Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: New MCV & running in the engine.
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
ziggyplod
Hi all,
I´ve had my new Logan MCV Lareate for 1 week now (340klms) & I´m very Pleased with it, I´m keeping below 2500 revs & 85 klms. I´m getting 5.1 to 5.6 lts/100 klms. Nowhere in the hand book does it say to do this, to run/break the engine in. Is this the right thing to do or does Dacia/Renault run them in on the bench in the factory, in which case do I need to bother? I read in this forum someone said that Dacia is a small factory & can´t afford to run in the engine on the bench, but do they buy the engines ready built from Renault & they run them in? I´ll keep below 85 for the first 1000 klms no matter what or more if any of you think it needs it. So please let me know what you think.
All the best,
Dave
PS its comet grey
alex_d9
they run the every engine on the test bench in the factory, you can see this by looking on youtube. the thing with keeping it below 2500 revs and under 85 km/h is part of the warranty, every new engine must be used under this circumstances in the first 6000 km or so .
&feature=channel
roland
Are you sure? I the user guide it says that for the MPI engines you are not allowed to go over 3000-3500rpm (equivalent to 130km/h in 5th gear) for 1000 km.
For diesel engines it is more km (I quess 1500km, not sure) and the rev is lower.
So, from where is the 85km/h and 6000 km? Don't think so...
Barrie
Hi Dave,

It does give running in advice in the handbook, the motors don't loosen up until at least 3000kms, and even then it payes to avoid full thottle operations.
This has paid dividends with my MCV, which now runs perfectly after 12,000kms.
I had the oil changed after 3000kms, this is not required, and scorned by others, but I'm sure it's beneficial if you plan to keep the car a long time.
Try to stick to the running in period, and enjoy the rewards later.
Kind Regards, Barrie. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.