Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> WHY DID YOU BUY A DACIA LOGAN?

prody
post 3 Aug 2006, 18:11
Post #31

membru iradiat

Group: Members

Well, we don't know for sure what is the advantage of Renault from the selling of one Dacia Logan. There are some taxes here, plus the internal costs, maybe the profit of one Logan sold is like 500 euros for Renault.
My car is "empty", but the essential parts are the same with those of the Laureate model, so...i still think is a very good price for a new car. And here, if you know the right people you can always upgrade your car later, with a smaller amount of money invested.

--------------------
Mazda 3 2011 TX
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
driverx
post 3 Aug 2006, 18:19
Post #32

--- Membru cu ralanti ---

QUOTE(f39sor @ 3 Aug 2006, 09:06)
You forgot to say that your car is ...... empty. It has just one airbag.
No AC, no ABS, no airbag for passenger, no (board) computer, no assistance steering, no ......., no ........ no ............ etc.

Yes. Indeed. You are correct. BUT....

QUOTE(f39sor @ 3 Aug 2006, 09:06)
...The real price of the Dacia Logan Ambiance (in Romania) is 3500, maximum 4000 euros (I mean the production costs). The rest of the money, to 6280 euros, is the Renault advantage.

..you're so wrong. Ins't that available for any other car? The production cost is much smaller than the retail price. 6280 - 4000 = 2280 E which you say that it is the Renault advantage. But there are taxes to pay, profit to make, etc. Tell me any other car which has an appropiate price for a similar amount of options (and not super minis).

This post has been edited by driverx: 3 Aug 2006, 18:20

--------------------
Mitsubishi Lancer 2008
Univega Alpina HT-LTD Disc Deore 2011
+
sorin_f39
post 3 Aug 2006, 21:01
Post #33

Ferrari fan

If I know well, Renault do not pay any taxes in Romania for a period of 5 years. So, that diference (4000 euro for Ambiance) is the Renault profit. But I'm not criticising this. I consider that is something normal to try to earn money (profit). It was just an observation.
My point is, that is a big price for a car which have only one airbag and (this is available for all the Logan models), 75% of the materials used on Logan are recycled.

@prody:
"My car is "empty", but the essential parts are the same with those of the Laureate model" - what do you exactly want to say?

From my point of view you can not compare Ambiance with Laureate.

--------------------
Renault Megane 2.2 Bicorp Dynamique 1.6 16V (2007) - GL
I'm the freedom man / That's how lucky I am.
+
prody
post 4 Aug 2006, 22:29
Post #34

membru iradiat

QUOTE(f39sor @ 3 Aug 2006, 22:01)
@prody:
"My car is "empty", but the essential parts are the same with those of the Laureate model"  -  what do you exactly want to say?

From my point of view you can not compare Ambiance with Laureate.

I really don't understand you: what do you think, Ambiance has different mechanics?
Well, what can i say: you cannot compare Ambiance with Laureate regarding the optionals, but both cars have the same dynamical properties, actually, in theory, Ambiance must be a bit faster than Laureate 1.4,... it has a smaller weight and it does not have power steering and A.C., so the engine must feel himself relieved tongue.gif

--------------------
Mazda 3 2011 TX
+
martin245
post 4 Aug 2006, 23:34
Post #35

EX PAT

what you say makes sense , less weight more speed
stu

--------------------
dacia logan 14 mpi Simply RED 2007 - GB 1
Bessy Regs
+
Kits
post 11 Mar 2007, 14:38
Post #36

Membru

on topic
I bought it because I wanted a NEW car. it was (it still is) a cheap car, and it offers many things that modern cars have. I ordered it before it was fisically known to the public because I got to see it and I really liked its design. besides, it is very good for damaged streets having a good clearance from the ground, it is cheaper than a foreign car for the insurance companies in Romania and it's cheap to service and maintain, all these things having to be considered when purchasing a car. it proved to be a good choice which I'm very happy for.

--------------------
VW Golf VI 1.4 TSI 122 ponei
+
Asi
post 14 Mar 2007, 20:00
Post #37

Camaro SS

to answer the question... I DIDN'T !!!

--------------------
Mitsubishi/Mercedes Carisma/B-class 2003 1.9 DI-D/2007 200CDI - B 79 ASI/Bxxx
"Cei care au puterea de a constrange n-au nevoie sa recurga la judeacata" (Thucydides, 1, 77, 2)
+
martin245
post 14 Mar 2007, 20:08
Post #38

EX PAT

Then that is your Problem ! radmasa.gif You can still get one though biggrin.gif
Stu

This post has been edited by martin245: 14 Mar 2007, 20:08

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
g100sic
post 14 Mar 2007, 23:09
Post #39

Membru autentic

Well, I don’t know about you people, but why did I…;)

First of all, I wanted a NEW car! biggrin.gif But…
- MBR EOS 3 was too expensive, plus - I have 2 kids (not that I could persuade my wife to sit in this one, though biggrin.gif);
- Maybach, I don’t like that bulky design, as well as Rolls Royce’s and Bentley’s
- BMW 545 was to expensive;
- Ferrari 599, I couldn’t wait to climb up the delivery waiting list, I wanted a car immediately;
- Hummer was too big, plus - burns too much fuel!
- Mercedes is a girly cars manufacturer;
- BMW 320 was too expensive too;
- Any model from Zastava (except Zastava 10 alias Fiat Punto), after owning a couple of used ones, I was too afraid to buy yet another, not even new biggrin.gif;
- Any model from VW, I boycott, they are not Volks Wagen any more, plus – Golf has too hard front suspension, plus - I couldn’t afford one;
- Skoda Fabia is ugly;
- Citroen C4 would be ideal, but was out of my price range too;
- So was Peugeot 307;
- So was Renault Megane;
- So was Opel Astra;
- Seat Leon looks so good, but VW owns Seat, so it was under boycott too;
- Fiat Grande Punto was sooooo cute, but it’s trunk is too small, plus – front visibility is poor, and it’s electrical servo steering feels like in a computer game;
- Mini was too small;
- Chevrolet Aveo had worse equipment package then Logan;
- Smart, because I can’t afford having a 2nd car… well, maybe if it was some 10-20 times cheaper wink.gif;
- Toyota Yaris, too small for my needs, plus – too expensive;

Finally, the choice came down to Dacia Logan and Renault Thalia, but Thalia was uglier, less comfortable, and more expensive! biggrin.gif

And there I have it… and I like it biggrin.gif

--------------------
Ford Fiesta 1.4 (96 HP) 2010 / Trend (Flex Pack 11)
Never argue with a fool -- people might not notice the difference! (Murphy's First Law of Debate)
+
Aleksandar
post 16 Mar 2007, 10:27
Post #40

Membru incepator

Bought beacuse I liked it. Simple as that.

--------------------
Dacia Logan 1.4MPI Laureate 2006, Aegean Blue
+
taco
post 16 Mar 2007, 21:59
Post #41

Saving for a Logan Hatchback Diesel

If I finally buy one it will be because:

1.- It's a disguised Renault car, Renault technology, Renault quality standards...and Dacia price smile.gif
2.- It's a reliable car - all tests were made on Megane I, Clio II and Modus biggrin.gif
3.- If it turns out not to be realiable, it has a 100.000 km / 3 years warranty in Spain ( better than any "western" carmaker, including Renault itself )
4.- Last but not least, gearbox and diesel engine are made in Spain radmasa.gif

And because it's a different nice car, what the hell tongue.gif

--------------------
citroen saxo 1.5 D
+
Asi
post 18 Mar 2007, 19:58
Post #42

Camaro SS

- Any model from Zastava (except Zastava 10 alias Fiat Punto), after owning a couple of used ones, I was too afraid to buy yet another, not even new ;

this is the exact same reason i didn't want a dacia.. not even logan.. after i ran with dacia 1310, nova, supernova, liberta, and even solenza wicjh i kept it 3 years.. and it wasn't reliable.. though it was good for my needs but had a lot of tiny annoyng problems.. so i try to stay out of the range from dacia.. it's ok at first look but still have a lot of minus technology..
and solenza have the same engeine and the same gearbox with reanult clio and logan 1.4 .. but from my gerbox leaked oil on the highway, the shock absorbers leack oil, from the powersteering pump leaked oil, and lots of time the speed sensor placed on the opening above the clutch was growing dirt on it and it woulden't start the engeine unless i clean it, and after 30000km my clutch was a gonner,, had to be replaced, locking-unlocking electric motors for the doors were droping after about 10000km and had to be replaced... and lots of other tiny problems..

that way i dont want dacia anymore.

at my mitsubishi in 1 year i changed one light-bulb and a rubber thingy placed at the end of anti-roll bar.. (i don't know how to call it).

--------------------
"Cei care au puterea de a constrange n-au nevoie sa recurga la judeacata" (Thucydides, 1, 77, 2)
+
g100sic
post 19 Mar 2007, 00:19
Post #43

Membru autentic

NOW he tells us all this....... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Never argue with a fool -- people might not notice the difference! (Murphy's First Law of Debate)
+
g100sic
post 19 Mar 2007, 00:42
Post #44

Membru autentic

Asi, did you notice that I excluded Zastava 10?! wink.gif biggrin.gif

All those previous models were made under the old style management, and I strongly believe that it counts! Workers only work the way they are told to, otherwise the word "organization" doesn’t mean a damn thing!

I heard people here complaining on previous Dacia models also, and I asked around about Logan before I gave up my money (I don't have it enough for wasting), and I didn't hear any complaints.

--------------------
+
g100sic
post 19 Mar 2007, 00:58
Post #45

Membru autentic

In fact, believe me or not, but the very first question I asked my friend who owns a Logan for nearly 2 years was "What can you complain about?"... When he said "Nothing!", then we continued with things he likes, and I was "sold"! smile.gif

Don’t misunderstand me, I don't mean to be a bigger Romanian than you Romanians, but, hey, people, you are the EU now! biggrin.gif

And Asi, if you don't like your Dacia, I can only recommend you to try Zastava! biggrin.gif radmasa.gif

--------------------
+
sorin_f39
post 19 Mar 2007, 14:09
Post #46

Ferrari fan

QUOTE(taco @ 16 Mar 2007, 21:59)
If I finally buy one it will be because:

1.- It's a .... Renault quality standards ........ 

I don't think so.........

--------------------
Renault Megane 2.2 Bicorp Dynamique 1.6 16V (2007) - GL
I'm the freedom man / That's how lucky I am.
+
Asi
post 19 Mar 2007, 14:34
Post #47

Camaro SS

if the problems on elder models of dacia.. were like the engeine sounds funny, the carburator is cloghing, the fan belt was breaking or slipping, or spitting oil from the engeine , or other major problems ..

for newer dacia.. renalut-based dacia, wich started from supernova, solenza and now logan, problems are of other kind.. not the motor.. but those general problems.. like the motor is underpowerd, it consume gas quite more than other cars in same class (how much does a 1.4liter engeine from an opel corsa, or astra if they have consume? lot less 4-5L/100km extraurban), general noises over bumps, sqeakings an other noises wich come from the lack of qualiti in some parts.. and for the paint and body.. it almost no quality.. paint is chiping (at logan too i have lots of friend with logan) and the body is made from very light sheet of steel.. not galvanised.. no anticorosiv protection but a paint(low quality and done with minimum amount of paint.. for reducing costs)
in the matter of quality for materials it is not much difference between solenza and logan, as for technology also (same motor, same gearbox, almost the same steering mechanism etc.. the are lots of part taken from solenza into logan, as well lots of part were taken from renault and put in solenza.

--------------------
+
g100sic
post 20 Mar 2007, 17:07
Post #48

Membru autentic

Then probably Dacia has 2 production lines, one for domestic market and another for export! biggrin.gif

This might sound like a joke, but it is not so far beyond comprehension, and many factories follow this practice, but not a single one would admit that they have such a policy.

As you can see for yourself, there are very few complaints from abroad!

--------------------
+
g100sic
post 20 Mar 2007, 17:23
Post #49

Membru autentic

The engine is not underpowered, not even 1.4 l, 70 bhp is not little. It performs quite well at speeds under 120 km/h. You cannot compare Corsa and other small cars to Logan, which is fairly big (but light still). So, when a weight becomes less of a factor then aero-dynamical drag, 1.4 l engine starts showing not that it is underpowered, but that is not an optimal match for a car of that size. But it is an intentional compromise which many people accept.

--------------------
+
martin245
post 20 Mar 2007, 20:00
Post #50

EX PAT

The 14mpi engine is definatly not underpowered it has a very good gear box that pulls well in the lower revs Ok the first gear is a bit harsh but I have also found this has got better after 13000 km
In fact the whole car now is a lot more agile than when I bought it
This comes from running in the car properly and not thrashing the balls off it in its early life
Stu

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
CriSTI68
post 20 Mar 2007, 21:58
Post #51

Membru Valvos

for me the best is 1310 from 1998 tongue.gif my next car is an Cielo Executive 2007 i`m waiting for it wub.gif

--------------------
Dacia Logan 2008 Prestige 1.6 16V 105 Ponei Putere - EDH
Renault Clio 3 - 2008 1.5 dci
+
Asi
post 21 Mar 2007, 00:41
Post #52

Camaro SS

1.4 not underpowered?
i think it is. 1.4L and it has 75HP, ok. the weight? about 1-1.2tons
power-weight ratio is: 75/1100kg=0.06HP/kg .. quite small.. and if we add the torqe wich is insignifiant about 130Nm (i don't know for sure)... it is a bit underpowerd. and we didn't even get into details such as Cx aerodinamic friction drag resistance.. i don't know how to call it

let's see another car: laguna 122hp 1.3tons, mercedes c200 160hp 1.7tons, my car mitsubishi 130hp 1.4tons (and 350Nm - diesel ), A4 150hp 1.4tons, dacia solenza 75hp 0.8tons, dacia nova GTT 100hp 0.75tons, mitsubishi colt 1.5 95HP >1ton, formula1 2liter about 1000HP, around 500-600kg - this is optimal of course.. I'd wish blush.gif

where is my error? yes i know some of the cars mentioned above are not in the same price range.. but dacia logan should not be much different from those at the engeine... the differences should be only in luxury, brand name, a better paint, a new desingn, a lot of gadgets.. etc.

This post has been edited by Asi: 21 Mar 2007, 00:44

--------------------
+
martin245
post 21 Mar 2007, 08:56
Post #53

EX PAT

What a load of drap you write ! tongue.gif

i don't know how to call it

(i don't know for sure)...
What do you know??

You sure are giving the rest of us a good Laugh
and Which car do you drive??............. Oh Yes a Bishy
Stu

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
daciafreak
post 21 Mar 2007, 10:39
Post #54

Membru incepator

Oh my God!! Asi is driving a 2003 Carisma from mitsubishi build by Nedcar ( former DAF-factory) in the Netherlands. I thought it is well known over Europe that the Dutch can not build a propper car since the release of the DAF Variomatic..
And that was long ago.Why do you think that Daimlers stopped the production of the smart four-four at Nedcar?? Asi, let me give you a good advise: By a brandnew Logan ( sedan is the best) before your Dutch car will collapse.

Best regards, Daciafreak

--------------------
dacia logan 1.4 laureate+a.c. 2-2007
+
martin245
post 21 Mar 2007, 20:27
Post #55

EX PAT

Daciafreak you have made my day biggrin.gif But Asi will not understand you!! blush.gif
He would love to buy a Dacia!!! excl.gif but is still paying for his Bishy sofer2.gif
Stu

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
daciafreak
post 22 Mar 2007, 08:38
Post #56

Membru incepator

Stu, what happened to your car?? It could be a problem with my computer, but it seems awfull flat and streched-out !!! Were you run over by a hurd of Elephants??
Daciafreak

--------------------
dacia logan 1.4 laureate+a.c. 2-2007
+
martin245
post 22 Mar 2007, 19:15
Post #57

EX PAT

dont know mate looks bloody awful though
Stu

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
martin245
post 22 Mar 2007, 22:21
Post #58

EX PAT

GOT A NEW ONE NOW yahhoooo
Stu

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
Asi
post 3 Apr 2007, 01:19
Post #59

Camaro SS

i know it's made in netherlands in a volvo factory (S40 based)

and i have already payed my car..

--------------------
+
martin245
post 3 Apr 2007, 07:22
Post #60

EX PAT

Asi !
You took a long time !!!
Stu

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
3 Pages < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 16:03
Forum Renault