Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> When you are an idiot, things happen

Boris
post 5 May 2007, 18:54
Post #1

Croatian member

Group: Members

Unfortunately two of the idiots participating in the "I have a big d..." Gumball race killed a man in Macedonia. After the accident they left leaving the dead man's wife injured.

Great guys, I wish they where my son in laws! What's unbelievable is that they are facing a one year sentence! They should get more, because that plain irresponsible and they knew the risk!!!!

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.6 2005 + LPG Landi Renzo sequent
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
Amedeus
post 5 May 2007, 19:32
Post #2

Membru cu Logan

Gumball2007Team72crash.jpg ( Size: 48.9k ) Number of downloads: 208

sad.gif

--------------------
Renault Megane Sedan IV Tce 116 2019 Business
+
raqzvan
post 7 May 2007, 00:28
Post #3

gute Laune war Trumpf

From www.gumball3000.com ...
Gumball 3000 is very saddened to announce a road accident which occurred yesterday, May 2nd, involving a participating vehicle and a local vehicle in Macedonia. Exact details are still filtering through, but below are the facts as of midday May 3rd 2007 issued by the Macedonian authorities.

An adult Macedonian male aged 67 died in hospital from a heart attack following the incident where the two cars collided. The participants in the rally were held in custody last night with a preliminary court judgement expected today.

Organisers of the rally would like to express its deepest condolences to the family of the victim for this tragic accident.

Maximillion Cooper, founder of the Rally says: "It is with extreme sadness I have to make an announcement of this nature in the events nine year history. The event is organised with each local authorities support and permission, and drivers are under strict stipulation to abide by the laws and road regulations of the country they are driving through. It is extremely sad for this unfortunate accident to have occurred. I am informed that the incident was reported immediately by the drivers. Both drivers are extremely traumatised by this occurrence."

Issued by Maximillion Cooper on behalf of The Gumball 3000 Rally - 21.30 / 03 May 2007

Following our earlier release reporting yesterday’s accident - As a sign of respect we have decided that this year's Gumball 3000 Rally will not travel any further and will end in Bratislava this evening, May 3rd 2007.

As the organisers of the rally we feel that it should be stopped as a mark of respect to Vladimir Cepulyoski who died today after an accident involving one the participating drivers.

We are very saddened by what has happened and feel that it would be wrong to continue. On behalf of Gumball 3000, we once again extend our deepest sympathies to his family and we are doing everything we can for them.

This is the first time anything like this has happened in 9 years of travelling through over 40 countries with 1000's of drivers and it is with deep regret that I make this announcement.

Maximillion Cooper
Founder & CEO

Maximillion Cooper and the organisers of the Gumball 3000 Rally would like to reiterate their sadness regarding the tragic accident that occurred on Wednesday 2nd May in Macedonia involving a participating car and a local vehicle.

The organisers wish to confirm that the facts of the incident were not withheld from the participants; as soon as the Macedonian Authorities confirmed clear details of events and confirmation of the fatality that occurred several hours after the accident on Thursday 3rd May the organisers cancelled the event without hesitation and issued an official statement at the earliest possible time.

The organisers are disappointed at rally participants Mr. A. Roy and Mr. M. Ross’s blatant self promotion at a time when all efforts are being made by Gumball 3000 to manage this difficult situation.

The press release issued today by Mr. Roy and Mr. Ross promoting themselves as 'winners' of the event is misleading and Gumball 3000 wishes to make it clear that there is no recognition for finishing first and no ‘winner’ is recorded.

Maximillion Cooper and his team are further saddened at their request for the organiser’s resignation and their complaints about the 'professionalism' of other participants.

“As the organiser and founder of the event I feel the timing of this press release to be in particular bad taste. The selection process of participants is designed to be fair and without discrimination. In the events 9-year history over 6 million road miles have been driven by 2000 participating cars without any previous accidents of this nature; proof alone that I and the rest of the organisers do everything within our power to ensure safety during the Rally. In the future we will work even more closely with the authorities in each country the event travels through to ensure the safety and success of the event moving forward.”

Gumball organisers are in close communication with the Macedonian authorities and are doing all they can to assist the family in any way at this time.

The entry fee for Gumball3000 is 28k pounds and they drove a Porsche, so it's safe to asume those idiots have money to burn. They will probablly hire a good lawyer and get away whitout any prison time. If they get one year... I think one year of "man-love" in a Macedonian prison is punishment enough.

This post has been edited by raqzvan: 7 May 2007, 03:31

--------------------
Geely Logan Laureate 1.6MPI 2006
Austin Powers: Allow myself to introduce... myself.
+
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 13:58
Forum Renault