Just a unimportant political thing, not good or bad [ 1 ] ** [2.17%]
Total Votes: 46
Guests cannot vote 
Boris
post 19 Dec 2006, 10:48
Post #1

Croatian member

Group: Members

Yesterday I watched a reportage about Romania and it's joining the EU. My impression was that common people either love it or hate it, there was no neutral opinions. I'm just interested what do the forum members think.

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.6 2005 + LPG Landi Renzo sequent
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
mcv_rulez
post 19 Dec 2006, 12:19
Post #2

Mai mult spațiu. Mai multe posibilități.

It's no good for me, because that will rise taxes on cars from Romania... sad.gif

--------------------
Going to buy Dacia Logan MCV 1.6 16V Laureate (5 seats)
MCV really rules!!!
+
driverx
post 19 Dec 2006, 12:19
Post #3

--- Membru cu ralanti ---

I'll take the bright side. From 2007 we have another free day. 9 may. Europe Day.

radmasa.gif

Romanians are simply stupid. Those who love the idea simply does not understand the required sacrifices, they see only the benefits of joining the E.U. The others are also more stupid. If they are already hit by the restrictions and regulations of EU, they are simply angainst this "istorical moment". If killing their beloved pig before Christmas using their own, macabre, methods is forbiden from now, and letal injections is mandatory, then EU is not good for them....they say....

My point of view. There are only few days till we join EU. Romanian people simply does not realize that. In 31 december night, they will care more about artifices and other chinesse crap than joining the EU. They simply do not realize what means and how they will face the first 365 days in EU.

--------------------
Mitsubishi Lancer 2008
Univega Alpina HT-LTD Disc Deore 2011
+
stuiberv
post 19 Dec 2006, 12:57
Post #4

Membru autentic

I voted unimportant political thing, but in fact I think it will bring more good things than bad things.

And about the general opinion: I am afraid that many of the ones which think joining is good just think they will be fed by the government and they will not have to work.
The ones who say it is bad, they only know from the rumors about what is going to happen.

I think there will be no really big changes, nor good or bad.
Also, I think that it will be a good thing overall, after people realize what EU brings (I hope it brings good things to those who do their job good smile.gif).

--------------------
Papuci marimea 43 3 ani bocanci - is xx undoitrei
“All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you
are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can’t get them
together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.” — IBM
maintenance manual, 1925
+
13nov
post 19 Dec 2006, 13:27
Post #5

Membru autentic

I voted Yes because EU imposes a series of economical and social standards. If we were left by our own, our stupid politicians would have brought us to bankrupcy.
I don't think that in the short term there will be a major change in our lives (good or bad), but on the long term it is good that Romania's faith is not left totally in the hands of our own politicians. Imagine now, when as a couyntry we have to be target oriented, we still lack direction, what would it happen if we had to draw the targets our self??

--------------------
OPEL ASTRA GTC 1.9 CDTI 2008
Clio III 1.5 dci Privilege
+
DigitalScribe
post 19 Dec 2006, 16:24
Post #6

Scribul Digital

As long as it's thought of as some sort of higher goal it's a good thing because it is pushing things upwards. It's bad because simple people expect a sudden shift for the worse or bad. They never understand that things never happen suddenly but gradualy.

--------------------
Renault Espace V Renault Zoe D-Max 2022 - n/a
+
vv
post 19 Dec 2006, 18:06
Post #7

dilbert.com

It's good because Romania fill be literally flooded with cash, ON PROJECTS. It's questionable that we will manage to spend all the money coming in, but it's a good thing that money is coming in. Also, the EU money is "watched" and politicians cannot simply consume them as they see fit - they have to actually do something useful with the money (and by that - I mean "useful fo all of us").
It's good because it sends a good signal abroad about Romania - it is currently flooded with investments. 5-6 years ago, we were literally struggling to bring "big players" to Romania, although to me it was obvious that it would be tremendously profitable for them to come here. Now, it is fashion to open a "design center" or at least a "support call center" in Romania, although the salaries have risen and I personally think it is much harder to be profitable here now, than it was 5 years ago.
It's good because our property values are on the rise, and this effectively increased the fortune of millions people (those having a flat have seen its value increase 5 times - even it they did not sell it, they can mortgage it at any time and get lots of money as loans).
It's good because it increases competition and it opens up opportunities.

There will certainly be some bad parts about it, but I prefer to see the bright side smile.gif

Oh, and yes - driverx, don't trust what the morons write in newspapers. AFAIK, after some struggle, the muslims in Germany were allowed to kill the lambs "traditionally". For sure, it will be impossible to stop in one year the tradition of killing pigs in Romania - what are they gonna do, write millions of fines? Get real. Just imagine the protests - it could start huge riots biggrin.gif . Think at the riot in Ferentari when they simply tried to disconnect the people who were illegaly connected to the RENEL power lines - and those were a handful of people, not an entire country.

--------------------
Renault Grand Scenic 2008 - B.00.XXX
It is final proof of god's omnipotence that he needs not exist in order to save us.
+
driverx
post 19 Dec 2006, 18:19
Post #8

--- Membru cu ralanti ---

I'm aware. The pigs issue was just an example. A pretty stupid one, but also many common problems here in this excellent country are stupid. I think you agree that we (the people of this country generally) know nothing real about joining EU, the responsabilities which comes with this, the advantages and rights. People see this issues as a small child....very simple onset. What brings EU for them, what EU takes from them. And when comes to pig killing EU restrictions, then Ferentari can be a model radmasa.gif

I repeat...the pig issue I mentioned is only a funny and ironic example.

This post has been edited by driverx: 19 Dec 2006, 18:20

--------------------
Mitsubishi Lancer 2008
Univega Alpina HT-LTD Disc Deore 2011
+
My Berlina
post 20 Dec 2006, 04:16
Post #9

Membru American

QUOTE(driverx @ 19 Dec 2006, 11:19)
the pig issue I mentioned is only a funny and ironic example.

yeah but a god example that most Romanian's can refer to.

--------------------
- - - - Sibiu/North Carolina
Volkswagen Passat GLS V6 2.8L
4x4 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L 6-cylinder
Dacia Berlina L A/C
+
SUPERCAR
post 22 Dec 2006, 18:30
Post #10

Membru autentic

Is it a good thing that Romania is joining the EU?
The answer is : YES tongue.gif

--------------------
Dacia Logan 1.5 dCI Martie 2007 Euro4 - 70CP@90CP - CT 82 PWR
+
taco
post 22 Dec 2006, 21:12
Post #11

Saving for a Logan Hatchback Diesel

Dear Romanian friends, after reading your opinions I've come to the conclusion that Romanian politicians are as dreadful as the Spanish ones radmasa.gif

We had the same discussion here in Spain 20 years ago, and many people thought it would be a bad thing for us, specially when it was revealed some of the "efforts" we would have to do ( more taxes, less freedom, more competition from "foreign" companies, re-structuration of some economic sectors...). But 20 years afterwards it has proved itself a good decision. The struggle was hard the first years but we got a lot of money for roads, motorways, bridges, services for the people in small villages and our economy really boomed smile.gif ...In exchange, we have had to change some of our culture and way of living too( i.e: no more cheap wine or going out )and we are no more "Spanish" but "Europeans" due to the laws which come from Brussels. mad.gif

But I think it's been good for us and people today live really better than 20 years ago. I just hope it be at least so good for you too biggrin.gif

--------------------
citroen saxo 1.5 D
+
YO4RLP
post 23 Dec 2006, 00:30
Post #12

membru radioactiv

In spite of the fact that I voted YES, my opinion is that the Romanians don't have ... a "community sense" not even to speak about an "european behavior" (too complex!). We are too concerned to our own home comfort. From this reason, the next years will be very hard for the broad mass of common people. The fruits of joining aren't for us ... but for our childrens.

--------------------
Dacia SuperNova Confort 2002 - GL-06-EAF
Cine vrea, găsește posibilitați; cine nu vrea, găsește scuze.
+
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 21:25
Forum Renault