Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Gear shift handle disassembling
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
g100sic
A notch broke off on a plastic frame that holds a sleeve around the gear shift pole clipped to the console.
[attachmentid=1627583707]

In order to fix this I have to remove the gear shift handle (knob), but this is a "new" type of handle, and it doesn't come off by "twisting and pulling" as the instruction manual says for the "old" type.

There is a plastic cover on the handle, but after removing it I don't know what to do next. As it can be seen on the photo, there is a hole in the center, and a rubber plug, which I tried to pull out, but it won't come out.
[attachmentid=1627583710]

Can anyone help?
jocker
I had exactly the same problem, but solve it much less complicated. Maybe because I found the broken piece, that actually holds the plastic frame on the console.

Put a thin plastic behind the clip to hold the two broken parts, and glue the parts with super glue.

More than year has passed and the glue still holds, no problems so far.
g100sic
A word of gratitude to Jocker - thanks, man smile.gif, but...

Anyone else? Please!!

Isn't there anything on this matter on the Romanian part of the forum??
Maybe the solution for this assembly was "borrowed" from Renault, any experiences there?

Heinz, where are you?!? wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.