DaciaClub Logo

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages « < 3 4 5 
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Croatia (English only), DO NOT answer in Romanian in this topic!

adi_stezar
post 30 Jun 2008, 09:06
Post #121

Membru incepator

Group: Members

Hi Boris, can you make me a suggestion also? I plan to visit Croatia next week and it is my first visit there. From what I’ve read there are millions of nice places to visit but I’m interested only in 7 days of rest, relaxation, sun bathing and swimming. Can you make a suggestion please, also if is possible not very crowded, I’m trying to get away from Romanian beaches where there is one tourist for every square meter of beach sad.gif .

Thanks,
Adrian.

This post has been edited by adi_stezar: 30 Jun 2008, 10:18

--------------------
BMW Seria 3 2006 e90 320d 163cp
Dacia Logan 2005 Laureate 1.4MPI 75cp
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
Boris
post 1 Jul 2008, 22:55
Post #122

Croatian member

I'll try tomorrow to make a reasonable suggestion. Just got back from a 7 day trip.

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.6 2005 + LPG Landi Renzo sequent
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
+
atupi
post 2 Jul 2008, 15:40
Post #123

Membru incepator

Hi Boris! can you tell me please how many hours i need to drive from Dubrovnik to Rijeka?
Do you have any idea about road quality and conditions fron BIH (Belgrade-Sarajevo-Mostar). I'm coming from Romania and i plan to drive from Romania/Serbia border to Trogir area in one day (12 hours driving).
At the end of july do you think i can find apartments on place or i should reserve something from Romania? Thank you !

--------------------
Ford Ford Fiesta 1,4Tdci 2005 - B-xx-BIU
+
cetatzeanu
post 2 Jul 2008, 17:08
Post #124

Membru

you can easily find a accomodations using internet; for every pocket.
it`s the way i did.

--------------------
solenza confort AC --------- - ----------
ghinion de nesansa, suntem romani.
+
Boris
post 2 Jul 2008, 18:51
Post #125

Croatian member

QUOTE(atupi @ 2 Jul 2008, 14:40)
Hi Boris! can you tell me please how many hours i need to drive from Dubrovnik to Rijeka?
Do you have any idea about road quality and conditions fron BIH (Belgrade-Sarajevo-Mostar). I'm coming from Romania and i plan to drive from Romania/Serbia border to Trogir area in one day (12 hours driving).
At the end of july do you think i can find apartments on place or i should reserve something from Romania? Thank you !

Rijeka-Dubrovnik is cca 610 km, the time varies a lot depending on the traffic. Since it is the tourist season you will need at least 9 hours.

The road from Sarajevo to Mostar and down to Croatia is OK, not very good, but allso not very bad. The rest I don't know.

As for the accommodation you can find on the net a lot places, much more than I know. And I know only a few because I have my own house.

3 Jul 2008, 06:53:
QUOTE(adi_stezar @ 30 Jun 2008, 08:06)
Hi Boris, can you make me a suggestion also? I plan to visit Croatia next week and it is my first visit there. From what I’ve read there are millions of nice places to visit but I’m interested only in 7 days of rest, relaxation, sun bathing and swimming. Can you make a suggestion please, also if is possible not very crowded, I’m trying to get away from Romanian beaches where there is one tourist for every square meter of beach  sad.gif .

Thanks,
Adrian.

Well it's very hard to make such a recommendation during the summer, but the high season is just starting so you are OK regarding the worst crowds.

What did you have in mind? The north part of the coast, the south or the islands?

Try any small place (village). Avoid small or big towns on the coast, like Crikvenica, Opatija, Zadar, ©ibenik, Split,.... they are more crowded. My recommendation is to go as far south as possible.

This post has been edited by Boris: 3 Jul 2008, 07:53

--------------------
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
+
adi_stezar
post 4 Jul 2008, 11:56
Post #126

Membru incepator

Thanks Boris, I was thinking to go somewhere in the middle, Nin maybe, what do you think, how is Nin? I choused that because of its sandy beaches, but I presume it might be crowded just because of that, also is quite close to Zadar. Anyway we go by car so we can travel few km to find the best places around there. Can you recommend some villages around that area were we can easily find accommodations?

Thanks,
Adrian.

--------------------
+
Boris
post 7 Jul 2008, 07:38
Post #127

Croatian member

Well you must know that it is very hard to find a place without a crowd in the season. I have never been to Nin, but I've heard it's very beautiful.

--------------------
+
vv
post 10 Jul 2008, 12:11
Post #128

dilbert.com

If you search for sandy beaches & less crowd, you may try island of Pag too (I'm not 100% sure about the 'less crowd' though... but I do have the impression that there are less tourists in the islands; but since this particular island has a bridge to connect it with the mainland, this may not be true smile.gif ).

This post has been edited by vv: 10 Jul 2008, 12:11

--------------------
Renault Grand Scenic 2008 - B.00.XXX
It is final proof of god's omnipotence that he needs not exist in order to save us.
+
adi_stezar
post 21 Jul 2008, 14:25
Post #129

Membru incepator

Hi, just came back from Nin, very beautiful place, nice sandy beach not very crowded and quiet (no clubs and everything is closing at 12.00 AM), exactly what we wanted so from my opinion was the perfect choice. I will not write too many words to describe it because it will take me pages to do that, I will say just that I enjoyed my vacation very much, Croatia is very beautiful and a good place to spend the holidays. We didn’t have any reservation and we found there private accommodations in around 20 min from our arrival (a room with bathroom and a terrace, 10 meters from the see biggrin.gif ) so we can say that finding accommodations are not a problem smile.gif . The price for the room was quite ok 25 euro and the hosts were surprisingly nice. I can say that they treated us more like family than guests biggrin.gif. The only thing that bothered me a little bit was the prices; we were taken a little bit by surprise, everything was 50% to 100% more expensive than in Romania (usually food in restaurants and supermarket). If you are Coca-Cola or Beer drinker bring from home if you can, the price for them in a supermarket (we looked in more than one supermarket) are at least double if not more. Also the highway is quite expensive but that we expected biggrin.gif. On return we skipped the highway for about 200km to visit some places around and I can say that the national roads are very good also and I certainly recommend them if you are not in a big hurry. Not only because you save some money but also you can see very nice places. We stopped at a very nice waterfall along the way that we certainly couldn’t see from the highway smile.gif . As a conclusion Croatia is a very beautiful country and we will certainly visit it again soon.

Adrian

--------------------
+
vv
post 21 Jul 2008, 14:44
Post #130

dilbert.com

Maybe Boris can confirm here - I heard that in Croatia they added a "recycling tax" and that you pay a lot for the plastic bottles - but if you return them to the store, you will get your money back. This is the reason why Coca Cola & co. seems to be so much more expensive than it is in Romania.

Boris - is this true? smile.gif

--------------------
It is final proof of god's omnipotence that he needs not exist in order to save us.
+
Boris
post 21 Jul 2008, 18:53
Post #131

Croatian member

QUOTE(adi_stezar @ 21 Jul 2008, 13:25)
As a conclusion Croatia is a very beautiful country and we will certainly visit it again soon.

Adrian

Very glad you had a good time on you vacation, and glad to hear that you will be coming back.

As for the prices, well what to say, I didn't know that they were that high. Believe me, the the food and drink prices in restaurants are great compared to Italy or Spain. I've just been there two times so I know. But I agree with you that they could be lower, specially if we are talking about bars and restaurants at the seaside during the season. But it like that everywhere, just been in Prague recently and the price of beer in the center is four times the price outside the center.

QUOTE(vv @ 21 Jul 2008, 13:44)
Maybe Boris can confirm here - I heard that in Croatia they added a "recycling tax" and that you pay a lot for the plastic bottles - but if you return them to the store, you will get your money back. This is the reason why Coca Cola & co. seems to be so much more expensive than it is in Romania.

Boris - is this true? smile.gif

The recycling tax is just 6 Euro cents per bottle.

--------------------
+
vv
post 21 Jul 2008, 22:53
Post #132

dilbert.com

Good to know. I thought it was more.

BTW, I found a cool pirce comparator
Croatia vs Romania vs. Spain

From here, it would seem that Croatia is roughly "on par" with Spain. From my experience, Spain is a little bit more expensive than Slovenia, which is probably a little bit more expensive (but similar) than Croatia.
Hopefully I'll come back next year in Croatia to check how those prices have evolved biggrin.gif

[l.e.] my mistake, initially I selected the price in Spain in pounds instead of euro. It is not "on par" with Croatia, it is 50% more expensive...

This post has been edited by vv: 21 Jul 2008, 23:03

--------------------
+
mirauta
post 29 Jul 2008, 09:27
Post #133

Membru incepator

@adi_stezar

Adrian. I am searching for accomodation on an Island in Croatia and the place you just mentioned is perfect
Do you, by any chance, have some contact data of people from that island ( from the pension you stayed) .
It would help me a lot!!
Thanks,
Bogdan

29 Jul 2008, 10:37:
Hello Boris or anybody

Can you give me some contact data from a villa on an island in Croatia?
I did search on the internet but didn't find my dream "vacation house". I am a little restricted by my budged ( so no accomodation above 40 euro/ double room).

Also. I am planning to take my bikes & inflatable boat .
Is Croatia a bike friendly country? are you allowed to go by bike on national roads?
Am I allowed to use my boat ( it's an inflatable small 3 persons boat)

Thanks,
Bogdan

This post has been edited by mirauta: 29 Jul 2008, 09:37

--------------------
Daewoo Matiz 2004 - B72VRW
+
cetatzeanu
post 29 Jul 2008, 09:57
Post #134

Membru

Boris;

We just came back home from vacation in Dubrovnik.
I sincerely envy you; Croatia is a superb country !!

--------------------
solenza confort AC --------- - ----------
ghinion de nesansa, suntem romani.
+
adi_stezar
post 1 Aug 2008, 12:33
Post #135

Membru incepator

QUOTE(mirauta @ 29 Jul 2008, 09:27)
@adi_stezar
Adrian. I am searching for accomodation on an Island in Croatia and the place you just mentioned is perfect
Do you, by any chance, have some contact data of people from that island ( from the pension you stayed) .
It would help me a lot!!
Thanks,
Bogdan

I can give (on private not to make advertising on the site) you the contacts, I got a business card from them, I haven’t checked the phone if is ok, I found accommodation there on the spot. The only problem is that they don’t speak English at all so if you want to make reservations find someone who speaks Deutsch, they speak Deutsch very well, I think we were the only non Deutsch tourists in they’re house smile.gif.

Regarding the boat and bikes, yes you are allowed to use them; lots of tourist had them there. In front of the house we stayed was a doc for this and loading ramps. They brought there small boats to even small yachts so I’m sure all is ok.

I hope you will find your dream house but from my experience I can say that even if you don’t make reservations you will find a free room on the spot, just make sure you plan your trip in such a way that you arrive well before sunset (we arrived there at 17.40). As a suggestion if you don’t find reservation, when you arrive there, go directly to the tourist info office in the town and they can tell you what pensions have rooms available. I think all towns along the coast have tourist info…

I hope you have a nice vacation!
Adrian

--------------------
+
Boris
post 1 Aug 2008, 12:51
Post #136

Croatian member

QUOTE(cetatzeanu @ 29 Jul 2008, 08:57)
Boris;

We just came back home from vacation in Dubrovnik.
I sincerely envy you; Croatia is a superb country !!

biggrin.gif

It's really nice to hear that.

--------------------
+
vv
post 2 Jul 2009, 13:11
Post #137

dilbert.com

Boris - I just returned from Croatia, and I found Split much nicer this time smile.gif
I went to Mljet also this time, but only for a day with the ferry... not enough, by far. It's a very nice&preaceful place, but to understand anything from it, I feel that at the very least you have to stay overnight. We'll try to return there for a longer time smile.gif
Also, we went again at Zadar, the idea with the sea-powered organ is a very nice idea.

We'll probably come back next year too - we plan a week in Istria followed by one in Austria.

--------------------
+
5 Pages « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 15:11
Forum Renault