Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Questions about Logan, any question that is not about problems

Boris
post 28 Feb 2005, 21:19
Post #1

Croatian member

Group: Members

I'm driving the new car biggrin.gif, and I have a couple of questions:

The manual says that I'm supposed to inflate the front tires to 1,9 bar, and the rear tires to 2,1 bar. That's a bit strange! I'm supposed to inflate the rear tires more? Are those the correct pressures?

The second question is about the light bulbs. What light bulbs goes in the headlights? The manual says "against UV rays". For every other bulb there is a marking of the bulb, eg. for the front fog lights it is H11, but for the headlights it is "against UV rays". Against? What does it do to the rays? I don't get it!

In Croatia I'm supposed to have a set of spare light bulbs in the car. If I'm buying a set it makes sence to buy the right ones.

I have some other questions about the onboard computer, but that can wait.

Boris

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.6 2005 + LPG Landi Renzo sequent
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
os
post 28 Feb 2005, 21:35
Post #2

Dictator. Comunist. Arbitrar. Pe scurt: rau.

Group: Moderatori

Hi Boris,

I do not own a Logan. However I can tell you for sure that inflating the rear wheels (a bit) more than the front ones is very common with many brands. Rather uncommon is inflating all tires at the same pressure.

What's happening here is that the rear wheels have a very important contribution in the directional stability of a vehicle; inflating them a bit more makes them more rigid, which is a good thing for the driving comfort (directional stability).

To the bulbs: the "glass" of the headlights is made of a kind of plastic (I thik polyacrilate, which is a good thing since it won't break easily). Plastic does not like UV (there's a chance of it going milky) - which is why the bulbs should not emit all too much UV.

os

--------------------
. . .
Muschii mei minte nu are.
Cip-Cirip! Cip-Cirip! Cip-Cirip!
+
Boris
post 28 Feb 2005, 22:33
Post #3

Croatian member

QUOTE(os @ 28 Feb 2005, 21:35)
Hi Boris,

I do not own a Logan. However I can tell you for sure that inflating the rear wheels (a bit) more than the front ones is very common with many brands. Rather uncommon is inflating all tires at the same pressure.

What's happening here is that the rear wheels have a very important contribution in the directional stability of a vehicle; inflating them a bit more makes them more rigid, which is a good thing for the driving comfort (directional stability).
To the bulbs: the "glass" of the headlights is made of a kind of plastic (I thik polyacrilate,  which is a good thing since it won't break easily). Plastic does not like UV (there's a chance of it going milky) - which is why the bulbs should not emit all too much UV.

os

Hi,

Thanks!

I know that it is comon to inflate the front and rear tires to different pressures. Every car I have driven so far (and that's not a lot) had a bigger pressure in the front tires. Now I've done a bit of surfing and found some cars that have bigger pressure n the rear tires (some Citroen's, Opel's,....). But it seems more offten that the manufacturer recomends higher pressure in the front tires. I've done according to the manual.

As for the light bulbs, I understood from the manual that the headlighs are plastic and that they dont respond well tu UV rays. I did not understand what to ask for in a store.

Boris

This post has been edited by Boris: 28 Feb 2005, 22:34

--------------------
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
+
os
post 1 Mar 2005, 10:28
Post #4

Hi Boris,

Hmmm... your experience about wheel inflation kind of contradicts my experience. The manual of my current car (which has AWD - no, it's not a SUV) recommends equal inflation at all times except when fully loaded, in which case rear wheels should be a bit more rigid (i.e. higher pressure). I've also had that constellation with a Citroen; all other cars stated *rear* should be inflated at higher pressure than front. I am sure, though, that following the manual is a good thing to do. I'll tell you what: the next time I go to a gas station, I'll look for it (some stations display tyre pressure tables for many cars) and write here - I only don't know when it'll be.

I have absolutely no idea what the bulbs are called... I never bought anything special. It may be a good idea to pretend that you want to buy some from your dealer and see what they offer. Depending upon price you could even actually buy them ;-) .

os

--------------------
. . .
+
marksman
post 1 Mar 2005, 10:41
Post #5

Post mortem nihil est

Hi Boris,

About the light bulbs in Logan headlights: ask for anti-UV (or something like that) bulbs. They state that in Logan Manual, which I don't have access to right now. To be sure you buy the right bulb, unscrew one from a headlight and make a note of what's printed on its socket, there are some letters and numbers and manufacturer's name, in my case OSRAM.

About tyre pressure.

I guess they're right when they require that front tyres have a higher pressure than the rear ones, because the front part of the car houses the engine which is quite heavy. On my old Dacia (1300) I used to have lower pressure in the rear tyres and higher in the front tyres except when I was going fully loaded, in which case I increased the pressure in the rear tyres to be higher than in front tyres. however, after installing a LPG kit, I had to inflate rear tyres to the same pressure as the front ones, because of the LPG tank in the trunk.

This post has been edited by Illusi0n: 1 Mar 2005, 10:47

--------------------
Opel / Mazda Crossland X / CX-30 2019 / 2020
Charlie Foxtrot
+
Boris
post 1 Mar 2005, 11:07
Post #6

Croatian member

QUOTE(Illusi0n @ 1 Mar 2005, 10:41)
To be sure you buy the right bulb, unscrew one from a headlight and make a note of what's printed on its socket, there are some letters and numbers and manufacturer's name, in my case OSRAM.

OK. I think I'll ask the dealer. I just thought that someone has a ready answer. I'll leave the opening of the lights for the last option.

QUOTE(Illusi0n @ 1 Mar 2005, 10:41)
About tyre pressures: I guess they're right when they require that front tyres have a higher pressure than the rear ones, because the front part of the car houses the engine which is quite heavy.

That's just the thing that confused me. The manual states that I must have higher pressure in the rear tires. Later I've seen that some other cars have the same combination. Anyway, right now they are inflated according to the manual.

Sometimes translated manuals can be a bit funny, the Logan one is quite OK. There were just a few things that took me some thinking to understand. The part about the onborard computer has definitely some "funny" sentences. Recently I've seen a manual from a Japanese manufacturer, it's the same.

--------------------
+
marksman
post 1 Mar 2005, 11:11
Post #7

Post mortem nihil est

Yes, the Logan Manual states that front tyres pressure is lower than rear tyre pressure. I have inflated mine according to the manual, but until I bought the Logan, my knowledge about tyre pressure were: front press. > rear press.

--------------------
Opel / Mazda Crossland X / CX-30 2019 / 2020
Charlie Foxtrot
+
Boris
post 1 Mar 2005, 12:11
Post #8

Croatian member

Just spoke with the dealer. The bulb is H4.

--------------------
+
os
post 1 Mar 2005, 14:18
Post #9

For general info:Tyre pressures (source: Michelin)

AlfaRomeo-Peugeot:
http://www.michelin.de/de/ImageServlet?ima...eSite=ALLEMAGNE

Peugeot-Volvo:
http://www.michelin.de/de/ImageServlet?ima...eSite=ALLEMAGNE

By taking a look at the tables, I see that I had generalized prematurely. Mea culpa.

This post has been edited by os: 1 Mar 2005, 15:06

--------------------
. . .
+
Boris
post 1 Mar 2005, 20:13
Post #10

Croatian member

QUOTE(os @ 1 Mar 2005, 14:18)
By taking a look at the tables, I see that I had generalized prematurely. Mea culpa.

Same here! sad.gif

Boris

--------------------
+
mccoy
post 2 Mar 2005, 19:40
Post #11

Membru autentic

Germany Narva speciallampen
Ersatzteilkasten universal

12 V H4 UV-reduziert

1 H 4 60/55W P43t ok
1 P21W 21W BA15s ok
1 R5W …. of no use
1 T4W … the same
1 flachsicherung 10A
1 flachsicherung 15A

= 4 euros excl.gif
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In serbian manual at page 5.11 - H4 anti U.V.
I bought this set at gass station just to have spare bulbs because it wasn`t expensive.
Don`t know German but `UV-reduziert` means `anti U.V.` and that`s OK.
I`m not sure `bout Wats…

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.6 - ...98-7.
-----------------------------
Divide et impera ... and unite in EU !
+
Boris
post 15 Mar 2005, 19:11
Post #12

Croatian member

I think now is the time for the question about the onboard computer.

There is 8 possible displays.

Now this is the qoute from my manual:

1) (a) Total distance traveled in km
2) ('b') Daily travel distance in km
3) ('c') Fuel consumption since the last start
4) (d) Average fuel consumption since the last start
5) (e) Fuel consumtion at "this moment
6) (f) Estimated travel distance with the fuel in the tank
7) (g) Distance traveled since the last start
8) (h) Average speed since the last start

These "since the last start" options are clearly not since the last start. When is that data reset?

What I now is that I can reset the item (2) when I push and hold the button on the pannel. I did that twice and all the data in displays 3,4,7 and 8 did not change. All at once the data at displays 3,4,7 and 8 was reset without me doing anything.

I dont't get it. The manual states that the data will be reset when the memory is full. I've traveled cca 700 km when that happened.

Not that all this is important, but I just don't get it.

Boris

This post has been edited by Boris: 15 Mar 2005, 19:27

--------------------
+
AL
post 16 Mar 2005, 09:21
Post #13

1. "since the last start" means "since the last reset"!!! ... bad translation...

2. this unexpected reset could be caused by an electrical problem... go to the service and ask them to verify the electrical contacts and the plugs of the pannel... this problem was also discovered and discussed by other people from the forum (topic in romanian language)

3. they are 2 ways to reset the item (2) and one way for the others... for 3,4,7,8 it is neccessary to to push 2 times the "computer" button (from the right stick) and afteer push and hold for 3-4 seconds the button from the pannel...

--------------------
Skoda KAROQ 2019 - B-21-NEW
+
vv
post 16 Mar 2005, 11:02
Post #14

dilbert.com

Boris - in other words:
- if you are in display 2, you will reset only that counter
- if you are in either of the displays 3,4,5,6,7,8 - you will resel all these toghether if you push the 'reset' button.

The auto-reset may not be a technical problem - afterall the manual does state that auto-reset is performed when the memory is full.

--------------------
Renault Grand Scenic 2008 - B.00.XXX
It is final proof of god's omnipotence that he needs not exist in order to save us.
+
AL
post 16 Mar 2005, 12:21
Post #15

OK vv, but why some people experienced this reset problem 2 times in a week?.... after 100-200 km?... etc. too many resets.... and for other people not a single one reset in 600-700 km and 1 mounth...

--------------------
+
Boris
post 16 Mar 2005, 12:37
Post #16

Croatian member

I've reset the all the data today manually with no particular reason at all. I'll watch if it happens again. If it happens again I'll ask the dealer/service what's going on.

I have another question.

The manual says that I should change the oil after 15 000 km of city driving, but the dealer said that he recommends the first change after 1000 km, and after that every 15 000 or so.

Some people sy that you should change the factory oil relatively quickly (cca after the first 1000 km) because of possible metal particles when you are running in the new engine.

Others say that that should not be done, because the factory oil is some kind of special oil for new engines.

The third group says that none of that is true and they change their oil according to the manual.

So what is true? Should I change the oil after a 1000 km or is the guy just trying to get some money from me?

If it's a good thing I'll do it, but if it's absolutely the same whether I do it or not I'll rather take my wife to a good dinner for that money biggrin.gif

--------------------
+
AL
post 16 Mar 2005, 14:00
Post #17

How many Dacia dealers/service are in your city? ... 1 or 2 ... I think it is not a good idea to not follow that the service recommanded to do... for waranty reasons....

In the manual it is recommanded to change the oil at 15 k km.... and to change al 1/2 period if the operating condition are severe.... city, mountain roads, winter etc. ... nothing about 1000 km... if you don't want to do that change at 1000 km I recommand you to write a letter to Dacia (Voice of Client Department) and ask them to confirm you by a letter if is neccessary or not to change the oil... in this case you could prove to your dealer/service that is an un-neccessary change.

I intend to change every 7500 for my car!!!!

--------------------
+
Boris
post 16 Mar 2005, 14:41
Post #18

Croatian member

There is 3 dealers in Zagreb according to the Dacia site. For the services I don't now, at least 10 or more. The service network is the Renault service network, so there is quite a lot of services.

There is no need for a letter to Dacia, the just said that that is his recomendation and that I do not have to do it. I wont loose the warranty if don't do it now. I was just interested in what are other peoples suggestions.

Offcourse that in the warranty period I will do everything according to the manual, but afterwards allso. Any car should be maintained correctly.

As for later, I will change the oil every 7 500 or 10 000 km. I do cca 10 000 km a year and that is mostly city driving.

--------------------
+
mccoy
post 16 Mar 2005, 18:49
Post #19

Membru autentic

1. Resets are for computers…Mine works well (car computer I mean).

2. “I will change the oil every 7 500 or 10 000 km”- words of wisdom.Let it be… cool.gif

3. The price of the first service,does anybody know ?

--------------------
+
Boris
post 17 Mar 2005, 09:51
Post #20

Croatian member

QUOTE(mccoy @ 16 Mar 2005, 18:49)
3. The price of  the first service,does anybody know ?

It does not make sense to compare prices of service in different countries, maybe just out of curiosity.

--------------------
+
mccoy
post 17 Mar 2005, 10:15
Post #21

Membru autentic

Just curiosity.

I don`t have cat,there is nothing to be killed. wacko.gif

--------------------
+
VladoMKD
post 17 Mar 2005, 10:58
Post #22

Membru incepator

First service is free of charge in Macedonia, suppose that is the same in all countries.
About changing the oil, I ask technicians and they say that first change will be on 10000 km (second service) with oil filter and air filter.

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.4
+
mccoy
post 18 Mar 2005, 00:58
Post #23

Membru autentic

QUOTE(VladoMKD @ 17 Mar 2005, 09:58)
First service is free of charge in Macedonia, suppose that is the same in all countries.
About changing the oil, I ask technicians and they say that first change will be on 10000 km (second service) with oil filter and air filter.

In serbian "service print" - first regular inspection at 15000km or after 1 year

(depend on what is first fulfilled):

1. oil replacement

2. oil filter replacement

3. adding liquid for washing windscreen

4. etc.

or at 7500km if operating condition are severe: city, mountain roads, winter...

Vlado,what have you done? ohmy.gif

--------------------
+
VladoMKD
post 18 Mar 2005, 11:44
Post #24

Membru incepator

QUOTE(mccoy @ 18 Mar 2005, 01:58)
Vlado,what have you done? ohmy.gif

biggrin.gif I didn’t do anything, first service was on 3000 km and they only check the liquids and steering, nothing special.

Second service will be on 10000 or after 1 year when they will do this:

1. Oil replacement

2. Oil filter replacement

3. Air filter replacement

Suppose you don’t understand me……my English is bad blush.gif

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.4
+
Boris
post 19 Mar 2005, 14:26
Post #25

Croatian member

QUOTE(mccoy @ 16 Mar 2005, 18:49)
3. The price of  the first service,does anybody know ?

Just changed the oil and the oil filter, the price was 32€. Work was for free.

--------------------
+
mccoy
post 19 Mar 2005, 18:05
Post #26

Membru autentic

QUOTE(VladoMKD @ 18 Mar 2005, 10:44)
biggrin.gif I didn’t do anything, first service was on 3000 km and they only check the liquids and steering, nothing special.

Second service will be on 10000 or after 1 year when they will do this:

1. Oil replacement

2. Oil filter replacement

3. Air filter replacement

Suppose you don’t understand me……my English is bad  blush.gif

I`m but curious if it is written in Macedonian manual to perform

first service at 3000 km.

That might open some questions…

P.S.Hough!

U english bee god ass mine...

This post has been edited by mccoy: 19 Mar 2005, 18:10

--------------------
+
mccoy
post 19 Mar 2005, 18:14
Post #27

Membru autentic

QUOTE(Boris @ 19 Mar 2005, 13:26)
Just changed the oil and the oil filter, the price was 32€. Work was for free.

“Offcourse that in the warranty period I will do everything according to the manual, but afterwards allso. Any car should be maintained correctly.

As for later, I will change the oil every 7 500 or 10 000 km. I do cca 10 000 km a year and that is mostly city driving.”

I thought that we had come to conclusion… cool.gif

--------------------
+
Boris
post 19 Mar 2005, 19:05
Post #28

Croatian member

QUOTE(mccoy @ 19 Mar 2005, 18:14)
I  thought that we had come to conclusion… cool.gif

Lost you there! Sory!

--------------------
+
VladoMKD
post 21 Mar 2005, 13:53
Post #29

Membru incepator

QUOTE(mccoy @ 19 Mar 2005, 19:05)
I`m but curious if it is written in Macedonian manual to perform

first service at 3000 km.

That might open some questions…

P.S.Hough!

U  english bee god  ass mine...

I now the answer. In Macedonian guaranty they wrote that first service is for free. I suppose they decide to make the first service earlier, to avoid extra costs that will come from that decision (free first service), if they do this in normal period after 10000.

So, we are on the same... ili po naski...isto ti dodje, kod nas je drugi servis u stvari prvi huh.gif

PS. Hough biggrin.gif drunksinging.gif

This post has been edited by VladoMKD: 22 Mar 2005, 10:31

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.4
+
mccoy
post 21 Mar 2005, 15:47
Post #30

Membru autentic

QUOTE(Boris @ 19 Mar 2005, 18:05)
Lost you there! Sory!

mad.gif dry.gif sleep.gif Accepted biggrin.gif

--------------------
+
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 20:41
Forum Renault