Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The Czech Republic, Some impresions

Boris
post 26 Jun 2005, 18:40
Post #1

Croatian member

Group: Members

So I was three times in the Chech Republic recently. All buisness trips, but I had some free time allso.
Two out of three times it was Prague. Pregu is beautifull and the center is all oriented to tourism. When you are outside the center it's another story. It was strange for me that outside the center it's hard to find a caffe or a pizzeria, mostly yust blocks of houses. The public transportation system is very good and cheap, a ticket for an adult is cca 0,5 € and is valid for an hour.

The people are very nice, but unfortunately usually don't speak any English. But with my Croatian, their Czech, and our arms and legs the comunication was good enough.

Generally in the Czech Republic you can find a good meal in a normal restaurant from 4 EUR to 8 EUR, and you can have a beer for less than 1 EUR. These are not Prague city center prices. In the center a beer is cca 1,5 EUR or more, the restaurants prices in the center vary a lot, and can be doble or more the prices above.

Outside Prague everything is much less tourist oriented, that can be nice, but you can whait for a waiter much longer smile.gif

As for food, the food is OK, but there is often a sweet toch to a meal you order. Well the main meals or mostly not sweet, sometimes you can order something with a sweet sauce. The salads are allmost allways sweet, more or less, that drove me crazy in the begining. The main problem was that most of the personell in the restaurants did not speak english and I was ordering with a combination of pantomime and croatian. But all in all a 4+ for the food and drinks.

The roads are mostly quite OK. For the highways one has to buy a 15 day (or more) sticker and stick it on the front windshield. I forgot the price, but that was not expensive. The fine for not having the sticker is 500 EUR, so buy it. Like in Croatia you are not allowed to have ANY alcohol in you blood while driving, so if you're by car it's water with lunch. The fines for driving to fast on a highway can go to 500 EUR, so drive reasonably.

All in all a very nice expirience.

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.6 2005 + LPG Landi Renzo sequent
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
twingooo
post 26 May 2008, 23:15
Post #2

Membru de partid din Republica Ceha

below in my post, a link to pics from cesky krumlov in the czech republic

parerea de mai sus va rog sa o tratati ca o parere personala...defapt ca si parerea mea!o locatie sau o destinatie nu trebuie judecata pe baza parerii unui individ sau a experientei individuale.orice globe trotter sau calator imi poate sustine idea:planifica drumul, alege ce vrei sa faci/vezi si bucura-te de orice moment.nu uita aparatul foto..o sa ai de aratat copiilor/nepotilor ce frumoasa e lumea si de asemenea amintiri de depanat cu partenerul cand veti fi batrani si intelepti.

on topic:) :locatia e cesky krumlov...nu va bat la cap cu asezare geografica sau istoric!pentru asta e google.asa cum am zis, parerea mea exprimata vizual despre locatie.

http://picasaweb.google.com/stanescu.vasil...key=vcrctn3EzX4

promit sa revin cu poze din praha..

This post has been edited by twingooo: 26 May 2008, 23:31

--------------------
Renault Espace 2.0 dci 2007, Privilege
mens sana in corpore barosano!
+
twingooo
post 24 Aug 2008, 23:05
Post #3

recomandare:cand calatoriti in rep.ceha, va recomand sa aveti banii pe card si sa il folositi cat mai des.nu pierdeti bani in schimburi intervalutare(atat in tara cat si aici)si aveti intotdeauna grija sa intrebati de doua ori despre un lucru sau un serviciu inainte de a-l plati.o sa revin cu cateva hosteluri si pensiuni pentru vacante low budget.nu uitati, platiti-va vignieta daca veniti cu masina si grija MARE unde parcati:deobicei politia ridica fara a lasa vreun indiciu si semnele prin care ar trebui sa intuiesti ca masina iti va fi ridicata daca parchezi in locul acela, lipsesc.google despre liniile de demarcatie din praha...

This post has been edited by twingooo: 24 Aug 2008, 23:09

--------------------
+
twingooo
post 30 Aug 2008, 10:49
Post #4

nu lasati masina cu suport gps sau detector radar in parbriz.cautati un loc de parcare la vedere, luminat si cat mai populat.puneti parasolarul in geam si nu uitati fata de la playerul auto daca e cazul, in masina.daca vreti o parcare moca dupa ora 18 in buricul targului, va recomand parcarea de pe opletalova:)

--------------------
+
hash
post 10 Sep 2008, 15:07
Post #5

calculatorist

Eurohotel Praha, 200 euro / 4 nights, double room, breakfast, pretty quiet, 10 euros / night for underground parking, bus, metro and Chodov mall near-by (where you can also eat); Chodov parking - first 2h free; Chodov has also P&R

Near the hotel is BauMAXX, it also has an ATM where you can draw some cash, I only used for paying 330CZK for 3 days ticket metro/tram/bus. Everywhere you can use credit card.

GPS - a must-have, especially if you are for the first time driving there

--------------------
- - -
+
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 19:44
Forum Renault