Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Tak-tak sound from a window mechanism?
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
zorpetus

Friend has a pretty annoying problem with his Logan Ambiance. He has quiet yet very persistant tak-tak...tak-tak-tak...tak... sound - that appears to be coming from his left (drivers side) window. When window is fully closed to the top - problem is gone. If window is at least few centimeters open - that noise is present (it is initiated by the little bumps on the road mostly). Even when car is stopped, he managed to get that sound from a window glass when took it with his hand and tried to move it up and down a bit. Apart from that window glass seems to be properly mounted and "stable" .

Model is Ambiance - so it is pure mechanic (no electric motors for windows etc.)

Any idea what might be cause for this?
martin245
This sounds like the cable on the window winder is maybe tapping the inside of the door try holding the winder handle tightly when driving and see how that works
Stu
prody
It is a very common problem amongst Logan owners with mechanicals windows.
Mine makes a noise even when is fully closed. I know how to solve it but i'm a very lazy person, at the romanian section somebody explained how to solve it, but it needs time, atention and skill.
martin245
QUOTE(prody @ 18 Sep 2006, 18:36)
It is a very common problem amongst Logan owners with mechanicals windows.
Mine makes a noise even when is fully closed. I know how to solve it but i'm a very lazy person, at the romanian section somebody explained how to solve it, but it needs time, atention and skill.

Then Share it with us in English
Stu
prody
I'm sorry, i'm afraid i can't translate that post, i have a poor technical english.
Of course i would have told you what's to be done there, altrough i'm not sure that our friend would agree to start working with the screw driver at a brand new car.
martin245
EARPLUGS
Stu
13nov
COPYRIGHT DRAGOSMANEA
I've just translated the essential:

Remove the door panel (remove the interior door handle, the speaker). After you removed all screws , pull hard and constant the door panel starting with the mirror area.

In the first photo you can see the interior of the door and the electric window mechanism:

[attachmentid=34913]

Lower the window at half so you can acces the two screws which hold the window.
Remove the screws in order to remove those black little parts shown in picture no.3. These can be removed by unclicking their clips which must be pressed. For this purpose use a screwdriver simultaneously pressing the clip and by pushing it out.

[attachmentid=34915]

In picture no.3 you can see how it looks after removing the "small black parts". After you remove the screws push-up hard on the window, and then you can leave it free because it won't fall.

[attachmentid=34914]

Place something soft on the entire surface of black part which is in contact with thw window surface (I used a piece of T shirt). Use also grease to lubricate the cloth and the white component.

This is how it should look at the end:

[attachmentid=34917]
zorpetus
QUOTE(13nov @ 19 Sep 2006, 08:42)
COPYRIGHT  DRAGOSMANEA
I've just translated the essential:

Remove the door panel (remove the interior door handle, the speaker). After you removed all screws , pull hard and constant the door panel starting with the mirror area.

Thank you very much for this guided instructions!

As much as I can see this is Logan with electric windows - does it mean that problem is common for all Logans no matter if they do have electric or mechanical window mechanism?
And that cause of that tak-tak sound is the same in both cases?

icatenej
As far as I could tell, this is known problem with all Logans. Also, the same issue appears on Megans and Clios with exactly the same solution shown above... I hope that Renault will change this in the future...
martin245
Mine is OK no noises so far
Stu
dras
Same happens on the Opel Astra H and the new Seat Leon, so it appears to be quite a general problem among car manufacturers.
gonty
It is not a "general problem among car manufacturers"! It's a "general problem among road manufacturers" 022.gif .
And Stu, please do not make us to invite you to stay in our part of Europe... radmasa.gif Your dear Logan will hate you in this case!
martin245
Yes I think you are right there !
In the 70s I drove through East Germany with the British Army en rout to Berlin .I have never seen such big holes in the road as they had
Stu
marksman
Just come to Romania and you'll remember those roads!
martin245
I must say though that German roads are not the best anymore believe me
and to drive on the Autobahn is not fun anymore
Stu
martin245
AAAAGHHHHH .I heard the dreaded tap tap tapping this morning as I drove along a bad road . blink.gif
It is not bad but is annoying I thought it was the door lock button but it wasnt ah well .Its like I said the German roads are also not so good dry.gif
Stu
My Berlina
QUOTE(Illusi0n @ 20 Sep 2006, 11:19)
Just come to Romania and you'll remember those roads!

For Life!

QUOTE(martin245 @ 20 Sep 2006, 13:46)
to drive on the Autobahn is not fun anymore

Since when? happy.gif
martin245
Since Germany started putting speed limits and mass autobahn repairs
in the way
If you want to drive from Karlsruhe to Stuttgart on a work day you need to plan 2 hours for the journey 90kms
go here and have a look around http://www.verkehrsinfo.de/
Stu
Smudo
QUOTE(martin245 @ 20 Sep 2006, 20:46)
I must say though that German roads are not the best anymore believe me
and to drive on the Autobahn is not fun anymore

QUOTE(martin245 @ 8 Oct 2006, 10:14)
Since Germany started putting speed limits and mass autobahn repairs
in the way
If you want to drive from Karlsruhe to Stuttgart on a work day you need to plan 2 hours for the journey 90kms

1. You're right mate, the speed limits on the autobahns are a very big problem especially for the 1,4 with 75 HP Logan owners, isn't it? radmasa.gif

2. If the roads are no more the best, shouldn't be repaired? I mean, this thing i really cannot understand. You want good roads, but no repair measures when necessary. You hate the holes in the road, but during road-repairing you hate that you can not drive with 200 km/h with your muscle-car named logan.

3. And the last question, who forces you to live in Germany, when England has better roads and a better sistem?

I drive every day about 200-300 km here, and I've never said "scheiß Baustelle dahana", because I am happy to see that the people are trying to do something.

P.S: And do not forget that you don't pay any road-taxes in Germany, as you pay almost anywhere else in Europe. What do you say about Austria, where you pay autobahn taxes, and the roads (I may say) are not a bit better than in Germany? Or Romania? You pay road taxes, but you got almost no highway at all. For a 300 km journey you have to plan 5 or 6 ours and a visit to service after that.
martin245
#1 the logan can reach the German speed limit of 130 kph (recomended)
#2 I have lived in Germany for 35 yrs also do not find this being any of your business mad.gif
We do all pay road tax and it is a lot of money when you realize that 87cents of our Petrol money goes into the tax pot 1 ltr costs 125cents
ask any Romanian truck driver what he thinks of the german rip off roads who track trucks by Satelit and send the ROAD TAX on to the trucking firm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toll_Collect
#Why do you not fill in your profile ? Where you live and what you drive (Age) cool.gif
Stu
DFA
To all: please return to the topic (Tak-tak sound from a window mechanism), or else i will take measures against all of you.
martin245
Oops
stu
mccoy
So...
mccoy
Sorry for getting more old and senile radmasa.gif
This one works...if somebody is still interested.

http://www.daciaclub.ro/https://www.daciaclub.ro/index.php?showtopic=54505
martin245
Mccoy !!
That is my English Humour (I love it )
keep up the good fun
Stu
mccoy
I’d rather say Scottish… tongue.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif

http://www.daciaclub.ro/https://www.daciaclub.ro/index.php?showtopic=47291&st=0
martin245
If its Scotch what you mean .....and in a bottle .... then you have got it Right first time ..HICK wub.gif
STU http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh/scotch.html

off topic again but still love my Logan blush.gif
mccoy
Haven’t you heard for Scottish sense of humor?
Scottish – of or related to Scotland…

Don`t drink Scotch and drive...Logan.
Sloba
QUOTE(martin245 @ 29 Sep 2006, 18:56)
AAAAGHHHHH .I heard the dreaded tap tap tapping this morning as I drove along a bad road . blink.gif
It is not bad but is annoying I thought it was the door lock button but it wasnt ah well .

Is is something that you can ask the dealer to repair for you within the warranty period?

Or they will just say: well it is not a malfunction, it is just (annoying) sound - thereofre, there is not reason to claim the warranty. sad.gif

xtraya
what is a price of glass for front windows?
Peja
I had problem of tik-tak noise coming from front panel...and sounds like relay tik-tak, but it was itiated with slightly bad road. I was trying more than a month to find cause of it in driver cabine, BUT, BUT, BUT "tik-tak" was coming from motor space!

Factory spared some cable holders, and (cable for front light adjusting)+(touched hidraulic reservoar)+(motor&road vibrations)="tik-tak"

I was always good in mathematics smile.gif

Here is the photo of "tik-tak" noise sourcem marked with "1". "2" was potetialy suspicious.

user posted imageuser posted image

Best Regards,
Peja
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.