DaciaClub Logo

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Car radio optional?, Factory installed radio poorly featured!

Should the car radio be optional in Logan?

No [ 2 ] ** [15.38%]
Yes, unconditionally in any package [ 7 ] ** [53.85%]
Yes, with more feature rich models offered by the factory [ 3 ] ** [23.08%]
Don't care [ 1 ] ** [7.69%]
Total Votes: 13
Guests cannot vote 
g100sic
post 4 Jan 2007, 22:48
Post #1

Membru autentic

Group: Members

The factory installed radio/CD in Logan Laureate pack is poorly featured, not even able to play mp3 format (let aside the quality, I believe that Blaupunkt can't be bad)! With so many good and feature rich car CD/radios in the market, shuld we be allowed to choose it at our own free will?!

--------------------
Ford Fiesta 1.4 (96 HP) 2010 / Trend (Flex Pack 11)
Never argue with a fool -- people might not notice the difference! (Murphy's First Law of Debate)
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
elk84
post 5 Jan 2007, 00:54
Post #2

Membru incepator

Hi!

With so many good and feature rich car CD/radios in the market, shuld we be allowed to choose it at our own free will?!

Of cource we should be alowed this. And we are.
When I was receiping my Logan from diler, I came witm my own radio, which was mouted while I have signed all the papers.

BTW price for factory radio is rip-off. The only thing I like in this radio is its very simple design, as i hate all this over-featured, colorfull and blinking displays of almost all nowadays radios.

Regards

Krzysztof

--------------------
Dacia logan a
+
DenNy
post 5 Jan 2007, 12:32
Post #3

Membru

QUOTE(elk84 @ 4 Jan 2007, 23:54)
Hi!
Of cource we should be alowed this. And we are.
When I was receiping my Logan from diler, I came witm my own radio, which was mouted while I have signed all the papers.

BTW price for factory radio is rip-off. The only thing I like in this radio is its very simple design, as i hate all this over-featured, colorfull and blinking displays of almost all nowadays radios.

Regards

Krzysztof

I like also that it is quiet simple. I hate cd/radios blinking as a christmass tree.
Maybe only that mp3 support is missing. And those buttons for station memory are a little bit big.

This post has been edited by DenNy: 5 Jan 2007, 12:34

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureat Plus 1.4 - PA-81
+
g100sic
post 5 Jan 2007, 13:58
Post #4

Membru autentic

QUOTE(elk84 @ 4 Jan 2007, 23:54)
BTW price for factory radio is rip-off...

Regards

Krzysztof

Right!
It is actually that rip-off pricing policy that I had in mind when I started this poll!
We as a customers should at least get something for our money.

To be honest, I must say that other car manufacturers often do the same... which does not mean that it's right!

Thay should make the car a little bit cheaper, and make us a little bit happier by letting us choose what we like! smile.gif

--------------------
Never argue with a fool -- people might not notice the difference! (Murphy's First Law of Debate)
+
martin245
post 5 Jan 2007, 18:35
Post #5

EX PAT

dry.gif I think that we are getting a good offer for our money OK if its more for your money then it will be more money blink.gif
It is not Rocket science is it
Stu

--------------------
dacia logan 14 mpi Simply RED 2007 - GB 1
Bessy Regs
+
g100sic
post 6 Jan 2007, 19:03
Post #6

Membru autentic

QUOTE(martin245 @ 5 Jan 2007, 17:35)
dry.gif  I think that we are getting a good offer for our money OK if its more for your money then it will be more money blink.gif
It is not Rocket science is it
Stu

Stu, I'm not complaining about the car itself, of course it is a great value for money! Actually, thank God someone remembered to return to the basics in marketintg - car for the masses (sorry "VolksWagen", you forgot this lesson! biggrin.gif )! In fact, I'm talking about one little detail of a really small importance for the overall value of the car, but not so small fuss, if you were not satisfied with it and wanted to change it. To be really honest, I admit I would pay the same price for the car even with no radio at all, I'm that satisfied with it as is! smile.gif

For example, the dealer first warned me that I might loose the waranty if I changed it myself or by another "unauthorized" person or service (meaning not a Dacia service, however competent this other service might be), then wanted to charge me nearly 20 (!!!) EUR for this simple operation (done in less then 5 minutes), and finally offered me 40 EUR for the factory installed radio (which they then installed to some other customer, probably for that ripp-off price someone mentioned), and they wouldn't charge me for the deinstallation/installation!

BTW, before I went to buy Dacia Logan, I was also looking at Renault Thalia, allmost the same car in terms of features as Logan (same motor, gearbox, even the same trunk space - 510 lit., but lower equipment package, similar to the Laureate package for Logan). I must enphasize that the two brands have different dealers (general distributors) for Serbia. Thalia didn't have the radio installed, and when I asked the dealer about this, he said that their policy is not to sell cars with preinstalled radios, since nobody wants them!

That's what I was talking about! smile.gif

--------------------
+
martin245
post 6 Jan 2007, 19:20
Post #7

EX PAT

I have heard that you can take your car to ANY official car repare shop even under Garantee so by law you must not go to Dacia for your services anymore as long as you have your book stamped by a reg garage ......
I will check this out and you should also while you are now in the EWG
Stu

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
g100sic
post 6 Jan 2007, 20:42
Post #8

Membru autentic

QUOTE(martin245 @ 6 Jan 2007, 18:20)
I have heard that you can take your car to ANY official car repare shop even under Garantee so by law you must not go to Dacia for your services anymore as long as you have your book stamped by a reg garage ......
I will check this out and you should also while you are now in the EWG
Stu

Stu, please note that I live in Serbia!!! biggrin.gif It is still a bit "Wild West" here, and the State (with capital "S") has yet to do a lot of work to discipline private enterprizes to respect the rights of the customers, unfortunatelly!

And what is EWG, sorry, I'm not familiar with that acronym??

--------------------
+
martin245
post 6 Jan 2007, 20:49
Post #9

EX PAT

sorry mate it is German for this
common market
stu

This post has been edited by martin245: 6 Jan 2007, 20:51

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
g100sic
post 11 Jan 2007, 00:19
Post #10

Membru autentic

Well, here we have an example of a different policy! In Croatian market, car radio is optional with every equipment package (I hope it's not hard to understand even without translation):
http://www.dacia.hr/hr/DaciaSITe/logan/equ...ents/index.html
So are many other features (here you can also see the prices for theese features, 1 EUR is nearly 8 Kn):
http://www.dacia.hr/hr/DaciaSITe/logan/prices/index.html
Here we see an oposite extreme - it is almost imposible to imagine that features like air conditioning and ABS are optional even with the highest Prestige package!

--------------------
+
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 16:56
Forum Renault