Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Check Engine Light, Blinking Check Engine Light

Roderick
post 22 Mar 2014, 21:16
Post #1

Membru incepator

Group: Members

I have a 2007 Logan MCV Ambiance with 51,000 km. Recently, the check engine light was blinking and the engine idle was rough. While driving the engine also was running rough. While still driving, the speedometer quit working and the car ran as normal. The check engine light also went off. I pushed on the speed sensor before driving again and started the car. Everything was normal. Has anyone experienced check engine light blinking and engine running rough? Any ideas what the problem could be?

--------------------
Dacia Logan MCV 1.6 MPI 2007 Ambiance
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
klaus
post 23 Mar 2014, 18:30
Post #2

步步

Group: Moderatori

a problem on a cylinder (spark plug, injector)

--------------------
Scenic III 1.9 dCi - - - -
E mult mai bine să mă înșel din prea multă suspiciune decît din prea multă naivitate. - Cristoiu
+
Roderick
post 26 Mar 2014, 02:29
Post #3

Membru incepator

Thanks. I was wondering if it could be a spark plug cable. I will check out the spark plugs and cables.

--------------------
+
dannygambino
post 26 Mar 2014, 04:48
Post #4

Membru autentic

it sounds to me like it could be more an issue with one of the sensors, either it has a bad connection with the ecu , or even a busted sensor.... you'd better check the errors on the ecu, good luck

--------------------
dacia solenza 2003 confort
+
MyKe89
post 26 Mar 2014, 05:12
Post #5

Membru RFG

I've seen this issue before. As long as the speedometer died, it's clear that the problem is related to the speed sensor or its harness. See if the issue occurs again and with the engine running try to move the speed sensor.

You'll probably end up changing the speed sensor.

Also check the ECU for errors and let us know what turned the check engine light on. smile.gif

This post has been edited by MyKe89: 26 Mar 2014, 05:29

--------------------
'23 Honda CR-V e:HEV
‘23 Honda NC750XA
+
Roderick
post 26 Mar 2014, 19:53
Post #6

Membru incepator

QUOTE(dannygambino @ 26 Mar 2014, 02:48)
it sounds to me like it could be more an issue with one of the sensors, either it has a bad connection with the ecu , or even a busted sensor.... you'd better check the errors on the ecu, good luck

I will see if I can check the errors. I am not sure where I can get that checked here in West Africa. I'll ask around. Everything has been fine for the last week.

26 Mar 2014, 17:59:
QUOTE(MyKe89 @ 26 Mar 2014, 03:12)
I've seen this issue before. As long as the speedometer died, it's clear that the problem is related to the speed sensor or its harness. See if the issue occurs again and with the engine running try to move the speed sensor.

You'll probably end up changing the speed sensor.

Also check the ECU for errors and let us know what turned the check engine light on. smile.gif

I am hoping I can get away without changing the sensor. Like I said in the last reply, it may not be easy checking the ECU code. I'll try moving the speed sensor and see what happens. Thanks for the help.

This post has been edited by Roderick: 26 Mar 2014, 19:59

--------------------
+
klaus
post 27 Mar 2014, 14:30
Post #7

步步

Group: Moderatori

check engine lights when there is an OBD problem.
It permanently lights when an electrical problem is detected or a fault is detected 3 times in a row.
It blinks when there are misfires which destroy the catalyzer (Catalytic Converter). The misfires comes from lack of spark, or an injection problem.
The problem with speedometer I think is more likely an electric one (poor grounding, speedometer sensor plug).

--------------------
Scenic III 1.9 dCi - - - -
E mult mai bine să mă înșel din prea multă suspiciune decît din prea multă naivitate. - Cristoiu
+
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:04
Forum Renault