Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Heater motor resistor
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
Barrie
At 63,000 my Logan MCV is still going well, except the heater/AC fan only works at full speed.
I've been quoted a kings ransom to fix it. My question is; Is there a simple way to replace the motor resistor ?
Barrie (SW France)
sorin1983
this is the part responsible for the different speeds of the ventilation fan... on 4-th speed the current is sent directly to the motor of the fan. if you can find/buy another in 90% of the cases this solves the problem... or you replace the thermal fuse in the red circle.

[attachmentid=1628024458]

it is situated on the left side under the steering wheel(position 8 in the picture)
[attachmentid=1628024462]
berriebean
QUOTE(sorin1983 @ 24 Feb 2016, 18:47)
this is the part responsible for the different speeds of the ventilation fan... on 4-th speed the current is sent directly to the motor of the fan. if you can find/buy another in 90% of the cases this solves the problem... or you replace the thermal fuse in the red circle.

[attachmentid=1628024458]

it is situated on the left side under the steering wheel(position 8 in the picture)
[attachmentid=1628024462]

Wow, that is very helpfull information as I just bought a Logan MCV 2007 with the exact same problem. Does anyone know what parts of the dashboard I need to remove to access the location where the resistor is. Would it be possible to replace it by just removing the RPM and speedmeter unit? Or the center console cover?

einstein1984
passenger side footwell in your case (RHD I presume), no dashboard to remove.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.