Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> 1st Country launch Sandero at Dutch Dacia Meeting

Ger Nijkamp
post 21 May 2008, 01:00
Post #1

Membru incepator

Group: Members

I'm proud to announce that the first country in the world to launch the new Dacia Sandero is The Netherlands. Next weekend, on sunday 25th of May, the Dacia Sandero will be presented to the Dutch public at the third Dutch Dacia Meeting. This is even before the official Romanian launch, which suprised me the most.

daciasandero3.jpg

Over the past year, The Dutch Dacia Meeting has become the largest Dacia event in the world. This third editon every single Dacia owner in The Netherlands has received a personal invitation by mail. At least 273 Dacia's -still counting- including their owners, family and friends will attent. The Dutch Dacia Meeting is a initiative of www.dacialoganmcv.nl.

meetingoverzicht1.jpg

During the event there will be music from the Dutch group 'Alderliefste' and there is also a soccer tournament with former international Richard Witschge (he played for the Dutch national team, Ajax and F.C. Barcelona). Dacia-owners can have their car cleaned by a professional team and there will be free drinks and barbeque for everyone.

But, of course, the main event that day will be the first launch of the Dacia Sandero..!

After the event, photos and video will be posted on www.dacialoganmcv.nl.

[ Ger ]

--------------------
Dacia Logan MCV
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
Stefan
post 21 May 2008, 01:09
Post #2

Quite opinionated

Wow, keep up the good work, Ger. It's amazing how many Dacia sympathizers are in the Netherlands and how much you appreciate the cars.
I'm happy that you'll have the opportunity to be the first ones to see the Sandero "in nature". I'm sure there will be people on this forum saying this is disrespect to Romanians and their "national car", but I don't see it that way.
Good luck.

--------------------
Volkswagen Golf 7 Variant 1,4 TSI 2013
+
Twingoman
post 21 May 2008, 22:48
Post #3

Membru incepator

Sandero goes on sale in France on June 27th, with order books opening tomorrow (22nd May).

Four trim levels, 2 petrol engines (1.4 & 1.6) and prices from €7800

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2008/05/20/087463.html

Not sure of exact sale dates for other european countries, although they are saying that it gos on sale throughout Europe in June, so it may be the same or similar dates.

Can't wait to see what models we get when it goes on sale in the UK.

--------------------
Renault Twingo 2002 Helios - WK51JVL
+
Twingoman
post 23 Jun 2008, 21:52
Post #4

Membru incepator

Dacia is not now coming to the UK until early 2010 when they will launch the Sandero. Apparently, left hand drive cars are being given priority over right hand drive models.

--------------------
+
martin245
post 26 Jun 2008, 17:46
Post #5

EX PAT

OH SHIT !!!!
Stu

--------------------
dacia logan 14 mpi Simply RED 2007 - GB 1
Bessy Regs
+
bossake
post 18 Jul 2008, 17:21
Post #6

Membru autentic

@Ger Nijkamp: You said something about free drinks and barbecue at the meeting. I am just curious, who pays for all these?

In romania if we will make with free barbecue, I think more than 1000 cars will come at the meeting. Of course, with all their relatives biggrin.gif.

--------------------
Dacia Logan 2007 Prestige 1.6 16v - B 21 xxx
+
Ger Nijkamp
post 22 Aug 2008, 12:01
Post #7

Membru incepator

The first two meetings where organized by myself. Because the event was growing rapidly I had to find a way to manage costs. Of course, when 2.200 people come together it's quite something else than 25 having a cup of coffee.

The third event was organized in collaboration with Dacia in The Netherlands. Otherwise it wouldn't have been possible. It's wasn't so that the people came for food or drinks, but you can't organize this kind of large happenings in the assumption that everyone will bring its own.

Photo's of the third Dutch Dacia Meeting can be found here.

A report from RTL television is viewable here (so you can also actually see who I am; the first to be interviewed).

Another video, shot and edited myself, gives also a good impression of that fantastic day.

[ Ger ]

--------------------
Dacia Logan MCV
+
Twingoman
post 3 Nov 2008, 12:03
Post #8

Membru incepator

It's now looking unlikely that the Sandero will come to the UK after all, due to the credit crunch.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/advice/motoring/ha...15875-20855399/

This announcement was also made on the new series of Top Gear last night after they made a constant joke about the car coming during the last series.

--------------------
+
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 17:21
Forum Renault