DaciaClub Logo

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> What can you say about Solenza ? Is Lanos better ?

D!G.ua
post 29 Jun 2003, 00:16
Post #1

Membru incepator

Group: Members

Hi, people,

Solenza is a new car in Ukraine. So what can you say about it ? What are your impressions ? What weaknesses do you know ? Here in Ukraine SOLENZA SCALA costs EUR 7400-7600 (I know - it's more than in Romania) and actually choice is DAEWOO LANOS SE or DACIA SOLENZA CLIMA/SCALA. They are priced and equipped almost equally here. I think you should know Lanos. So what whould you choose and why?
Thanks for reply.

Have fun and no pit on road!

PS. Sorry, I dont know Romanian.

--------------------
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
AlexV
post 29 Jun 2003, 00:21
Post #2

Admin?

Group: Admin

Solenza is way better then Lanos. Solenza owners please describe your car in english. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Toyota RAV4 2.0
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth," Oscar Wilde.
+
Letto
post 29 Jun 2003, 07:12
Post #3

Membru incepator

Before we give you any advice we must know:

1.IS THAT SOLENZA MADE IN ROMANIA ? (IF YES-IT HAS 2 BLACK POINTS )

2. WHERE IS THAT LANOS MADE ?

3. HOW ARE YOUR ROADS ? (BAD , GOOD , KIND OF OFF-ROADS(LIKE OURS) )

4. HOW MANY YEARS DO YOU WANT TO KEEP THAT CAR?

--------------------
Orshicit...
+
D!G.ua
post 29 Jun 2003, 20:11
Post #4

Membru incepator

1. I think, yes - this SOLENZA was made in Romania (Actually, I don't know any other place it can be made at)

2. Lanos was made either in Korea (but assembled in Ukraine from large parts) or parts (engine, transmission etc) from Korea but body (without engine etc.) - from Poland. It has 1.5 engine with monoinjector.

3. In Ukraine roads are pretty bad, but in Kiev (where I live) roads are in better condition. I would say - more good than bad.

4. I want to keep this car for 3 years (until I settle credit). If after 3 years SOLENZA will be still in good condition - may be up to 5 years. Then sell it. By the way, how much of original price in may loose in 3 years ?

--------------------
+
Letto
post 30 Jun 2003, 07:56
Post #5

Membru incepator

U have to know that romanian cars brakes from time to time.evrything that is made by RENAULT in it is good but the rest is bad quality.Here in ROMANIA DACIA is the most popular car so evrybody know how to fix it so if u knw about mecanics dacia may be the wright choise .
If in Ukraine the changing parts and the costs are the same 4 solenta and lanos u should certainly go for the Lanos(in ROMANIA they are cheep for solenza and very expensive for daewoo );so , it depends of your money...

From May next year Dacia is goin' to make a new car witch is far more better than solenza but at the same price , so hwo will wanna buy solenza then ...?

--------------------
Orshicit...
+
ve
post 30 Jun 2003, 08:29
Post #6

Membru incepator

I would take solentza for its engine.
The daewoo engine is far older than renault engine. The fuel consumption and the performance is far better with the renault engine. The car is also a little lighter I think.

I would change the shock absorbers though wich are a soft specialy if you are going on good roads.

My advice is: if you like speed take solentza.
If you like confort take lanos.

--------------------
+
Marty
post 30 Jun 2003, 15:07
Post #7

Membru cu privire de ansamblu

Can you tell us what options has Scala available for Ukraine ? Here you can get it with: power steering, electric front windows, air conditioning, body coloured bumpers, 14" alloy weels. So, is there any option, other than listed above, that is available in Ukraine, like: ABS, Airbag, Climate Control ???

--------------------
Gillette De unica folosinta 2011 - B 999 NAM
Mindru absolvent de grup scolar.
+
D!G.ua
post 30 Jun 2003, 20:01
Post #8

Membru incepator

I've seen Internet sites of some Romanian auto dealers (Latinefedacia for instance). Set of options for all modifications (CONFORT, RAPSODIA, CLIMA, SCALA) in Romania is exactly the same as in Ukraine. SCALA has all options you've listed plus CD-player, back spoiler and some minor details. No ABS, Airbag or some other serious options for any of these modifications. I think there are standart sets of options available for all countries. Also I've seen some sites in Belarus - set of options is the same as in Romania and in Ukraine.

--------------------
+
klaus
post 30 Jun 2003, 22:20
Post #9

步步

Group: Moderatori

Dear D!G.ua, if Lanos and Solenza are fairly equal regarding the price, go and buy a Lanos. Even if it's 10-20 percent more expensive, my opinion is that Lanos worth the money (is not the best money car can buy, but is better than Solenza). But, if the price difference is higher than 20%, you should be more carefull.
The best advice is go and try both of them. If your dealers don't let you drive the cars, get inside, feel, touch, change the gear (here Solenza is better), touch the dashbord, the weel, the chairs, feel the quality.
Daewoo cars are fairly reliable, with not too many problems, and also not too expensive in long term. And are for sure of better quality, at least here in Romania

--------------------
Scenic III 1.9 dCi - - - -
E mult mai bine să mă înșel din prea multă suspiciune decît din prea multă naivitate. - Cristoiu
+
bogdan_o
post 9 Jul 2003, 17:21
Post #10

om ca, din pacate, din ce in ce mai putini

You've asked us what weaknesses does it have. Here is a list of them: poor water sealing (water leaks inside the car when it rains much or when washed under pressure), central door locking with problems (you cannot lock the doors mecanically. In the event of a failure you have to sleep in your car), noisy engine under 1000 rpm (diesel-like), poor craftmanship (gaps in joints). The best features are the engine and the gearbox.

--------------------
Dacia SLZ 1.4 / Break CL
E bine sa fii multumit cu ceea ce ai, dar nu si de ceea ce esti (Sir James MacKintosh)
+
Ovidiu Lixandru
post 10 Jul 2003, 22:20
Post #11

Membru incepator

It depends also on how easy you can get new bodyparts for either of them. Here, in Romania, it's easier and cheaper with a Dacia. You won't have to worry for a couple of thousand km's with either of them, but the day will come.. wink.gif

--------------------
A sinner's mind is a sanctum -
+
barzanv
post 11 Jul 2003, 10:19
Post #12

Membru incepator

Be a smart boy and buy a lanos.
I was in the same situation, I had to choose between Daewoo Matiz and solenza scala at the same price. Guess What ? I choosed matiz and I`m not sorry for it. You are more lucky because you can choose a larger car: Lanos. I have many friends that own Solenza and they don`t know how to get rid of them. If you were able to read in our language all this forum , you wouldn`t had opened this topic , belive me.
Anyway , if you go for Solneza , you show great courage.
Please let us know your choice.
After 3 years you won`t have what to sell, if you choose dacia
dacia means"If you have head(mind - intelligence ) take another"

--------------------
+
Letto
post 11 Jul 2003, 14:54
Post #13

Membru incepator

...da' rau eshti dom'le!! 022.gif 022.gif
(...you re mean man !!!)

--------------------
Orshicit...
+
post 11 Jul 2003, 15:22
Post #14

Group:

Warn: (0%) -----

Hey barzanv, if you made the mistake of buying a shopping cart with a steering wheel, I can underdstand your frustration, but don't take it out on the unsuspecting stanger!! Let the man buy a car he will enjoy!!

Now, seroiusly, Solenta is not the most confortable, nore the most dependable car ever. And at 7500EUR it may be a little overpriced. But you really should check out the quality and price of servicing. In Ro the servicing prices are notoriously high for Daewoos and very low for Dacia. So here the car is a good deal. If in Ukr, the difference in servicing quality/price is not very high, the Lanos should be a better deal (better reliability).

Good luck!

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+
MoneyTalks
post 11 Jul 2003, 23:15
Post #15

-

In Ro the servicing prices are notoriously high  for Daewoos and very low for Dacia. So here the car is a good deal.  

You are kidding, aren't you? icon_twisted.gif Or you dont want to copmpute the overall cost for Daewoo and Dacia icon_twisted.gif

As a former owner of a Daewoo for more than 6 years, I didn't spend any extra money for repairing my car and I had driven the car all over Europe. The only parts I had replaced were the ones in the user manual. NOTHING extra 8) And the price for these parts are normal. For Dacia you have to spend money for repairing almost every month, and in the best case, every two months. Doesn't matter how much, you have to repair something. If you add all this money for 6 years, the total price for Daewoo and Dacia is quite strange: you spend for Dacia almost 50% more than for Daewoo and this is the best case.

Anyway, it's your money and decision is yours! 8)

PS. A good Romanian motto says: "If you fill a Dacia's tank with fuel, you will double its price" icon_twisted.gif

--------------------
Lexus ES300H 2020
+
AlexV
post 12 Jul 2003, 00:34
Post #16

Admin?

We have 2 daewoo cielo. after 7 years the cars were in a bad shape so we did some repaires. on one of them we spent more then 1500 dolars. and now, after repairs it is a car like an old dacia. nothing works like they should. the engine was fully repaired and it still does not work properly.
maybe cielo is above supernova but solenza is way better. and lanos is not better then cielo.
if you read what some solenza owners write here you will think it is a bad car. somebody is sad because his car door vibrates when it's open. my car door vibrates and I drive a brand new clio. renault megane 2's door vibrates. maybe merc s600's door does not vibrate but it costs 20 time more then a dacia. (no ofence Daniel, please).
people expect much more from it. it is not a luxury car and it dose not cost as much as one.
i, for one am very pleased with my supernova. it has never let me down, and it went where many cars woudn't go.

p.s. it is in fact a she. she is and will be (even if I'll someday drive a velsatis) my green froggy. I realy feal sad for sealing her.

my car is now in the back yard, dirty and wet. many of you feel sad for her, don't you? that is because you are crazy. it has no fealings. and the new one is much better. (this is from a tv spot www.renault.as.ro/ikea-lamp.mov )

--------------------
Toyota RAV4 2.0
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth," Oscar Wilde.
+
Ovidiu Lixandru
post 12 Jul 2003, 21:12
Post #17

Membru incepator

You've asked us what weaknesses does it have. Here is a list of them: poor water sealing (water leaks inside the car when it rains much or when washed under pressure), central door locking with problems (you cannot lock the doors mecanically. In the event of a failure you have to sleep in your car), noisy engine under 1000 rpm (diesel-like), poor craftmanship (gaps in joints). The best features are the engine and the gearbox.

I have to disagree. Yesterday I drove on the highway on a torrential rain at 130kph and i must say Solenza is waterproof. There is no water leakage in high pressure carwash either.

Regarding the locks, in case of failure, you won't have to sleep in it because it also has a mechanical key lock.

The engine is a bit noisy, but only from the outside. It won't bother you inside the car.

As for the craftmanship, well... The old Dacia's are renowned for that. I guess Renault just couldn't drop everything in a snap.

--------------------
A sinner's mind is a sanctum -
+
D!G.ua
post 26 Jul 2003, 21:15
Post #18

Membru incepator

Hi, again! I was on vacation so couldn't make postings here.

As you advised I went to autosalon and explored both of them (Solenza and Lanos). May be Lanos appeared of a little bit higher assembling quality, but Solenza has left better impression (more comfortable salon and ergonomics). I never had a car so my feeling may be wrong.

There is a question for me about rust resistance of Solenza. Do your dealers give "no rust" warranty on body ? If yes - how many years ? Also seller said that bottom (floor) of Solenza's body is zink plated. Is this true ?

And what is fabric warranty on Solenza in Romania (years/kilometers) ? Here in Ukraine dealers provide 1year/50.000km warranty for Solenza.

Also I asked for some spare parts pricing. Spare parts for Lanos are 1.5-2 time more expencive then for Solenza. For instance front window glass - 130-150USD for Solenza and 200-220 USD for Lanos. Servicing also costs 1.5 times more for Lanos.

bibicu said that his Dacia is broken every month ot two. As I know Solenza is being sold only since this April (3 months only). So nobody even run out of warranty! Or he is talking about older modifications of Dacia ? Is Solenza of the same (poor) quality as older modifications (SuperNova) ? I would appreciate comments of those who owned SuperNova before Solenza.

In Ukraine we have large autoplant - ZAZ. Cars made by ZAZ (named Tavria) were of very poor quality and were very cheap. Their lifetime was not more than 60.000 - 80.000 km. Then 50% of ZAZ were bought by Daewoo. Daewoo invested about USD 150mln in ZAZ and redesigned Tavria. Since 1998 this plant produces "Tavria Nova" (like SuperNova smile.gif ). It is still cheapest car in Ukraine, but it's quality is much better then previous, lifetime was doubled! Tavria Nova is still not prestige car, but many owners say good about it (especially for its price). On other hand - there is still very poor reputation of ZAZ which is based mainly on those poor cars produced before 1998.

Why I'm talking about this? Renault invested huge amount of money into Dacia. Solenza was declared as "1st car produced by Dacia as Renault group brand". Not SuperNova but Solenza. Do you think Solenza is still of the same quality as SuperNova or not ?

--------------------
+
MMihai
post 26 Jul 2003, 21:57
Post #19

Membru autentic

Here in Romania the warranty for Solenza is 1year anf a half or 100000km, and there is no souch thing as rust warranty laugh.gif

--------------------
Renault Megane III 1.6 16V 110cp Noir Nacre
+
AlexV
post 27 Jul 2003, 13:52
Post #20

Admin?

i have 2 daewoo cielo from coreea and both of them are rusted.
today i drove a solenza (again). it's worth every penny.

--------------------
Toyota RAV4 2.0
+
Watchful snake
post 28 Jul 2003, 11:12
Post #21

Membru

I agree. I own a Solenza Clima and I am very pleased. Every unpleased guy here searches the perfection in a quite cheap car. Some of them are right because there still are some small neglected details. But I bet you can find defects even in a Porsche if you really want. And the warranty period is made to solve every defect. Never mind. Here, in Romania, Solenza is the option because of the cheap spare parts and services. I don't know the price of the same parts and services in your country. My new car is far above the old Dacia (assembled during the communist regime) concerning the engine, the gear box, the assisted steering wheel, the dashboard and the interior look. And it has air conditioning system. It's on you to decide. laugh.gif

--------------------
Dacia Solenza Clima 2003
Nu conduceți mai repede decît poate zbura îngerul vostru păzitor!!!...
+
felix
post 29 Jul 2003, 09:13
Post #22

Membru incepator

I had the opportunity to buy a Lanos (imported) with 105hp, 1.6l engine, ABS, airbag, 25000km, from 1999. The price - 4500USD (11.000USD was new).

First I thought it was a bargain but after reading a series of very poor ratings about this car I decided not to buy...All the reviews (including the professional tests) say that Lanos is a step backward compared to Cielo.

Also the fact that it has no air conditioned and the spare parts are very expensive made me keep my "old" Dacia Supernova...

--------------------
+
Mirelush
post 10 Nov 2003, 13:20
Post #23

Membru

nenea barzanv itzi zik pe romaneste , sper s nu te super da ai fakut o alegere de om slab ku duhu
1 la mana nu potzi kompara matizu ku solenza .. clase diferite de mashini , si matizu e un kkt ! e ce ami zlaba ,mashina de la daewoo e mai proasta ca 1300 nu ash lua asha ceva ! pe kuvant 2 la mama are un motor mic shi de kkt !!!! icon_twisted.gif orikum daewoo e o firma nasoala ! asha ka nu as lua nimik de la ei icon_evil.gif

--------------------
Mirel
+
Valentine
post 10 Nov 2003, 19:01
Post #24

Old Timer

the fact of the matter is that considering the financial details you have posted above, I strongly recommend a Solenza.

all the problems listed here are mainly concerning different sounds, glitches, really nothing of importance. Some people were complaining at the bengining about water inside the car, but it seems that most of them suffered from condensation.

I don't know Daewoo cars that good, but I can see no reason for you not to buy a Solenza.

--------------------
Ford Focus 2009
Hi, I'm a signature virus. Please replace your old signature with this signature and help me take over the world of signatures.

Atentie, atentie, si iar atentie!
+
MoneyTalks
post 10 Nov 2003, 20:37
Post #25

-

You guys are so funny... icon_mrgreen.gif If the guy who started this topic understands Romanian, he would be amazed what one can read all over the forum... icon_mrgreen.gif icon_mrgreen.gif

By the way, this is also for you, Valentine... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Lexus ES300H 2020
Religia a aparut cind primul ticalos s-a intilnit cu primul prost

Never underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups
+
Valentine
post 10 Nov 2003, 21:07
Post #26

Old Timer

let me say (in my defence) the translation of MoneyTalks' signature:

"if someone asks you an advice, then he does that only not to follow it, or worse, for he should have someone to blame for" biggrin.gif:D:D

--------------------
Ford Focus 2009
Hi, I'm a signature virus. Please replace your old signature with this signature and help me take over the world of signatures.

Atentie, atentie, si iar atentie!
+
Anubis
post 11 Nov 2003, 01:53
Post #27

Membru incepator

Mirelush you are a little child I think ... grow up baby ... grow up ... Matiz is sold now as Chevrolet Spark ... maybe you heard about GM and Chevrolet brand ... icon_mrgreen.gif
Matiz and Lanos also, are cars Solenza it's Dacia and nothing more (romanian people knows what I'm talking about, ok most of the people here have a Dacia and they don't agree with me 8) )So D!G.ua be smart and choose Lanos ... or wait until next year for a new model from Dacia&Renault group X90 maybe with that model they finally learn how to build a car

si pe romaneste ca poate nu sti engleza
daca tu te-ai fraierit cu Dacia nu e cazul sa incerci sa-i convingi si pe alti ca risti sa pierzi tot tu ... vei avea poate inca un client in fata la service ... dar vei avea inca un partener de discutii pe forum la probleme tehnice ...
Nu sunt fan Daewoo si cu atat mai putin Matiz dar comentarii infantile de genul ce fraier esti ca ti-ai luat Daewoo si eu mi-am luat Dacia super masina nu pot sa le trec cu vederea !

--------------------
+
Marty
post 11 Nov 2003, 08:32
Post #28

Anubis, cu tot respectul, vezi ca Matiz-ul nu se produce sub numele Chevrolet! A, nici Nubira si nici Leganza nu se produc sub acest nume, exact asa cum erau produse de Daewoo. Kalos (fost Lanos), Nubira si chestia care se produce in locul Leganzei, au fost toate modificate. De ce oare ?

--------------------
+
AlexV
post 11 Nov 2003, 10:48
Post #29

Admin?

Anubis, faza cu super masina las-o ca nu a zis nimeni aici asa ceva. oricum nu a zis serios.
daca tu poti sa enumeri aici cateva lucruri concrete cu care matizul este mai bun decat solenza eu tac din gura. nu o sa fiu de acord dar o sa iti respect parerea.

dupa cum a spus si marty ce vinde gm-ul acum nu are nici o legatura cu daewoo. dar nici supermasini nu sunt.

--------------------
Toyota RAV4 2.0
+
Marty
post 11 Nov 2003, 10:55
Post #30

Intrucit D!G.ua a primit informatiile necesare si cred ca s-a si hotarit la masina, inchid acest topic. Pentru nemultumiri, injuraturi, sugestii, reclamatii, Plugusorul si Sorcova, dati un mesaj privat!
Topic overdue! For more info please send a private message!

--------------------
+
Closed TopicTopic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 01:22
Forum Renault