> First English-speaking Buyer

Boris
post 21 Oct 2004, 13:49
Post #31

Croatian member

Group: Members

QUOTE(panzer @ 21 Oct 2004, 12:59)
I don't know about dealers in your country but here you can find also:
- Clio Symbol 1.5dci(made in Turkey) = 10.200euro  (18 month guarantee)
- Daewoo Nubira II (made in Romania) = 10.000euro (3 years guarantee)
- Daewoo Cielo (made in Romania) = 8.200euro (3 years guarantee)
- Hyundai Accent (donnow where is made, Turkey I guess) < 10.000euro (5 years guarantee)
So there would be other options.

The Clio with a 1.5 dCi engine and the equipmet I want would be 12530 euro

The two Daewoos are not sold here.

The Accent 1,5 12V GL allmost fully equiped is 11844 euro at the moment, they have some action sale going on.

So the difference between the Logan and the Accent is cca 1600 euro

Boris

QUOTE(Boris @ 21 Oct 2004, 13:49)
The Accent 1,5 12V GL allmost fully equiped is 11844 euro at the moment, they have some action sale going on.

So the difference between the Logan and the Accent is cca 1600 euro

Boris

Sorry I made a mistake.

That was the price for the Accent for cash.

Othervise the price is 12 736 euro

So the difference between the Logan and the Accent is cca 2500 euro

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.6 2005 + LPG Landi Renzo sequent
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
sstanescu
post 21 Oct 2004, 14:01
Post #32

Membru autentic

Boris, always judge by the cost of ownership, not just the cost of purchase! Ask around about how much you pay at the service, about the service area coverage, how much the parts costs and how available they are, how different is the inssurance bill, what is the difference in petrol/diesel consumption and so on.

Dacia was successful in Romania, with previous models (SuperNova and Solenza), because of the low price but also because of moderate spare-parts price. With Logan, Dacia seems to raise the costs of the parts. (Look at another market: desktop printers. A new one is quite cheap, but the manufacturer will bill you quite hard for service and cartridges).

We have a word in Romania: "Measure twice and cut once!"

--------------------
Dacia SupeRNova Clima - B-92-SLC
All warfare is based on deception. If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.
- Sun Tzu on the Art of War
+
D-Mark
post 21 Oct 2004, 14:30
Post #33

Membru incepator

Free-lance importers offer Dacia Logans at prices between 7600 and 10500 euro in Germany right now. That`s a price-range where I wouldn`t buy a Dacia. I do intend to buy one - but somewhere between 6000 and 7000 euro. At that level, the Logan competes with Daewoo Matiz and nothing else - except second-hand cars. Czech dealers offer them at this price, and if I`d import it on my own, it would be this level, too. (I am talking about the Preference 1,4.)

That`s why spare parts can be as expensive as they want (especially since I`ll only drive the car in the warranty period), they`ll never make up for the incredible difference to, say, a Skoda Fabia or a Daewoo Kalos.

--------------------
VW Polo - -
+
Boris
post 21 Oct 2004, 15:51
Post #34

Croatian member

QUOTE(sstanescu @ 21 Oct 2004, 14:01)
Boris, always judge by the cost of ownership, not just the cost of purchase! Ask around about how much you pay at the service, about the service area coverage, how much the parts costs and how available they are, how different is the inssurance bill, what is the difference in petrol/diesel consumption and so on.

Dacia was successful in Romania, with previous models (SuperNova and Solenza), because of the low price but also because of moderate spare-parts price. With Logan, Dacia seems to raise the costs of the parts. (Look at another market: desktop printers. A new one is quite cheap, but the manufacturer will bill you quite hard for service and cartridges).

We have a word in Romania: "Measure twice and cut once!"

Thanks,

I've done a bit of that, but I will do a bit more investigating.

For the Renault and Dacia the service coverage is good, but people have complaints on the work. The pare parts for Dacia are supposed to be moderate priced, and for Renault expensive.

I don't know what the situation with Hyundai is. I will ask some of my friends. I think they pay for some basic maintenance approximately what I pay for my Ford.

The service coverage for the Opel is also good, and it seems that service prices are quite different from one service center to another.

Kia is something you don't want to buy in Croatia. They have a horrible service network, and the repairs are expensive.

We have the same saying in Croatia biggrin.gif

--------------------
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
+
Dsign
post 22 Oct 2004, 23:20
Post #35

Led Tuning Man

i am an almost happy owner of a logan. i would like to make a short description of my "adventures": in the first 650 km i drove as they say in the manual, shifting gears at max 3500 rot/min and 130 km/h. the fuel consumption was of 6.3 l / 100km. they didn't believe me, and i made the second consumption test: 7.3 driving through Bucharest's traffic jams.

I said almost happy because i heard that the service will be very expensive. As an ex-owner of almost all possible Dacia models (1300, 1310, 1325 Liberta, Sport, Supernova, I still have a 1310 from 1988), it seems to me like they made a real big progress not only in quality but in prices too.
as an example: I want to mount some fog lamps, because my version doesn't have any. So I went to the shop and they told me that the price is 45 E/piece. This was a big shock for every one of us because we knew that the price was max 20 E for the ones on Solenza, which are the same... This is a single example, but I'm sure that there exist many other similar examples. Right now I don't care because I paid for Dacia Extenso...

Wish u all the good thoughts, and have nice trips aboard your LOGAN

--------------------
D Logan 2004 Preference 1.6MPI Egee - B 48 CUP
http://youtu.be/OQ-ukXOBfI4
+
Boris
post 24 Oct 2004, 09:34
Post #36

Croatian member

QUOTE(Dsign @ 22 Oct 2004, 23:20)
i am an almost happy owner of a logan. i would like to make a short description of my "adventures": in the first 650 km i drove as they say in the manual, shifting gears at max 3500 rot/min and 130 km/h. the fuel consumption was of 6.3 l / 100km. they didn't believe me, and i made the second consumption test: 7.3  driving through Bucharest's traffic jams.

I said almost happy because i heard that the service will be very expensive. As an ex-owner of almost all possible Dacia models (1300, 1310, 1325 Liberta, Sport, Supernova, I still have a 1310 from 1988), it seems to me like they made a real big progress not only in quality but in prices too.
as an example: I want to mount some fog lamps, because my version doesn't have any. So I went to the shop and they told me that the price is 45 E/piece. This was a big shock for every one of us because we knew that the price was max 20 E for the ones on Solenza, which are the same... This is a single example, but I'm sure that there exist many other similar examples. Right now I don't care because I paid for Dacia Extenso...

Wish u all the good thoughts, and have nice trips aboard your LOGAN

Well the prices of repairs don't seem too much to me if I compare them with things I had to pay recently.

280 € for a set of valves for my Fiesta
I had to pay for all the seals and work separately.

150 € for changing that automatic regulator of voltage for battery charging

A friend was told that she would have to pay 480 € for the repair of the central locking system in Kia Sephia. She is driving without it right now.

I checked what the price for an outside rear view mirror is for Logan. It was half the price of the other manufacturers.

Some years ago we where in Yugoslavia, and Zastava from Serbia produced cars. The spare parts were always cheap. Imported cars always had much more expensive parts.

You can think of Logan as a half-imported car in Romania. Renault spent "a lot" of money, and they want to get it back. They (Dacia or Renault) are selling the car cheaper than others, so they had to make the parts a bit more expensive than they were.

But still I don't think the price is too big compared to others, even though they might be double the price of parts for Solenza

--------------------
+
asybo2002
post 25 Oct 2004, 07:24
Post #37

Membru autentic

QUOTE(Boris @ 21 Oct 2004, 10:13)
I forgot to mention another car that can be bought for the same price as the LOGAN.
It's a Chevrolet (Daewoo) Kalos.

Hello Boris,

That's interesting because in Romania the most expensive Logan is Ambition which can be bought with 8000 euro final price, while at Kalos the price is the same but it's a CIP one (without taxes). See for yourself: http://www.chevroletgtt.ro/car/kalos.htm

Bye

--------------------
DACIA Duster 4x4, 1.5 dCi 2010 Laureate - B
"Merge si asa" ... Drama sau inventivitate !?
+
Boris
post 26 Oct 2004, 08:13
Post #38

Croatian member

QUOTE(asybo2002 @ 25 Oct 2004, 07:24)
Hello Boris,

That's interesting because in Romania the most expensive Logan is Ambition which can be bought with 8000 euro final price, while at Kalos the price is the same but it's a CIP one (without taxes). See for yourself: http://www.chevroletgtt.ro/car/kalos.htm

Bye

A Kalos with 1.15 L 72HP engine and
-ABS
-Air conditioning
-Two air bags
-Blaupunkt CD
-Servo
-El. front windows
-El. rear view mirrors
-Remote central locking

is 9580 EUR right now in Croatia.

But that is a much smaller car than LOGAN.

Bye

--------------------
+
2 Pages < 1 2
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:09
Forum Renault