DaciaClub Logo

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Is the LOGAN produced entirely in Romania?, Tariff preference EUR 1???

D-Mark
post 27 Oct 2004, 15:51
Post #1

Membru incepator

Group: Members

Hi folks,
I`ve asked "Vocea Clientului" on this topic, but they have not yet answered, so I`m asking you, too... probably someone can help me.

Do you happen to know if the LOGAn is produced ENTIRELY in Romania and/or the European Union? Or are there pieces in the LOGAN imported from countries like Japan, Korea, Iran, Russia etc.?

The reason for my question is this: If the Logan is produced ENTIRELY in Romania or the EU, I can obtain a tariff preference (EUR 1), which means that, if I import the car on my own - and you, too, if you`re living in the EU - I donŽt have to pay the 10 % tariff. If the Logan, on the other hand, is NOT 100 % "made in Romania", the 10 % tariff is unavoidable.

I would be very happy if anyone could help me.

By the way:
If EUR 1 can be obtained - that is, if the LOGAN is 100 % made in Romania -, a Preference 1,4 would be 200 euro cheaper for me as a German than for you, since our VAT is lower than the Romanian one. It would be only 6100 euro for me! And it would probably be the cheapest and best option for a lot of other people outside Romania, too. Because one thing seems to be clear:
Outside Romania, the Logan is sold MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE and at the same time WITH CONSIDERABLY LESS (!!!!) EQUIPMENT!

One example:
The cheapest Logan in the Czech republic or Croatia (see Boris` info) is more than 500 euro more expensive than an Ambiance in Romania, and it lacks a lot of things which even the Ambiance in Romania has:
- It has no height-adjustable security belts
- It has no air recycling
- It has no central door locking system

--------------------
VW Polo - -
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
klaus
post 27 Oct 2004, 16:28
Post #2

步步

Group: Moderatori

Logan is assembled in Romania, with parts made in Romania or imported, not from Japan, Korea etc but from EU members countries, Turkey or Argentina.
I think Renault was clever enough to prevent those kind of taxes in EU.

I have attached a table with components manufacturers, and as you can see on third column, the only countries outside EU are Romania, Turkey and Argentina

Attached thumbnail(s)
producatori.jpg ( Size: 190.85k ) Number of downloads: 3060

--------------------
Scenic III 1.9 dCi - - - -
E mult mai bine să mă înșel din prea multă suspiciune decît din prea multă naivitate. - Cristoiu
+
sstanescu
post 27 Oct 2004, 16:35
Post #3

Membru autentic

As far as we know, most of the parts are now made in Romania. Some of them are just assembled here. Most of Renault's suppliers opened production facilities here. Personally, I cannot tell you if there is any single part manufactured outside EU.

But anyway, you need an official paper from Dacia Pitesti. To be honest, I guess you have to be prepared for some e-mails exchange, since Dacia cannot be happy with your solution and will try not to give you a straight answer. Push them, try to talk with somebody in-charge with exports.

Good luck!

Later Edit: Sorry, klaus posted a list with supliers which was made available before or during the launch of Logan. This can be up to date or not (but I believe at least the windows are still imported from Turkey)

--------------------
Dacia SupeRNova Clima - B-92-SLC
All warfare is based on deception. If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.
- Sun Tzu on the Art of War
+
klaus
post 27 Oct 2004, 16:39
Post #4

步步

If you are not too much in a hurry, you can wait until June –July 2005, when Logan is going to be commercialized in Germany

--------------------
Scenic III 1.9 dCi - - - -
E mult mai bine să mă înșel din prea multă suspiciune decît din prea multă naivitate. - Cristoiu
+
D-Mark
post 27 Oct 2004, 17:14
Post #5

Membru incepator

@klaus,
thank you very much! I`ll have to check if Turkey and Argentina also belong to the tariff preference group (Turkey does, I know, but Argentina?)

I know that Renault will commercialize the Logan in Germany, but at prices I couldn`t afford.

@sstanescu,
I can imagine... Yes, I`ll insist. Thanks for your good wishes!

I`ll keep you in touch with what they tell me.

--------------------
VW Polo - -
+
ursul-alb
post 27 Oct 2004, 17:57
Post #6

Membru autentic

QUOTE(D-Mark @ 27 Oct 2004, 17:14)
@klaus,
thank you very much! I`ll have to check if Turkey and Argentina also belong to the tariff preference group (Turkey does, I know, but Argentina?)

I know that Renault will commercialize the Logan in Germany, but at prices I couldn`t afford.

@sstanescu,
I can imagine... Yes, I`ll insist. Thanks for your good wishes!

I`ll keep you in touch with what they tell me.

In my opinion, Renault will try to get an EUR1 for Logan, in order to sell it in EU. This doesn't mean that NOW they meet all the condition for this, as long as they didn't plan to do that (selling in EU) earlier than mid-2005.

As already told, I expect a hard email work with Dacia tongue.gif

Good luck and keep in touch

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1,6 egee - IS XX xxx
+
asybo2002
post 28 Oct 2004, 08:53
Post #7

Membru autentic

As i see from the list attached by klaus from Argentina there is just one component imported so if you choose hydraulic(made in France) instead mechanic steering you can fit the EUR1profile.
Good bye

--------------------
DACIA Duster 4x4, 1.5 dCi 2010 Laureate - B
"Merge si asa" ... Drama sau inventivitate !?
+
Marty
post 29 Oct 2004, 15:01
Post #8

Membru cu privire de ansamblu

D-Mark, the country of origin of the car it is Romania, no matter if the steering column is imported from Botswana, seats form Burkina Faso and the seating belts from Nicaragua! The only thing that counts is the country where the car has been assembled. Usually, the cars exported in Croatia or Czech Republic, they are provided with an Origin Certificate which is to ease your Customs clearing procedures for tax exemption. Based on that certificate, you get the tax exemption stated in the Customs documents as per your country's rules and regulations. If you will come to Romania and buy the car from a dealer or even directly from Dacia (which I really doubt it), nobody will give you that certificate so you won't be excepted from taxes.

--------------------
Gillette De unica folosinta 2011 - B 999 NAM
Mindru absolvent de grup scolar.
+
D-Mark
post 29 Oct 2004, 18:47
Post #9

Membru incepator

@Marty,
it`s not only the assemblage that counts.

And I`ll sure be fighting for that certificate. At least the dealer might be interested in selling that car, so why should he not provide me with the certificate in question? I`ve contacted some already. I`ll post a brief summary of the results here when I`ve got some ;-)

--------------------
VW Polo - -
+
D-Mark
post 1 Nov 2004, 13:32
Post #10

Membru incepator

OK, vocea clientului has answered. Or rather, they`ve sent me a mail, but haven`t answered to the question. Instead, they`ve told me what I already knew - that they`ll sell the car in Germany next year.

I`ll try again. I`ve also contacted a dealer in Focsani (where my cousins live). If anyone has e-mail addresses of Dacia dealers either in Bucharest or in Focsani (or generally in Vrancea) whom you trust a bit, IŽd be very thankful.

--------------------
VW Polo - -
+
asybo2002
post 1 Nov 2004, 13:55
Post #11

Membru autentic

QUOTE(D-Mark @ 1 Nov 2004, 14:32)
OK, vocea clientului has answered. Or rather, they`ve sent me a mail, but haven`t answered to the question. Instead, they`ve told me what I already knew - that they`ll sell the car in Germany next year.

I`ll try again. I`ve also contacted a dealer in Focsani (where my cousins live). If anyone has e-mail addresses of Dacia dealers either in Bucharest or in Focsani (or generally in Vrancea) whom you trust a bit, IŽd be very thankful.

In short time i'll might be in a position of helping you but in Bucharest...pls give me more details on my mail address...

--------------------
DACIA Duster 4x4, 1.5 dCi 2010 Laureate - B
"Merge si asa" ... Drama sau inventivitate !?
+
Bogdan_F
post 2 Nov 2004, 22:27
Post #12

Membru autentic

I think Dacia , in fact I'm almost sure, that Dacia will get that certificate, since the car is not assembled in SKD or CKD kits in Romania but it built by ground.

For a car assembled in CKD / SKD kits tax do apply (Ex: Hyundai Accent is assembled in Turkey, but we still have to pay taxes as it would come from Korea).

--------------------
Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi 2006
+
D-Mark
post 3 Nov 2004, 02:22
Post #13

Membru incepator

@bogdan,
that sounds like good news. But what exactly are these kits? ;-)

--------------------
VW Polo - -
+
nitz
post 3 Nov 2004, 09:27
Post #14

Membru incepator

QUOTE(D-Mark @ 3 Nov 2004, 02:22)
@bogdan,
that sounds like good news. But what exactly are these kits? ;-)

As far as I know...

CKD = Component Knocked Down (i.e. for assembly elsewhere)

These are kit cars - shipped as a complete collection of spare parts (engine, seats, already painted doors) and assembled in a different country.

SKD = Semi-Knocked Down

These are almost completed cars; the final assembly includes only mounting things like interior fittings, seats, dashboard and tires.

I still think that car manufacturers must have some tax incentives to provide CKD/SKD collections. Why would they bother to build a factory otherwise? Shipping cars by boat/trailer is usually cheaper.

--------------------
Renault Clio - alb murdar
+
Bogdan_F
post 4 Nov 2004, 14:35
Post #15

Membru autentic

I think the major benefits of SKD / CKD manufacturing procedure are:
1. You need substancially lower investments in the country where these kits are assembled
2. Usually this assembly process requires a lot of manual work (e.g. mounting the interior ulphostery, audio and all the optional equipment) and you can take advantage of the low labour costs
3. You can increase productivity building only SKD/CDK kits, using mainly robots
4. You can increase the delivery speed by mounting all the finishing and optional equipment in a closer location (imagine how would be to order a fully customised Hyundai from Korea rather to Turkey - I'll bet the delivery time for the koreean car will be double).

please note that Dacia intends to supply SKD kits to Iran, Morrocco and other countries where logan will be "manufactured"

--------------------
Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi 2006
+
vv
post 4 Nov 2004, 16:12
Post #16

dilbert.com

Correction - AFAIK Logan will be manufactured (from zero) in Romania and Iran. In all other countries (Russia, Morrocco ,...) it will be assembled from SKD kits.

--------------------
Renault Grand Scenic 2008 - B.00.XXX
It is final proof of god's omnipotence that he needs not exist in order to save us.
+
Ake
post 4 Nov 2004, 20:19
Post #17

Morderator

QUOTE(D-Mark @ 1 Nov 2004, 13:32)

follow this links for sima-beyer dealear in Focsani
http://www.dacia.ro/eKontentDaciaFiles/hom...eyer/index.html
http://www.renault.ro/ro/concesionari/conc...talii.php?ID=10
or direct at
http://www.simabeyer.ro/

--------------------
(si) Dacia Logan Laur.1.4
"Desteapta-te Romane! Traiasca capra vecinului! "
(citat dintr-un sticker auto)
+
D-Mark
post 5 Nov 2004, 00:36
Post #18

Membru incepator

Thx, Ake!!!

--------------------
VW Polo - -
+
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 17:18
Forum Renault