Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Tyres for Logan

Keka
post 10 Jun 2007, 14:11
Post #1

Logan driver :P

Group: Members

When I bought mine Loga, it came with Montana M801 tyres, 185/65R15. There were few words about these, I can add than they perform well in dry, but in wet and snow it's disaster. But I've driven 45.000 km and still have sme 6 mm left in front, and rear are as new.
I'm thinking about replacing those tyres with 2 pcs of Continental Premiumcontact2 and 2 pcs of Goodyear Ultragrip7.......
Does anybody have some expirience with those tyres?

--------------------
Dacia Logan 2004 1.6 MPI Laureat pack LPG by Dora - Kadett 1.6D 1983
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
CriSTI68
post 10 Jun 2007, 16:56
Post #2

Membru Valvos

montana for summer, dry conditions

good choice with Goodyear Ultragrip7 smile.gif

This post has been edited by Adrianno: 10 Jun 2007, 16:56

--------------------
Dacia Logan 2008 Prestige 1.6 16V 105 Ponei Putere - EDH
Renault Clio 3 - 2008 1.5 dci
+
g100sic
post 10 Jun 2007, 18:25
Post #3

Membru autentic

First of all, why did you let your tires wear out so unevenly, why didn't you switch them between front and rear axles, at least once a year if not more often (say, on every regular service)?

I've got Continental tires on my Logan (type Ecocontact, I think), but I have it for only 6 months (and 3200 km), so it's still early for some conclusions, especially under slippery conditions, since this winter was almost without snow.

I was able to experience with them a slight under-steering effect in very sharp turns (under dry conditions) though, as a result of a combination of Logan's rather soft suspension and soft side walls of the tires.

But even that was a lot less then what I experienced with my old car (Lada Samara 1300 in combination with Sava tires).

As for what you are considering to buy, don't you think both of those are a slight "overkill" for Logan?!

--------------------
Ford Fiesta 1.4 (96 HP) 2010 / Trend (Flex Pack 11)
Never argue with a fool -- people might not notice the difference! (Murphy's First Law of Debate)
+
Keka
post 10 Jun 2007, 20:20
Post #4

Last winter I almost got killed due to lack of winter tyres, guy with Lada Niva appeared in my lae, and braking (with ABS) on snow with Montana M801 is like like ice-skating, so I will NOT make any question about winter tyres. Alternative is Tigar Hitris for summer/rain and Tigar WinterA for snow, but I've heard that Conti and Goodyear are much better (and more expensive, but what the hell....). Anyway this topic is about your personal expirience with different types of tyres, so I can make my mind (and help others). Of course there are some tyre tests and issue of it's objectivity biggrin.gif
I saw new LGNS with Michelin E3A tyres. I have E3B on my Kadett and saw no difference between Tigar TG621 and those new expensive ones sad.gif

--------------------
+
taco
post 10 Jun 2007, 23:32
Post #5

Saving for a Logan Hatchback Diesel

I think it also depends on how fast you drive / accelerate. I don't drive really fast (120-130 motorway, 80-100 out of motorway) and I'm careful with braking or accelerating (I mean, I try to drive as softly as possible, which is good for my car, for the environment...and my wallet tongue.gif ). I've driven Firestone, Continental Eco, Pirelli P3000 and Michelin Energy, all of them dry, wet and really wet ( but not on snow) and I'm pleased at most with Michelin. In Spain they are a bit more expensive than the others I mention but they last definitively longer and in much better condition for longer time. Continental tyres are a very good option as well but I think they make some more noise than Michelin. Pirelli have better grip (i.e: you can drive faster when taking curves ) but they don't really last long and after some 25.000 they lose many of their advantages. Firestone is a brand I think I won't buy again even if they are really OK (they are quite affordable, but they are very noisy, and the grip and km's of use are just average)

But as I say, that's just my experience, other may (and will) differ wink.gif

--------------------
citroen saxo 1.5 D
+
DenNy
post 11 Jun 2007, 09:54
Post #6

Membru

QUOTE(Keka @ 10 Jun 2007, 19:20)
Last winter I almost got killed due to lack of winter tyres, guy with Lada Niva appeared in my lae, and braking (with ABS) on snow with Montana M801 is like like ice-skating, so I will NOT make any question about winter tyres. Alternative is Tigar Hitris for summer/rain and Tigar WinterA for snow, but I've heard that Conti and Goodyear are much better (and more expensive, but what the hell....). Anyway this topic is about your personal expirience with different types of tyres, so I can make my mind (and help others). Of course there are some tyre tests and issue of it's objectivity  biggrin.gif
I saw new LGNS with Michelin E3A tyres. I have E3B on my Kadett and saw no difference between Tigar TG621 and those new expensive ones  sad.gif

I use Hitris now, and WinterA in winter. This is second year that I use Hitris 185/65/15 and also WinterA 195/65/15.
Hitris is almost same as Pilot Primacy, I mean it have same asymmetric tread pattern.
I didn't find any problems with both tires until now.

This post has been edited by DenNy: 11 Jun 2007, 09:58

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureat Plus 1.4 - PA-81
+
g100sic
post 11 Jun 2007, 10:23
Post #7

Membru autentic

QUOTE(Keka @ 10 Jun 2007, 19:20)
I saw new LGNS with Michelin E3A tyres. I have E3B on my Kadett and saw no difference between Tigar TG621 and those new expensive ones  sad.gif

The devil is in the details, although they may look the same, there is the reason why Michelin is in F1 business, and Tigar is not (although it is a part of the Michelin group), and that "devil" in this case is the mixture of the rubber.

As for the experience, so far I can only tell what I know with my previous car. I had Tigar 621, but when I switched to Sava (Effecta), almost every aspect of the drive improved. The comfort was better, thanks to softer side walls, the traction and grip were also improved noticeably, especially on the snow and heavy rain. The only problem I already described, you could feel the understeering and bending of the front tires if you pushed to the limit in very sharp turns. Also, they were a softer compound tires, so they were wearing out quicker then Tigar, but then again, I did not have to throw away Tigar tires because of they were worn out, but because they became "dry", and started leaking air through the cracks in the material!

As for Logan and Continental, so far I can only say that it feels even better then Sava, but as I said, I was not yet able to test it under slippery conditions.

--------------------
Never argue with a fool -- people might not notice the difference! (Murphy's First Law of Debate)
+
Boris
post 11 Jun 2007, 13:31
Post #8

Croatian member

QUOTE(g100sic @ 11 Jun 2007, 09:23)
I did not have to throw away Tigar tires because of they were worn out, but because they became "dry", and started leaking air through the cracks in the material!

How long did you have those tires? A decade?

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.6 2005 + LPG Landi Renzo sequent
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
+
martin245
post 11 Jun 2007, 17:58
Post #9

EX PAT

you could feel the understeering and bending of the front tires if you pushed to the limit in very sharp turns a scapat.gif

If you ever come to Germany let me know and I will stay out of your way ras hohote.gif
Stu

This post has been edited by martin245: 11 Jun 2007, 18:00

--------------------
dacia logan 14 mpi Simply RED 2007 - GB 1
Bessy Regs
+
Keka
post 11 Jun 2007, 19:38
Post #10

I had Sava tyres on my Kadett too, i think it was Effecta.....it was disaster in rain....
Tigar Hitris and Michelin Pilot Primacy really look very very similar biggrin.gif but what is inside? blink.gif once upon time, Trayal T100 and Michelin MXT looked very very similar smile.gif but I had to throw Trayal tyres away after 6 month because they were leaking air all around, performed terribly and had some weird cracks all over etc etc.

How does Hitris perform on wet? Few month ago, I was driving far behind Kadett E, it was raining, and it started hard braking in front of the traffic lights. With those Montana M801 I almost crashed into it, suppose centimeters were separating us. No use of ABS and keeping long distance. That's why I'm interested in tyre performance in wet, I think it is more important then in dry.

As for winter tyres, I've made my mind- UG7 biggrin.gif as soon as I come back from vacation, and find some second hand tyre seller who is willing to buy 2 of mine Montana's, I'll buy UG7.

--------------------
+
g100sic
post 11 Jun 2007, 21:30
Post #11

Membru autentic

@Boris
I owned that Lada Samara for 7 years, I bought it as used, it already had those Tigar tires mounted so I don't know how old they were, but I had them replaced BEFORE they got worn out on the contact surface. It was some 4 years after I bought the car, and at the time I bought it they appeared to be in very good shape, almost new.

QUOTE(martin245 @ 11 Jun 2007, 16:58)
you could feel the understeering and bending of the front tires if you pushed to the limit in very sharp turns a scapat.gif

If you ever come to Germany let me know and I will stay out of your way ras hohote.gif
Stu

Stu, what is your point???
What did I do to scare you so much? biggrin.gif

When pushing things to the limit it is normal to expect all kind of weird things happening! In fact, by experiencing those things you actually know that you have pushed to the limit (and it is time to back off, if you have some common sense)! biggrin.gif

@Keka
Did you know that Sava is part of the Goodyear group, as Tigar is under Michelin? Look carefully where Goodyear tires are made, they may come from the same factory as Sava (here in Serbia, most likely from Turkey… yes, Sava from Turkey, not Slovenia)! I saw it with my own eyes!

--------------------
+
martin245
post 11 Jun 2007, 21:48
Post #12

EX PAT

YOU FRIGHTENED ME
WITH YOUR OLD LEAKING TYRES THAT I WOULD NOT PUT ON A SCATEBOARD
BAD TYRES ARE ONLY ON CARS FROM BAD DRIVERS
STU

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
g100sic
post 11 Jun 2007, 22:22
Post #13

Membru autentic

Please, Stu, do not be so pompous!

My tires were leaking only for a couple of days; I had them replaced as soon as I noticed, even though I was making less then 400 Euros per month at that time!!! Replacement cost me 1/4 of my salary at that time, but I paid it without a blink!!!

When you live in some fortunate part of the world and earn as much as you probably do, it is easy to call less fortunate people bad names! And do not forget that I still managed to buy the same car as you, so don’t call me cheap, nor bad driver only because I wasn’t able to follow your high standards!!!

And you do not have to be afraid of me, because I’m not suicidal, I think of my head even if I wouldn’t think of yours! biggrin.gif

Oh, and I forgot to mention... Back then I also bought 2 brand new wheel rims, although they were not leaking!! tongue.gif biggrin.gif

11 Jun 2007, 23:06:
@Keka
Man, you seem to have had too many of those "almost crashing" situations for my taste! biggrin.gif Good or bad tires, under the law the guilty party is the one who hits from behind! biggrin.gif

And poor Stu is afraid of me... biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by g100sic: 12 Jun 2007, 00:06

--------------------
+
martin245
post 12 Jun 2007, 07:35
Post #14

EX PAT

OK i AGREE MONEY IS A PROBLEM (OR WAS)
But you drove too long on those tyres .It is not just you that you can kill it could be children or anyone (would you drive with faulty brakes )or drive till they are gone ?
and a blowout at 80 t0 100kmh can be deadly if a truck is coming the other way (or a Schoolbus)
ok end of topic
Just look after your tyres and your life
Stu

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
Keka
post 12 Jun 2007, 11:26
Post #15

Well, when you drive 50.000 km per year, everyone can get in one or two "alost crashed" situation biggrin.gif luckily I haven't crashed for 8 years now radmasa.gif

Or your point was that I'm a bad driver? mad.gif

--------------------
+
g100sic
post 12 Jun 2007, 16:59
Post #16

Membru autentic

@Stu
Please read what I wrote before answering so I don't have to repeat myself!

Thanks for a general advice, but, as I said, I DO CARE about the car I trust my and my familiy's lives with, and I did what was necessary imediately after the problem became aparent, as I always do!

Samara.jpg ( Size: 73.97k ) Number of downloads: 1600

Or better... The image is worth a thousand words, so... There is a picture, of a car 14,5 years old. I sold it (just before I bought Logan) in less then a week after I put an ad on it's windshield, and after more then 6 months I still receive calls from potential buyers who saw it on the internet ads! I still regret that I didn't put at least 30% bigger price (it went for 1500 Eur)!

End of topic from my side too!

12 Jun 2007, 16:14:
QUOTE(Keka @ 12 Jun 2007, 10:26)
luckily I haven't crashed for 8 years now  radmasa.gif

Or your point was that I'm a bad driver?  mad.gif

Good for you!! biggrin.gif I wish you keep being lucky! biggrin.gif
Me, I wouldn't push my luck that much, I think it's not healthy... biggrin.gif

As for your driving skills, I wouldn't judge them, as in my life I try to follow the Biblical rule "Do not judge for you will be judged!"... But there are those whose job is to judge, and under their rules you would be guilty, that was my point! biggrin.gif You figure it for yourself...

Oh, and let's note one more fact - there are driving skills, but then there are also driving habits!

This post has been edited by g100sic: 12 Jun 2007, 17:14

--------------------
+
Keka
post 12 Jun 2007, 19:09
Post #17

Just kidding.......I'm aware that when you drive a lot in short period of time, things can happen......No matter who is guilty, cars are damaged.

But I've a question biggrin.gif

Does this count in crashes? radmasa.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
0000.JPG ( Size: 255.63k ) Number of downloads: 1477
0003.JPG ( Size: 306.05k ) Number of downloads: 1483

--------------------
+
xtraya
post 14 Jun 2007, 02:25
Post #18

Membru incepator

some idiot kicked my logan in the bumper with big concreate truck!
you cannot believe, idiot moved so close, and drilled my front bumper, scrached a paint over front left wheel (krilo), and broke my left light bulb!!!!

ofcourse car was in a front of my house parked ....

--------------------
Dacia Logan 1.4 - 1.4
+
Keka
post 14 Jun 2007, 21:52
Post #19

Man, I'm so sorry for you and your car sad.gif

I had similar situation-unknown person scratched on parking lot my LGN's front bumper, on very right end, but I had luck-plastic part was scratched only where it has no paint, so it is hardly visible now.

The worst part is that you have to change now whole headlight, and duoe to guarantee maybe you will have to change the wing too. Before reparation check with the dealer where is the best to have your car repaired in order not to loose guarantee.

Best wishes from the seaside

--------------------
+
Keka
post 30 Jun 2007, 14:50
Post #20

I just bought 2 Contis Premium contact 2.......what a difference in dry......car is nailed to the ground........Now I'm waiting for rain to see how it performs biggrin.gif

--------------------
+
xtraya
post 30 Jun 2007, 19:47
Post #21

Membru incepator

what is the price? and are Tiger 621 cool or not?

--------------------
Dacia Logan 1.4 - 1.4
+
Keka
post 30 Jun 2007, 22:10
Post #22

2 pcs with balance cost 17.200 RSD and there is 5 year warranty.

TG 621 is another category.....you get as much as you pay biggrin.gif

--------------------
+
xtraya
post 30 Jun 2007, 22:57
Post #23

Membru incepator

but how much costs montana`s in romania?

--------------------
Dacia Logan 1.4 - 1.4
+
Keka
post 1 Jul 2007, 19:56
Post #24

I have no idea biggrin.gif but tyre dealers in Serbia don't want to sell Montana, they say it is worse then Trayal ohmy.gif

If that is possible radmasa.gif

--------------------
+
Asi
post 1 Jul 2007, 23:04
Post #25

Camaro SS

i had continental premium contact2, and it performed well.. but theire performance was not spectaculous in dry condition.. in wet condition performed well (for a wet condition),
anyway.. i changed them with vredenstein ultrac sessanta.. it really makes a difference, on wet is just as continentals were, put on dry they really show it's face.. cornering is briliant.. and braking too, also on heavy accelerations i cannot spin out the tires (as much i did with continentals.. not like i would want to spin them out.. but less spinning means more acceration. also more braking power.. )

so i'm very happy of my new tyres, but.. they are wearing a lot quicker.. softer compound. (1 have with them 10000km.. and already weard about 5-10mm)

--------------------
Mitsubishi/Mercedes Carisma/B-class 2003 1.9 DI-D/2007 200CDI - B 79 ASI/Bxxx
"Cei care au puterea de a constrange n-au nevoie sa recurga la judeacata" (Thucydides, 1, 77, 2)
+
Keka
post 2 Jul 2007, 14:17
Post #26

Those tyres are not same category and can't be compared.......CPC2 scored excellent results in various tests in Germany and other countries.

I've never had Ultrac, but I wonder what type of tyre is one that lost 10mm of profile after 10.000 km and is still on the car? biggrin.gif

--------------------
+
g100sic
post 3 Jul 2007, 11:17
Post #27

Membru autentic

QUOTE(Keka @ 2 Jul 2007, 13:17)
I've never had Ultrac, but I wonder what type of tyre is one that lost 10mm of profile after 10.000 km and is still on the car?  biggrin.gif

The ones for VERY HIGH speeds, obviously, with extreme grip... For POWER cars, not for Dacia Logans...biggrin.gif

http://www.vredestein.com/Banden_Bandtypes...=1&BandtypeID=3

They are not even made in adequate sizes...biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by g100sic: 3 Jul 2007, 11:26

--------------------
+
Keka
post 4 Jul 2007, 22:39
Post #28

With current wear rate, those Ultrac bla bla will fit LGN perfectly in few months radmasa.gif

--------------------
+
Keka
post 13 Sep 2007, 18:36
Post #29

Today I had to buy 2 pcs of Goodyear Ultragrip 7 plus tyres. Old Montanas on rear axle deformed on thread ply. On rear left appeared some small "hills". Very poor quality, although there is 6 mm profile, it deformed.
Anyway this is not brand new model of tyre, but improved UG7.
It costs in Novi Sad 5900 RSD (some 70 euro), so now I'm waiting for snow to test them tongue.gif for now they're at rear axle.

--------------------
+
martin245
post 13 Sep 2007, 19:09
Post #30

EX PAT

You will find that winter tyres work a lot better on the drive axel !!!
on the back they just get pulled along .So its the front that needs the traction
and best of all is 4 NEW WINTER TYRES
Stu

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
4 Pages  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 19:41
Forum Renault