Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Logan is Dying in India - Support Us
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
ezee
Mahindra Renault JV launched Logan in India in May 2007, for first year sales were good but after that due to management and JV problems its having a slow death day by day.

Now Logan business in India is aquired 100% by Mahindra from Renault and from 2011 onwards Logan in India will loose Renault tag and yes may be Logan tag too. We have an online petition to get words from all over world.

Please support us at - An Appeal from All Logan Lovers
eXtenSion
And is it relevant to Mahindra if people from Romania sign it?
parpanel
There are economical interests and nobody will accept to loose money.
This is the ugly face of capitalism biggrin.gif.
bucatzel
Life sucks and then we die.

And since Indians believe in reincarnation... then life sucks again.

Otherwise... i have the same question as eXtenSion's.
PaulT
The relevance for Mahindra will be zero. I think that same value will be also applied for all signatures from India...
b76bgaarh
so, what's the problem? it will be sold under a new name? under a new Q&A? or every body will lose their jobs, from closed down factories?
driverx
As long as India has that crap tax for cars with over 4meters in lenght, Logan will never succeed in that country. Therefore, Logan will die, with or without online petitions.

Also, I don't know about India economics, but I don't think that this cheap car is also cheap in India. Sounds wierd but it is not. Why? Because as I know, the cars are made with many parts manufactured here in Europe. Here the costs are higher, also the shipping cost must be taken into account.

I'm sorry for you, but from what I heard until now about Logan in India, I'm pretty sure that it is doomed.
ezee
Yes it has been sold to Mahindra and now they just wanted to cash the existing numbers by providing service or costly spare parts.

We have news that Mahindra is planning to cut short Logan to a sub 4 mtr vehicle to save import duty (tax). Rubbish - A car which was advertised to people by saying Widest Body car will be shortend now smile.gif

And I tell you Its not Indian people do this way but its a failure of unplanned JV and poorest marketing from both companies. Logan made a record of sales in first few months of launch but those big fat management people made Logan a cash cow by stopping promotions, ads etc. due to their personal JV problems resulting Logan is having a slow death.

Now to just avoid a dent in Renault's catalogue they are Launching Koleos and Fluence under their name in India and sold Logan to Mahindra. What a bullshit is this !!!
driverx
QUOTE(ezee @ 28 May 2010, 16:54)

We have news that Mahindra is planning to cut short Logan to a sub 4 mtr vehicle to save import duty (tax). Rubbish - A car which was advertised to people by saying Widest Body car will be shortend now smile.gif

Not rubbish at all. The indian market is very rubbish if they believe that they can expect to buy a car with "Widest Body" in a country where normal cars (for European markets) are treated specialy and such a car is affected by these taxes. I heared that this tax is not small at all.

The marketing is always telling the truth. The problem is that it is only a partial truth tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif The market needs to wise enough to identify these smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.