User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
g100sic
post 29 Jan 2008, 20:43
Post #122

Membru autentic

Group: Members

Greetings to Taba, nice having people here from all corners of the world! smile.gif

Regarding your problem, if you dig a bit deeper through this forum you may find links to all kinds of manuals and schematics, including wiring diagram (I know I did smile.gif...), and it may be an interesting reading, but if you are an average user of the car, if you are not some kind of professional, you should go to the authorized service and complain about it. Needles to say that you will break the warranty if you just put your little finger on the wiring unauthorized!

BTW, what is the warranty policy on Logan/Tondar in Iran?

--------------------
Ford Fiesta 1.4 (96 HP) 2010 / Trend (Flex Pack 11)
Never argue with a fool -- people might not notice the difference! (Murphy's First Law of Debate)
+
taba
post 30 Jan 2008, 17:23
Post #123

Membru incepator

Hi dear g100sic, It is very nice for me to find great friends like you, Peykan, Kake, and others around the world.
I guess I have searched here and read all messages, but I will do it again (may be I didn't see the diagrams that you refered to.

Tondar (Logan) has a 40,000 Km or 24 months warranty in Iran.
I preffer to solve my car's problems as far as possible because unfortunately car manufacturers don't provide good and fast services for their customers usually.

I think I could do some professional works on my car, specially checking some electrical and mechanical parts to solve small problems. Although I need technical data and information about my car first, and proper tools next.

--------------------
Iran Khodro Logan 1.6 16v (Tondar 90) 2007 - E1CPSP
+
g100sic
post 31 Jan 2008, 00:14
Post #124

Membru autentic

I didn't mean that those links were in this topic, I found them in some other topic inside "Logan English corner", but unfortunately I can't remember anymore what topic was that.

Fortunately though, I did download a couple of interesting documents, so I will give you here their names and you shouldn't have to much trouble "googleing" them out smile.gif. They are too big though to just attach them right here.

So, look for these:
MR389LOGAN0.pdf
MR388LOGAN1.pdf
MR388LOGAN3.pdf
MR388LOGAN8.pdf
logan - schema.pdf

You will find a lot of useful information. The last 2 documents contain information on electrics, but unfortunately the last one is in Romanian language.

--------------------
Never argue with a fool -- people might not notice the difference! (Murphy's First Law of Debate)
+
martin245
post 31 Jan 2008, 08:35
Post #125

EX PAT

--------------------
dacia logan 14 mpi Simply RED 2007 - GB 1
Bessy Regs
+
Uri
post 22 Apr 2008, 21:48
Post #126

Membru incepator

These are not my problems, just findings from different forums.

First I have to apologize that the meaning of car terms is pretty obscure to me even in languages that I know much better that English… So here it comes.

German Dacia forums - not much problems with the car but interestingly the more expensive the model, the less it tends to take “repair calls.”

Different users from Auto24 Estonian car forum

After 42.000 km, bearing of a first wheel
76.000 km, and just tanking
80.000 km, and just tanking
100.000 km – changed rack (or pinion) of the steering system, a bearing of a first wheel, first brakes’ pads, bushings of both first wheels’ suspension. AND – corrosion! Around the filler neck. The car had a metallic paint. The owner sold the car and bought a new Renault Thalia instead.
130 000 km. First bearings have been changed, and maybe should change the shock absorbers as well (all of them). Else, it's been just driving.

This post has been edited by Uri: 22 Apr 2008, 21:49

--------------------
Dacia Logan 2006
+
Boris
post 1 May 2008, 10:20
Post #127

Croatian member

QUOTE(g100sic @ 30 Jan 2008, 23:14)

So, look for these:
MR389LOGAN0.pdf
MR388LOGAN1.pdf
MR388LOGAN3.pdf
MR388LOGAN8.pdf
logan - schema.pdf

Here are the links fro the English documents:

General vehicle information

Engine and lower engine assembly

Chassis

Electrical Equipment

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.6 2005 + LPG Landi Renzo sequent
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
+
taba
post 1 May 2008, 10:59
Post #128

Membru incepator

QUOTE(Boris @ 1 May 2008, 11:50)

Thanks Boris
Do you know a place to download other english documents (e.g. MR388LOGAN5)?

--------------------
+
Boris
post 1 May 2008, 19:37
Post #129

Croatian member

QUOTE(taba @ 1 May 2008, 09:59)
Thanks Boris
Do you know a place to download other english documents (e.g. MR388LOGAN5)?

No I don't, I just followed the instrucrions from the posts above and thats how i found these.

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.6 2005 + LPG Landi Renzo sequent
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
+
Keka
post 15 May 2008, 19:02
Post #130

Logan driver :P

Well, this morning I found surprise on parking lot: some idiot scratched my back wing, from back left door to the boot and bonnet on two spots. I was so pissed..... mad.gif

It's not mechanical issue, but it is a problem. I'll upload some pictures for weekend and try to minimise damage with politure.

--------------------
Dacia Logan 2004 1.6 MPI Laureat pack LPG by Dora - Kadett 1.6D 1983
+
Keka
post 16 May 2008, 20:25
Post #131

Here are pictures before and politure I used

and this is how it looks after.....I'm not very happy, it is still quite visible, and i'm not into painting one quarter of a car because of this wacko.gif

This post has been edited by Keka: 16 May 2008, 20:29

Attached thumbnail(s)
Nazad1.jpg ( Size: 174.63k ) Number of downloads: 1997
Nazad2.jpg ( Size: 249.73k ) Number of downloads: 2227
Nazad3.jpg ( Size: 225.27k ) Number of downloads: 402
Sonax_Renault.jpg ( Size: 298.58k ) Number of downloads: 440
1Nazad.jpg ( Size: 181.74k ) Number of downloads: 1778
2Nazad.jpg ( Size: 192.08k ) Number of downloads: 1636
3Nazad.jpg ( Size: 206.7k ) Number of downloads: 1688

--------------------
+
taba
post 25 May 2008, 14:10
Post #132

Membru incepator

A simple but unfortunately serious problem has been arised for some Logans in Iran. A minor leakage of oil from a screw above the polley of valves in their K4M engine, cause a major problem because it defects the timing belt. Due to this problem the timing belt may be dameged and some pollies may stop when others are running, so the valves may conflicts and accident with pistons, causing a major damage to the engine. Is this problem exist for other friends?

--------------------
+
martin245
post 25 May 2008, 17:58
Post #133

EX PAT

What you mean is that oil is leaking from the Rocker cover this is the cover that covers up the tappets .If this is the problem your car dealer MUST repair it on Garantee .The oil can contaminate the timing belt which could break and then the Tappets all stay down in the Cylinder and get smashed to pieces by the Piston
GET IT SEEN TO
Stu

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
taba
post 26 May 2008, 07:04
Post #134

Membru incepator

Yes dear Stu, you are right. The dealer accepts repairing because it is at the Garantee period, but unfortunately due to some problems the required spare parts (6 pcs.) are rare in Iran and we must wait for them!

--------------------
+
Keka
post 26 May 2008, 17:10
Post #135

And I thought that engine is chain driven blink.gif

Does anyone has idea how much cost service at 60.000 km and what is supposed to be changed?

--------------------
+
g100sic
post 28 May 2008, 21:49
Post #136

Membru autentic

Just this evening I had a very nasty problem with my car. During the drive some indicators on the dashboard started flashing, LCD display dimmed a couple of times, and when I stopped it wouldn't start again! When I called the service, they assumed that the battery was empty and advised me to jump-start it with a help of another car by crossover cables, but that didn't help either. Unfortunately I was unable to check the battery voltage on the spot.

29 May 2008, 14:20:
A man from the dealership came on the spot this morning right away after I called them. He had a new battery with him, replaced it, and the car started normally with the new accu. While I was waiting for them, I checked the voltage myself, and it was 10.4 V, but was dropping more of 1 V on just locking or unlocking the car (this model has a remote RF locking key).

What is strange about the whole thing, is that the battery is of a maintenance free type with a 3-color indicator: green if it's OK (and not empty!!!), black if it is empty, and white if it has to be replaced. So, by the voltmeter measurement obviously the battery is empty, and by it's own indication it is not!?!

I did some measurements with this new battery also. Engine running - 13.8 V, engine stopped - 12.4 V, drop of voltage on locking/unlocking the car - no more then 0.25 V.

I'll still have to go to the service for checking on the diagnostic computer, and I suppose they will have to check for electrical current leaks also... If they don't, I'll have to insist biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by g100sic: 29 May 2008, 15:20

--------------------
+
martin245
post 29 May 2008, 16:07
Post #137

EX PAT

I would say it was a knackered battery !!! It does happen
Stu

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
g100sic
post 29 May 2008, 20:00
Post #138

Membru autentic

Yes, my wild guess exactly.
Anyway... it works (so far) after replacement, and that's what matters.

--------------------
+
g100sic
post 2 Jun 2008, 11:21
Post #139

Membru autentic

Diagnostics were OK on Saturday, no electrical leakages.

So, it turned out to be a case of faulty battery. And the guy at the garage told me (in confidence) that those batteries for the first installation are "of not such good quality", and that things like that happen. My bad luck again! But then if I think again, maybe in fact I was really lucky, this could have happened in a month time when I would be on the vacation in Greece, maybe even on the open road... Now, that would be really nasty!!!

--------------------
+
Peja
post 30 Jun 2008, 11:52
Post #140

Membru incepator

Maby it is ussusal for Dacia Logan, but it is unussual for me smile.gif
and probably it is not a problem. My new Logan is about 350km.

When I push brake pedal, and car stops, and then go back cause of inertion, strange ound apeears from brakes, something like dullys craping until car stop again. Same sound happens when car go backwards on downhil and slightl push brake pedal.

this type of Logan dont have ABS.
In normal driving it brakes normaly

--------------------
Dacia Logan 1.4MPI Preference + AC Apr 2008
http://loganimprovements.blogspot.com
+
heinz57g
post 30 Jun 2008, 15:53
Post #141

IN PAT

peja, i was told never to judge a woman after the first kiss only! that was a very
long time ago, but your 350km is what most people drive in 3+ hours, and you
are not even close to the first kiss, yet.

give it some time: the car (ANY car!) was stored somewhere, sometimes for quite
some time, and break disks accumulate rust then, quickly. that could be the thing
you are hearing. it will go away soon, or you can push it to be faster: drive for a
few km's with your foot on the brake, ever so lightly. not to get them burning hot
(you would smell this), but just to get the dirt off. the brake pads will clean and
get used to the disks, and all will be silent within a few hundred km's.

greetings - heinz -

This post has been edited by heinz57g: 30 Jun 2008, 16:19

--------------------
DACIA LOGANs, several 2004 - 2008
There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction. Thats why the British drive on the left.
+
g100sic
post 11 Jul 2008, 10:18
Post #142

Membru autentic

Peja, even after nearly 10000 km I can still here some sounds from the breaks, it is a kind of grinding noise that can be heard for a very short time when the car is stopped on the downhill and then you let the breaks slightly. And that's all! But that's nothing compared to the squeaking and squealing my old Samara's breaks were producing and they were working perfectly to the very last day I owned it biggrin.gif

And now me... biggrin.gif
During the drive back from vacation from Greece, I noticed something that I wouldn't call a problem, but certainly was unexpected under the circumstances. Driving a loaded car (4 of us + luggage), doing 120-130 km/h, 3500-4000 rpms, on a VERY hot day (nearly 40 deg C), i noticed that a temperature indication on the dashboard dropped DOWN to 2 lines instead a regular 4!!! I've had a couple of longer drives during colder months before, and that wasn't happening then.

--------------------
+
martin245
post 11 Jul 2008, 17:30
Post #143

EX PAT

This just shows that your thermostat is working ok and your fan is coming on when the motor is getting hot
Stu

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
heinz57g
post 11 Jul 2008, 19:14
Post #144

IN PAT

>> ... something ... not a problem ... unexpected ... temperature .... DOWN to 2 lines instead a regular 4!!!

g100sic, stu is right, for once: the fastest one of the fan speeds cools down a bit to fast, but it happens seldom and
corrects itself within minutes.

but it also is the typical DACIA reaction when the car does not like something that the owner is doing. like when 3 of 4
passengers are solidly asleep during a trip, the car naturally gets annoyed and feels neglected, and has to show some
reaction somewhere.

greetings - heinz -

--------------------
There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction. Thats why the British drive on the left.
+
marksman
post 11 Jul 2008, 21:46
Post #145

Post mortem nihil est

QUOTE(g100sic @ 11 Jul 2008, 11:18)

And now me... biggrin.gif
During the drive back from vacation from Greece, I noticed something that I wouldn't call a problem, but certainly was unexpected under the circumstances. Driving a loaded car (4 of us + luggage), doing 120-130 km/h, 3500-4000 rpms, on a VERY hot day (nearly 40 deg C), i noticed that a temperature indication on the dashboard dropped DOWN to 2 lines instead a regular 4!!! I've had a couple of longer drives during colder months before, and that wasn't happening then.

QUOTE(martin245 @ 11 Jul 2008, 18:30)
This just shows that your thermostat is working ok and your fan is coming on when the motor is getting hot
Stu

Sorry to disappoint both of you guys, but that means that the thermostat is faulty. The problem is well known in the Romanian section of Dacia Logan. The faulty thermostat is locking open thus allowing the coolant to flow through the radiator.

Translation of the test procedure (to find if the thermostat is at fault):

CODE

In the morning you should pop the hood open then start the engine. If there's no coolant flowing to the expansion "pot" then the thermostat is shut. As the coolant heats up the thermostat opens and coolant starts flowing into the "pot". But you should be patient, as it takes about 10 minutes.

If the thermostat is faulty you can even change it yourself; it will cost about 1 EUR (the thermostat, that is) and you lose almost 1 liter of coolant in the process.

--------------------
Opel / Mazda Crossland X / CX-30 2019 / 2020
Charlie Foxtrot
+
martin245
post 11 Jul 2008, 22:05
Post #146

EX PAT

Sorry to disappoint both of you guys, but that means that the thermostat is faulty. The problem is well known in the Romanian section of Dacia Logan. The faulty thermostat is locking open thus allowing the coolant to flow through the radiator.

In my oppinion that is utter rubbish because the temp went up and then went down UNDER LOAD if the thermostat was locked open it would not get the temp
up quickly thus causing a higher fuel consumption due to the choke being on for longer
It is a normal procedure that the Fan comes on under load and cools the motor
You will also notice that this can even happen when you park your car and take out the Keys
Once the motor has reached its working temp it opens the thermostat

IN WINTER THE THERMOSTAT OPENS AND CLOSES DUE TO THE COLD AND HELPS REGULATE YOUR FUEL CONSUMPTION

BELIEVE ME
stu

So this is a normal thing to happen and you must not worry about it and also dont forget the Fan can still turn whan switched off

This post has been edited by martin245: 12 Jul 2008, 09:34

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
g100sic
post 11 Jul 2008, 23:00
Post #147

Membru autentic

IllusiOn, I doubt that the thermostat is faulty, because the temperature was going both up an down during a trip several times, and as I switched from highway to motorway and the speed went down to around 100km/h and less, the indication stabilized to a normal 4 lines.

Actually, I think what Heinz said makes the most sense, because indeed the rest of my family was asleep while this was happening!!!

--------------------
+
cubik
post 13 Jul 2008, 17:49
Post #148

Membru incepator

65000 km. Has replaced a cable of an accelerator
118573740.jpg
118573736.jpg
118573744.jpg
Has replaced a water pomp at 60000 km.
117291886.jpg
117291886.jpg

--------------------
renaulte Duster from Moscow 2012
I live in Moscow
+
heinz57g
post 13 Jul 2008, 18:57
Post #149

IN PAT

cubik, did you see, or did they tell you how this happened? the cable looks like it was scratching somewhere, which
from the postion should be easy to determine where and why.

the water pump looks like it had a leak (gasket ?) somehwere, which usually is noticable well before it breaks. it shows
drops on the floor, but the smaller the leak is, the smaller or even non-existant they are.

how expensive were the repairs? were they the first real ones in 65000km?

greetings - heinz -

This post has been edited by heinz57g: 13 Jul 2008, 18:59

--------------------
+
Loganovac
post 14 Jul 2008, 06:28
Post #150

Membru incepator

Guys, please note that Cubik is driving Renault Logan, not genuine Dacia! This can happen...

Of course, Cubik, I am just kidding. Thanks for the fine photos and I wish you all the best.

--------------------
Dacia Logan 2007 Prestige 1.6 16V + BRC sequent
+
7 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 17:01
Forum Renault