Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Dacia 1300 Wipers
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Other Dacia Models
etvbod
Hi there this is my first post here wahoo smile.gif I have recently bought a 1978 1300 in really good condition. The only problem with it is I need a new wiper switch mechanism as it doesn't work. Can anyone tell me if the switches are the same in all berlina's? And are they easy to buy?
Thanks
Bogdan
Muttley
They're all pretty much the same as far as the mounting goes.
The only differences are in the styling of the switch. Your's has a chromed arm I suppose. That would be the nicest model, since the following ones are full plastic.

The price of a new switch is around 2-3 euros. A used one would normally cost you next to nothing.

Before buying a new one, checking the connector would be nice.

PS: where are you from? Your name is very "romanian"...
etvbod
No mine is plastic I am afraid, I have found one for 35 RON? I am English Ukranian living in Bucharest smile.gif I think it has blown a fuse or something because the wipers dont work anymore and my radio is dead. This is after the switch did however sad.gif
Muttley
If the radio died after the wipers did, it's not the fuse.

35 RONs is too much for that switch. It should cost no more than 10 RONs. Try with a new one and see what happens.
etvbod
Where can I get a new one from? After I was playing with the wiper unit the radio has died and the wipers no longer work.
Muttley
Buy a new one from a parts store. Keep looking untill you find the right price.

The fuse from the radio was probably damaged by touching a metal part of the car with a + wire. Replace the fuse.
etvbod
Right, Ive sorted the radio out, took the fuse out and cleaned it, popped it back job done. smile.gif Now if only I could get that switch sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.