Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Logan MCV, Fuel Tank Capacity?

Barrie
post 11 May 2008, 05:48
Post #1

Membru incepator

Group: Members

[COLOR=blue][/COLOR] huh.gif

Does anyone know the exact fuel tank capacity of the Logan MCV.

It is more than the 50 litres the book says?

And how accurate are the fuel gauges? I'm not sure of mine.

Regards Barrie. In France.

--------------------
Dacia Logan Logan MCV Diesel 2008 - Not known yet
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
Bulldog
post 11 May 2008, 14:10
Post #2

"Nembru"

The normal capacity of the fuel tank is 50 litres. You could fill more fuel in it, but the extra space is needed for the fuel vapours to expand. The factory does not recomand to exceed the 50 litres capacity.
So, don't insist in doing so.

--------------------
Bicicleta, RATUC, Taxi
Imi scot mașina in ploaie să se tuneze cand tună
+
martin245
post 11 May 2008, 15:07
Post #3

EX PAT

50 ltrs is correct I have just returned to Germany after driving to North England
I drove till my tank was on the red and filled up with about 45ltrs
The fuel gauge is prety accurate I would not worry about that
Stu

--------------------
dacia logan 14 mpi Simply RED 2007 - GB 1
Bessy Regs
+
Keka
post 15 May 2008, 19:00
Post #4

Logan driver :P

Once I drove some 75 km with fuel low light on and filled 52l, so tank capacity is more than 50l.......some say it is actualy 60l, but it is recommended not to drive on very low fuel because fuel pump can sustain damage.

BC is accurate within +- 1l.

--------------------
Dacia Logan 2004 1.6 MPI Laureat pack LPG by Dora - Kadett 1.6D 1983
+
heinz57g
post 11 Jun 2008, 14:37
Post #5

IN PAT

sorry, but the matter of fuel tank capacity of the logans (ANY modell !) has been discussed so often, both
on this board as well as on numerous others, and to the greatest extend, in and out, again and again, that i
really find it strange that even avid and knowledgeable logan-owners, who i personally (yes, YOU too) discussed
this with, seem to have forgotten it.

so, once and for all:

the tank fits 64-65 liters, diesel/benzin same, MCV/lim same,
any engine, same.

THAT IS A FACT, and was twice even measured (because we did not believe it) on a spare-part tank outside
a car, and many times on the now 18 logans (and close to 750.000 km TTL) in our car pool. all the same.

a few points though:

- there is no such thing as an overflow that ''would damage the catalysator'' or similar, stories that have
appeared in places. check it (simple), or have your garage check it, and tell you. there are another 100
reasons given, too, but, at least for the logan, they are not true. this is NOT a point for discussion here, though.

- it might nevertheless not be advisable to fill to the last liter, as fuel tends to expand when getting warmer (it is
usually VERY cold in the underground storage of the gasstation). so either leave a couple of liters spare (more on
hot days), or make sure you drive immediately after filling to the brim for at least 50-100km right away.

- it is rather difficult to fit in the last 10 liters, anyhow, and certainly needs patience. some of our drivers can do
it slowly by holding the pistol sideways, others say filling in small spurts works better. some say they can 'hear' the
last liter coming up. but: all say it certainly is not something to do when there are 10 cars behind you.

- the bordcomputer thinks you are on 50 liters even if you hold 64. so when top-full, it will show a range of 720km
if your average consumption was 7.1l/100km, for example. careful: this applies to Service Mode too, it only sees 50+/- liter!

- for the next 200km, that figure of '720km-range' will just stay there, and only start moving down AFTER you
reached actually 50 liters in the tank. as of then (and only then the fuel gauge also starts reacting), the range figure
starts being more and more correct the further the tank contents sinks down.

- reasonably smooth driving will let the red fuel warning light come on at 5-6 liters, the BC will go off right after
that, and you should still be able to drive some 60-90 km - just dont try the last 5 km, they might happen in the
middle of a traffic jam in a crowded town when consumption climbs to 14l/100km. bad luck - just use common sense.

so: anybody who can prove me that the BASIC (!) idea behind these figures is wrong, will get 2 bottles of best
greek/bulgarian/macedonian/croatian/slovenian/austrian wine, your choice, from me. delivered to your doorstep.

trust me: when the difference between two gasstations, only 5km away from each other (but across a border)
is 45 cents (a liter !), this issue becomes very important and is investigated with greatest care.

and i hope this ends, for a few days, the ongoing discussion about the max 50l tank of the logan.

greetings - heinz -

PS: it fits here too: average consumption 1.4MPI over 3-0.1 years and 15 cars and about 550000km: 7.44l/100km.

for the 68HP diesel (3 cars, 2-1 year, about 150000km) 6.21/100km.

PPS: for those of you who wonder why and how i vanished for so long: problems at work, taking jobs of others
who were sick, and being in countries i first had to get used to (and did not) - but personally, everything is well.

This post has been edited by heinz57g: 11 Jun 2008, 18:15

--------------------
DACIA LOGANs, several 2004 - 2008
There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction. Thats why the British drive on the left.
+
stajp
post 15 Jun 2008, 10:14
Post #6

Membru incepator

heinz TNX, I just refilled my tank and really, it holds much more than stated 50 liters (I poured more than 50l and I (obviously) had something in the tank! smile.gif)

--------------------
Dacia Logan 2007 , 1.4MPI Laureate - ZG4050DK
+
g100sic
post 15 Jun 2008, 12:38
Post #7

Membru autentic

Great post Heinz!
This is just what we need here, first hand experiences from really authoritative people!

What you said explains something I also noticed when I started recording fuel capacity measurement from the service mode. It was strange to me that whatever quantity of fuel it was filled in (but to the max), the indication always showed EXACTLY 50 liters, never 49.9, never 50.1.

--------------------
Ford Fiesta 1.4 (96 HP) 2010 / Trend (Flex Pack 11)
Never argue with a fool -- people might not notice the difference! (Murphy's First Law of Debate)
+
martin245
post 15 Jun 2008, 14:21
Post #8

EX PAT

Heinz
Why do you think we would have missed you ?? radmasa.gif
Yes I have just about exactly the same fuel consumption rolleyes.gif
it is 7,3 so I am pretty happy about it biggrin.gif As for filling the tank I do not find this a good idea to OVERFILL blush.gif (MY theory) if you fill it to the top the engine starts to extract fuel and if the fuel is to the top it cannot extract it while no air can get in to the tank and causes a vacuum and stops the fuel system
also you would (or Will) hear air rush into the tank when you open the fuel cap
(As I said Just My thoughts)
Stu

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
heinz57g
post 15 Jun 2008, 21:34
Post #9

IN PAT

>> Why do you think we would have missed you ??

simple: anybody born on april 1st must miss me. law of nature. and i still have those left-hand-driving headlights in store ...

fuel tank: i was just reporting how big the tank was - not suggesting you would or should use it. the fact that we (regularly)
use it to maxmax and have had no ill effect might be of value, or might not mean anything. i do not know, nor do i want to
advise. i just report (if it sounds to authorative, i apologize).

>> it is 7,3 so I am pretty happy

me too (7.02), but we have one driver who over well over 60000km has managed 6.66, and him i am trying to beat, but
seem to have no chance. no idea how he does it (no city driving, for one).

>> (MY theory) if you fill it to the top the engine starts to extract fuel and
>> if the fuel is to the top it cannot extract it while no air can get
>> in to the tank and causes a vacuum and stops the fuel system also
>> you would (or Will) hear air rush into the tank when you open the fuel cap

also what i was taught, and what my theory used to be. but maybe the logan is simpler than we want ot think: ( a ) the actual
fuel pumps from the very bottom of the tank, so it has no idea (cannot have any idea) how much fuel is 'on top' of it, the
( b ) air inlet is, very small thought, at the very top near the inlet (you can feel it, right behind the nozzle-flap), so after a very
few km that one is open anyhow, and ( c ) there is an even smaller one in the actual fuel cap (most european models) that if
not clogged, helps too.

the slight underpressure hissing sound i heard too, but: it is also there if the tank is only 3/4 full, and, in hot climates,
only half full. i was explained the underpressure was on purpose, because then the flow thru the fuel pump would be more
even and easier to regulate.

again, ask around: from 50 people you will get 150 opinions. but try to think who has which reason to tell you what, in all
honesty, and then calculate again. or just try for yourself?

where you certainly would be on the safe side: 10-12 liters more after the automatic nozzles goes off first time. that
usually puts you to 56-58 liters total, a full 6-10 liters before maxmax - and here, for once, i am expressing my own
opinion. because thats what i do on the two 1.4MPIs i drive constantly (some 75000km by now), with no nothing to
notice on the fuel or engine system, and an occasional maxmaxmax in between when those crazy fuelprices across
borders differ by 52 ct/liter (only yesterday).

many greetings - heinz

--------------------
There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction. Thats why the British drive on the left.
+
martin245
post 16 Jun 2008, 09:06
Post #10

EX PAT

QUOTE(heinz57g @ 15 Jun 2008, 20:34)
>> Why do you think we would have missed you ??

simple: anybody born on april 1st must miss me. law of nature. and i still have those left-hand-driving headlights in store ...

Ha !!! I was born on the 10th of sept ! I joined the forum on the first of April biggrin.gif
(You just wanted to get my birthdate so you can send me a bottle of schnapps tongue.gif )

You are right about the filler cap !! I forgot about that and from my military training we had to check the cap on Engine fault finding ahh the grey cells are dimming blink.gif

And as for those lights ! are they adjustable ? and when can you send them I definatly need a pair !
and that guy that is getting 6,6 you should treat him well he is good for the firm with the price of fuel these days Here its 1Euro 50 Normal and Super ohmy.gif
of to work now gotta sell my frozen food
Stu

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
heinz57g
post 16 Jun 2008, 13:48
Post #11

IN PAT

>> You just wanted to get my birthdate so you can send me a bottle of schnapps

the trick worked, no?

>> ahh the grey cells are dimming

thats why on the birthday you omitted the year?

>> ... those lights ! are they adjustable?

i think they auto-adjust, even. mondays through fridays to the right side of the road, and weekends to the left.

the rest was in an email well over a month ago.

>> and that guy that is getting 6,6 you should treat him well

i treat everybody well, dont YOU know? i also managed 6.5 once for quite a stretch (850km), but cannot
average it at all, to much city and aircon and luggagerack and full car and and and.

>> Here its 1 Euro 50 Normal and Super

wait till you get back to the UK, it will be 2 EUR by then.

>> of to work now gotta sell my frozen food

people actually still buy that stuff?

greetings - heinz -

--------------------
+
martin245
post 16 Jun 2008, 18:38
Post #12

EX PAT

the rest was in an email well over a month ago. ??

I never recieved an email a month ago Heinz I have just sent you one regarding the lights though
Hey the fuel in the UK is cheaper than here in Germany and at least the Truckers over there are staging protests someone needs to it is daylight robbery
cu
Stu

My stickers on the Tacho where not a good idea blush.gif It has to be on the Dial (Inside) so I need a scrap tacho just the dial .Are they easy to change ? I bet they are not sad.gif

This post has been edited by martin245: 16 Jun 2008, 20:06

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 00:56
Forum Renault