Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: OBD in Papuc ? (english language)
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > Celelalte modele Dacia - 1100, Berlina, Papuc, Nova > Probleme tehnice - Dacia Clasic
Gundo
Hello !
Sorry, I can't speak romainian, so i have to write in english.
I own a new Double Cab 4x4 Diesel, built in September 2005.
The car has a OBD-II connector (or better: seems to has one).
I tried different diagnostic computers (Gutmann, ELM) but they did not recognize the car and could not read any data. Even the main Renault-Dealer here in Hamburg was not able to read any data from the car (n.b.: the papuc is officially not imported and not selled in germany).
I already analyzed the OBD socket: the cable/pin connection seems not to match to any standard...

Does anyone know, how to connect the papuc to a diagnostic computer ? Do I need a special cable (for example with a different pin connection) ? Do I need a special software ? What protocol is used: ISO, SAE, PWM, VPW, CAN (I tried them all...) ?

The car is running, but its better to solve this problem now... smile.gif

Gundo

ct03nut
have they tried EOBD protocol ?
Gundo
@cto3nut
Yes, my diagnostic adapter and software is able to read all OBD-II an EOBD protocolls.
Gundo
einstein1984
Something odd here: the papuc has a mechanical injection system, the engine does not have a computer (it's 20 years old), so why would they fit an OBD socket?
argon
the F8Q engine from the "sliper"( radmasa.gif ) has a computer(ECU) =>Lucas Diesel DPCN1 Diesel management.
Gundo
OK, I solved the problem:
The new papuc has a modern OBD System, its "EOBD (Europe)". Transmission code is ISO 14230-4 KWP 2000 (5 Baud init).
The car (or let's better say: the type of car) is not recognized by german OBD software, because this car is simply unknown in germany. But it was wrong to stop the tests at this point ! I simply had to go on:
It is anyway possible, to read out the OBD data: load index, speed, motor-RpM, air temperature and water temperature. And it is possible, to read out the error codes (if there are any).
Gundo
Uncle-Sam
der Motor ist nicht der selbe wie bei Renault?
Gundo
argon seems to have problems with the german language...
@Uncle-Sam
Yes and no. The motor is a F8Q, but the subtype is 636. This subtype exists only in Dacia cars. It differs in injection pump and in the electronic management (ECU) from the F8Q motors used in Kangoo or Clio.
Gundo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.