Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Opinions wanted, About a SAAB 9000 dilema

Boris
post 4 Jul 2006, 06:39
Post #1

Croatian member

Group: Members

Maybe I have an oportunitie to get from my father for free or for a small price a SAAB 9000 2.0 LPT 110 KW. Year 1992, and it has 110 000 km. Consumption in the city is cca 12 l/100 km.

He was the first and only owner, and he drives normaly. The mileage is lowe because does not drive much.

He's buying a new car, trying to sell this one, and so far he can not get what he set as the lowest price.

My wife and I have been thinking about a second car, but as a thing that would be realized a bit later.

This is one way of doing it, but I'm a bit worried about the price of maintainance and consumption. My wife is worried a lot about those things.

I must say I'm in love with the car smile.gif

Opinions?

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.6 2005 + LPG Landi Renzo sequent
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
argon
post 4 Jul 2006, 07:15
Post #2

Mesaj semiautomat

Great car, excelent fuel consumption, the car has 143 HP..what do you expect?

Go for it...i would....

This post has been edited by argon: 4 Jul 2006, 07:16

--------------------
Renault Laguna 2007 - 2.0 DCI 16v 180
Fara turbo, viata e pustiu.
+
dizzy
post 4 Jul 2006, 08:10
Post #3

Work smart not hard!

It's a SAAB, it will live a long life!
As I saw on Discovery Channel, the parts are not very expensive but very good quality. I would buy any time such a SAAB from the first owner.
So... GO 4 IT!
It's a great car to travel long trips, confortable and powerfull, especially if it has air conditioned.

--------------------
Whirpool ex Dacia Logan 2005 - B zzz SXX
Stupidity is a more dangerous enemy of the good than evil.
I have no time to battle egos and small minds.
+
Boris
post 4 Jul 2006, 09:22
Post #4

Croatian member

QUOTE(dizzy @ 4 Jul 2006, 08:10)
It's a SAAB, it will live a long life!
As I saw on Discovery Channel, the parts are not very expensive but very good quality. I would buy any time such a SAAB from the first owner.
So... GO 4 IT!
It's a great car to travel long trips, confortable and powerfull, especially if it has air conditioned.

Yes it has air conditioning, on board computer, leather seats, the whole works.

I must say I'm all for it. OK, I still have a few doubts about total cost of ownership for such a car, but the car is a dream.

We'll see, if he manages to sell it I won't have the dilema any more. BTW the lowes price he's asking for is 2500 EUR, and it seems that he can not get that for the car.

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.6 2005 + LPG Landi Renzo sequent
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
+
pegas
post 4 Jul 2006, 10:24
Post #5

Membru autentic

well... if you can get replacement parts at your location without too much trouble, then, it seems like a very good deal. especially if you know the owner and the car's history.

go get it!

--------------------
Renault Clio Symbol 2001/Dinamyque, 1.4 16V
+
sorin_f39
post 4 Jul 2006, 10:35
Post #6

Ferrari fan

QUOTE(Boris @ 4 Jul 2006, 07:39)
Maybe I have an oportunitie to get from my father for free or for a small price a SAAB 9000 2.0 LPT 110 KW. Year 1992, and it has 110 000 km. Consumption in the city is cca 12 l/100 km.

You are talking about a car which is from 1992 ..... that means 14 year old??????
Man, think twice before to make a wrong step forward. I agree that SAAB is a very good manufacturer and its cars are very strong, but a car like this needs much money for its servicing. And I presume that you want to drive it, to have fun with it, not to keep it in your garage.
I understood from your mesage that you don't have to much money. If so, my advice is: don't buy it. All these are available if you "are thinking" with the brain.

If you "are thinking" with the heart, and you love the car, then, what can I say, buy it! But be prepared to get out a lot of money from your pocket. Because any fun costs......

--------------------
Renault Megane 2.2 Bicorp Dynamique 1.6 16V (2007) - GL
I'm the freedom man / That's how lucky I am.
+
dacialover
post 25 Jan 2009, 22:14
Post #7

Membru incepator

I think you should focus on new or very recent cars because they are the most economical. It doesn't matter that it's not a Mercedes, as long as it's practical! Hint: GET A DACIA...

--------------------
Dacia Logan 2 Prestige 2008 - AG-08-LGN
+
slider2
post 31 Jan 2009, 22:19
Post #8

doar membru si atat

I don't want to be mean, but the topic is 3 years old, I think by now he got a car, maybe even change it tongue.gif .

This post has been edited by slider2: 31 Jan 2009, 22:19

--------------------
symboala neagra 2008
mormantul n-are decat o singura usa... intrarea... atat.
+
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 18:35
Forum Renault