Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: driving postition
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
bougie
Hi

Anybody have an original idea how to improve the standard driving position even further? Even on the "largest" settings I still get very sour muscles after 45 minutes of driving (which is not very long for me) so maybe someone knows if there is a way to bring the steering wheel forward or the pedals further away?

thx
g100sic
How tall are you?!?!?
marksman
bougie, there's no other way than modifying the steering column or the pedal assembly somehow. I presume the modifications are very difficult and the end result won't justify the amount of work and money invested anyway.

I'm not tall at all (1m75) but every now and then I get sour muscles at the right ankle when driving for more than one hour. Try different settings of the driver seat especially if you have a model with adjustable backrest (don't know if this is the right term for it, I coined it on the spot, but it's the second control on the driver seat, if yours has two)
Aali
QUOTE(Illusi0n @ 14 Oct 2009, 00:55)
bougie, there's no other way than modifying the steering column or the pedal assembly somehow. I presume the modifications are very difficult and the end result won't justify the amount of work and money invested anyway.

I'm not tall at all (1m75) but every now and then I get sour muscles at the right ankle when driving for more than one hour. Try different settings of the driver seat especially if you have a model with adjustable backrest (don't know if this is the right term for it, I coined it on the spot, but it's the second control on the driver seat, if yours has two)

Hi IllusiOn the true name for what you call adjustable backrest is Lumbar Support .hope it helps.From my old BMW owner's manual I do remember there are
light aerobics to do every 300-400 Km of driving if I could find them I will post them.

Aali
bougie
yeah im 1,90m biggrin.gif I bought a nice seat cover with extra cushioning and did some serious experimenting with the lumbar support. Its still a bit odd but now it doesnt hurt anymore tongue.gif thanks for the replies, people are very friendly on this forum!

grtz

Bougie
g100sic
Getting tired after just 45 minutes of driving is quite strange... I have been driving even more then 4 hours without stopping, and I still felt very comfortable. Only the right foot might get a bit sour, especially on the highway, as the gas pedal is somewhat "light" for me.

Anyway, for a tall guy like you, I would recommend as much upright position as possible, seat pulled back and lowered, and lumbar support at the maximum. Upright is a natural seating position in Logan anyway, almost as in the van.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.