Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> What do you think about Logan?, For all non-Romanian users

bogdan_iuly
post 12 Mar 2005, 22:28
Post #1

Membru incepator

Group: Members

Hy.

If you are not from Romania, what do you think about Logan? I just want to know what other people from other countries think about us, about Dacia, about Romania ...

Thanks.

--------------------
Dacia Logan -
It's nice to be important, but
It's more important to be nice!
------------------------- Scooter
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
DJ Nesta
post 13 Mar 2005, 14:25
Post #2

Membru incepator

Hello,

I am living in the Czech Republic for many years, originally I am from Holland. I bought my Logan Laureate 1.4 some 7 weeks ago. I am very heppay with it. When people see the car, they usually are quite impressed - especially by its size (height), space for driver and for passengers as well as by the large boot. BEfore they started to sell the Logan here, there have been a lot of discussions on the web about it. I think, the majority of reactions were positive, but there are also many people here who remember Dacia from the Dacia 1300 and, for that reason, they will never in their life buy a Dacia. And of course there are people with stupid prejudices about Romania: "nothing good can come from there", "It will be as bad as Oltcit", "Don't buy a gypsy-car" and more of this kind of bullshit.
Many peopla also compare the situation of Dacia with the situation of the Czech carmanudacturer Skoda - it had a very bad image outside of the CR (especially in western-Europe), but since they joined Volkswagen the popularity has gone up very rapidly.

Here in my city I also see regularly new Dacia-pickups (the new cars based on the old 1300 model). I think, Dacia took a part of market from Skoda, which does not produce pick-up cars any more (the Felicia pick-up was the last model, the Fabia does not exist in pick-up version)

My friends and relatives from Holland have seen the Logan only from pictures which I sent them - but in one week I will be driving to Holland to visit my parents and some friends, and then I can see what will be their reactions.

Regards,

Nesta.

(and about Romania - Since end 2003 I am travelling to Romania regularly for work, and although I met in Bucharest with the classical "large city problems" - false policemen who stole my money during "passport control", pick-pockets.. - I am happy that I got to know this country and its people)

--------------------
+
bogdan_iuly
post 13 Mar 2005, 23:20
Post #3

Membru incepator

QUOTE(DJ Nesta @ 13 Mar 2005, 14:25)
My friends and relatives from Holland have seen the Logan only from pictures which I sent them - but in one week I will be driving to Holland to visit my parents and some friends, and then I can see what will be their reactions.

Thanks. After you come back, tell us how it was to drive it ... How comfortable it was, how did the engine run, and other details ... Ok?
I'm happy to see you happy about knowing Romania and its people ...

Bye

--------------------
Dacia Logan -
+
Boris
post 14 Mar 2005, 09:42
Post #4

Croatian member

QUOTE(bogdan_iuly @ 12 Mar 2005, 22:28)
If you are not from Romania, what do you think about Logan? I just want to know what other people from other countries think about us, about Dacia, about Romania ...

Hi,

I really like the Logan. Right now I have a new car and everything is on it is much better than on my old one.

I like the car a lot. I've been on a first trip this weekend with the Logan and I've done about 600 km. I have vent to pick up some things and made full use of the trunk, I could not believe how many boxes I could put in there. The boxes where relatively small so I could stack them tight.

Besides that there's a lot of space in the cabin and it's very comfortable to drive the car. I like the suspension. On my way back it was night, and I really like the lights. Maybe it's because everything is new on this car, but they are much better than some other cars I've driven.

Everything considered I thing it's a very good car for it's class, at least I'm satisfied with it.

And what do I think about Romania I really can't say because I've never been there, I can only guess. It's a European country with a long history so there must be a lot of beautiful historical sites to see. The photos on the net and in the Encarta look very nice.

Boris

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.6 2005 + LPG Landi Renzo sequent
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
+
zvir
post 14 Mar 2005, 11:47
Post #5

Membru incepator

[quote=bogdan_iuly,12 Mar 2005, 22:28]
Hy.

Hello from Israel.

The logan has created a lot of intrest and press articals.
The suituation in Israel Is quite intresting. The Tax on cars is very heavy,
95%, +VAT.
This bring the cost of the car issue to be very important. although
The avarage GDP is 20000 $ per capita, the taxation will ensure that logan
Will have a huge intrest.

Dacia was marketed two times in the past. in 1981, and in 1988. Both
times it created a very negative response Due to relability .

Some people remember that, and everybody wondered why it is going to be badged under the dacia logo rather than Renault.

Anyway, It is going to be marketed in June- July, And it must be with an AC
(It is the law that every car shoukld have an AC )

Another subject: Automatic. The japanese and Korean Cars has created
That 85% of the cars sold, In every segment, is automatic.
That bring a big problem in this issue.

Finally: the reseller. if the price will be attractive and the dealer will give good support, it have a good chance.

Regards

Zvi.

--------------------
Subaru B4 AWD 2.0L - 2222222
+
bogdan_iuly
post 16 Mar 2005, 07:42
Post #6

Membru incepator

QUOTE(Boris @ 14 Mar 2005, 09:42)
And what do I think about Romania I really can't say because I've never been there, I can only guess. It's a European country with a long history so there must be a lot of beautiful historical sites to see. The photos on the net and in the Encarta look very nice.

Yhat's true, but I've seen on some international channels horrible movies that presented Romania ... It's true Romania has some problems, but they didn't remember not one of its beauties ...

QUOTE(zvir @ 14 Mar 2005, 11:47)
The suituation in Israel Is quite intresting.  The Tax on cars is very heavy,
95%, +VAT.
This bring the cost of the car issue to be very important.  although
The avarage GDP is 20000 $ per capita, the taxation  will ensure that logan
Will have a huge intrest.

Dacia was marketed two times in the past. in 1981, and in 1988.  Both
times it created a very negative response Due to relability .

Some people remember that, and everybody wondered why it is going to be badged under the dacia logo rather than Renault.

HUGE tax you have there ... Sorry sad.gif
Maybe the marketing team from Renault was confident that Logan is an european car that could "erase" the bad reliability from the history of Dacia ... I don't know ...

--------------------
Dacia Logan -
+
Boris
post 16 Mar 2005, 11:52
Post #7

Croatian member

QUOTE(bogdan_iuly @ 16 Mar 2005, 07:42)
Yhat's true, but I've seen on some international channels horrible movies that presented Romania ... It's true Romania has some problems, but they didn't remember not one of its beauties ...

I must say that I know very little about Romania. I've looked up some facts since I joined this club. Romania has about 5 times more inhabitans than Croatia, and is about 5 times bigger than Croatia.

You had a bad form of comunism in the past, I think worse than ours was. You are trying to join the EU, and hopefuly will in 2007.

That's about all I know, not very much.

BTW my cable provider is obviously selling some pirate TV chanells so I wach the romanian Discovery Chanel a lot smile.gif. Only the comertials are in Romanian, and I haven't seen one for Logan jet smile.gif

As for teh general opinion, I don't now, but I haven't seen any movies that where showing Romania badly.

--------------------
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
+
AL
post 16 Mar 2005, 14:17
Post #8

QUOTE(Boris @ 16 Mar 2005, 11:52)
I must say that I know very little about Romania. I've looked up some facts since I joined this club. Romania has about 5 times more inhabitans than Croatia, and is about 5 times bigger than Croatia.

You had a bad form of comunism in the past, I think worse than ours was. You are trying to join the EU, and hopefuly will in 2007.

I invite you to came and visit us.... as a lot of romanians travel in your country every year, you should start co come here and know us better! ... I pass through Croatia 3 times (Hungary > Osijek-Zagreb > Slovenia) and once I was in Ronvij for a short vacation.... for 4 days... in the summer of 2003... the route was Hungary (Balaton) >Zagreb > Rijeka > the... tunnel > Rovinj (and cenzurat....you know what means in romanian biggrin.gif )

QUOTE(Boris @ 16 Mar 2005, 11:52)
BTW my cable provider is obviously selling some pirate TV chanells so I wach the romanian Discovery Chanel a lot smile.gif. Only the comertials are in Romanian, and I haven't seen one for Logan jet smile.gif

it is normal!.... until will be waiting lists for Logan (one mounth in this period), no advertising will be neccessary!

--------------------
Skoda KAROQ 2019 - B-21-NEW
+
Boris
post 16 Mar 2005, 14:49
Post #9

Croatian member

QUOTE(AL @ 16 Mar 2005, 14:17)
I invite you to came and visit us.... as a lot of romanians travel in your country every year, you should start co come here and know us better! ... I pass through Croatia 3 times (Hungary > Osijek-Zagreb > Slovenia) and once I was in Ronvij for a short vacation.... for 4 days... in the summer of 2003... the route was Hungary (Balaton) >Zagreb > Rijeka > the... tunnel > Rovinj (and cenzurat....you know what means in  romanian  biggrin.gif )

Rovinj is nice, I've been there a couple of times, just passed through. Last time I had a nice lunch there.

As for the trip to Romania we can continue this on the Travel section smile.gif

cenzurat? No I don't now what that means in Romanian.

--------------------
+
vv
post 16 Mar 2005, 15:10
Post #10

dilbert.com

I think it's about a city which was 'renamed' Pale by our televisions, since its original name (automatically censored by this forum) is the slang for 'penis' smile.gif

--------------------
Renault Grand Scenic 2008 - B.00.XXX
It is final proof of god's omnipotence that he needs not exist in order to save us.
+
Boris
post 16 Mar 2005, 15:17
Post #11

Croatian member

QUOTE(vv @ 16 Mar 2005, 15:10)
I think it's about a city which was 'renamed' Pale by our televisions, since its original name (automatically censored by this forum) is the slang for 'penis' smile.gif

The name of the ... tunel is slang for 'penis', or the name of this city?

--------------------
+
AIX
post 16 Mar 2005, 15:55
Post #12

quite a regular

Name of the city. smile.gif

--------------------
. . .
+
mccoy
post 16 Mar 2005, 16:36
Post #13

Membru autentic

QUOTE(Boris @ 16 Mar 2005, 14:17)
The name of the ... tunel is slang for 'penis', or the name of this city?

The name of that city excl.gif

Pale is near Sarayevo,in Bosnia.

This post has been edited by mccoy: 16 Mar 2005, 16:43

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.6 - ...98-7.
-----------------------------
Divide et impera ... and unite in EU !
+
Boris
post 16 Mar 2005, 16:50
Post #14

Croatian member

QUOTE(mccoy @ 16 Mar 2005, 16:36)
The name of that city excl.gif

Pale is near Sarayevo,in  Bosnia.

Maybe it's Pale, but I guessed it's was "that city" because of the route "Zagreb > Rijeka > the... tunnel > Rovinj (and cenzurat..."

--------------------
+
mccoy
post 16 Mar 2005, 17:00
Post #15

Membru autentic

QUOTE(Boris @ 16 Mar 2005, 15:50)
Maybe it's Pale, but I guessed it's was "that city" because of the route "Zagreb > Rijeka > the... tunnel > Rovinj (and cenzurat..."

The city where Mate Parlov lives excl.gif

" Pale is near Sarayevo,in Bosnia."-political geography for our Roumanian friends.

This post has been edited by mccoy: 16 Mar 2005, 17:04

--------------------
+
mccoy
post 17 Mar 2005, 09:41
Post #16

Membru autentic

Tunnel is Ucka ( Utschka?).

Boris,if you see some nice people taking pictures with road sign of the town where

is famous Roman Arena (and well-known boxer) you may bet with companions that

these smiling faces are tourists from Romania.

Pictures are matter of prestige after arrival from Croatia ... cool.gif

I knew it before.

--------------------
+
Boris
post 17 Mar 2005, 09:46
Post #17

Croatian member

biggrin.gif

There are some other interesting names in Croatia. One of them is Spichkovina smile.gif (ufortunarely this is a joke for croatian and serbian speeking members only)

--------------------
+
Ake
post 17 Mar 2005, 16:45
Post #18

Morderator

Group: Moderatori

It was very interesting, where I found for the first time the original name of this city ( P.U.L.A), Because in all our school books was PALE. When I was about 10 years young, I found an old book (one of the most fascinating story read in my childhood) called (approximative translation) "Red Zora and she's gang" (you know it?) wich in one page had a map with the real name of the city. First i was very confused, and I was ashame tu ask my parents. I showed the book to all my schoolmates until I found the truth.

--------------------
(si) Dacia Logan Laur.1.4
"Desteapta-te Romane! Traiasca capra vecinului! "
(citat dintr-un sticker auto)
+
Boris
post 17 Mar 2005, 17:10
Post #19

Croatian member

No, I don't now the book. Renaming a city sound a bit strange, but we have our own names for other cities allso. So maybe it's not censorship, but just a romanian name for the city.

For example Timisoara is Temičvar, and Bucuresti is Bukurečt in Croatian maps.

--------------------
+
bogdan_iuly
post 17 Mar 2005, 22:32
Post #20

Membru incepator

Sorry guys, but you are off-topic excl.gif excl.gif excl.gif
Back to the subject please ...

--------------------
Dacia Logan -
+
mccoy
post 18 Mar 2005, 01:03
Post #21

Membru autentic

biggrin.gif How yes no…

I don’t believe that Romanians could have their own name for small town far away.

What`s about Italian?Is it Pule? wink.gif

--------------------
+
AL
post 18 Mar 2005, 15:44
Post #22

QUOTE(Boris @ 16 Mar 2005, 14:49)
Rovinj is nice, I've been there a couple of times, just passed through. Last time I had a nice lunch there.

As for the trip to Romania we can continue this on the Travel section  smile.gif

cenzurat? No I don't now what that means in Romanian.

sorry Boris.... the forum change automatically some "ugly" or "prohibited" vords... wink.gif .... P u l a means in romanian penis ....vv already explained to you this... "cenzurat" means in romanian "cut" (eliminated because is in breach of a certain rule).

blush.gif

--------------------
Skoda KAROQ 2019 - B-21-NEW
+
bogdan_iuly
post 28 Mar 2005, 20:49
Post #23

Membru incepator

Isn't there any other people on this forum which are not from Romania and which could say what their opinion is?

--------------------
Dacia Logan -
+
mccoy
post 30 Mar 2005, 14:22
Post #24

Membru autentic

Salutes from Serbia.

I said a lot... wink.gif cool.gif

This post has been edited by mccoy: 30 Mar 2005, 14:22

--------------------
+
dras
post 31 Mar 2005, 17:08
Post #25

Driver

Come on guys. Let's get back to the topic and see some opinions from non-Romanians. 1zhelp00.gif

--------------------
Honda Accord Executive 2007 / 2.0 A/T 155CP - B-74-***
+
DJ Nesta
post 31 Mar 2005, 17:27
Post #26

Membru incepator

QUOTE(bogdan_iuly @ 13 Mar 2005, 22:20)
Thanks. After you come back, tell us how it was to drive it ... How comfortable it was, how did the engine run, and other details ... Ok?
I'm happy to see you happy about knowing Romania and its people ...

Bye

So, back from Holland, after having driven appr. 2400 km.
- People who saw the car were ver impressed by its size, and space for passengers and luggage. It was funny when the car was parked in front of my parents' house in the village where they live: Many people took a lot of time to investigate what kind of car it is, they were walking around it, sometimes turned their car when they passed by to see what kind of vehicle is standing there... Some people were negativley surprised when they learned that you cannot put down the backseats to increase the space in the boot.
- Driving comfort: very o.k., on the motorway I drove 120-140, tried even 150-160, but that is a lot for the 1.4 engine. When driving very fast one little minus becomes clear, and that is the sensitivity for (side)wind. The Logan is high (and the Laureate with 15" wheels is even higher) and not heavy, and when there is strong wind from the side, or you are passing trucks on the motorway, you feel it.
- I am happy with the powersteering also on long straight motorway-tracks. I was curious about it, because most of the Logan-reviews and tests published in the Czech Republic where not positive at all about the powersteering.
- Use of petrol: When seriously trying to keep the use of petrol low (regulary watching the board computer and learning a bit at whch style of driving the use of petrol suddenly gets up) I succeeded to have an average of 6.7/100km according to the board computer. I think that is very well, considering t hat I did not drive ridiculously slow (see above).
- The noise-level is o.k., as long as you do not drive more than 130 km/h (or a biot more, when the motorway goes slightly downhill)
- Once I tanked by mistake a full tank of 91-petrol (unleaded, luckely), this was to be noticed a bit when driving slowly in 3rd/4th gear, but besides that it did not do any harm.

I think, those are the most important impressions. My conclusion: I do not regret having bought this car.

Best regards,

Nesta

--------------------
+
costi
post 31 Mar 2005, 17:33
Post #27

Membru autentic

wow ;
nice surprise having a positive opinion from abroad;
if you read the opinion of the Roamanians ..... smile.gif
your critics are similar to ours: sensitivity to side winds and engine noise above 130
fixed rear seats are also a minus
enjoy your car !

--------------------
DSN/SLZ
+
bogdan_iuly
post 2 Apr 2005, 21:48
Post #28

Membru incepator

QUOTE(DJ Nesta @ 31 Mar 2005, 17:27)
- Driving comfort: very o.k., on the motorway I drove 120-140, tried even 150-160, but that is a lot for the 1.4 engine. When driving very fast one little minus becomes clear, and that is the sensitivity for (side)wind. The Logan is high (and the Laureate with 15" wheels is even higher) and not heavy, and when there is strong wind from the side, or you are passing trucks on the motorway, you feel it.

I had that problem too, with the Ambition model ... It's a common problem ...

- The noise-level is o.k., as long as you do not drive more than 130 km/h (or a biot more, when the motorway goes slightly downhill)

From my experience (and others', too), I tell you that from 3000 rpm to 4000 rpm, the engine is very noisy, but after 4000 rpm, ... i have no words to say it ... it works and sounds superb ... That's my opinion ... I'm looking forward to hearing your's ...

I think, those are the most important impressions. My conclusion: I do not regret having bought this car.

Best regards,

Nesta

I'm glad to hear that ... Thank you for sharing your opinions with us ...

--------------------
Dacia Logan -
+
dras
post 8 Apr 2005, 07:08
Post #29

Driver

Anyone else?
Bad opinions, if any, are also welcome. In fact it would be good to hear if any of you had problems with your Logan.

--------------------
Honda Accord Executive 2007 / 2.0 A/T 155CP - B-74-***
+
Boris
post 12 Apr 2005, 08:00
Post #30

Croatian member

QUOTE(dras @ 8 Apr 2005, 07:08)
Anyone else?
Bad opinions, if any, are also welcome. In fact it would be good to hear if any of you had problems with your Logan.

Well. it seems that no one is willing to write. What is the overall opinion of Romanian owners? There's a lot of posts, but I can't read Romanian, so I don't have a clue.

--------------------
+
2 Pages  1 2 >
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 13:54
Forum Renault