Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> My new Dacia Logan, What I've found and driving experience

g100sic
post 18 Mar 2007, 17:18
Post #91

Membru autentic

Group: Members

Last week I made one more longer trip, on the exactly the same route as the previous one. The numbers are almost the same as on the previous occasion, so the behavior of the car is consistent.

This time I tried pushing it to the limit on one section of the freeway, that is, I tried to reach its maximum speed. It turned out that it wouldn't go over about 155 km/h on the level road (5th gear, around 4300 rpm, pedal to the metal), which was a bit disappointing for me, because that was the declared maximum for the diesel engine. Of course, there is always the question of the precision of the speedometer, but I couldn’t find any police patrol to measure it precisely with the radar ;0 biggrin.gif

Obviously this didn’t have anything to do with approaching the limit of the rpm, but was due to lack of power to cope with aerodynamic forces. Maybe the power will improve, after, as the manual says, 3000 km, when the engine develops its maximum potential. Now it is at 2270 km.

I'm curious about other people's experiences on this matter, is it true what the manual states, did you notice the increase of the engine power after the full run-in period. And, BTW, does anyone know the Cx (drag coefficient) of the Logan model?

--------------------
Ford Fiesta 1.4 (96 HP) 2010 / Trend (Flex Pack 11)
Never argue with a fool -- people might not notice the difference! (Murphy's First Law of Debate)
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
martin245
post 18 Mar 2007, 17:54
Post #92

EX PAT

You are trying to push your car too Early you will notice it gets better after about 4000 kms mine has now 13000 and has its full power which I feel on hill Climbing.Dont push it to early !
You need to learn to walk before you can run
Stu
and if you need to find out the proper speed take a hand GPS with you
Most Speedometers read TO MUCH
Stu

--------------------
dacia logan 14 mpi Simply RED 2007 - GB 1
Bessy Regs
+
martin245
post 18 Mar 2007, 17:58
Post #93

EX PAT

[BTW, does anyone know the Cx (drag coefficient) of the Logan model?

[/quote]

It has the wind resistance of a LONDON Double decker bus radmasa.gif
Stu

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
g100sic
post 19 Mar 2007, 00:05
Post #94

Membru autentic

OK Stu, please don't hurt me, I promise I won't do it again wink.gif biggrin.gif radmasa.gif
But I had to do that once… biggrin.gif
I mean, I had to see what I got… Hope you understand wink.gif biggrin.gif

You're probably exaggerating with a double-decker, but a regular bus... hmmmm... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Never argue with a fool -- people might not notice the difference! (Murphy's First Law of Debate)
+
minny
post 19 Mar 2007, 12:38
Post #95

Membru porcos

The Cx for Logan is 0.36

--------------------
------ ------ ------
+
taco
post 19 Mar 2007, 23:29
Post #96

Saving for a Logan Hatchback Diesel

Hi everyone ! Could someone please tell me how many rpm the 1.4 and the 1.6 reach when driving 120 km per hour ? It seems to me that 4300 rpm at 155 km/h is quite a good result, is it ?

Thanks a lot

--------------------
citroen saxo 1.5 D
+
martin245
post 19 Mar 2007, 23:31
Post #97

EX PAT

I will have a look tomorro for you I would say about 3,200 for the 1400mpi
stu

This post has been edited by martin245: 19 Mar 2007, 23:32

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
g100sic
post 20 Mar 2007, 16:34
Post #98

Membru autentic

From my experience, 4300 at 155 km/h, 3500 at 130 km/h, so do your math! (linear equation biggrin.gif )

--------------------
+
g100sic
post 20 Mar 2007, 17:42
Post #99

Membru autentic

Or just borrow one, than hit the road and see for yourself! radmasa.gif

--------------------
+
taco
post 20 Mar 2007, 22:48
Post #100

QUOTE(g100sic @ 20 Mar 2007, 17:42)
Or just borrow one, than hit the road and see for yourself!  radmasa.gif

Logan is becoming increasingly popular in Spain ( 3 months waiting list now !!! ) but none of my friends has bought one mad.gif

So around 3200 rpm both engines...good to know I think it's really good. Thanks to both of you for the info

--------------------
citroen saxo 1.5 D
+
g100sic
post 20 Mar 2007, 23:04
Post #101

Membru autentic

Not for both engines, me and Stu were both talking about 1.4 l engine. And it's more in the neighborhood of 3300 rpm for 120 km/h (or 3600 for 130 km/h, due to inprecission of the rpm meter).

--------------------
+
taco
post 20 Mar 2007, 23:35
Post #102

QUOTE(g100sic @ 20 Mar 2007, 23:04)
Not for both engines, me and Stu were both talking about 1.4 l engine. And it's more in the neighborhood of 3300 rpm for 120 km/h (or 3600 for 130 km/h, due to inprecission of the rpm meter).

ooooooooopssss sorry blush.gif

anyway, under 3500 at 120 km/h is good for me...for gasoline, diesel would be under 2800 rpm

--------------------
citroen saxo 1.5 D
+
Boris
post 21 Mar 2007, 12:56
Post #103

Croatian member

QUOTE(g100sic @ 20 Mar 2007, 15:34)
From my experience, 4300 at 155 km/h, 3500 at 130 km/h, so do your math! (linear equation biggrin.gif )

With just two points everthing is linear biggrin.gif

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.6 2005 + LPG Landi Renzo sequent
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
+
martin245
post 25 Mar 2007, 09:30
Post #104

EX PAT

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
TWK
post 27 Mar 2007, 21:58
Post #105

Rider on the Storm

This time I tried pushing it to the limit on one section of the freeway, that is, I tried to reach its maximum speed. It turned out that it wouldn't go over about 155 km/h on the level road (5th gear, around 4300 rpm, pedal to the metal), which was a bit disappointing for me, because that was the declared maximum for the diesel engine. Of course, there is always the question of the precision of the speedometer, but I couldn’t find any police patrol to measure it precisely with the radar

my max speed was 180 km/h at 5600 rpm, so your car can do more than that smile.gif. you should wait untill u reach at least 3000 km before pushing your car to the limit. i did it onlye after i passed 5000 km.

--------------------
Logan 1.4 2007
+
g100sic
post 28 Mar 2007, 00:05
Post #106

Membru autentic

With which engine? 1.4 l?

You were driving downhill or super-g?? biggrin.gif

--------------------
+
Boris
post 28 Mar 2007, 06:57
Post #107

Croatian member

Regarding the speed, I've driven the Logan once to 175 km/h. On that piece of highway it would not go faster then. But the whole thing with speed records is beside the point, Logan is not a car for driving at those speeds. Too fast, too dangerous.

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.6 2005 + LPG Landi Renzo sequent
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
+
TWK
post 28 Mar 2007, 09:50
Post #108

Rider on the Storm

1.4, downhill biggrin.gif

--------------------
Logan 1.4 2007
+
martin245
post 28 Mar 2007, 17:30
Post #109

EX PAT

Check your Speedo with a hand GPS you will be "unpleasantly" suprised
Stu

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
g100sic
post 28 Mar 2007, 23:07
Post #110

Membru autentic

QUOTE(TWK @ 28 Mar 2007, 08:50)
1.4, downhill biggrin.gif

I thought so! biggrin.gif
Where, Wengen or Kitzbuehel? wink.gif

--------------------
+
g100sic
post 21 Apr 2007, 20:30
Post #111

Membru autentic

Time for another report on fuel consumption... smile.gif This time again completely under the city drive conditions.

I can't tell if it is thanks to warmer weather, slightly changed driving route/pattern, or improved performance of the engine (since it is now near the second run-in interval stated by the Dacia manual - 3000 km, after which it is supposed to reach it's full potential), but the fuel consumption have gone down to 10.5 l/100km according to onboard computer, or 10.8 as calculated by the actual quantity of fuel bought. (And again the difference is around 3%, which I'm beginning to suspect is due to imprecision of the pumps at the gas-stations, of course in their favor wacko.gif)

I'd like to hear what are the experiences regarding fuel consumption under different average environment temperatures, does it change significantly between winter and summer?

--------------------
+
martin245
post 21 Apr 2007, 21:55
Post #112

EX PAT

10.5 LITRES IS FRIGHTNING
YOU HAVE EITHER WORKED IT OUT WRONG OR YOU ARE DRIVING WRONG
Stu

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
g100sic
post 22 Apr 2007, 16:13
Post #113

Membru autentic

QUOTE(martin245 @ 21 Apr 2007, 20:55)
10.5 LITRES IS FRIGHTNING
YOU HAVE EITHER WORKED IT OUT WRONG OR YOU ARE DRIVING WRONG
Stu

I've explained that already. I drive mostly to and from work, and that's around 2 km in one direction, with no less than 3 (!!!) semaphores along the way. There is nothing wrong neither with my driving nor with my calculations (or the OBC's for that matter), simply, the engine hardly reaches its working temperature, especially in the cold mornings! I doubt ANY car would burn significantly less under the same conditions. And there is another factor, I have to search for a parking space when I get there, and that I must do driving slowly, very slowly!

And in fact, if I get a chance for just a little longer route it affects the consumption significantly, as for example yesterday, when I made around 18 km to and fro, the average dropped from 10.3 to 9.6 just as a result of that single drive (and I emphasize, 9.6 is not an average for that single drive, but rather since the refueling)!

--------------------
+
g100sic
post 22 Apr 2007, 16:20
Post #114

Membru autentic

But, I must admit, you might be right in some sense, Stu... biggrin.gif

I suppose there are lots of people who think the very driving for just 2 km is wrong, instead of walking, or biking biggrin.gif

But I just can't help it... biggrin.gif And I'm willing to pay for it.

--------------------
+
martin245
post 22 Apr 2007, 18:30
Post #115

EX PAT

All I can say is this g100sic !!
Go out and have a day out in your car .Reset your OBC and then come back and tell us your Fuel consumption
I was getting better milage from my Old 2.5 Rover sterling
Stu

--------------------
Bessy Regs
+
bloodem
post 22 Apr 2007, 19:55
Post #116

Membru autentic

g100sic, I have a few friends with 1.4 mpi, and their combined fuel consumption is 7-8 at most! I myself have a 1.5 diesel and the combined fuel consumption is 5.5 at most. (on a regular highway drive the consumption is around 3 liters/ 100 km (going at 90 km/hour, 5th gear, aprx 2200 RPM). I don't know... it all depends on the way you drive your car.... For eg: use the brake as little as possible, try to use the engine break instead. In engine break the fuel consumption is 0 ! (this is one of the "cool" advantages of modern cars running on fuel injection system). When driving in town the engine break can help you save at least 1-2 liters/100 km. wink.gif

This post has been edited by bloodem: 22 Apr 2007, 20:04

--------------------
Renault Megane 4 Estate - Intens, 1.5 DCi 110cp, Euro 6 Iulie 2018

Crickets! Crickets! They're everywhere!!!
+
g100sic
post 22 Apr 2007, 21:59
Post #117

Membru autentic

QUOTE(martin245 @ 22 Apr 2007, 17:30)
All I can say is this g100sic !!
Go out and have a day out in your car .Reset your OBC and then come back and tell us your Fuel consumption

Stu, you weren't paying attention, I already reported fuel consumption on an open road (consisting of 3/4 of highway, averaging speed around 120 km/h, and 1/4 of country road, averaging speed around 80 km/h), and it was 6.9 l/100km, 2 times, both times the same! And also read back, I posted a couple more reports on this matter. smile.gif

To all others who would like to try to teach me some driving lessons, thank you, but I already accumulated quite a number of years of experience to know all the tricks biggrin.gif! Instead, if you would like to be objective, try reproducing MY conditions, then report back what you achieved, and then, just then, maybe I might learn something from you! biggrin.gif And please, do not compare petrol and diesel engines, they are separate worlds!!

So, first reset your OBC, than cold start in the morning, drive 2 km in the rush-hour stopping at 3 semaphores (do not turn the engine off while waiting), wait about 9 hours, drive back the same way 2 km again in the rush-hour (maybe get lucky not to have to stop at all 3 of the semaphores)... Do that for at least 1 working week! Than report all of us here what you achieved! biggrin.gif

My experience with different cars I owned tells that the most devastating for fuel consumption is driving a cold engine. You might expect not much less than 2:1 ratio of consumption compared to driving with engine already warmed up to its working temperature, having all other conditions the same, with just about any type of car (petrol, I do not have any experience with diesel engines).

--------------------
+
taco
post 22 Apr 2007, 22:14
Post #118

QUOTE(g100sic @ 22 Apr 2007, 21:59)
Stu, you weren't paying attention, I already reported fuel consumption on an open road (consisting of 3/4 of highway, averaging speed around 120 km/h, and 1/4 of country road, averaging speed around 80 km/h), and it was 6.9 l/100km, 2 times, both times the same! And also read back, I posted a couple more reports on this matter. smile.gif

To all others who would like to try to teach me some driving lessons, thank you, but I already accumulated quite a number of years of experience to know all the tricks biggrin.gif! Instead, if you would like to be objective, try reproducing MY conditions, then report back what you achieved, and then, just then, maybe I might learn something from you! biggrin.gif And please, do not compare petrol and diesel engines, they are separate worlds!!

So, first reset your OBC, than cold start in the morning, drive 2 km in the rush-hour stopping at 3 semaphores (do not turn the engine off while waiting), wait about 9 hours, drive back the same way 2 km again in the rush-hour (maybe get lucky not to have to stop at all 3 of the semaphores)... Do that for at least 1 working week! Than report all of us here what you achieved! biggrin.gif

My experience with different cars I owned tells that the most devastating for fuel consumption is driving a cold engine. You might expect not much less than 2:1 ratio of consumption compared to driving with engine already warmed up to its working temperature, having all other conditions the same, with just about any type of car (petrol, I do not have any experience with diesel engines).

g100sic dixit radmasa.gif

don't take it personally, man, they were just trying to help in case you're one of those teenagers with fresh driving license and fresh, empty brain smile.gif

I agree with you about driving a car when the engine hasn't still warmed up. I read somewhere, it takes some 4 km till consumption starts reaching "normal" levels, so...
The bad news is that also the life of your engine gets cut to around 50 % if you often drive in such conditions ( or that I read too ) so it might be not a bad idea after all to go work on foot !! radmasa.gif

PS: Would you say that 6,9 is Ok ?? I don't have too much experience with gasoline, but it seems to me a bit too much huh.gif

--------------------
citroen saxo 1.5 D
+
g100sic
post 22 Apr 2007, 22:40
Post #119

Membru autentic

QUOTE(taco @ 22 Apr 2007, 21:14)
don't take it personally, man, they were just trying to help in case you're one of those teenagers with fresh driving license and fresh, empty brain  smile.gif

Well, thay might have asked me nicely first, if thay did, I'd tell them! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(taco @ 22 Apr 2007, 21:14)
PS:  Would you say that 6,9 is Ok ??  I don't have too much experience with gasoline, but it seems to me a bit too much  huh.gif

I did some math, based on the data I observed on the OBC while driving. On that one quarter of the trip driven on the country road at less then 80 km/h I mentioned in my previous post, I calculated 5.6 l/100km, which is consistent to what bloodem was telling. But this means that on the highway at average speed of 120 km/h the consumption was around 7.3 l/100km. I can only tell you what I calculated based on the trip average of 6.9 l/100km, since I didn't reset my OBC (I like keeping it from one refueling to another smile.gif)

--------------------
+
taco
post 22 Apr 2007, 22:57
Post #120

QUOTE(g100sic @ 22 Apr 2007, 22:40)
I did some math, based on the data I observed on the OBC while driving. On that one quarter of the trip driven on the country road at less then 80 km/h I mentioned in my previous post, I calculated 5.6 l/100km, which is consistent to what bloodem was telling. But this means that on the highway at average speed of 120 km/h the consumption was around 7.3 l/100km. I can only tell you what I calculated based on the trip average of 6.9 l/100km, since I didn't reset my OBC (I like keeping it from one refueling to another smile.gif)

Well..I was saving for a new Logan 1.4 Laureate...but it looks like I'll have to save some 1800 Eur more for the 1.5 dci. sad.gif

I'm afraid 7,3 for an ordinary 120 km/h cruise on the motorway is a bit too much for me ( I drive some 25000 km /year ) mad.gif

--------------------
citroen saxo 1.5 D
+
11 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 11:58
Forum Renault