Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: DIY sound isolation
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
Keka
Due to poor sound isolation, I decided to improve sound isolation in my Logan.

Here is link to Serbian forum, with pictures, methodology is same as said many times on diverse forums.

I used secon hand Audi A6 sound isolation for hood, and after some cutting attached it. These days I'll buy some black tape to fix edges.

For doors I used felt, pressed one 5mm thick, and regular 10mm thick. I placed regular nesxt to plastic in the door, and pressed glued to it, on outer side, and then piece of plastic for water protection.

In coming days I'll do back door, trunk door and floor and other places I find interesting.

http://daciafanclub.6.forumer.com/viewtopi...p?t=19&start=45
Keka
Any comments? sad.gif
Peja
Keka,

this is excelent example how to do sound proofing.

It is shame, that pepople must be registered at daciafanclub.forumer.com so that they can se what you've done, but suppose it is not co complicated to register.

Best Regards,
Peja
g100sic
Call me a dinosaur, but I like to know what the engine in my car is doing, so I want some sound feedback, and the amount of noise inside Logan's cabin is not above a bothering level in my opinion. I even feel a bit awkward when I turn on a music too loud so that it masks the sound of the engine.

Anyway, I wouldn't play "Carmina Burana" or "Requiem" or something that demanding during the drive, and for anything other than that the noise level is OK.

But then again, tastes should not be discussed... smile.gif
hobit
Hi,
I also resulted to improve the noise insulation of my MCV 1.6 8V. The noise was the most irritating feature of the car for me. Going 200 km with the speed of 140 km/h (on tacho, really it is about 127 km/h) I was little bit tired because of the noise. First I did the insulation of floor, boot, doors and bonnet and want to continue with roof and firewall in spring after it warms up. Unfortunatelly I did no snaps about it and I wrote all my knowledge about this topic and my experience, but it is written in Czech, so you probably could hardly understand it. blush.gif
Shortly - I have used sikadamp 630 butyl adhesive mats for all metal sheets (perfectly ungreased) and inside plastic upholstery (beware of the plastic clips, it is not difficult to destroy it sometimes, buy some spare) for vibration reduction and noise damping, hydrophobic polyurethan foam as filling of plastic upholstery for noise absorption, polyester fiber non wowen textile (500 g/m2) on floor under carpet and rear wheel bases also for noise absorption. I plan to install the sikadamp also on firewall from the engine side (I don't want to dissassemble the instrumentation board) and on the roof sheets and panels of basotect sound absorption mats 10 mm thick on the roof upholstery. I also have put the sound insulation panel from dCi models to the bonet and rubber sealing on sheet edges in engine compartment from skoda fabia (1.6 16V engines have it from factory) or other car.
Very usefull would be I thing also to put some damping mats on the inside of fenders and to seal the space between fender and door pants with some hydrophobic foam. It is unusual, that this gap is opened at logan (see for example other cars photos in Romania logan forum dealing sound insulation topic - http://www.daciaclub.ro/Antifonare-capota-...0329-s1470.html ), but it probably helps aeration of this space and prevents corrosion in this space.
Here is another way to logan DIY sound insulation with photos:
http://www.dragosmanea.ro/insono/
Very good and still living forum on this web:
http://www.daciaclub.ro/Antifonare-capota-...ier-t10329.html
with a lot of snaps inside pages useful even when you don't understand Romania language.
I look forward for other experiences in this forum.

Peja
Hi hobit!

Please writedown url of your DIY sound isolation. We can use translate.google.com

Regards,
Peja
hobit
Hi, Pejo,
thanks for your interest. wink.gif It is for example here:
http://logan.hantronix.net/odhluc.php

But I'm afraid of google translation. Otherwise you can pick up some other useful url's in the article.

Hobit.
hobit
Hi,
very interesting videos of sound insulation of Logan and some problems dealing with this can be found on YouTube, for example:
&feature=related
&feature=related
&feature=related
&feature=related
smile.gif
Hobit.
BLOODY_STONE
Hi guys ...
i got the new facelifted logan 1.6 8v 90HP here in Egypt ...
i wanted to make some sound isolation ... but the ways mentioned in this topic are
really complicated .. (since i'm not a mechanic , i'm just a student) blink.gif ..
so, is there any simple way? huh.gif
and i also wanted to know how can i change the radio cd ... if someone can show me videos .. that will be awesome!!
thanks icon_mrgreen.gif

28 Jul 2009, 14:35:
Hi guys ...
i got the new facelifted logan 1.6 8v 90HP here in Egypt ...
i wanted to make some sound isolation ... but the ways mentioned in this topic are
really complicated .. (since i'm not a mechanic , i'm just a student) blink.gif ..
so, is there any simple way? huh.gif
and i also wanted to know how can i change the radio cd ... if someone can show me videos .. that will be awesome!!
thanks icon_mrgreen.gif
hobit
Hi,
I'm afraid that there is not simplier way to silence your car significantly, then described and shown in previous posts. I started to do the sound insulation of my Logan MCV also with zero experience with mechanic works around cars and I got through it fearly succesfully. I'm sure You start to like it. smile.gif It doesn't touch deep mechanic of the car, it is work with some screws and plastic tacks. But it is very useful to have the servis manual to know, how to dismount individual parts of the trim and so on or follow the posted YouTube videos. Of course it often will make You angry wacko.gif and it is possible that some plastic tacks will be destroyed, but if I got through it, I think You will too wink.gif
Good Luck.
Hobit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.