> Republic of Moldova

stoianco
post 29 Oct 2006, 23:34
Post #1

Membru

Group: Members

QUOTE(jaksa @ 30 Oct 2006, 00:12)
Eventually, we all will speak romanian biggrin.gif smile.gif

Be sure what you want before take action to get it... smile.gif In Moldova Republic the romanian is one of the two official languages. Now the head of Moldova's people blame Romanians that we have "forced" them to learn romanian when their mothers and grand-mathers all speak this languages...On the other side more than 15 % of them usked to be citisens of Romania! I hate politics!

Regading the 4wd car imagine a verrrrrrry old base platform (Renault 12 - I think 1968) with a lot of modifications: addapted to be pickup with 2 or 4 sits, modified rear axel, a newer engine (198X), addapted gear box to get the 4wd... no wonder that it has so many problems...

--------------------
Dacia Logan PRESTIGE 2006
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
Schatten
post 30 Oct 2006, 03:00
Post #2

Membru incepator

The Republic of Moldova is acctually a part of the romanian ancient province of Moldova, so Moldova has always been romanian land. I hope that someday that part of Moldova will return to the motherland.

--------------------
Renault Megane Scenic 1.6 16v 2004
Dacia Logan Prestige 1.6 16v 2006
+
Marty
post 30 Oct 2006, 08:32
Post #3

Membru cu privire de ansamblu

I hope not! rugaciune.gif

--------------------
Gillette De unica folosinta 2011 - B 999 NAM
Mindru absolvent de grup scolar.
+
george_slz
post 30 Oct 2006, 20:38
Post #4

Membru autentic

-----
public warn for xenophobia cf. art. 2 lit. c
message deleted by moderator

This post has been edited by klaus: 30 Oct 2006, 21:17

--------------------
dacia Astra H Cosmo 2008 - b xx sef
+
martin245
post 30 Oct 2006, 20:59
Post #5

EX PAT

Moderator Now I hope you Ban this member without any warnings
What he has written is RACIST
Stu

--------------------
dacia logan 14 mpi Simply RED 2007 - GB 1
Bessy Regs
+
zodrac
post 30 Oct 2006, 21:07
Post #6

Membru autentic

offtpic: what george_slz wrote It's close to racist but this si called xenophobia.

--------------------
Dacia Logan Ambition 1.5 dCi - iunie 2006
+
martin245
post 30 Oct 2006, 21:17
Post #7

EX PAT

On Topic!!!!
Its all the same and should and WILL not be accepted
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenophobia
Angry
Stu

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
jaksa
post 30 Oct 2006, 22:04
Post #8

Membru incepator

Ok, please leave politics out of this forum.

--------------------
Ford Mondeo 1.8TD Estate - Serbian
+
martin245
post 30 Oct 2006, 22:13
Post #9

EX PAT

Jaksa
Good Politics do not involve Racist activity
But ok lets leave this one out
Stu
THE Brit
how can a racist write in a language other than his own ????

This post has been edited by martin245: 30 Oct 2006, 22:13

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
DragosP
post 31 Oct 2006, 07:37
Post #10

Nu zic nimic...nou

Group: Moderatori

QUOTE(Marty @ 30 Oct 2006, 08:32)
I hope not! rugaciune.gif

My grand father had this words: "We want Moldova, but we don't want the Moldavians!" wink.gif

--------------------
Ceva de plastic . . - BRRC
Scuze celor pe care i-am supãrat!
Cu noi este Dumnezeu!
+
Boris
post 31 Oct 2006, 08:54
Post #11

Croatian member

Is there a real chance of reunion or are this just wishes from some of the members?

I don't know, but from what I read I think a reunion would be a great financial burden to Romania.

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.6 2005 + LPG Landi Renzo sequent
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
+
vv
post 31 Oct 2006, 10:04
Post #12

dilbert.com

I think the chances are about as high as having Yugoslavia "reunited" smile.gif
The people used to be romanian, mostly. In fact, the differences in the language are may be even smaller than the differences between different languages within former Yugoslavia.
But, after the Soviet Union took the country, they brought in a lot of russians, and deported a lot of romanians; I think romanins are still a majority, but other "minorities" are quite significant.

It is important to note that for some reason, Moldavians don't want to reunite with Romania; they are mostly pro-russian, I think. And now, less and less romanians want to reunite with Moldova, because of its obvious economical, political, social problems (we have enough problems of our own... a union with Moldova would even push Romania into an internal armed conflict in the Transnistria region - not something that we are eager to have).

--------------------
Renault Grand Scenic 2008 - B.00.XXX
It is final proof of god's omnipotence that he needs not exist in order to save us.
+
MoneyTalks
post 31 Oct 2006, 10:07
Post #13

-

QUOTE(Boris @ 31 Oct 2006, 07:54)
Is there a real chance of reunion

I hope NONE in the next 1,000 years! mad.gif We do NOT need them! mad.gif

or are this just wishes from some of the members?

Yes, as long as Romania will join EU, the people of Moldova want to be part of EU also. icon_mrgreen.gif Otherwise they wouldn't have been interested to be romanian citizens... tongue.gif

--------------------
Lexus ES300H 2020
Religia a aparut cind primul ticalos s-a intilnit cu primul prost

Never underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups
+
Schatten
post 31 Oct 2006, 10:16
Post #14

Membru incepator

Nice words...and btw Stefan the Great has been designated the greatest romanian of all times...eh, another dumb moldavian isn't it Money???

--------------------
Renault Megane Scenic 1.6 16v 2004
Dacia Logan Prestige 1.6 16v 2006
+
13nov
post 31 Oct 2006, 10:25
Post #15

Membru autentic

We don't want them, they don't want us, so its simple. We are somehow like two adult brothers, we don't need to live in the same house to maintain our relations. Our wifes also do not like each otehr very well, our new wife is EU, theirs is mother Russia.

This post has been edited by 13nov: 31 Oct 2006, 10:30

--------------------
OPEL ASTRA GTC 1.9 CDTI 2008
Clio III 1.5 dci Privilege
+
Marty
post 31 Oct 2006, 11:49
Post #16

QUOTE(Schatten @ 31 Oct 2006, 10:16)
Nice words...and btw Stefan the Great has been designated the greatest romanian of all times...eh, another dumb moldavian isn't it Money???

Cioroianu made everything possible to keep Antonescu away from the votes. Think about this!

--------------------
+
lecar
post 31 Oct 2006, 14:19
Post #17

Membru

Some strange things have been written on this topic, so I think that knowing some facts about the Republic of Moldova might help.

Demographics:
78% Moldovans/Romanians
8.4% Ukrainians
5.9% Russians

Language:
There is no such thing as a different Moldovan language. The difference is even smaller than the one between the German and the Austrian (which doesn't even exist) languages. In ex-Yugoslavia there are huge differences between Serb/Croat/Macedonian/Slovenian, but it is not the case between Romanian and the so-called Moldovan languages. It is just politics in this case.

An eventual Union of the two countries it's probably not going to be done in the next few years, but my personal opinion is that on the long term it is inevitable. Fifty years of strong Russification is significant in itself, but it is close to nothing when comparing to the long common history, culture and national identity. However, as I said, it is unlikely to see the Union happening in the next 10 years or so, and this is because of the low standard of living in both countries. At the moment the priority for everyone seems to be economic development and probably this is fair enough. But it will certainly change after a while.

--------------------
Fiat Coupe 16v Turbo 195CP - -
+
vv
post 31 Oct 2006, 15:13
Post #18

dilbert.com

@lecar - tell this to moldavians (that they speak romanian not moldavian), see what they believe wink.gif
And there are a lot of so-called differences, for example "ingredients"="ingrediente"="cecuprinde" (written in a single word)etc. For romanian speakers, see this wikipedia link:
http://ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limba_moldoveneasc%C4%83
For english speakers, wikipedia is less complete:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moldovan_language#Controversy
but this article is also interesting to understand more about how close moldavians are to Romania vs. Russia:
http://www.east-west-wg.org/cst/cst-mold/a_dia.html

This post has been edited by vv: 31 Oct 2006, 15:15

--------------------
It is final proof of god's omnipotence that he needs not exist in order to save us.
+
lecar
post 31 Oct 2006, 16:21
Post #19

Membru

vv, different languages mean different languages. The example you gave is ridiculous. And to expain this to non-Romanian speakers:

The term used in Romania for ingredients is "ingrediente", which obviously is a neologism. The same term is used in the Republic of Moldova, along with another one (less used), which is "cecuprinde". Translating this term from Romanian into English gives something like "Whatitcontains". To conclude, any Romanian understands the term "cecuprinde" as it is formed by adding together the Romanian word "ce" (what) with the Romanian word "cuprinde" (contains).

Fifty years of isolation between the people living in the Republic of Moldova and the Romanian Academy (regulating the Romanian language) led to some (very few) neologisms introduced in Romanian that were not spread in the Republic of Moldova. But a language is not formed in 50 years, and I am sure that everyone is aware of this.

The difference between the language spoken in the Republic of Moldova and the one spoken in Bucharest is no larger than the difference between the one spoken in Cluj (Romania) and the one spoken in Bucharest. There are some natural regionalisms, but they are not even different dialects. Not to mention different languages.

Even the Academy of Sciences of Moldova, which regulates the language in the Republic of Moldova, calls the language Romanian. What more do you want? Trying to say something different is just cheap politics.

--------------------
+
MoneyTalks
post 31 Oct 2006, 17:09
Post #20

-

QUOTE(Schatten @ 31 Oct 2006, 09:16)
Stefan the Great has been designated the greatest romanian of all times

I am sure you don't want to know what Stefan the Great was really...

--------------------
Lexus ES300H 2020
Religia a aparut cind primul ticalos s-a intilnit cu primul prost

Never underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups
+
vv
post 31 Oct 2006, 18:09
Post #21

dilbert.com

@lecar, I do agree, I just told you that I saw a moldavian product which had the "romanian" translation (it was sold in Romania). So, aparently, that "cheap politics" prevails, and they prefer to say that "ingrediente" is not a "moldavian" word. It is the moldavians (some of them... but unfortunately, the majority, from what I know) who insist that they are not romanians - that was my point. So, as long as they insist that they speak a different language... so be it, fine with me, who am I to argue the contrary?
BTW, do you know that moldavian has its own codepage (which is different from romanian)?

--------------------
+
Marty
post 31 Oct 2006, 18:36
Post #22

Funny thing that romanians are arguing in english on a romanian forum. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
+
lecar
post 31 Oct 2006, 19:14
Post #23

Membru

vv, as far as I know (and I don't know much on this issue), there are different codepages for Romanian (Moldova) and Russian (Moldova). This of course does not mean that there is another Russian/Moldovan language, just as like there isn't a different Romanian/Moldovan language... :-)

Marty, it's not arguing (hopefully), but you're right, it's quite funny anyway. Probably that's why it seems like we will get the EU commissioner post for multilingualism. :-)

--------------------
+
Boris
post 31 Oct 2006, 20:17
Post #24

Croatian member

I looks like I warmed up an allready spirited disscussion smile.gif

As for:
"I said, it is unlikely to see the Union happening in the next 10 years or so"

10 years is a long, long time. If politicians change a lot of things can change radically in 10 years.
Belive me!
Been there, winessed that smile.gif

--------------------
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
+
lucianac79
post 31 Oct 2006, 21:14
Post #25

Well Boris, don`t get me wrong, but i think you are mistakeing, nothing is going to change in Romania in the next 10 years (hopefully nothing bad). We are probablly the slowest moving people in all the world. Separations happen faster than unions, so the only possible union betwen this two states, Romania and Republic of Moldova would happend inside the EU borders. But that is improbable if not imposible.

This post has been edited by lucianac79: 31 Oct 2006, 21:14

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 2010 - .
+
Marty
post 31 Oct 2006, 22:02
Post #26

Boris, is not about politicians, is about people! I think that more than 60% of the romanians are against union with Moldavia. It's quite the same situation in Moldavia.

--------------------
+
Boris
post 1 Nov 2006, 09:32
Post #27

Croatian member

QUOTE(Marty @ 31 Oct 2006, 21:02)
Boris, is not about politicians, is about people!

You couldn't be more wrong! It's all about politicians, and what you hear and see in the media every day.

Remember Nixon's visit to China!

Somewhere around 1970. the was a survey among Americans to see what do they think about Chinese, and the results where very bad.

Then they started broadcasting Shows about China history and culture on TV, the famous ping-pong diplomacy started (the American ping-pong team visited China in 1971), and so on, and so on.

They re-did the survey in 1972, and the results where quite different.

Nixon visited China in 1972.

Politicians can, if they want to (if they have an interest), change the public opinion (or manipulate the masses) significantly in a couple of years.

As for Romania and Moldova, I really don't have an opinion on what should or shouldn't be done. I was just a question, nothing more.

--------------------
+
Marty
post 1 Nov 2006, 10:16
Post #28

Romanian politicians are PRO union with Moldavia. Romanian citizens are not so convinced that this would be such a good thing for our economy and social enviroment.
On the other side of the border, the moldavians are so proud of themselves, they consider us an inferior nation. Like...we are bad, they are good; we are stupid, they are brilliant minded; we are all corrupted, they are all honest and altruistic. They belive that an union with Romania will destroy their living standard.

I would like to tell you you that in the past 16 years, romanian authorities (Gov.ro, and so) have done several attempts to warm a little bit the relationship between Bucharest and Kishinew. Cultural activities such "Flower bridge over Prut" took place every now and then for few years. The event died because of Moldavian authorities.
Romanian Ministry of Education offered some free university schoolarships for moldavian students. The Gov.md refused them, telling that their universities are better than ours.
Please allow me to give 'em a big showfinger.gif and to wish them a warm "FUCK OFF!! Stay where you are!"

P.S.: Of course they are not ALL like this!

This post has been edited by Marty: 1 Nov 2006, 10:29

--------------------
+
Boris
post 1 Nov 2006, 10:39
Post #29

Croatian member

Jou just confirmed what I said that's it's a political problem and politicians are by far the most responsible ones.

If it's not politicians from both sides that are fu**ed up, it's politicians from side A or side B. Politicians from one side are enough, I know.

This post has been edited by Boris: 1 Nov 2006, 10:39

--------------------
+
BlaueCorsa
post 1 Nov 2006, 10:50
Post #30

Membru cu Prafuitor

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Marty. The Soviet regime brainwashed most of them. They were taught that Romania is the enemy and that they are a different people. Plus, some of them say Romania is an artificial state (that's rather weird, an artificial state where everyone speaks the same language?! - there are no dialects inside Romania, only slight regional differences). My hometown is very near the Romanian-Moldavian border and I see they are getting poorer (some of them sell all kinds of cheap merchandise in our markets) and those who still have common sense are trying to get Romanian citizenship.

Moldova was, is and will be a Romanian territory, but I'm against the union. Not only because it would affect our economy, but also because most of them do not deserve it. They should remain the slaves of Russia until they are able to think again.

EDIT: Moldavian is no longer identical with Romanian - it's an involuted form of Romanian, due to the long exposure to Russian (neologisms, for example, have different origins).

This post has been edited by vyrus: 1 Nov 2006, 10:53

--------------------
Dacia / Renault Duster / Captur 2018 Confort / 2015 Authentique
Mon amour, tu es la lumière de mes jours...
sans numéro! sans numéro! sans numéro!
+
2 Pages  1 2 >
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 16:10
Forum Renault