Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Liquids in 1.6 Laureate
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
srdjansimic
Does anybody know what are exact models of liquids that Dacia puts in Logan. I have 1.6 Laureate and my dealer does not know. They promised that they will contact the factory, but I am very puzled that there is no techical documentation that comes with authorized dealership. They sold over 750 ps in one month. What are sujestions for mostly city driving at +40 deg temperatures.

All that they knew is that colant is Glacelf, but nothing else. With oil, there are two possibilities mentioned in the manual Evolution SXR 5W30 (full synthetic) and Competition ST 10W40 (semisynthetic), but further in the manual, it is said that oil should be ACEA A2/A3 or API SJ 10W40.

I am interested to switch to full synthetic, fuel saving Elf Evolution SXR 5W-30
after first year, but what are the condition. Should I "wash" the engine if the first oil was not synthetic, or just change oil and filter. And is this lubricant sutable for temperatures in range of +35 - +40 deg C

For gearbox oil manual says that Tranself TRJ 75W80. Is there a need for a better oil and is there a need to change it after the first year? My dealrs says no, but I thought that it is common to change after the first year and then only to check it afterwards.

What coolants are used and are best? Organic, mixed or mineral?
What lubricants are used for brakes (DOT 4, DOT3?), clutch, power steering, and what are sujestions?

Thans in advanced.
srdjansimic
Since nobody knows, and I did not receive any information from my dealer, do anybody knows email address at Dacia factory, or any other way I can contact them. Maybe somebody from Romania can call them and ask them?

Thanks in advanced

QUOTE(srdjansimic @ 8 Dec 2004, 17:30)
Does anybody know what are exact models of liquids that Dacia puts in Logan. I have 1.6 Laureate and my dealer does not know.

VladoMKD
I must go soon on first service, I will ask them and post the anser.
klaus
1. voceaclientului@dacigroup.com
2. antifreezer (coolant) is glaceol RX type D, and is very good also the Glacelf (both are a kind of monoetilenglicol suitable for renault cars), but you should not change those due to the kind of materials in renault motors.
3. Oil, any kind, better or equal with 10W40. Semisintetic or sintetic. Dacia recommands ELF (renault group policy)
4. For the brakes, you shoul use only DOT 4, not dot 3
srdjansimic
Thank very mutch. What do you think about ELF Evolution oil? I don't think there is 10W40, but 5W30. Evolution is supposed to give some 7% to 10% fuel conservation. What temperature ranges do cover theese oils, 5W30 and 10W40?

QUOTE(klaus @ 24 Dec 2004, 18:09)
2. antifreezer (coolant) is glaceol RX type D, and is very good also the Glacelf (both are a kind of monoetilenglicol suitable for renault cars), but you should not change those due to the kind of materials in renault motors.
3. Oil, any kind, better or equal with 10W40. Semisintetic or sintetic. Dacia recommands ELF (renault group policy)
4. For the brakes, you shoul use only DOT 4, not dot 3

GeorgeB
u should be able to locate some 5W40 , or 10W40. not necesseraly by elf. try ARAL or CASTROL or VALVOLINE.

10wx means that it will go as low as -20 degrees celcius.

i'm not sure about the xw40 :lol
AL

2. Only the GLACELF SUPRA is compatible with the romanian "Glaceol RX type D"!!!
zorpetus
QUOTE(AL @ 27 Dec 2004, 13:03)
2. Only the GLACELF SUPRA is compatible with the romanian "Glaceol RX type D"!!!

So, if there is need to add some more coolant we shouldn't add nothing else but this Glacelf Supra? I guess that any Renault Dealer should have it ?

I am asking that becuase I've noticed that after approx. 2500 km coolant level in that plastic bottle in the engine compartment is not exactly between MIN and MAX (like it was when Logan was brand new), but the coolant level is a bit lower (lets say somewhat less than one centimetre). I guess that this is normal ?

Also I guess that nobody actully had a need to put more coolant/oil before going to the first service (here it is after 10.000 km or one year, whatever comes first)?
vsebas
I've change oil ( engine oil) at 6500 Km because I want to do that not because someone asked me and the guy who did the operations in service recomended me to take care of cooling liquid to be between MIN and MAX and if I do the operation by myself I have to let the engine one night to cool down and after that in the morning next day to complete the level of liquid ( on cold, not runing engine).

As was said above Glaceol RX type D.
zorpetus
QUOTE(vsebas @ 26 Jul 2006, 11:40)
As was said above Glaceol RX type D.

So it is Glaceol RX type D (as I understood, produced and sold [only?] in Romania)

or alternatively Glacelf Supra (produced by ELF - France)?

What about oil that car is supplied with ? As much as I can recall someone said that it was Texaco 5W30 that is first oil poured in? Is this still the case?
zorpetus
QUOTE(zorpetus @ 26 Jul 2006, 15:45)
So it is Glaceol RX type D (as I understood, produced and sold [only?] in Romania)

or alternatively Glacelf Supra (produced by ELF - France)?

Here I managed to find only Glacelf AUTO Supra ?
Is this the same thing we are talking about?

Here is the photo of the bottle:

[attachmentid=33175]
zorpetus
QUOTE(zorpetus @ 23 Aug 2006, 09:31)
Here I managed to find only Glacelf AUTO Supra ?

[attachmentid=33175]

Just saw that this Glacelf Auto Supra is "organic" ?

What does this mean? Is it good for the car or just for the ecology?

Is Glaceol Rx Type D also "organic"?
zorpetus

Is there any other general customer support address. This one seems not to be existing (or at least I got such non-delivery report).

klaus
ups.... vocea.clientului@daciagroup.com
vsebas
Here is what I found with google

http://www.arteco-coolants.com/products%20content.htm

and in photos below is our famous Glaceol RX type D

maybe help you see the name of elements from what is made of and you can compare with what you found.
zorpetus
QUOTE(vsebas @ 24 Aug 2006, 20:53)
Here is what I found with google

http://www.arteco-coolants.com/products%20content.htm

and in photos below is our famous Glaceol RX type D

maybe help you see the name of elements from what is made of and you can compare with what you found.

Thank you very much for the link and for the other information!
zorpetus
QUOTE(klaus @ 24 Aug 2006, 18:17)
ups....    vocea.clientului@daciagroup.com

Yes, this one seems to be "working" :-)

Thank you!
zorpetus
QUOTE(AL @ 27 Dec 2004, 13:03)

And here it is what Dacia says about it:

>>>>

We thank you for your message and for the trust you put in us by appealling to our services.

As regards the aspects you presented we inform you that for the cooling system of the Logan vehicle, Dacia recommends the use of " Glaceol RX type D ", according to the Warranty Book.
Since Dacia does not recommend a coolant made by Total ( France ), we are not aware of its properties.

We are kindly asking you to keep contact with our local representative for all information, as you could find in them the best partner for understanding your needs.

>>>>
zorpetus
QUOTE(AL @ 27 Dec 2004, 12:03)

It seems that either that Total/ELF is not producing Glacelf Supra D any more or it is not imported any more in Serbia?

Anyway, in all shops that I've phoned to ask if they have Glacelf Supra D - they told me that this coolant is of "G12 type" and that any such (of G12 type) from any other manufactorer (like Valvoline, Selenia, Castrol etc.).

Any practical experience regarding this?
Aleksandar
Any G12 or G12+ is OK for Logan. Just do not mix different liqiuds. I would recommend Valvoline or Total. You will not find Glaceol anywhere in former SFRJ....
zorpetus
QUOTE(Aleksandar @ 21 Nov 2008, 13:23)
Any G12 or G12+ is OK for Logan. Just do not mix different liqiuds. I would recommend Valvoline or Total. You will not find Glaceol anywhere in former SFRJ....

This information (that any G12 or G12+ is OK for Logan) is from Dacia or Dacia dealer here in Serbia? Or you found it somewhere on the Internet?
Aleksandar
Both. Got the information from dealers in Serbia and BiH and internet as well...

G 12 or G12+ standard liquid and thats it. Of course, "one with the name"...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.