Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Dacia Nova 1.6 - pistons and liners III
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Other Dacia Models
elch101
I managed to get my first Dacia Nova 1.6. It's not so easy in Germany. I was looking for a good while. Just had a ride. Really great engine compared with the 1.3 or 1.4.

Now I have a few questions:

- How can I see from the outside of the engine if the liners are version "cauciuc" or "cupru"?

- Is there a Dacia tool like Renault Mot. 574? https://www.google.com/search?q=renault+mot...1tng8K-IFf-NXM:

- Why do I have three sensors looking like thermo-sensors at the left side of the cylinder head? (It's a GTI with LPG but I don't think the gas system has anything to do with the sensors.
einstein1984
Nova should be all rubber gaskets.
Ov
QUOTE(elch101 @ 29 Nov 2018, 00:05)
- Why do I have three sensors looking like thermo-sensors at the left side of the cylinder head? (It's a GTI with LPG but I don't think the gas system has anything to do with the sensors.

they are all temperature sensors: one for overheating light in the dashboard, the second is for the gauge in the dashboard and the third (the one with different/plastic connector) is for ECU.
elch101
Thank You for advice. I'm allways surprised about the competence in this forum.

But I'm not sure about the liner sealings. Both versions are sold for the 1557 ccm engine. For which engines are the copper sealings?
Ov
Hard to say which type of sealing you have in your engine. For what I've found it could be either copper or even aluminum, but someone said that he found on a 1.6 engine (installed on a dacia pickup) rubber sealings.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.