DaciaClub Logo

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Hello from Croatia!, I want to buy dacia logan...

danijel bicanic
post 2 Dec 2004, 09:52
Post #1

Membru incepator

Group: Members

Hello everybody!

I am sorry, I do not speak romanian, but I hope someone can help me.

I am interested in buying the dacia logan. It seems a nice, cheap, reliable and secure car and that is what I am looking for as I do not have to much money to spend on a new car.
What do You all think? What is this car like? Is it worth to buy?

I would be very grateful for any opinion and advice!

Greetings from sunny Croatia!

Danijel biggrin.gif

--------------------
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
adimicu
post 2 Dec 2004, 11:31
Post #2

Membru incepator

hello danijel
on this forum there is English Corner for foreign visiators.
we are happy because you want to buy our national car.if you want to find more about dacia logan you have to visit english corner.
probably this topic is going to be moved there by the moderators
have a nice day

--------------------
Ford Focus 2005, 1.6Tdci 109Cp - CT 82 AUM
Cu cat maimuta se catara mai sus cu atat isi arata fundul mai bine.
+
danijel bicanic
post 2 Dec 2004, 15:36
Post #3

Membru incepator

Ups, have not noticed the english subforum, sorry!
I see there is a countryman of mine in this forum. Dobar dan, lijepo iznenašenje!
Well my question is still the same.
I am going to the place where they sell the logan, perhaps i'll make a test drive. I will tell you about it then!
My first impression from all that I have read... the car should not be that bad.
Greetings Danijel!

--------------------
+
vv
post 2 Dec 2004, 15:40
Post #4

dilbert.com

Danijel, the car is quite ok. The only notable problem so far was the one with the jammed steering - but it seems to be an isolate case. More upsetting about this is Dacia's response (i.e. the fact that they were unwilling to disclose the root cause & to say that they have done something to avoid this kind of problems in the future).

--------------------
Renault Grand Scenic 2008 - B.00.XXX
It is final proof of god's omnipotence that he needs not exist in order to save us.
+
adimicu
post 2 Dec 2004, 19:04
Post #5

Membru incepator

daniel as a owner of a logan i am very pleased with the car.I think that logan it`s a good car and worth about 6000-7000 euro.If you can buy this car you are going to be satisfied
greetings

--------------------
+
danijel bicanic
post 3 Dec 2004, 12:40
Post #6

Membru incepator

Thank You for the info! smile.gif

Well the logan version I am interested in (1.6 laureate, abs, servo, AC, metalic color) costs here 10.150,00 €, but it is still more interesting than a smaller, weaker clio 1.2 or similar car that costs the same. I was yesterday by the Dacia car dealer to see the car. It is indeed very robust, high with a lot of room. The inside of the car hat not the most modern look, but it looks quit solid. My interest is increased after yesterday...

--------------------
+
adimicu
post 3 Dec 2004, 13:47
Post #7

Membru incepator

I am surprised.this car with all optional you want to buy in our country costs just 8400Euro. probably renault pays more taxes in croatia than in romania or something like that.

--------------------
+
danijel bicanic
post 3 Dec 2004, 14:35
Post #8

Membru incepator

Yes probably. But it is still quite cheap for this car and all that goes with it. And there is a 2 year guarantee on the logan too.

--------------------
+
GeorgeB
post 3 Dec 2004, 14:35
Post #9

the 7 stars of Pleiades constellation

what taxes in romania ??? except VAT ?

it 's normal to be more expensive outside due to vamal taxes.

--------------------
SUBARU Legacy 2.5 - ---
L7 2.5 all in black - edition -
+
ursul-alb
post 4 Dec 2004, 13:23
Post #10

Membru autentic

What vamal taxes? Between Romania and Croatia? I don't think so!

This is just a marketing policy, is normal that Renault want to get as much as they can for the car, nothing to blame here; anyway, Croatia is not Romania... smile.gif

See u.

PS: my guess is that really soon will apperar a quite large "grey" market for Logan... I mean persons who will buz it from Romania and sell it outside with a nice profit...

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1,6 egee - IS XX xxx
+
Boris
post 5 Dec 2004, 13:23
Post #11

Croatian member

QUOTE(ursul-alb @ 4 Dec 2004, 13:23)
What vamal taxes? Between Romania and Croatia? I don't think so!

This is just a marketing policy, is normal that Renault want to get as much as they can for the car, nothing to blame here; anyway, Croatia is not Romania... smile.gif

You are right, we had that discussion in another thread. There is no import customs for cars from Romania. The only thing you have to pay is the VAT which is 22%, but you can deduct the Romanian VAT when you export the car.

Having different prices in different countries is nothing new, other manufacturers do it allso. I read an article about it recently. The Logan is the only one with such a big difference, but still it's competitive with that price in Croatia.

Bye,

Boris

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.6 2005 + LPG Landi Renzo sequent
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
+
MoneyTalks
post 5 Dec 2004, 23:26
Post #12

-

QUOTE(Boris @ 5 Dec 2004, 12:23)
The Logan is the only one with such a big difference

Don't be so sure. There are other cars which cost in Romania only one Logan 1.6 less than in, for example, Austria... wink.gif And the same car is something like half Logan 1.6 cheaper in Germany than in Romania blink.gif

--------------------
Lexus ES300H 2020
Religia a aparut cind primul ticalos s-a intilnit cu primul prost

Never underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups
+
D-Mark
post 12 Dec 2004, 01:55
Post #13

Membru incepator

The difference is not due to tariffs, and only to a very small extent due to different VAT levels.

The difference is due to Renault`s strategy. Romania is their home base for the Logan, they want to secure their stronghold there. Elsewhere, where buying power is stronger and there is absolutely no competition in this price segment (Romania has the Solenza, which must not be imported into EU since it does not fulfill the EURO 3 pollution norm), they try to get their piece of the cake. Or, in other words, they`ll simply try to squeeze people in the richer countries.

That`s nothing new. Thousands of Germans buy their cars in Poland or Hungary or buy them from re-importers every year. But Renault/Dacia somehow hit the ceiling with the differences on the Logan...

--------------------
VW Polo - -
+
L-OG2004
post 12 Dec 2004, 12:02
Post #14

Membru incepator

QUOTE(danijel bicanic @ 2 Dec 2004, 08:52)
Hello everybody!

I am sorry, I do not speak romanian, but I hope someone can help me.

I am interested in buying the dacia logan. It seems a nice, cheap, reliable and secure car and that is what I am looking for as I do not have to much money to spend on a new car.
What do You all think? What is this car like? Is it worth to buy?

I would be very grateful for any opinion and advice!

Greetings from sunny Croatia!

Danijel biggrin.gif

Hello;
look of the sites www.dacia.hr of this sites stand all the Dacia dealer from Croatia.
I“m drive this car 12.000 km is good.

--------------------
Dacia Logan - L-OG 2004
+
bogdan_o
post 12 Dec 2004, 22:54
Post #15

om ca, din pacate, din ce in ce mai putini

Danijel, to answer your question. Logan is clearly a cheap car to buy. If it is nice or not, that is a matter of personal taste. As for reliable and secure, I have my doubts.

Problems so far with Logan. One car (and it seems another soon followed it) rolled over while driving in a straight line. There have been some problems with the steering that is jamming. Other minor problems are water who leaks into the trunk, the instrument panels have some bugs (the rev meter jamms or has a slight delay, lights flash with no reason ans so on).

Personally, I am driving a Solenza for more than one year. At the very beginning I was thrilled about it. It seemed quieter and much more reliable than any other Dacia. Well, I was wrong. Even thugh I haven't had so much problems with it, they started to occur and the frequency with which they do is dissapointing. My breaking drums froze last winter and ever since then, when it's cold outside for the first 10 minutes of every drive a horrible noise occurs every time I break. Another prblem is a squeeling sound which I hear from time to time due to break ad that often gets jammed. In the interior the plastics make the same awfull noise and I have to take out the dashbard every month or so to elliminate this problem. All in all, these are not major problems, but they are anoying.

I'm noy saying that Logan must have the same problems. But take into account that the production started recently and the major faults would show by the beginning of the next year, the winter having a strong word in this matter.

So, if you are about to accept these faults, being aware of the fact that Logan was designed to be first a cheap and then a reliable car, then go ahead and buy one. If not, then look towards another car.

As for myself, I wowed I would never buy anther car made by Dacia (or Renault). I don't need more headaches.

--------------------
Dacia SLZ 1.4 / Break CL
E bine sa fii multumit cu ceea ce ai, dar nu si de ceea ce esti (Sir James MacKintosh)
+
ollie
post 13 Dec 2004, 12:26
Post #16

Membru incepator

The price difference between Romania and Croatia is remarkable indeed, because I suppose in Croatia you can't get a big discount on the official price. And that's a big difference with countries like Germany: yes, in general the official car prices are much higher in Western-Europe compared to Romania, but there it's common to get considerable discounts as part of the marketing policy. These discounts reduce the price differences considerably.

That Dacia's in Croatia are more expensive than in RO is reasonable:
- transport costs
- importer as extra distribution step takes money
- dealers don't sell the same big volume like in RO yet
- 3% extra VAT
But a price difference of 2000 Euro's certainly doesn't sound fair to me.

--------------------
Renault Scenic 1.5 80 2004
Renault Scenic 1.5 dci 80 Conf. Dyn.
+
bogdan_o
post 16 Dec 2004, 15:45
Post #17

om ca, din pacate, din ce in ce mai putini

It seems that Dacia wants to be an eco-friendly producer and started making bio-degradable cars. The painting coating on Logans is starting to exfoliate. To one member this problem occured, pay attention, after the first wash. An area of 10 by 4 cm of coating exfoliated. At this pace he risks losing all the coatng. It's not possible, not saying unbelievable, for a new car to have this problem.

--------------------
Dacia SLZ 1.4 / Break CL
E bine sa fii multumit cu ceea ce ai, dar nu si de ceea ce esti (Sir James MacKintosh)
+
vv
post 16 Dec 2004, 16:05
Post #18

dilbert.com

Wait a second..... for the sake of the accuracy:
1. This is the romanian thread . Notice the dates - this "problem" is not exactly new.
2. it is not the painting that exfoliated, it is some form of coating. There was a long debate whether that was indeed some coating that was supposed to be exfoliated, or not.
3. It's not a generalized problem - it's just on a small portion of the car (i don't know the english word - it's the lower part of the doorway)
4. This was only reported with 2 gray logans from the same batch, among the first shiped cars. Even if it was a real 'problem' - it was most certainly isolated (some improper coating used at that batch of cars)

--------------------
Renault Grand Scenic 2008 - B.00.XXX
It is final proof of god's omnipotence that he needs not exist in order to save us.
+
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:51
Forum Renault