Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Caravan Towing with my MCV Diesel.
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
Barrie
Hi You Guys,

I've just returned from a short holiday at the Mediterranean towing my Caravelair 4 metre Caravan. ( 1 tonne)
The Dacia towed perfectly without a moments cause for concern.
On the autoroute it was able to keep a lively pace in line with all other traffic.
The performance on gradual climbs and steeper hills was pleasantly surprising with no hint of instability. The on board computer recorded 5.5 lts per 100kms.
More than just satisfied, Barrie. biggrin.gif
martin245
Of course Barrie ITS A LOGAN
Pity the other drivers dont realise what a good little car it is
Stu

Hey are you a Brit ???
sonykel
hello guys...
barrie upload some photos
heinz57g
barrie, tks for that report. it fits well in: when not pushed to the extreme (which it
was never made for), the LOGAN, in any version, is a perfect car for those who know
why they bought it, know how to handle it, and know what to ask of it.

greetings - heinz -
Barrie
Hi Stu,

English through and through, born in Surrey, lived in Hampshire, now retired to Haute Garonne, my little bit of heaven.

Regards, Barrie. smile.gif

27 Aug 2008, 17:53:
The photo someone asked for.
Regards Barrie. smile.gif [attachmentid=1627468198]
martin245
I was wondering !!! Heinz put me on the right track (He knows everything eh )
I move back real soon now and I am going to fit beam Benders on the lights
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/METRO-BEAM-BENDERS-U...808261419r27974

I got a letter from Vosa and pretty helpfull as well .Its given me some hope back
Here is the letter
----------------------------------------

Could be of use to someone else

The MOT Inspection Manual states:

Masks or converter kits Right hand dip headlamps can be temporarily altered
for use in the UK by fitting masks or converter kits which remove the beam
‘kick-up’ to the right.
A headlamp altered in this way is not a reason for rejection, if
a. the headlamp aim is not rejected for the reasons listed under diagram
1 (except that the top of the beam image will be a straight line)
b. the light output is not unduly reduced - not usually a problem with
commercially produced kits
c. the mask or converter is securely attached

However if the vehicle is under 10 years old and does not have a European
Certificate of Conformity then you may have to put the vehicle through a
Single Vehicle Approval test. If this is the case then you would not be
able to mask the headlights.

Below is a useful link that goes in to detail on "How to import a Vehicle
in to Great Britain"
http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roads/vehicles/v...importsapproval

Stu
Oh I like the car mate and that diddy caravan is just the job I bet
Loganovac
Barrie, congratulations! The picture is great, both MCV and the caravan look terrific and makes me anxious of traveling far...
Thanks for the photo.
Barrie

Hi You Guys,

Another photo from my stable.

Regards Barrie. sleep.gif [attachmentid=1627468305][attachmentid=1627468305]
Loganovac
What to say, but MAGNIFICENT!
BTW, is that you on the photo? If so, welcome to the club (Stu, Heinz and Myself)!
Best regards, Loganovac.
martin245
QUOTE(Barrie @ 28 Aug 2008, 04:04)
Hi You Guys,

Another photo from my stable.

Regards Barrie. sleep.gif [attachmentid=1627468305][attachmentid=1627468305]

Please tell me that you are kidding me 38.gif
What a car ...........ruined my day
jealous as hell now pokey_eye.gif
Stu
MrToad
Hi Barrie,

First time I have ever posted anything on the net - but was looking to find out about the possibilites of towing a caravan with my new Logan and came across your comments - for which thanks very much.

Extraordinarily I then read that you, like me, are based in the Haute Garonne . . RO_flag.gif OK, small world, but even more weird, that you clearly have a Triumph Roadster - well, that's what it looks like to me - three windscreen wipers, dicky seats with their own windshield, splendid headlamps and, oh those wings!! My father used to have one when I was a kid!

Do you still have it? . . and do you also have to use string to get the wipers to work?

Thanks, lovely to see a picture again - lots of happy memories!

Barrie
Hi Mr Toad,

The Roadster wiper's don't need string, just a better switch; I took one from an old Land Rover, this also has the windscreen washer facility.
The Roadster is on the button and used occasionally, but the Logan goes three times further on a litre of fuel.

Regards Barrie. dry.gif

From Toad Hall Too.
MrToad
QUOTE(Barrie @ 30 Jan 2009, 12:32)
Hi Mr Toad,

The Roadster wiper's don't need string, just a better switch; I took one from an old Land Rover, this also has the windscreen washer facility.
The Roadster is on the button and used occasionally, but the Logan goes three times further on a litre of fuel.

Regards Barrie. dry.gif

From Toad Hall Too.

Hi Barrie

- Thanks for responding - I remember we calculated the Roadster did a stunning 12mpg - and then kinda regretted even thinking about it!

Sounds as if you're rather more adept at matters mechanical than we were - the string did the job (rather depending on just how wet it got) and kept us kids busy when it rained! - the concept of a washer facility (fear there is potential for a strange Toad joke in there somewhere!) was way beyond us - very impressed!

If you ever take her to a show in/near Haute Garonne (not sure whether they happen over here?) - could you possibly let me know, as I'd love to show my kids.

Many thanks

TOOT TOOT!!
Toad

Barrie
QUOTE(MrToad @ 30 Jan 2009, 19:11)
Hi Barrie

- Thanks for responding - I remember we calculated the Roadster did a stunning 12mpg - and then kinda regretted even thinking about it! 

Sounds as if you're rather more adept at matters mechanical than we were - the string did the job (rather depending on just how wet it got) and kept us kids busy when it rained!  - the concept of a washer facility (fear there is potential for a strange Toad joke in there somewhere!) was way beyond us - very impressed!

If you ever take her to a show in/near Haute Garonne (not sure whether they happen over here?) - could you possibly let me know, as I'd love to show my kids.

Many thanks

TOOT TOOT!!
Toad

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.