Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> What do you think about Logan?, For all non-Romanian users

vv
post 12 Apr 2005, 09:17
Post #31

dilbert.com

Group: Members

Well, since there are many Romanian owners, there are many questions/problems/improvements to be discussed. The car is ok in general, there are some isolated problems (e.g. some problems with the catalyst - hope I got the english translation right smile.gif ) but the cars seem to work ok so far. To give you an idea first 5 topics (i.e. most recent) in the 'technical problems' section are now:
- power steering tremor (fake problem IMO, it is normal behaviour in the described conditions)
- clutch and steering adjustment ( some guy's car has a tendency to steer right slightly + he wants to adjust the clutch pedal so that it de-couples earlier)
- problems with the catalyst
- front wheels burning hot (most probably from heavy braking, IMO there is little indication so far that this is indeed a technical problem)
- noise from the gearbox in the first gear ( some discussion whether it is normal or not - the descriprion is "put the car in the first gear, accelerate till 3000 rpm, then press the clutch and wait until you get to 800 rpm (with the car still in the first gear, but the clutch pedal pressed); at this point, do you hear a noise?). There was some discussion whether in this kind of conditions, it is normal - the general opinion seems to be that if there is no noise when accelerating, there is no problem.

furculission = fourche (sorry i didn't have time to drink my morning coffee) smile.gif

This post has been edited by vv: 12 Apr 2005, 11:00

--------------------
Renault Grand Scenic 2008 - B.00.XXX
It is final proof of god's omnipotence that he needs not exist in order to save us.
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
sp67
post 12 Apr 2005, 10:54
Post #32

Membru incepator

direction = steering
servodirection = power steering
smile.gif

--------------------
+
Boris
post 12 Apr 2005, 12:44
Post #33

Croatian member

It sounds to me that those guys with the "tremor" and "seering to the right" 'problems' should first check the front end geometry, balance, caster angle,... (whatever the english expresions are ).

Specialy the guy with the "seering to the right" problem, that's going to solve his problem.

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.6 2005 + LPG Landi Renzo sequent
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
+
TheMask
post 12 Apr 2005, 13:23
Post #34

Membru incepator

Steering to one side can be caused by difference in tire pressure also on the front side wheels.

I have an Ambition model since October last year and i'm pleased with it so far. No problems as some other fellows here.

Aside some minor noises from the engine that i don't like (but i might be over sensitive to this stuff) the car is ok.

Unfortunately, what i hear from some of my co-workers that bought the car recently, it seems that the legend of Romanian labor is still strong. I mean that the car i bought few months ago seems to be put toghether with more conscientiousness than the ones that go out of the factory right now. But this is my own opinion and others may contradict me.

--------------------
Dacia Logan Ambition - xxx
+
DJ Nesta
post 13 Apr 2005, 09:07
Post #35

Membru incepator

QUOTE(Boris @ 12 Apr 2005, 11:44)
It sounds to me that those guys with the "tremor" and "seering to the right" 'problems' should first check the front end geometry, balance, caster angle,... (whatever the english expresions are ).

Specialy the guy with the  "seering to the right" problem, that's going to solve his problem.

Indeed, I had the same problem (steering to the right). After "geometry" it is 100% alright (at the DACIA/Renault-service they told me that the wheels were standing a bit like tthis: / /

--------------------
+
look
post 13 Apr 2005, 15:40
Post #36

Membru incepator

QUOTE(TheMask @ 12 Apr 2005, 13:23)
Aside some minor noises from the engine that i don't like (but i might be over sensitive to this stuff) the car is ok.

I have Logan laureate 1.4 and i also hear some strange noise from the engine.
I tought that I was going crazy because two of my friends that drove this car for a test drive didn't hear anything.
So let's just compare that noise!

I hear strange sound from the engine, but only when I seat in a driver seat. It can be heard only when I accelerate and it's coming from the front left side of the car. It's some kind of ticking (I can't describe it in other words) tick-tick-tick-tick.

Is this the noise that you hear?

This post has been edited by look: 13 Apr 2005, 17:31

--------------------
Dacia Logan laureate - 1.4
+
TheMask
post 13 Apr 2005, 16:03
Post #37

Membru incepator

To me it sounds a little bit like a Diesel engine when it just started. After the engine is warm it is still audible but less noisy. The sound I hear more often is similar to an old engine with used pistons, but of course, I can not belive it comes from this, the engine is new.

I remember some discussions about a ticking noise that came from the engine air intake (the tube entrance is on the left side of the engine, so that is why it might be noisier from the driver seat) and it disappears after changing the plastic tube.

--------------------
Dacia Logan Ambition - xxx
+
vv
post 13 Apr 2005, 16:15
Post #38

dilbert.com

@look - i think your noise may be from the injectors ('normal' noise), especially since you hear it more when you accelerate.

--------------------
It is final proof of god's omnipotence that he needs not exist in order to save us.
+
look
post 13 Apr 2005, 17:46
Post #39

Membru incepator

Thanks TheMask and vv!

According to this what you say this is nothing serious and it's probably normal thing!

I got very vory and I thought to take the car to service, but now I wan't!

And I have one more question that I forgot to ask in last post!

The pedals (break, accelerate and for changing gears) when the car is on the move they are vibrating, and I can say that it's not very pleasent feeling for my feets. The vibrating is changing form none to little and to a lot of vibrating. When I say a lot that means that it's a unpleasent feeling when I put my feet to a pedal.

Is this normal too?

Shoud I go to a service for a check?

Since I just drove car for a 500km meybe some thing will get better when I go over 1000km and when a motor goes over a factory first recommandation.

I don't want to go to a service to be laughed at because this problem is silly or normal thing.

I bouth this car after 17 years of driving skoda 120l and I didn't have a chance to drive other or better new cars.

--------------------
+
vv
post 18 Apr 2005, 15:45
Post #40

dilbert.com

On my car - the brake pedal only vibrates from the ABS, the cluch pedal does not vibrate. The acceleration vibrates at all Logans - this is a known problem that was discussed a lot on the romanian part of the forum. Some guys installed some sort of flexible tube (if my understanding is correct smile.gif ) on the exhaust part of the car, this reduces the vibrations quite a bit. Maybe you should contact rdesign or klaus - they installed this flexible element.
Careful though, if you are making this modification you may loose the waranty. Are you sure that it bothers you that much?

This post has been edited by vv: 18 Apr 2005, 15:46

--------------------
+
Boris
post 19 Apr 2005, 13:34
Post #41

Croatian member

QUOTE(vv @ 18 Apr 2005, 15:45)
The acceleration vibrates at all Logans - this is a known problem that was discussed a lot on the romanian part of the forum.

I must say that I did not notice any vibrations of pedals, either I don't have the problem or my feet are numb smile.gif

--------------------
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
+
vv
post 19 Apr 2005, 13:36
Post #42

dilbert.com

Boris - accelerate until you reach 3000 rpm, then lift your foot so that the acceleration pedal is no longer pressed, but your foot still makes contact with the pedal. I'm sure you'll feel the vibration smile.gif

--------------------
+
Boris
post 19 Apr 2005, 14:02
Post #43

Croatian member

QUOTE(vv @ 19 Apr 2005, 13:36)
Boris - accelerate until you reach 3000 rpm, then lift your foot so that the acceleration pedal is no longer pressed, but your foot still makes contact with the pedal. I'm sure you'll feel the vibration smile.gif

OK I'll try it, but it seems that I have a different aproach to Logan 'problems'.

If I don't notice a 'problem', I don't have a problem biggrin.gif

The only thing I have noticed so far are those vibrating and noisy wipers, and I had enough adjusting. I'll just change them.

EDIT: Added later

OK, so I'm home and I accelerated to 3000 rpm, released the accelerator pedal (kept my foot on it) and I did not feel any serious vibrations (very, very small. nothing to wite about in my opinion).

The thing I find a bit anoying if we are talking about the driving characeristics of the Logan is that it is difficult to drive really slow (trafic jams). If I,m driving slow (10-15 km/h) and try to release the accelerator pedal (very very gently) the car jumps and kicks a bit. Like the engine is choking (but it's not). Maybe I don't have the feel for theese soft pedals yet.

This post has been edited by Boris: 19 Apr 2005, 16:58

--------------------
+
look
post 2 May 2005, 12:57
Post #44

Membru incepator

QUOTE(vv @ 18 Apr 2005, 15:45)
On my car - the brake pedal only vibrates from the ABS, the cluch pedal does not vibrate. The acceleration vibrates at all Logans - this is a known problem that was discussed a lot on the romanian part of the forum. Some guys installed some sort of flexible tube (if my understanding is correct smile.gif ) on the exhaust part of the car, this reduces the vibrations quite a bit.  Maybe you should contact rdesign or klaus - they installed this flexible element.
Careful though, if you are making this modification you may loose the waranty. Are you sure that it bothers you that much?

Thank you vv. I was unable to come to the forum before. Well, I guess I will have to get used to this vibrating! In time, I will probably totaly ignore this thing.

If I just can't, than I will make modifications and before that contact eather klaus or rdesign.

Thank you once again!

--------------------
+
Dsign
post 3 May 2005, 23:34
Post #45

Led Tuning Man

quote=DJ Nesta,13 Mar 2005, 15:25]
(and about Romania - Since end 2003 I am travelling to Romania regularly for work, and although I met in Bucharest with the classical "large city problems" - false policemen who stole my money during "passport control", pick-pockets.. - I am happy that I got to know this country and its people)

[/quote]

next time, give us a call, we will be glad to help you. this is not the real face of the romanians.

about the exhaust vibrations, klaus mounted a flexible element on the exhaust, after the cathalitic convertor. you may find it at any exhaust service.

as for the noise, we managed to do some minor adjustments: some insulating materials on the hood , some rubber-paint under the car... a very useful thing is to mount under the hood the thing that is used to seal the doors when they are closed (made out of rubber, it is called "cheder"). caution: only devices used for doors are good, maybe my coleagues will help u with that... initially, I mounted thisdevice to keep my hood clean, but then my friends noticed taht it reduces some noises. see the pictures to understand better.

see here what I meant with the dirt on the hood, and how that rubber thimg stops it.

next are the photos with what is the rubber thing and how to mount it.

http://www.daciaclub.ro/index.php?act=Atta...pe=post&id=6906

http://www.daciaclub.ro/index.php?act=Atta...pe=post&id=6905

http://www.daciaclub.ro/index.php?act=Atta...pe=post&id=6907

http://www.daciaclub.ro/index.php?act=Atta...pe=post&id=6908

This post has been edited by Dsign: 3 May 2005, 23:55

Attached thumbnail(s)
Picture_032.jpg ( Size: 461.03k ) Number of downloads: 240
Picture_033.jpg ( Size: 430.49k ) Number of downloads: 197
bord0024.JPG ( Size: 850.83k ) Number of downloads: 234

--------------------
D Logan 2004 Preference 1.6MPI Egee - B 48 CUP
http://youtu.be/OQ-ukXOBfI4
+
mccoy
post 4 May 2005, 16:50
Post #46

Membru autentic

In addition to noise problem... dry.gif

There is a plastic part or cover ( I dare prattle pp !) tightening each low external

corner of the windscreen.If pp hasn`t been produced or adjusted well it is able

to go slightly up & down making ticking,knocking sound,not so loud but annoying,

while touching the glass of the windscreen.Of course engine has to be turn on,

at 2500-3000 rpm and higher when vibrations become sufficient wacko.gif .

Right pp bothers me from the very beginning.I pulled it out, tried to

accommodate several times with no significant result.Finally put small piece

of rubber as a insulator which worked OK.But, after washing my car rubber

piece has “gone with water (wind)”.

No words for strengh of pistol – cenzurat excl.gif

Nowadays,I think silicone could be solution … cool.gif

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.6 - ...98-7.
-----------------------------
Divide et impera ... and unite in EU !
-----------------------------
+
bogdan_iuly
post 4 May 2005, 23:04
Post #47

Membru incepator

QUOTE(TheMask @ 13 Apr 2005, 16:03)
To me it sounds a little bit like a Diesel engine when it just started.

Press the clutch and you won't hear it. It is a common problem.

--------------------
Dacia Logan -
It's nice to be important, but
It's more important to be nice!
------------------------- Scooter
+
2 Pages < 1 2
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 23:44
Forum Renault