Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> First English-speaking Buyer

jhr
post 4 Oct 2004, 18:56
Post #1

Membru autentic

Group: Members

I'm looking forward to seeing the first english-speaking Logan buyer (not necessarily a native speaker)

--------------------
AUDI A6 2006,2.7 TDI QUATTRO, 180 CP TIPTRONIC - bo1xxx
www.horiaroman.com
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
stilltoonosy
post 5 Oct 2004, 08:10
Post #2

Membru incepator

perhaps we won't have to wait that long ?!
http://www.autoscout24.de/home/index/list....1=Suche+starten

This post has been edited by stilltoonosy: 5 Oct 2004, 08:10

--------------------
+
alex
post 5 Oct 2004, 17:22
Post #3

Membru autentic

Group: Admin

--------------------
N/A N/A N/A
snafu
+
D-Mark
post 6 Oct 2004, 01:06
Post #4

Membru incepator

I`ll probably buy one by next May or June. I`ve contacted some dealers in the Czech Republic, and prices seem to be quite reasonable there, too (6760 € for a Preference 1,4).

I am also looking very forward to hearing news from people outside Romania who have bought a Logan. There are so many questions:
- Which warranty does Dacia offer in EU countries? (2 years of - I don´t know the English word, the German word is "Gewährleistung" - are mandatory; Renault Germany said they`d give three years, but does that mean extra xosts? In Romania, three years is the Dacia Extenso costing some 170 €, isn`t it?)
- Who repairs your car on warranty abroad - only your dealer, or, as Renault Germany said, every Renault garage?

OK, so much for a start.

By the way, I´ve opened another account (Salvador - the name I`d rather use), but at the registration I didn`t check the option "Allow admins to send me e-mail", so I didn`t get the confirmation e-mail. That`s a technical problem; in fact, to become a member with posting rights, you MUST check "Allow admins..." now. My advice would be to change that - or to remove the option of not allowing admins to send you mail.

P.S.: If you sent me that confirmation mail to the address I`ve posted at the registration for the account "Salvador", I´d confirm that and give up this account...

--------------------
VW Polo - -
+
VladoMKD
post 6 Oct 2004, 12:35
Post #5

Membru incepator

OK I must admitted that I’m the first (crap English-speaking) Bayer biggrin.gif . Logan Laureate 1.4 color Passion Red. Not the top model with ABS but 1 level of equipment down, without ABS, CD player etc. My car will arrive between 15 and 20 October, until then I must wait and wait and…uh, maybe wrote or read something on net for Logan. I made decision first because reasonable price, nobody sells so big and spacious car for that price. I need family car for 5 persons and Logan looks like the car that I waiting for. cool.gif Cheep, reliable, big, and comfortable with fine Renault engine and mechanics. Just hope that am not making mistake with my decision. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.4
+
costi
post 6 Oct 2004, 13:20
Post #6

Membru autentic

Nobody here thinks that buying a LGN is a mistake, so far. Maybe it’s too early. Only a few on this forum bought their LGN’s so we have to wait and see how the car develops, especially in the service and reliability fields. The premises are good for the moment. Keep in touch with any querries.

--------------------
DSN/SLZ
+
VladoMKD
post 6 Oct 2004, 13:56
Post #7

Membru incepator

QUOTE(costi @ 6 Oct 2004, 14:20)
Nobody here thinks that buying a LGN is a mistake, so far. Maybe it’s too early. Only a few on this forum bought their LGN’s so we have to wait and see how the car develops, especially in the service and reliability fields. The premises are good for the moment. Keep in touch with any querries.

smile.gif I'm very happy with this. I don’t think too, only little afraid for my hard earned many.

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.4
+
maddan
post 6 Oct 2004, 14:37
Post #8

Speedy Gonzales

Hey, hello, and welcome to this site! smile.gif

Where are you from?

I think you made a correct choice: after all you don't risk too much money, in the end.

You should, however, try to see what technical conditions exist for service in your country. I'd like to know also what guarantee gives Renault in your country?...

It's a good car. It gives you the feeling of a Clio (well, sort of... wink.gif ), but at a price considerably lower. That's a good buy.

And I do hope that all the problems that plagued Dacia models before, would be solved, at least 95%, at this new Renault assembled in Romania.

Keep us posted, and feel welcome here!

--------------------
Renault Megane II 1.5 dci 100 CP Lux Privilege... 2006/7 - Bsiceva...
Mirror mirror on the wall, show me where the forums fall...
+
sstanescu
post 6 Oct 2004, 14:40
Post #9

Membru autentic

VladoMKD and D-Mark, welcome to the club!

Now about your fear: buying something is always more or less a gamble. In auto industry, the rush for sales and market share is so big, that some mishaps are common in the beginning of a new product line/platform. It's not just about Dacia, it's about the entire industry. Look at the computer industry: some mainboards, chipsets, processors are flawed at the time of shipping. Some of the products are recalled, some bugs can be fixed by the means of software, and some other bugs are so isolated nobody cares.

Logan it's a brand new product. I must tell you, it's the most tested car Dacia ever built! But if you rush to get the product in the first months, you must be prepared for some problems. Some of them can be really small, some could be more serious. Just cross your fingers and hope smile.gif!

I will disclose you a small secret: some of the fellow members, including me, thinks it's usually wise to wait half-a-year/one-full-year before going for the new product. It's plenty of time for the manufacturer to receive some feedback from the customers, the cars have some mileage facing the real-world and you gave the competitors time to respond with their offer. Like in any business, you can rush for apparent easy money or you can be more prudent with your investment. There is no getting-rich-receipt!

The decision was yours! Since you order it already, leave the fear away! Plan the first trip with the car, save some money for the gas and all the small accessories.

You are always welcomed here with some feedback when you will receive the car!

--------------------
Dacia SupeRNova Clima - B-92-SLC
All warfare is based on deception. If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.
- Sun Tzu on the Art of War
+
costi
post 6 Oct 2004, 15:06
Post #10

Membru autentic

Yah, and afterwards pay a visit to Bucharest on a Friday afternoon when the guys of the Forum meet. Just joking but who knows?

--------------------
DSN/SLZ
+
Marty
post 6 Oct 2004, 15:28
Post #11

Membru cu privire de ansamblu

My God, it's Thursday evening!! tongue.gif

--------------------
Gillette De unica folosinta 2011 - B 999 NAM
Mindru absolvent de grup scolar.
+
Michael
post 6 Oct 2004, 15:38
Post #12

Membru

Those interested in more detalis on Dacia Logan could also visit the official Dacia sites:
www.daciagroup.com (available in English, French and Romanian)
www.dacia.cz (available in Czech)
www.dacia.hr (available in Croatian)
www.dacia.co.hu (available in Hungarian)
www.dacia.com.pl (available in Polish)
www.dacia.si ( available in Slovenian)
As far as I know, the content of the above sites is generally the same. Just the language is different.

This post has been edited by Michael: 7 Oct 2004, 14:31

--------------------
Volkswagen Jetta 2008/Comfortline
1.4 TSI 122 CP DSG7
+
costi
post 6 Oct 2004, 15:54
Post #13

Membru autentic

Sorry Marty is right (like most of the time).....

--------------------
DSN/SLZ
+
VladoMKD
post 6 Oct 2004, 16:32
Post #14

Membru incepator

QUOTE(costi @ 6 Oct 2004, 16:06)
Yah, and afterwards pay a visit to Bucharest on a Friday afternoon when the guys of the Forum meet. Just joking but who knows?

biggrin.gif I tray with Logan, Thursday evening hmmm no problem wink.gif
I’m from Macedonia - Skopje, you now we play soccer game in Bucharest Romania- Macedonia 2:1 I think or? wacko.gif Yes it was 2:1 but we should draw 2:2 Pandev in 90’ 2cm away from goal. rolleyes.gif
Anyway, for Logan they give me 1-year warranty, and every official service of Renault could do the repair.

Thanks for nice words guys.

This post has been edited by VladoMKD: 6 Oct 2004, 16:33

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.4
+
VladoMKD
post 7 Oct 2004, 14:47
Post #15

Membru incepator

QUOTE(maddan @ 6 Oct 2004, 15:37)

It's a good car. It gives you the feeling of a Clio (well, sort of... wink.gif ), but at a price considerably lower. That's a good buy.

And I do hope that all the problems that plagued Dacia models before, would be solved, at least 95%, at this new Renault assembled in Romania.

Keep us posted, and feel welcome here!

I think to :

logan-by-renault.jpg

I hope that Renault will not gamble with name and hard-earned respect in Europe.

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.4
+
sstanescu
post 7 Oct 2004, 14:58
Post #16

Membru autentic

Vlado, you said Dacia is offering you just 1-year warranty. What is the offer of other carmakers? And do you know what is the minimum warranty by the law in your country for a new car?

I'm asking you this since one year is seems to me way to short. Come-on, there are home appliances with 2 and 3 years warranty!!!

--------------------
All warfare is based on deception. If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.
+
costi
post 7 Oct 2004, 15:48
Post #17

Membru autentic

Yah but you don't run your TV out in the snow and onto the potholes of Bucharest.

--------------------
DSN/SLZ
+
sstanescu
post 7 Oct 2004, 16:06
Post #18

Membru autentic

costi, you have 1,5 years warranty in Romania. Moreover, you can extend your warranty to 3 years. In Romania, by law, each car should bear at least 18 months warranty. Law defines quite clear the product categories and the minimum warranty the manufacturer should offer!

--------------------
+
mil
post 7 Oct 2004, 16:36
Post #19

ocupat

I think that Renault adapts its offer to each country minimum legislation to increase the profit. So, if in Macedonia 1 year is the legal waranty limit, one year it is.

VladoMKD can you be more specific about the price that you paid (euros including VAT) and the level (Ambiance, Preferance, Laureat, Ambition).

Dacia had a long confirmed fame of "strong personality" cars (maybe because there was a lot of handmade in it). We say that there are not two Dacia that are the same...so, please grab your keyboard if you find something unusual. Will be pleased to help.

About football, sorry about last match, and don't hesitate to beat the checs and the netherlands. We promiss to try the same in order to get both qualified.

And last by not least, enjoy your car.

--------------------
x x - x
I Bog te veselit!
+
VladoMKD
post 8 Oct 2004, 15:05
Post #20

Membru incepator

Ambience 1.4i ------75ks-------- 6990 eur
Ambience Pack 1.4i ---75ks--- 7490 eur
Ambience Pack 1.6i----90ks--- 7600 eur
Laureat 1.4i------75ks---------- 7990 eur Full price paid in cash
Laureat 1.6i-------90ks--------- 8100 eur
Laureat Pack 1.6i----90ks---- 8600 eur

I think that Laureat Pack is same with Ambition.

"In Macedonia 1 year is the legal waranty limit." Right blush.gif

Laureate 1.4i - highest level of equipment with 1.4 engine, shorter from Ambition for ABS, electric for rear windows, aluminum (I don’t now the word maybe wheels), CD player. These parts of equipment I don't have in my car.

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.4
+
kaspersky
post 8 Oct 2004, 15:32
Post #21

maistru Zen

QUOTE(VladoMKD @ 8 Oct 2004, 16:05)
aluminum (I don’t now the word maybe wheels)

the word is 'rims'

--------------------
KIA Cee'd SW 1.6 GSL Base 2008
"Să fii patriot în România înseamnă să puți a iesle în timp ce constați că toate celelalte popoare ne sunt inferioare."
+
VladoMKD
post 8 Oct 2004, 15:38
Post #22

Membru incepator

QUOTE(mil @ 7 Oct 2004, 17:36)

Dacia had a long confirmed fame of  "strong personality" cars (maybe because there was a lot of handmade in it). We say that there are not two Dacia that are the same...so, please grab your keyboard if you find something unusual. Will be pleased to help.

"Strong personality" huh, you scares me huh.gif I will wrote to you, but I hope that this personality will be not so strong with Logan biggrin.gif

QUOTE(mil @ 7 Oct 2004, 17:36)
About football, sorry about last match, and don't hesitate to beat the checs and the netherlands. We promiss to try the same in order to get both qualified.

And last by not least, enjoy your car.

Don't be sorry, your team play better and deserved the win. It will be hard for us to grab some points from Holland and Czech Republic but we try to do something. wink.gif

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.4
+
Ov
post 8 Oct 2004, 15:40
Post #23

Academician doctor inginer, savant de renume mondial

Group: Moderatori

QUOTE(VladoMKD @ 8 Oct 2004, 16:38)
I hope that this personality will be not so strong with Logan  biggrin.gif 

That's what we ALL hope wink.gif

--------------------
Dacia 1300 1972
when life gives you lemon, make lemonade
+
VladoMKD
post 18 Oct 2004, 10:06
Post #24

Membru incepator

QUOTE(VladoMKD @ 6 Oct 2004, 17:32)

Anyway, for Logan they give me 1-year warranty, and every official service of Renault could do the repair.

I made mistake guys blush.gif, I ask these days again, and its 2 years warranty without limit on km-s.

Wee have 18% taxes, but I don’t now how more % for delivering the car and some other payments maybe.

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.4
+
Boris
post 20 Oct 2004, 10:27
Post #25

Croatian member

QUOTE(VladoMKD @ 6 Oct 2004, 12:35)
My car will arrive between 15 and 20 October, until then I must wait and wait and…uh, maybe wrote or read something on net for Logan.

Hi Vlado,

I'm looking forward to reading any feedback about the Logan from you, as well as any other Logan owner.

There is probably a lot more romanian speeking Logan owners on this forum. It would be nice to read some of their experiences in enlish, since I can't understand any of the posts in romanian.

I'm strongly considering buying a Logan in the spring. If I buy a Logan it will be a

1.6 LAUREATE model with
- a second air bag
- manual AC
- and ABS

as aditional equipment.

Im from Croatia, and with the todays exange rate the price would be cca 10 200 € for such a model.

I'm interested what is the price for such a car in Romania. Yust to see what is the difference.

For the Logans without any additional equipment prices in Croatia range from 7262 € to 8902 € with taxes and transport included, and from 5952 € to 7297 € without the taxes.

The warranty period is 2 years, with a 24h Renault Assistance program.

I have taken a test drive on a 1.4 model, and so far the only complaint is that the gas pedal is way to soft for me. But I suppose that is something to get used to.

As many other potential buyers I'm a bit worried about the quality of the car, because it is too soon to tell.

Best regards,

Boris

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.6 2005 + LPG Landi Renzo sequent
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
+
costi
post 20 Oct 2004, 10:44
Post #26

Membru autentic

Hi Boris. The most expensive Logan here is 8300 E (the price includes extended warranty).
You could ask questions and we could translate to you or make a resume from what we learned about the car, so far.

--------------------
DSN/SLZ
+
Boris
post 20 Oct 2004, 11:58
Post #27

Croatian member

QUOTE(costi @ 20 Oct 2004, 10:44)
Hi Boris. The most expensive Logan here is 8300 E (the price includes extended warranty).
You could ask questions and we could translate to you or make a resume from what we learned about the car, so far.

Thx for the information. The price difference is smaller than I thought it would be. I suppose it is the difference in taxes or transport.

Well I have read some articles from journalists who have driven the Logan, read all the specifications, taken a test drive,......

I'm mainly interested did the car have any failures so far (I know it's a bit to soon), and how good is the quality compared with the previous Dacia model.

Basically that's that.

I know what I'll buy if I buy a Logan. I'm looking for a family car with a reasonable price and resole quality. The only question is how good is the reliability of the Logan.

For now I like to think of the Logan as of Skoda Felicia. I Think that was the first model after VW bought skoda. A lot of people did not whant to buy it because it was a Skoda. The Felicia cars are still driving with out any major problems.

If anyone has the will and time to write a short resume of expiriences with Logan in english it would be great.

Bye

Boris

--------------------
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
+
D-Mark
post 20 Oct 2004, 23:39
Post #28

Membru incepator

QUOTE(Boris @ 20 Oct 2004, 11:58)
Thx for the information. The price difference is smaller than I thought it would be.
[...]
I'm mainly interested did the car have any failures so far (I know it's a bit to soon), and how good is the quality compared with the previous Dacia model.
[...]
I know what I'll buy if I buy a Logan. I'm looking for a family car with a reasonable price and resole quality. The only question is how good is the reliability of the Logan.

The price difference still seems huge to me! Dacia dealers in the Czech republic told me that the most expensive version would be around 9000 euro. Probably it`s a question of tariff-free trade among certain countries... Perhaps you`ll ask dealers in other countries as well? And have you considered importing the car on your own, or would you say that that`s not worth it?

From what I`ve understood, Romanian owners of Logans have so far expressed certain only minor complaints (odd sounds issuing from all parts of the car biggrin.gif ), the only major problem that has occurred so far seems to be one owner`s problem with the paint, it`s apparently peeling off. But that`s a singular case. Friends of mine have test-driven the car as well and said it was WAY BETTER than anything Dacia has ever produced.

I suppose there are many others here who can help you a lot better, since I am not a Romanian native-speaker. I hope you`ll be satisfied with your choice, whatever it be.

--------------------
VW Polo - -
+
Boris
post 21 Oct 2004, 08:54
Post #29

Croatian member

QUOTE(D-Mark @ 20 Oct 2004, 23:39)
The price difference still seems huge to me! Dacia dealers in the Czech republic told me that the most expensive version would be around 9000 euro. Probably it`s a question of tariff-free trade among certain countries... Perhaps you`ll ask dealers in other countries as well? And have you considered importing the car on your own, or would you say that that`s not worth it?

From what I`ve understood, Romanian owners of Logans have so far expressed certain only minor complaints (odd sounds issuing from all parts of the car  biggrin.gif ), the only major problem that has occurred so far seems to be one owner`s problem with the paint, it`s apparently peeling off. But that`s a singular case. Friends of mine have test-driven the car as well and said it was WAY BETTER than anything Dacia has ever produced.

I suppose there are many others here who can help you a lot better, since I am not a Romanian native-speaker. I hope you`ll be satisfied with your choice, whatever it be.

Tnx for all the information.

Well, the most expensive version is around 9000 euro, but with out any additional equipment.

If I pay extra for the manual AC, second air bag, ABS and metallic color the price comes up to cca 10 200 euro.

(Judging from your post paying extra for metallic color is a must biggrin.gif)

It's not the difference in customs because we have a trade-free agreement with all (EU, EFTA (IS, N, CH, FL), CEFTA (BG, CZ, H, PL, R, SK, SLO), BIH, MK, TR) countries, so I only have to pay the VAT + some additional taxes on cars. The additional tax on cars varies according to the price.

Right now I'm driving a 1995. Ford Fiesta 1.3 GFJ which has cca 130 000 km, I'm the 4. owner, and it consumes oil like crazy, so I think it's time for a new car.

The problem is that in three years I will most probably start to build a house, so I can not take a big credit for a new car right now, and I think it's better to buy the car now than wait for the building to start.

The cars I have considered, based on the price, are:

- Dacia Logan
- Renault Thalia
- Hyundai Accent
- Opel Astra Classic II

All models with cca 90-100 HP, ABS, two air bags and manual AC.

The price difference between the cheapest and most expensive car listed is 2500 euro. Right now the Logan seems like a good bargain, because I could pay the car off in three years. With the Opel and Hyundai it would have to be a five year credit.

I hope I will get enough info about the Logan in a couple of months to be able to make my decision.

As for the importing of a new car my self:

I don't think that's a good idea. For some reason, and I do not understand why, a car is more expensive, if I import it my self, than a car bought in an autorised dealership. Maybe they have smaller taxes or something.

Boris

I forgot to mention another car that can be bought for the same price as the LOGAN.

It's a Chevrolet (Daewoo) Kalos.

But my wife does not like that one, so I guess i don't have to consider it laugh.gif

--------------------
+
panzer
post 21 Oct 2004, 12:59
Post #30

Membru incepator

I don't know about dealers in your country but here you can find also:
- Clio Symbol 1.5dci(made in Turkey) = 10.200euro (18 month guarantee)
- Daewoo Nubira II (made in Romania) = 10.000euro (3 years guarantee)
- Daewoo Cielo (made in Romania) = 8.200euro (3 years guarantee)
- Hyundai Accent (donnow where is made, Turkey I guess) < 10.000euro (5 years guarantee)
So there would be other options.

--------------------
+
2 Pages  1 2 >
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 19:28
Forum Renault