Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> PROBLEMS, Logan Owners Problems

titoasturies
post 2 Jan 2007, 16:11
Post #61

Membru incepator

Group: Members

Is as bad my English writing skill that you think my text's machine-translated?

It's gas petrol, not diesel. But I think it doesn't mind. I've read anywhere something about problems with on board computer, but I don't know how to solve it.

I'll try to ask car seller, maybe he can ask Dacia about it.

This post has been edited by titoasturies: 2 Jan 2007, 16:12

--------------------
Dacia Logan 1.4 MPI Lauréate Collection 2 - (ES) XXXX FHT
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
g100sic
post 4 Jan 2007, 22:17
Post #62

Membru autentic

I decided to change the factory installed radio-CD, which cannot play mp3, for a newly bought Daewoo AGC-5280. Instalation was done by the authorized Dacia personel, but it was really a straitforward operation, disconnecting and reconnecting a standard ISO car audio connector and antena connector. The newly installed radio randomly mutes sound during playback from any source, showing message "tel mute" on it's screen.

I first replaced it at the store, then I had the replaced one checked in the authorized service, and thay said that it was OK and that I should check the car's wiring. The Dacia authorized dealer said that everything is OK with the car, and that the problem is with the radio-CD. I noticed that the wire exists in the car's side of ISO connector that corresponds to the "telephone mute" signal on the radio-CD's side of the connector, but I don't know how it is wired, and is it compatible.

Does anyone have the electrical wiring schema for Dacia Logan, even a partial schema for car ISO radio connector? Does anyone know the electrical specification for this particular signal, on either side (radio-CD or car itself)? Did anyone else have similar problem, was it solved, and how?

BTW, being that nowadays many better car radios can be found in the market than that installed by the factory, I think that this should be an option, on every equipment package of the Logan model! What is your oppinion?

--------------------
Ford Fiesta 1.4 (96 HP) 2010 / Trend (Flex Pack 11)
Never argue with a fool -- people might not notice the difference! (Murphy's First Law of Debate)
+
g100sic
post 8 Jan 2007, 14:06
Post #63

Membru autentic

I had some spare time this weekend, so I did some fiddling with this problem.

I did some measurement of voltage levels on the pins in the car radio ISO connector, with and without the radio connected (I hope my car dealer is not reading this, as I'm not counted as an "authorized" person biggrin.gif ). Strangely, on the pin corresponding to the "telephone mute" signal on the radio, the voltage level depends on the position of the key in the ignition lock! In the ON position I measured 0.3 V, and in the STAND-BY position it was 5.6 V (!!!).

Then I took out the radio from the car, and connected it to the external power supply on the bench (hope the radio supplier is not reading this either, for the same reason as above biggrin.gif ). When left open, the "telephone mute" pin on the radio itself has the voltage of nearly 12 V, and it works correctly. When connected to the "-" of the power supply, 0 V that is, it activates the telephone mute function of the radio!

So, it is clearly an incompatibility of the signal levels in the car and on the radio! The solution was then quite simple, to leave open that pin, which I did by insulating that single pin with a leatle piece of insulating tape. What still puzzles me, is something wrong with the wiring in MY car only, the whole Logan model, or just the radio?!

I noticed also that the radio has another signal, "dimmer", on which it would make sense to have different voltage levels depending on the ignition key position, but I didn't test it's behavior. Could it be that those signals were misplaced erroneously in my car?!

Any experience regarding this matter, please???

--------------------
Never argue with a fool -- people might not notice the difference! (Murphy's First Law of Debate)
+
marksman
post 8 Jan 2007, 14:21
Post #64

Post mortem nihil est

If the stock radio cd in your car was working properly before replacing it with wthe new unit then I assume that the wiring is OK on your car and the installed unit has other wiring layout.

--------------------
Opel / Mazda Crossland X / CX-30 2019 / 2020
Charlie Foxtrot
+
g100sic
post 8 Jan 2007, 14:58
Post #65

Membru autentic

And, since this is the topic for PROBLEMS... here's one!

I'm the proud owner of a new Dacia Logan Laureate Pack 1.4 MPi since 8th december 2006, exactly a month today! Ever since I first activated rear window heating, I noticed that one of the striped heating conductors is not working, the very middle one! After a closer examination, I found the exact place where it is damaged. In the authorized service thay told me that they would replace the whole glass, all I have to do is fill the reclamation form, since there is no way to repair the damage.

However, I'm not sure should I do that, because I heared from someone that when the glass is changed the seal might not be as good as from the factory. I'm also concerned if that operation might cause some other damage, for example on the paint.

Apart from theese "little" things, generally I am very satisfied with the car, but this is the matter for the other topic, in which I'll be glad to participate also smile.gif

--------------------
+
g100sic
post 8 Jan 2007, 15:39
Post #66

Membru autentic

QUOTE(Illusi0n @ 8 Jan 2007, 13:21)
If the stock radio cd in your car was working properly before replacing it with wthe new unit then I assume that the wiring is OK on your car and the installed unit has other wiring layout.

Not every model of the radio employs every signal defined by the standards, I still don't know if that's the case with the stock radio. That's why I asked for other people's experience and/or knowledge.

Is there any Dacia official on this forum, especilally from the service, to answer questions?

--------------------
+
marksman
post 8 Jan 2007, 16:14
Post #67

Post mortem nihil est

QUOTE(g100sic @ 8 Jan 2007, 15:58)
And, since this is the topic for PROBLEMS... here's one!

I'm the proud owner of a new Dacia Logan Laureate Pack 1.4 MPi since 8th december 2006, exactly a month today!  Ever since I first activated rear window heating, I noticed that one of the striped heating conductors is not working, the very middle one! After a closer examination, I found the exact place where it is damaged. In the authorized service thay told me that they would replace the whole glass, all I have to do is fill the reclamation form, since there is no way to repair the damage.

Actually you CAN repair the gap in the striped heating conductor, all you need is a chemical that is silver-based. I don't remember its name however but I'll ask somebody who does.

And about your last question, there is nobody from Dacia around (I mean they're not posting, but I am sure they're reading).

This post has been edited by Illusi0n: 8 Jan 2007, 16:14

--------------------
Charlie Foxtrot
+
g100sic
post 8 Jan 2007, 21:29
Post #68

Membru autentic

QUOTE(Illusi0n @ 8 Jan 2007, 15:14)
Actually you CAN repair the gap in the striped heating conductor, all you need is a chemical that is silver-based. I don't remember its name however but I'll ask somebody who does.

Thanks, I would appreciate very very much if you could provide me some information regarding that material smile.gif! I'm surprised that people from the service don't know about it.

--------------------
+
martin245
post 8 Jan 2007, 23:17
Post #69

EX PAT

--------------------
dacia logan 14 mpi Simply RED 2007 - GB 1
Bessy Regs
+
g100sic
post 8 Jan 2007, 23:56
Post #70

Membru autentic

Thanks mate, I supposed correctly that such a material, or kit must exist.
Now just wish me luck when trying to find it here in my country! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+
g100sic
post 21 Jan 2007, 18:58
Post #71

Membru autentic

Nobody still with any info on Logan's wiring schema for audio ISO connector?
Although I fixed the immediate problem with my radio, this is still a professional curiosity. I'm especially puzzled by the voltage levels I measured on the "Telephone mute" pin.

--------------------
+
marksman
post 21 Jan 2007, 20:19
Post #72

Post mortem nihil est

I guess this may be the answer to your question, although it is in French: http://www.daciaclub.ro/index.php?act=Atta...e=post&id=41593

--------------------
Charlie Foxtrot
+
martin245
post 21 Jan 2007, 21:19
Post #73

EX PAT

I found this on my Renault dialasys program
hope it will help you
Stu

Attached File(s)
Attached File  MRRADBLAUPUNKT4X6W.pdf ( 223.72k ) Number of downloads: 847

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
g100sic
post 24 Jan 2007, 21:56
Post #74

Membru autentic

Thank you both Martin and Illusion, but from what I could see from the documentation you provided me, it only looks that the standard is not quite standardized wink.gif
Kidding... biggrin.gif
It is still not clear how that signal is used by the car, why and under what conditions the voltage levels change on that pin.

--------------------
+
martin245
post 24 Jan 2007, 22:06
Post #75

EX PAT

i am out of here
stu

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
mcv_rulez
post 24 Jan 2007, 22:13
Post #76

Mai mult spațiu. Mai multe posibilități.

[bold]WHY???[/bold]

--------------------
Going to buy Dacia Logan MCV 1.6 16V Laureate (5 seats)
MCV really rules!!!
+
martin245
post 24 Jan 2007, 22:59
Post #77

EX PAT

Only this subject mate
I cannot help in it
Stu

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
Rasko65
post 24 Jan 2007, 23:00
Post #78

Membru incepator

There is some information about car radio in Dacia Logan. Voltage levels, also.

Greetings from Belgrade

Attached File(s)
Attached File  22_DC229.zip ( 253.5k ) Number of downloads: 616

--------------------
Dacia Logan 1.4
+
g100sic
post 24 Jan 2007, 23:33
Post #79

Membru autentic

Unfortunately, the archive is broken, even the pkzipfix cannot fix it sad.gif
Can you post it again, or maybe send it to me some other way?

--------------------
+
martin245
post 25 Jan 2007, 18:36
Post #80

EX PAT

works ok with me
Stu
I will send it unzipped

Attached File(s)
Attached File  22_DC229.pdf ( 342.62k ) Number of downloads: 605

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
marksman
post 25 Jan 2007, 23:21
Post #81

Post mortem nihil est

Rasko65: what is that article about? Can you provide a translation?

--------------------
Charlie Foxtrot
+
martin245
post 26 Jan 2007, 00:03
Post #82

EX PAT

NOT ME MATE
Never seen anything like it in my life hahaa I will stick to my English alphabet
Stu

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
jocker
post 30 Mar 2007, 17:32
Post #83

Membru incepator

I went today to service, my complaint was that I have noticed some strange behaviour of the instuments (RPM meter and speed meter).

When driving on freeway with constant speed the RPM meter is set in to one position, but sometimes it goes down for less than a second and then it goes back again as it should be.

I have noticed this 5-6 months ago, went to service to ask what might be the problem, and they told me that this is the first time to hear such problem and that I should keep monitoring and if this same problem hapened again I should return to service.

Driving in town is not so easy to monitor and see because of the trafic and the constant real variable of the RPMs of the motor.

But every time that I was driving on the freeway this was hapening, at least once that I have noticed because I dont look at the instrument table all the time.

This last time, and it was this week, same hapened but with the speedmeter. It is set to 120 km/h and for less then a second (a period of time) it goes down to what ever it reaches aproximately 80 km/h and it goes back again as it should be at 120 km/h.

The RPM meter from the begining was showing this strange sound from 1800 RPM above, the answer from the service was (and it was a long time ago) that this is normal for all RPM meters to show this sound, and at Logan the instrument is too close to the instrument table that is why this sound is louder from other cars. So they said then.

Today they told me that the whole instrument table needs to be changed because of this noise and strange behavior.

This is a problem I think.

--------------------
dacia logan laureate 1.4 MPI 2005 - Makedonija
+
Boris
post 31 Mar 2007, 02:47
Post #84

Croatian member

A bad problem sad.gif

Never heard of something like that

This post has been edited by Boris: 31 Mar 2007, 02:47

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.6 2005 + LPG Landi Renzo sequent
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
+
g100sic
post 31 Mar 2007, 17:27
Post #85

Membru autentic

This problem raises an interesting question - are the instruments on the dashboard purely mechanical, purely electronic, or some kind of electromechanical combination? Does anyone know this for a fact, to provide an authoritative answer?

I personally expect that in a model like Logan, where the engine is completely electronically controlled, the instruments should be electronically controlled also. In that case, from the glitches you describe it would be obvious that the instrument table was faulty, and that it should have been replaced in the first place. As those instruments are just indicators, I wouldn’t say that this is a serious problem that could affect running of the engine or the whole car and cause some serious damage. Nevertheless, although it’s just an annoyance, with wrong indication of the speed you could get into trouble with the police, so this problem should be addressed with the same attention by the service as any other, and they shouldn’t be pulling your nose.

--------------------
+
martin245
post 31 Mar 2007, 19:03
Post #86

EX PAT

Pulling your nose ???.....(I like that one )
Stu

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
marksman
post 31 Mar 2007, 20:53
Post #87

Post mortem nihil est

QUOTE(g100sic @ 31 Mar 2007, 18:27)
This problem raises an interesting question - are the instruments on the dashboard purely mechanical, purely electronic, or some kind of electromechanical combination? Does anyone know this for a fact, to provide an authoritative answer?

The instrument needles are moved by some kind of miniature (stepper) motor as they are getting the information in the form of an electrical signal. There are some photos around showing the disassembled instrument panel. If I find them I'll provide a link.

Edit: there it is: http://www.daciaclub.ro/index.php?showtopic=10952&hl=

QUOTE(g100sic @ 31 Mar 2007, 18:27)
I personally expect that in a model like Logan, where the engine is completely electronically controlled, the instruments should be electronically controlled also. In that case, from the glitches you describe it would be obvious that the instrument table was faulty, and that it should have been replaced in the first place. As those instruments are just indicators, I wouldn’t say that this is a serious problem that could affect running of the engine or the whole car and cause some serious damage. Nevertheless, although it’s just an annoyance, with wrong indication of the speed you could get into trouble with the police, so this problem should be addressed with the same attention by the service as any other, and they shouldn’t be pulling your nose.

As far as I know there is at least one user on the Romanian part of the forum that experienced this kind of onboard instrumentation fault. The problem should be covered by warranty.

This post has been edited by Illusi0n: 31 Mar 2007, 21:01

--------------------
Charlie Foxtrot
+
g100sic
post 2 Apr 2007, 00:06
Post #88

Membru autentic

QUOTE(martin245 @ 31 Mar 2007, 18:03)
Pulling your nose ???.....(I like that one )
Stu

Yes, that's a traditional Serbian phrase! biggrin.gif
Although I know that Croats, Macedonians, Slovenians and others wouldn't agree... radmasa.gif

QUOTE(IllusiOn @ 31 Mar 2007, 19:53)
The instrument needles are moved by some kind of miniature (stepper) motor as they are getting the information in the form of an electrical signal...

So, basically, my assumption was right.
Man, I'm good!! radmasa.gif

--------------------
+
Keka
post 30 May 2007, 10:53
Post #89

Logan driver :P

I've driven about 44.000 km with my Logan and had following problems: glove compartment door that will not close tightly, so light sometimes turns on, fixed it with thin piece of rubber which I glued on the door next to the light switch; A/C is very noisy in VERY hot day, especially over 3000 rpm; rear ligt switch broke but service replaced that in warranty; wiper blade mechanism broke one day on highwat, so service replaced it all in warranty. Osram head lamps are poor quality, went off after 6 months sad.gif and the clutch makes strange noise in standstill, just like in many Renaults smile.gif Apart from this, I'm very satisfied with my new (old) car icon_mrgreen.gif

--------------------
Dacia Logan 2004 1.6 MPI Laureat pack LPG by Dora - Kadett 1.6D 1983
+
g100sic
post 9 Nov 2007, 01:55
Post #90

Membru autentic

Something for this topic from me...

The other day I checked under the hood after a long while for fluids levels, and to my surprise I found out that hydraulic fluid for steering servo is at minimum level (it was almost full). Still don't know how big a problem is that, will check at the service on Saturday.

--------------------
+
7 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 17:41
Forum Renault