DaciaClub Logo

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Help me fix up Grandmas Duster (carb problem)

depprussell
post 28 Jun 2018, 08:22
Post #1

Membru incepator

Group: Members

HI,

I recently got Grandmas 1970 Plymouth Duster out of storage where it has sat for maybe the last six or seven years and after the appropriate TLC to get the fluids happy again she is running like a dream (with only 58,000 original miles I'm not surprised) but I've got a strong gas odor coming from the carb.
With my limited knowledge of such things I believe I have traced the source down to what the Chiltons says is the Hot Idle Compensator Valve. It appears the Valve Plate is completely missing and maybe even the valve itself as there is just a cavity there with nothing in it that I can spot. Now, I've done some research online and it seems as though this was a misguided attempt to create a controlled vacuum leak to let the car idle better at temperature. I guess I have two questions.
1) Since the general consensus is you don't need to have this, is there any way to adequately seal the hole and close the vacuum leak?
2) I've been looking for a valve replacement but I cannot for the life of me find anything. Does anybody know where I might be able to find a HIC valve and plate?

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:
http://slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48619
Online Video Service

Thanks!

--------------------
BMW N46 2004
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
einstein1984
post 28 Jun 2018, 08:31
Post #2

fan Dacia

Group: Members

good day, we here know more about the Dacia duster, made from 2012... And this one is fuel injected. Maybe some american forum might know more about that carb and where to source parts.

--------------------
daca nu ai o toyota 4X4,ai gresit masina - negru pe alb
"Popa Nan e-o stradă-nspre Hala Traian
De la Foișor până-n Piața Vitan"
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 18:06
Forum Renault