Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Stupid Brits
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
martin245
Ah well guys i am now in the UK with the only logan ina 500 mile radius and it just had to happen some bastard stole my Dacia signs front and back
Will Renault signs fit ??? they have them in Russia dont they and my silly British neighbours will not want renault ones ......If i put dacia on again they will get nicked again
Stu
marksman
I thought this could only happen in Romania. You might contact someone from Romania, ask him to buy the Dacia badges and have them sent to you COD or whatever.
martin245
No I cant do that because as soon as I fit them they will get taken again this is why i would like to put renault on ,They are all over Britain just Dacia is not
Stu
driverx
Well, it seems the "By Renault" text beneath "LOGAN" is not big enough for some.
marksman
Go to the police and file a complaint. Since the Dacia badges are unique they should find them easily smile.gif
My God, I just can't imagine what use they make of some lousy Dacia badges there in the UK!
eXtenSion
And you think that british people took them? I highly doubt it.
costi
QUOTE(eXtenSion @ 7 Dec 2008, 14:07)

Oh my God no ! British are from haven, they are like angels on the Eath.
Long live the Queen !
martin245
QUOTE(eXtenSion @ 7 Dec 2008, 14:07)

Then you dont know the Brits !!!! If its not nailed down it will go !and if it is nailed down it will also go
Stu
riderontornadoes
dont you have insurance?
LuluMOB
Put some photos with the empty places.
magomat
The Renault sign fit not in the Dacia sign.
It are two different grills.
And you now grill and bumper are one unit.
Even the old sign from Dacai and the new one fit not on the same grill.
Even then you need to buy a new unit
heinz57g
welcome in the UK. have to come up with a stupid question: how often
did this happen to you in good old D? but dont worry, i am as frustrated
about these idiots as you are.

had heard about these thefts, and removed my signs last time on the
UK ferry - and back on in belgium.

seriously: would you want me to get some and bring along? they are
unfortunately quite pricey. they can, however, be fixed from behind
so they that they cannot be removed quite that easily. most idiots then
just brake them into pieces.

and yes, the RENAULT ones do not fit.

greetings - heinz -
martin245
hi told you so heinz dry.gif
haha we are doing ok here i have the car nearly reg and i willmake some stick on dacia shields .I knew this would happen anyway .yes in good old D some twit stole my Rover shield and also smashed two headlights .They also stole the mother in laws handbag and drew the money out her account b4 she even knew about it
Lifes a gas on both sides of the canal mate haha
cu
Stu

Do you know the sizes of the badge to print out
I have a mate who will do them on an industrial printer
heinz57g
>> the mother in laws handbag

that was you, probably.

>> Lifes a gas on both sides of the canal mate haha

you sure are right there, specially these days (un-)fortunately.

re the signs, let me check, get back to you by mail.

greetings - heinz

eXtenSion
QUOTE(costi @ 7 Dec 2008, 18:20)
Oh my God no ! British are from haven, they are like angels on the Eath.
Long live the Queen !

right... im sure romanians are better radmasa.gif and im sure that, in a country with so many immigrants, from lots of poor countries, the brits took those labels.. sleep.gif
g100sic
QUOTE(eXtenSion @ 18 Dec 2008, 21:09)
right... im sure romanians are better  radmasa.gif  and im sure that, in a country with so many immigrants, from lots of poor countries, the brits took those labels..  sleep.gif

So, what you suggest is that it's possible that those badges were nicked by some romanian immigrant in GB, maybe in a desperate moment of extreme home-sickness wink.gif biggrin.gif
martin245
OK here is the Dacia LOGAN ready for the English road
user posted image

stu
Keka
smile.gif Nice wiper-blades and strange looking head lamps
Executron
Don't you find the steering wheel on the "wrong side" a big minus in the British traffic (specially when you over take someone or when you are at a junction etc)?

Isn't your insurance a bit more than it would be if you had the steering wheel on the right side?

(i'm just curious)
martin245
Yes the insurence is a bit more but it is ok!! and it is fun to drive one of only 2 Dacias in the United Kingdom
as for the steering wheel .I have been driving a few times a year over here since i left for the continent in 1970 so it does not bother me .and dont forget we are only allowed to drive at 70MPH thats about 110KMH
Stu
Twingoman
Strange to see a Logan with a UK registration....

I'm pretty sure I saw on in Somerset earlier today - a foreign registered one though.

Nothing wrong with driving a left hand drive in the UK. I've done it for the last four years, and it's great.
martin245
Hi mate
if you see another get me the Dacia badges and send em too me hahah
Stu
eXtenSion
QUOTE(g100sic @ 19 Dec 2008, 12:06)
So, what you suggest is that it's possible that those badges were nicked by some romanian immigrant in GB, maybe in a desperate moment of extreme home-sickness wink.gif biggrin.gif

Not necessarily Romanians... However, in Romania we see lots of Gypsies with cars bought from the UK. And they spend some time there.

And if you think about it, if there are so few Logans in the UK why would a brit bother to steal the badges? But in Romania this is a common practice, as this is NoMan's Land, and they probably took them to sell them here, also knowing that theres no chance of someone catching him as he'll be hundreds of miles away by the time you realise they were gone.

Just my opinion..
FILter
After a few pints at the pub, (drinking is their only fun), they will steal or brake stuff just because it's there and it atracted their attention. When I was there I always wondered how is this country so great when UK's men and especially women are drinking so much.
[sk]crash
What made you buy that car in the first place?
Barrie

Hi Stu,
I made it to Clitheroe and back to Toulouse, with a bee under my bonnet and without having my badges stolen: Is this a world record or what?

Regards, Barrie.
dacialover
Hey Stu,
I'd suggest some stickers. That ought to do it. But why are british people so in love with Dacia badges?

25 Jan 2009, 23:33:
Are those things on the headlights supose to help the light go slightly to the right hand side?
Loganovac
As I remember, Stu was about to change headlights (Mahindra Logan, mirrored). Sorry if I missed something, but I'm just currious, because I don't think that "those things on headlights" can really be a big help. Right, Stu? (Or left, Stu?) nedumerire.gif
GabrielD
Hi Stu,

My parents are visiting me next week. I could ask them to bring here a Dacia badge or a Renault badge that fits, as they are everywhere in Romania.
Unless you solved the problem meanwhile.
I have posted a message in your topic regardind the headlights if you would like to have a look.
Congratulations for succesfully registering your logan in UK! I hope I will be able to do that, too.

Gabriel
g100sic
And not only in Britain, my friends, in Serbia too Dacia badges are being stolen!
I couldn't believe my eyes this morning...

20+ Euro for the badge... mad.gif
AIX
Stu, this is about you and your car:

http://www.evz.ro/articole/detalii-articol...-nimic-in-lume/

smile.gif
martin245
Yes this is me
What has he written and most of all what did this guy write who kept writing hahahahahah I would like to know
Stu
marksman
In the comments they say that the article has been paid by Renault and that you never had a new car before and that's why you (mistakenly) appreciate the new Renault "junk".
GabrielD
"An Englishman about Dacia: I would not sell it for anything in the world
Stuart Martin, an Englishman living in Germany, explains Romanian make's succes:
the car runs well on motorway and did not require a single bulb replaced in 30000 km.
There is a Logan waiting in a car park in Germany, next to posh cars. "And it does not look bad at all" says Stuart Martin, a 57 years old Englishman, a real car "consumer", who settled in Germany in the '70.
Now stuart has a new Logan, that, he said to EVZ, he wouldn't give away for anything in the world.
Stuart's "Romanian experience" should explain, at least partially, Dacia's phenomenal success on the German market.
He smiles next to his first romanian car in a holiday photo."It is a very good and cheep car, and I have had it for two months. I have already driven it to UK and it consumed 6.4 litres petrol/100 km, which is very good for a car that can take 5 people" says the Britishman "lots of space in the back. And a huge boot." as he said in a comment next to the picture, in his blog Stuart dedicated to his new aquisition in August 2006.
Now stuart has a red new Logan that he would never give away for anything in the world, he said to EVZ. Stuart's "Romanian experience" should explain, at least partially, Dacia's phenomenal success on the German market.
A few years ago this might have looked like a joke: Germany, the car country, crowded with "romanian cars".
It became a reality after the crisis hit hard and the federal government set up the scrappage scheme, offering 2500 euros for changing an over nine year old car with a new one.
Authorities intended to stimulate the local car industry, but it did not worked. So this summer dacia's sales in germany outnumbered those in romania for the first time ever. The German, pragmatical man, is not fussy.
"I have already driven it to UK and it consumed 6.4 litres petrol/100 km, which is very good for a car that can take 5 people"
Stuart Martin about his first dacia logan in 2006
Auto practical school
"for a family who wouldn't spend a fortune on a car"
Stuart Martin's appetite for strange moves is not limited to cars. In 1979 he quited the Army - he had been a British soldier in Rhine valley - and became a truck driver.
Then he was working for the American Army for 4 years. He then left the army uniform again to work for a frozen products company.
But lets go back to cars. After he had chenged dozens of cars, Stuart who lives in Waldbronn, became one of the first logan owners in Germany, as he recalls.
It was a sort of love at first sight between a Germanized Englishman and a Frenchized Romanian poor "girl". As soon as he bought the car, he had a revelation, he realized how beautiful the simple life is.

24 Aug 2009, 22:53:
continued
.." Powered mirrors are nonsense, the same as the air conditioner. "It is a car made for a family who does not want to spend a fortune for rubbish. I bought mine with powered mirrors, I set them as for me and I will sell it like this! Who needs that? I did not buy it fitted with air con as it has power windows and they open easily", said Stuart in 2006.
There is plenty of space for passengers - I haven't had any complaints yet" and add to that a roomy boot for Sunday shopping. "You won't fill that, and if you do you can go up a step and buy a Mercedes!"
One single problem, after 6500 km, as the kilometrage shown, one door handle screw was loose and needed screwed back a little. But Stuart turned a blind eye to that and put it to "other problems".

24 Aug 2009, 22:54:
to be continued
GabrielD
QUOTE(AIX @ 17 Aug 2009, 10:56)
"...............
Luni, 17 August 2009

Un englez despre Dacia: „N-aș da-o pentru nimic în lume!”

Autor: Vlad Odobescu

Stuart Martin, un englez stabilit în Germania, explică succesul mărcii românești: mașina ține ritmul pe autostradă și n-a cerut nici măcar un bec nou până la 30.000 de kilometri.

Sursa: Arhiva personalăUn Logan așteaptă într-o parcare din Germania, lângă mașini cu pretenții. „Și n-arată rău deloc”, e de părere englezul Stuart Martin (57 de ani), un adevărat „devorator” de mașini, stabilit în Germania în anii ’70.Acum, Stuart are un Logan nou, roșu, pe care spune, pentru EVZ, că nu l-ar da pe nimic în lume.

„Experiența românească” a lui Stuart explică, cel puțin în parte, succesul fenomenal pe care îl are Dacia pe piața germană.

Zâmbește de lângă prima sa mașină românească, într-o fotografie de vacanță. „E o mașină foarte bună și ieftină, pe care o am de două luni. Am mers deja cu ea până în Marea Britanie și a consumat 6,4 litri de benzină la suta de kilometri, ceea ce e foarte bine pentru o mașină în care încap cinci persoane", spune britanicul., cu mult spațiu în spate. Și cu un portbagaj imens”, după cum zicea în explicația alăturată fotografiei, pe blogul dedicat de Stuart noii sale achiziții, în august 2006.

Acum, Stuart are un Logan nou, roșu, pe care spune, pentru EVZ, că nu l-ar da pe nimic în lume. „Experiența românească” a lui Stuart explică, cel puțin în parte, succesul fenomenal pe care îl are Dacia pe piața germană. În urmă cu câțiva ani ar fi părut o poantă: Germania, patria automobilelor, ticsită de „românisme”.

A devenit realitate, după ce criza a lovit crunt, iar guvernul federal a introdus o variantă a programului „Rabla”, prin care oferă câte 2.500 de euro pentru schimbarea unei mașini de peste nouă ani cu una nouă.

Autoritățile aveau de gând să stimuleze în primul rând industria auto germană, dar n-a prea fost să fie. Așa că, în această vară, vânzările Dacia pe piața germană le-au întrecut pentru prima oară pe cele din România. Neamțul, fire pragmatică, n-are ochi pentru fițe.

"Am mers cu ea până în Marea Britanie și a consumat 6,4 litri de benzină la o 100 km, ceea ce e foarte bine pentru o mașină de 5 persoane."
Stuart Martin despre prima sa Dacie Logan, din 2006

ȘCOALA DE PRAGMATISM AUTO

„Pentru o familie care nu vrea să dea o avere pe prostii”

Apetitul lui Stuart Martin pentru mișcări ciudate nu se limitează la mașini. În 1979, el lăsa milităria - fusese soldat britanic pe Valea Rinului - pentru a deveni șofer de TIR.

A lucrat apoi pentru armata americană, timp de patru ani. A lăsat iar uniforma ca să muncească la o firmă mare, care se ocupă de mâncare congelată. Să revenim însă la mașini. După ce a schimbat zeci de mașini, Stuart, care locuiește în Waldbronn, a devenit unul dintre primii posesori de Dacia din Germania, din câte-și amintește.

A fost un fel de dragoste la prima vedere între un englez germanizat și o româncă franțuzită, sărăcuță de felul ei. Imediat ce și-a luat mașina, a fost cuprins de revelații, și-a dat seama ce frumoasă e viața simplă.

Oglinzile electrice au devenit mofturi, la fel și aerul condiționat. „E o mașină făcută pentru o familie care nu vrea să cheltuiască o avere pe prostii. Am cumpărat-o pe a mea cu oglinzi electrice, le-am reglat pentru mine și așa o s-o vând! Cine are nevoie de așa ceva? N-am luat-o cu aer condiționat, pentru că geamurile sunt electrice și se deschid ușor”, zicea Stuart în 2006.

În rest, spațiu destul pentru pasageri - „n-am avut până acum niciun fel de plângeri”, la care se adaugă un portbagaj încăpător pentru cumpărăturile duminicale. „N-o să-l umpli, iar dacă o faci, poți să urci o treaptă și să-ți iei un Mercedes!”.

O singură problemă, după 6.500 de kilometri, cât arăta la momentul respectiv contorul mașinii, șurubul unui mâner de la portieră nu era bine înfiletat și a trebuit strâns puțin. Dar Stuart a trecut peste asta cu ochii închiși, e la capitolul „și altele”.

„N-a trebuit să schimb nici măcar un bec la ea”

Recent, Stuart și-a luat mașină nouă, roșie, iar motorul care respectă standardele Euro 4 l-a înlocuit pe cel Euro 3. „Am acum Dacia mea Logan 1.4 MPI și n-aș schimba-o pentru nimic în lume! Am condus cu ea, până în acest moment, peste 38.000 km și n-a trebuit să schimb măcar un bec. Are un consum foarte eficient, ține ritmul cu celelalte mașini pe autostradă. Am mers cu ea de cinci ori în Marea Britanie și am avut doar călătorii relaxante. Singurul lucru de care pot să mă plâng este nivelul zgomotului în interiorul mașinii, la viteze mai mari de 110 km/oră. Dacia este aici pentru a rămâne, având în vedere că vorbim despre o mașină care s-a dovedit fiabilă și economică”, explică acum englezul, pentru EVZ.

Listă de așteptare

Entuziasmul de acum al nemților ar fi fost greu de prevăzut acum câțiva ani. Începuturile Dacia au fost mai dificile prin locurile acestea, explică Stuart: „Prețul mic a provocat temerea că siguranța a fost neglijată. Dar mașina a trecut cu bine testele și, încet-încet, publicul german a înțeles că nu poate fi vorba despre o mașină proastă, iar vânzările au început să crească. A venit apoi lansarea modelului MCV, care a dus la explozia vânzărilor și la liste de așteptare de jumătate de an pentru o mașină”.

În prezent, în Germania există un club al posesorilor de Dacia. Unul plin de entuziaști, apreciază Stuart, „oameni care fac lucruri minunate cu mașinile lor”. Cluburi similare există peste tot în Europa, de-alde Stuart mai sunt destui.

"Prețul mic a provocat temerea că siguranța a fost neglijată. Încet, publicul german a înțeles că nu poate fi vorba despre o mașină proastă."
Stuart Martin, posesor de Dacia Logan

„NO PROBLEM!”. Noua achiziție are la bord 38.000 km

GARAJUL LUI STUART

BMW-ul, „cea mai proastă mașină pe care am cumpărat-o”

Nu mai puțin de 24 de tipuri de mașini au încăput, de-a lungul vremii, pe mâna lui Stuart Martin. Din cele mai multe au rămas doar câte o fotografie și două-trei vorbe.

Prima dintre ele – un Opel Olympia Rekord: „O rablă!”. Au urmat așa: un Auto Union DKW F12, viitorul Audi, două Ford Taunus („mașini de încredere”), un Fiat Neckar („n-am scos-o niciodată la drum”), un Volkswagen („am mers cu ea spre Bavaria și am lovit-o la Baden Baden”, oraș în sud-vestul Germaniei - n.r.), un MG Roadster („l-am luat pe 100 de mărci”), un Chrysler Windsor, în vremuri canadiene, un Renault 4 („am iubit fiecare părticică din el”).

După ce-a terminat-o cu armata, Stuart și-a cumpărat un alt Chrysler, a ezitat apoi între un monstru pe patru roți cu nume uitat, care înghițea motorină întruna, și micuțul Beetle („o mașină bună de distracție”).

Au vizitat apoi garajul lui Stuart un Mercedes 220D („o plictiseală”), un Fiat 128 („o mașină destul de rapidă”), un Opel Rekord („luată extrem de ieftin”), un Volkswagen Golf Diesel („un mic cal de povară”), un Datsun Laurel („o bestie”), un Subaru („vândut după ce am intrat cu el într-o vitrină”), un Volkswagen Passat („ne-a dus peste tot”), un Mini („unul din trei”), un BMW 320 („cea mai proastă mașină pe care am cumpărat-o”), un Rover 825 („o mașină cu adevărat de clasă”), un Renault Twingo („am avut doi pitici din aceștia încăpători”).

Și, într-un final, în garajul britanicului stabilit în Germania a poposit Loganul cel verde, apoi următoarea Dacie, cea roșie. O poveste de dragoste ca-n telenovele se încheie mereu cu o nuntă.

LA ADĂPOST DE CRIZĂ

Germania, o gură de aer pentru Dacia

De oftică, presa germană a scris despre Dacia că este „simbolul ironic al crizei” și „beneficiarul obraznic” al programului „Rabla”, în variantă nemțească.

Pe scurt și fără răutăți, vânzările mărcii româno-franceze au crescut de la 80 de unități pe săptămână, la începutul anului, la peste 1.000 de comenzi în prezent. Pentru a face față cererii, mașinile intrate pe stoc în Rusia sau în România au fost direcționate spre Germania.

ISTORIC

Nicolae Ceaușescu a fost primul proprietar de Dacia al țării

Statul comunist român avea nevoie de o marcă auto proprie, dădea bine. Așa că, în 1966, începe construcția Uzinei de Autoturisme Mioveni, încheiată într-un timp-record: un an și jumătate.

Autoturismele aveau să fie produse în baza unui acord între autoritățile comuniste și producătorul francez Renault. Modelul avea să fie la bază unul francez, vândut însă sub marca Dacia.

Piesele veneau de la constructorul din Hexagon, fiind doar asamblate în România. Pe 20 august 1968 începea producția modelului Dacia 1100, o berlină cu tracțiune și motor pe spate.

Prima mașină i-a fost făcută cadou tovarășului Nicolae Ceaușescu. Timp de patru ani, pe poarta fabricii au ieșit aproximativ 44.000 de mașini de acest tip.

În august 1969 intra în producție Dacia 1300, un model sub licență R12. Timp de zece ani, au fost create tot soiul de modele, între care și 1300 LS (lux super), destinat membrilor importanți ai PCR.

La salonul de la București, din 1979, era prezentată varianta restilizată a lui 1300: modelul 1310. După 1989 au intrat în producție Dacia 1325 Liberta și primul model 100% românesc: Dacia Nova.

Marea mutare a fost făcută în 1999: Renault a cumpărat 51% din capitalul Dacia. A lansat, pe rând, Super- Nova, echipat cu un motor Renault de 1.4 litri, și Solenza.

În 2004 a fost lansat modelul Logan, un autoturism complet nou. Doi ani mai târziu începea producția Logan MCV, iar în 2007 - a autoutilitarei Logan Van.

Cel mai nou produs Dacia, modelul Sandero, a fost lansat anul trecut, în iunie........"

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.