

QUOTE(g100sic @ 18 Nov 2010, 13:22)
I'd say it sounds typical for the brakes.
If it's repetitive, almost certainly comes from somewhere around the wheel.

Not typical for Logan, but it may be for the worn out break pads...

Thank you very much for this input - will check the brake pads one more time...

--------------------
None None - None
+
martin245
post 23 Jan 2011, 12:46
Post #4

EX PAT

Mine does exactly the same ! It squeaks on turning right into my Parking Place
Stu

--------------------
dacia logan 14 mpi Simply RED 2007 - GB 1
Bessy Regs
+
mario1980
post 14 Feb 2011, 13:55
Post #5

Membru autentic

If the squeak stops on wet weather, it might be the protective rubber for the shock absorbers. If you lift the car with the jack and take a closer look, it will be obvious. Had a similar problem, I put some oil and it was solved forever.

This post has been edited by mario1980: 14 Feb 2011, 13:56

--------------------
Dacia Logan dci Preference 2006 - SV ?? ???
Adesea, aproape fiecare om tolereaza prostia celui de linga el, atit timp cit nu ii uzurpa propria prostie.
+
sobolan
post 17 Feb 2011, 00:58
Post #6

membru paros...

try to change the brake-pads,also look at the brake discs(rotors)...also check the "barb" on the other sides of disc....
the first thing to measure when considering replacement rotors is the rotor minimum thickness-10,4mm.

--------------------
Logan-1.5dci-2017-- Golf mk5 - syncro - 2007-- Golf mk3-2.0 GTI-1993
colectionar de fiare vechi...
+
Uri
post 19 Aug 2011, 18:10
Post #7

Membru incepator

I have experienced that squeak twice. Both times the breaks were dirty and were cleaned in the service.

But I live so far in North (Estonia) that what happened to me might be immaterial to you. Sometimes (lately, both last two years) we have had a luxury of Canadian winters with 50 cm of snow (daily!), and big snowplows that spray roads with chlorides behind them as well, the chlorides that, among other things, end up as nice white graffiti on your boots very hard to remove… and as a graffiti on your break discs as well, making them to squeak while turning.

This post has been edited by Uri: 19 Aug 2011, 18:13

--------------------
Dacia Logan 2006
+
Hare
post 22 Aug 2011, 06:50
Post #8

Membru incepator

QUOTE(martin245 @ 23 Jan 2011, 12:46)
Mine does exactly the same ! It squeaks on turning right into my Parking Place
Stu

Easy Stu, Just approach your parking space from the opposite direction icon_mrgreen.gif

--------------------
Dacia Logan MCV 1.5 dCi - Laureate 2010
Perscriptio in manibus tabellariorum est ..
+
carlos140
post 8 Feb 2015, 03:30
Post #9

Membru incepator

QUOTE(zorpetus @ 9 Nov 2010, 11:38)
From recently I have "Squeak" sound that seems to be coming from the underneath of my Logan (1.4 Petrol, if that matters).

Probably that squeaking is present all the time, but I can hear it only then the car is going slowly (like for example you are cruising the parking lot, searching for the parking spot), and sound is repetitive "Squeak... squeak.... squeak..."

Sometimes sound is not present, but it seems to appear as soon as I turn turning wheel to the right!? (again "Squeak... squeak.... squeak..." appears).

Maybe it is related, maybe not, but approx 2 months ago, when I was driving really slowly approaching to a traffic light that was red, without any visible reason (I wasn't touching any brakes) my car appears to engaged brake only on one (it looked that way) wheel, and as result of that instantly turned somewhat to the left. My mileage is approx 41.000 km, brakes never serviced or brake pads replaced (when changing summer for winter tires few days ago, visual inspection showed that there is still a lot of braking material on the brake pads, and they shouldn't be replaced yet.)

Someting typical for Logan?

QUOTE(zorpetus @ 22 Nov 2010, 16:29)
Thank you very much for this input - will check the brake pads one more time...

I think it's something about Renault. My Duster started doing the same, especially in heavy traffic, stop, start, stop, start....squeak would start before breaking and a bit after the brakes released as well. Saifd there was nothing wrong, after a 1/2 hour drive with the mechanic he pin-pointed that I drive with both feet, one for brakes, the other on the accelerator. Apparently this causes more heating than normal, they did find some crystallization on the pads, dust, heat apparently caused it. A cleaning, and everything was back to normal. Only differance is, I can't do my favoured 2-paddle-peddle action, which is great, especially in heavy traffic.. And as I'm locked i.nto Renault's 3/year Service/Warranty agreement, I can't play around with brake pads, either. Sukky, I have to do the one foot action for the next 2 1/2 years So there you go, as definitive an answer as I can come up with.
Automatic - one foot action only. Crystallization on the brake pads other-wise.

Which is a shame, you'd think that a marque with an apparent F1 and racetrack throughbred d breeding and background could get their bake pads right......

This post has been edited by carlos140: 8 Feb 2015, 03:33

--------------------
Renault Duster 2015
+
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 21:56
Forum Renault