Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Humming Noise
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
Barrie
Hi Guys,

I've noticed just recently when I turn the motor off, there is a humming noise that carries on for another minute or a little longer.
I think I've traced it to the brake servo loosing it's vacuum; is this normal?
Or do I have a warning sign of impending disaster?
Has anyone had the same noise?

Regards, Barrie. sad.gif
paul_damian
Are you sure it's not the cooling fan?
raqzvan
It's probably the GMV (the big cooling fan on the radiator). It's normal.
Barrie
Hi Guys,

No it's not the cooling fan, I know the sound that makes; the humming sound I hear happens when the motor is cold as well as warm.
Any other ideas?

Regards, Barrie. sad.gif sad.gif
nh1980ro
Is it in front of the car (where the engine is) or in the back (where the fuel tank is)?
Sometimes the fuel pump makes some noise when you turn off the engine, but I don't think it takes more than a few seconds.
mario1980
nhl1980ro, he said it appears to come from the servo mechanism, loosing it's vacuum...

Barrie, after the noise has stopped, press the brake pedal for the first time after turning off the engine, and if it is "hard", than it might be a problem, you should see the service. If the pedal behaves, normal, as with the the engine on, it should be OK. Remember, only the fist time after the engine stopped.
If I remember correctly, the vacuum in my servo remains for many hours...

One other sound you can hear from an engine, is the sound of the oil, pouring inside it, but I doubt you can hear it from inside.
martin245
I think you have a bee in your bonnet
Stu
Barrie
Hi Guys,

I think Mario has hit the spot, when the humming noise stops, the brake peddle is hard, like he says. Now I have something positive to show, I'll ask the garage to investigate.

Tell Stu, I've always got a bee in my bonnet.

Sorry about the badges, shall I use stronger glue?

Thanks Mario. I owe you one.

Regards, Barrie.
Barrie
Hi Guys,

Not only do I have a bee in my bonnet, I also have a feather in my cap.
Because I managed to drive to northern England from southern France, without having my Dacia badges stolen, is this a record I ask?
As for the Bee, I'm told it's normal, and nothing to worry about.

Regards, Barrie. rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.