> 1.4 vs 1.6, Is 1.6 worth the money?

Boris
post 1 Aug 2005, 17:54
Post #31

Croatian member

Group: Members

QUOTE(vv @ 1 Aug 2005, 17:54)
Liar! Mine is 1.6 too tongue.gif
I saw quite a few Logans in Croatia (~10 I think), but I didn't really pay a look to see whether they are 1.4 or 1.6.

Just edited my post, but I was not quick enough biggrin.gif

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.6 2005 + LPG Landi Renzo sequent
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
mccoy
post 1 Aug 2005, 21:24
Post #32

Membru autentic

QUOTE(Boris @ 1 Aug 2005, 16:51)
But there's more and more Logans...

Yes,that`s truth excl.gif
My hometown with 15000 inhabitants could proudly present 6 or 7 LGNs,from the cheapest to the most expensive,
more than the other new cars together happy.gif .

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.6 - ...98-7.
-----------------------------
Divide et impera ... and unite in EU !
+
Mr. Andzha
post 11 Aug 2005, 21:34
Post #33

Membru incepator

Thank you very much for your answers!
I bought Laureate 1.6 with AC. I am very pleased with it in city-style driving. On 1st gear you can go 30 kmh without burning engine! But when I need to outran somebody with speed 85 kmh on highway, I feel that car haven't got the power. But 85 kmh most of the time for me is ok smile.gif.

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.6 - EZ-3434
+
Boris
post 11 Aug 2005, 22:15
Post #34

Croatian member

QUOTE(Mr. Andzha @ 11 Aug 2005, 21:34)
I bought Laureate 1.6 with AC.  I am very pleased with it in city-style driving. On 1st gear you can go 30 kmh without burning engine! But when I need to outran somebody with speed 85 kmh on highway, I feel that car haven't got the power. But 85 kmh most of the time for me is ok smile.gif.

Good choice!

The car has a bit strange acceleration (read slow), but I can go 160 km/h on the highway without any problems.

One againg, good choice!

--------------------
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
+
dras
post 17 Aug 2005, 07:32
Post #35

Driver

For me it's definitely worth the money. The difference in power and confort when driving with A/C tuned on seems enough. Besides that I especialy wanted a car equiped with ABS and the only model sold in Romania with this kind of equipment is the model Ambition (1.6l engine).

--------------------
Honda Accord Executive 2007 / 2.0 A/T 155CP - B-74-***
+
BlaueCorsa
post 17 Aug 2005, 12:54
Post #36

Membru cu Prafuitor

It's certainly worth. Two of my frieds have Laureate models, one 1.4 version, the other, 1.6 version. The 1.4 cannot keep up with the 1.6 in terms of speed and acceleration. I think that the 1.6 is the best choice.

--------------------
Dacia / Renault Duster / Captur 2018 Confort / 2015 Authentique
Mon amour, tu es la lumière de mes jours...
sans numéro! sans numéro! sans numéro!
+
MAS
post 18 Aug 2005, 13:19
Post #37

Le Bubulateur

QUOTE(Boris @ 11 Aug 2005, 22:15)
Good choice!

The car has a bit strange acceleration (read slow), but I can go 160 km/h on the highway without any problems.

One againg, good choice!

Ne verujem da je jedna tako dobra izbora ovaj auto jel na put medju Rijeku i Zagreb veruijem da ne mozes ici brze od 80-120 km/sat do Karlovac gde ni su vise bregove.
Ja sam vozio obadva modeli (1.4 i 1.6) i ni sam zadovolijen od kako idu motori... Lenidu pre vise.

This post has been edited by MAS: 18 Aug 2005, 13:21

--------------------
scandura cu rulmenti noua, din 2000 - B-02/36-MAS B222BIP
Daaati si mie minus la reputatie. 'dea D-zeu sanatate!
+
Boris
post 18 Aug 2005, 17:29
Post #38

Croatian member

QUOTE(MAS @ 18 Aug 2005, 13:19)
Ne verujem da je jedna tako dobra izbora ovaj auto jel na put medju Rijeku i Zagreb veruijem da ne mozes ici brze od 80-120 km/sat do Karlovac gde ni su vise bregove.
Ja sam vozio obadva modeli (1.4 i 1.6) i ni sam zadovolijen od kako idu motori... Lenidu pre vise.

Maybee you can't drive more than 80-120 from Zagreb to Rijeka but I can smile.gif

But the top speed is not the point, the point is when I need to overtake someone on a road that is not a highway and the car is dying underneath me smile.gif

Our previous car had 65HP, and that's only suitable for city driving. Offcourse you can overtake someone outside the city, but you need half an airport runway

The price difference was too small for me to consider a 1.4 version, but that's me and my choice

--------------------
+
mccoy
post 18 Aug 2005, 20:32
Post #39

Membru autentic

QUOTE(Mr. Andzha @ 11 Aug 2005, 20:34)
I bought Laureate 1.6 with AC.  I am very pleased with it in city-style driving. On 1st gear you can go 30 kmh without burning engine! But when I need to outran somebody with speed 85 kmh on highway, I feel that car haven't got the power. But 85 kmh most of the time for me is ok smile.gif.

Good decision.
Try with fourth gear (speed) happy.gif

QUOTE(MAS @ 18 Aug 2005, 12:19)

Ako ti vozila kao sto govorila ni mi tebe ne volela smile.gif

127873if.jpg

This post has been edited by mccoy: 18 Aug 2005, 21:59

--------------------
+
MAS
post 19 Aug 2005, 08:41
Post #40

Le Bubulateur

QUOTE(Boris @ 18 Aug 2005, 17:29)
Maybee you can't drive more than 80-120 from Zagreb to Rijeka but I can smile.gif

But the top speed is not the point, the point is when I need to overtake someone on a road that is not a highway and the car is dying underneath me smile.gif

Our previous car had 65HP, and that's only suitable for city driving. Offcourse you can overtake someone outside the city, but you need half an airport runway

The price difference was too small for me to consider a 1.4 version, but that's me and my choice

I was strictly referring to the engine's power, not top speed of the car... People that have driven on the road between Rijeka and Zagreb know what I'm talking about... You have to go up a lot, and the engine leaves the impression that hasn't got enough power... The problem is not the engine which (in the case of 1.6) has enough power, but the gears which are too long... The longer gears are an advantage for a reduced fuel consumption, but are killers of the acceleration... in order to overtake a truck, for instance, you have to downshift and to rev the engine a lot in order to get a little bit of power...
Anyway, the car was thought as a family car without any sporting competencies.

You like me more this way, mccoy? smile.gif The reason why I'm not a that good Croatian speaker is because I was born and raised in Romania and the only chances i got to speak this language is with my father, and the few daysin a year, which I spend at the Croatian seaside... happy now?

--------------------
scandura cu rulmenti noua, din 2000 - B-02/36-MAS B222BIP
Daaati si mie minus la reputatie. 'dea D-zeu sanatate!
+
novauto
post 19 Aug 2005, 09:58
Post #41

Membru incepator

Well,

Everybody want to have good car (in all segments, like acceleration, speed, fuel consumption, comfort,..etc) for low price. We can't expect from car values about 8000EUR to have all.

If a car is big, has all accesories, lot of power, good acceleration, lot of space, little consumption, it would cost more money. Or even it can be impossible to have all of them.

So, I think there is no reason to compare any more Logan with some more expensive models. Most of us has worst car before and now expect to get filling like in BMW. smile.gif
Ok, if someone has owned BMW before it is normal, but from really old models there is no words.
Who wants more, must pay more. Yes, it has really poor acc, but ...
Logan is good family car, made for "soft", smooth driving, not sport model. Or at least not yet.
I really enjoy driving it. Normal, obeying speed limit an it looks very nice trip.

--------------------
Dacia Logan - ......
+
mccoy
post 19 Aug 2005, 19:44
Post #42

Membru autentic

QUOTE(MAS @ 19 Aug 2005, 07:41)
You like me more this way, mccoy? smile.gif The reason why I'm not a that good Croatian speaker is because I was born and raised in Romania and the only chances i got to speak this language is with my father, and the  few daysin a year, which I spend at the Croatian seaside... happy now?

I`m far from being happy at this moment, but thanks for concern.
As you see my croatian is as bad as yours so it would be wisely to stay with English, for both wink.gif
It is still "Logan English Corner"

PS. Sincerely,I hope that you have nice vacations in Croatia with father.

--------------------
+
Boris
post 21 Aug 2005, 16:50
Post #43

Croatian member

QUOTE(MAS @ 19 Aug 2005, 08:41)
I was strictly referring to the engine's power, not top speed of the car... People that have driven on the road between Rijeka and Zagreb know what I'm talking about... You have to go up a lot, and the engine leaves the impression that hasn't got enough power... The problem is not the engine which (in the case of 1.6) has enough power, but the gears which are too long... The longer gears are an advantage for a reduced fuel consumption, but are killers of the acceleration... in order to overtake a truck, for instance, you have to downshift and to rev the engine a lot in order to get a little bit of power...
Anyway, the car was thought as a family car without any sporting competencies.

Yep, Croatia is not flat. A lot of mountains.

What I said earlier is that I think a 1.6 Logan is a better chioce than 1.4 Logan.

We all know that the car is a bit lazy, but it's OK.

P.S. I've driven from Zagreb to Rijeka more than once smile.gif

--------------------
+
mcv_rulez
post 29 Nov 2006, 14:42
Post #44

Mai mult spațiu. Mai multe posibilități.

Hey, the new 1.6 16V is best, and it's worth it...
(105 HP)

--------------------
Going to buy Dacia Logan MCV 1.6 16V Laureate (5 seats)
MCV really rules!!!
+
2 Pages < 1 2
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 30th May 2024 - 21:05
Forum Renault