Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Problem With Corrosion on Logan
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
Peja
Dear friends, I'm so nervous cause of this. I'm waiting delivery of Logan and just heared of this PROBLEM.

I'm so nervous, that maby I'll cancel Logan and buy something else.

So is it a rumor or fact?

Anyone had some familiar expirience with corosion on LOGAN?
g100sic
Did you consider keeping your Yugo instead? wink.gif radmasa.gif
martin245
It is a recall its no problem .In fact it shows that Dacia are long term interested and any new car will not have this problem .It was only one piece of the car that had not enough Underbody protection on it and that is ok now
Stu

You Buy your Dacia
paul_damian
Ask your dealer about the warranty. And don't be so afraid. Painting isn't bad, but also isn't outstanding. They give here, under certain circumstances, six years anti corrosion warranty and two years for paint.

It's just a car, and a cheap one. Take good care of it, and don't expect to hold 30 years with the original paint.

Btw, regarding the cancellation, why did you order your car? Just to be afraid and not sleep well?
Peja
QUOTE(paul_damian @ 15 Apr 2008, 19:36)
Ask your dealer about the warranty. And don't be so afraid. Painting isn't bad, but also isn't outstanding.

Yes, paint i "soft", and in Serbia exists six years anti corrosion warranty and two years for paint.

QUOTE(paul_damian @ 15 Apr 2008, 19:36)
It's just a car, and a cheap one. Take good care of it, and don't expect to hold 30 years with the original paint.
Btw, regarding the cancellation, why did you order your car? Just to be afraid and not sleep well?

Yes again, it is "cheap" automobile, a new one for 8600E (it is a lot of maney for me), and if there is "any" mechanichal problem you can solve it with replacing that part (speaking about sacond-hand 2004+ vehicle for same price). But corrosion is like cancer, you can fight against, but you can never win.

My thinking is that with buying new car, I buy "soul peace" for at least 5-6 years.
martin245
Peja !!!
You will never be happy so buy something else ..................PITY !YOUR LOSS
StU
Peja
Hey, StU, I know that this is Dacia fanclub and that all of us are very sensitive about Logan, etc.

I've made mu decision, Logan should be in my hands till May (late cause of strike in Romania), just only worried about pour anticorrosive protection. This is 2008 not 1988, zink galvanization isn't science fiction any more, PITY for Renault-Nissan-Dacia cause of not using it.

Best wishes.
paul_damian
QUOTE(Peja @ 15 Apr 2008, 22:22)
zink galvanization isn't science fiction any more

It would cost, don't know, 1000-2000 Euros more. And Logan was projected and is build cost-effective. As I said before: take care of it - as the manual says (yes, preventing is better than curing), and you'll be ok. If, by any chances, problems occur, fight for your problem: your dealer has to solve your problem and he is enforced to have even the Ixell paint system.
FILter
Man the lack of galvanization is only because Renault is so hungry for money and don't care about their image. At little over 10000 E the Skoda Fabia has galvanization, better build quality, better materials but is a bit smaller. Let's don't forget that in the Czech Republic costs are bigger especially because of the salaries. For 10000E on the top sedan version you buy the same crapy plastic, no galvanization, poor suspension but a bigger car. Honestly I would not buy a 10000E Logan Sedan because even if you have 105 bhp the car is to similar to the cheapest version which has a quality way under any other cheapest version on the market
Aleksandar
This is from the Dacia Group web page. The owners in Serbia, BiH, and Croatia are already receiving the notices from Renault Nissan on this inspection...

Service Operation on Logan Saloon Cars
January 17, 2008

Dacia is preparing to carry out a service operation which will allow their customers to take advantage of the latest technical improvements carried out in their plants. This service call only concerns models of Logan Saloon cars manufactured in Romania and Russia up until the end of 2006.

This operation (an additional injection of protective wax) is to allow customers to take advantage of technical breakthroughs free of charge, in order to improve their vehicles' protection, especially against climatic attacks.

As it is indicated in the vehicle maintenance log book and the 6-year anti-corrosion warranty, when the vehicles are next serviced, Dacia will also carry out an anti-corrosion inspection and will perform any necessary servicing. This is because Dacia, always concerned about the quality of their vehicles, has noticed in some cases the presence of oxidation in the back wheel arch of certain Logan Saloon cars manufactured in Romania and Russia.

This localized oxidation is caused by a water inlet in the back wheel arch, as a result of manual operations which were not correctly carried out during the manufacturing process (putty application and/or the positioning of a plug). The necessary corrective actions have been carried out in-plant, to ensure the best manufacturing quality, especially during putty application, an operation which requires dexterity.

These measures will be confirmed in writing to the customers concerned.

gdejan
Thanks,

http://www.renault.com/renault_com/en/imag...1120-711726.pdf

Dacia made technical breakthroughs, so our cars will be more technical advanced than before smile.gif

I still don't received letter from Renault for service, and car was made in November 2006

FILter
There is no breakthrough. They will put some aditional protective wax on parts that they consider that are not wll protected.
gdejan
I am joking about breakthrough smile.gif
Aleksandar
How sustainable and reliable is this protective wax? Is this a long term solution?

Or all Dacia owners should just sell their cars once the anticorrosion guarantee expires after 6 years, just in case?

klaus
Not after, before
martin245
Hey you guys !! all cars have problems ! if Dacia are sorting it out then whats your problem ? and If you have recieved no letter then either your car is Ok and if you are not sure then talk to the head mechanic on your next service
Hell Guys enjoy your cars and stop looking for faults that you are not even sure that are there or not dry.gif
Stu
Boris
My car looks OK so far. I have been in contact with a guy from Dubrovnik that has a 1.6 sedan Logan and he has some corrosion problems on the roof. Hope he solves that using his guarantee. Strange problem.
Aleksandar
Just a quick explanation (especially to angry Briton aka. Stu).

I am very satisfied with my Laureate, have over 30,500 kms for less then two years without any problems of course with regular maintenance. No problems of any kind with oxydation or corrosion.

In my opinion, the fact that Renault Dacia has decided to go with this inspection is showing the professional attitude of Dacia. Even the bigger (more expensive and "famous") producers have had recalls of their vehicles from time to time.

Loganovac
On Serbian Dacia Fan Club one of the members posted this very interesting link concerning a corrosion problem on 2003 Honda Accord. Check it, please! ph34r.gif

http://www.thetorquereport.com/2008/04/hon...53000_acco.html

Uri
Peja, to answer your question, no. At least in Estonia, people don't complain about corrosion on Logans.

To be honest there was one guy who did but he was most probably just a Logan basher, telling he had all doors corroded in only 3 months and the sails man just laughing at it, declaring it's not his problem. radmasa.gif Very convincing... in a movie, I'd say.

He had a peer (the basher, not the imaginary sails man), a guy asking for advice how to brake it to many women in his life that he's having just a Logan for what others have a car, and was heartedly suggested what one could expect from fan boys site, a plastic surgery below his belt to get a few inches of extra self confidence.

But seriously, many complain about noise (engine, tires, road), and some about all kinds of squeaks and clacks after about 40 000 km, especially those who just step on it no matter what (Estonian roads aren't exactly German autobahns).

And finally, those who have had their 100 000 km on Logan have sold it and have been mostly satisfied with it, and bought a new one. You get what you pay for, they say, and for that money there is car enough in Logan.
Peja
Speaking about corrosion..this could realy help, in prevention sense smile.gif

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?652b9b5313.jpg cool.gif

Logan for Serbian market dont have ths protection.

where can i find/buy this items. I live in Serbia, and this parts are unavailable here. Our Dacia car dealers never heard about it. mad.gif

I thinkthis parts rolleyes.gif could realy help.

Peja
paul_damian
QUOTE(Peja @ 20 Apr 2008, 08:07)
Logan for Serbian market dont have ths protection.

where can i find/buy this items. I live in Serbia, and this parts are unavailable here. Our Dacia car dealers never heard about it.  mad.gif

I don't know about Dacia/Renault's politics for selling accessories in Serbia, but if they sell any, your dealer should be able to bring them. To help you I can give you the codes (you can also find them in the Romanian catalog available at http://www.dacia.ro/fileobjects/document/a...t_download/data :
Mudguard kit front: 6001998163
Mudguard kit rear: 6001998164
Wing protections front: 6001998192
Wing protections rear: 6001998193
They are sold at two pieces / set (left/right). I'm not familiar with the English terms for these pieces, so it could be that they are not officially named like here, but I'm sure that these are the parts you reffered (I bought them myself, too).
Uri
Correction - I did find a user on an Estonian car forum who complained about corrosion -- around the filler neck, and under the flip. The kilometrage was 100.000.

Actually if a car would not rust up here in North with 4 to 7 months clorides exposure (to prevent black and other bad types of ice) with temperature around zero, spiked tires* allowed that shoot small iron particles that penetrate zinc, making nice electrolyte to eat the steel parts of the body up... well, then, it's not bad at all.

---------------------------
* There is an urban legend that spiked tires are life insurance for a reckless/sloppy driver on ice and snow, although we had only 8 days of snow and ice last winter, and 2 days of snow two winters back...
klaus
I would look at russian forums... The problem is more present there.
Peja
some bad news
http://img443.imageshack.us/my.php?image=r...adnjegkrkp2.jpg

http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00267qs2.jpg

on first photo corrosion on edge above rear wheels
on second photo color is "washed" above front wheels
LOGAN2005 metalic

http://daciafanclub.6.forumer.com/viewtopi...c25abf5fd5#1667
g100sic
BTW, Peja, did you get your own Logan in the meantime?
Peja
No, I haven't, and I am very ANGRY! mad.gif . My friend with same problem contacted inspection and renault-Nisan in Belgrade.
First it was delay cause strike in factory, so automobile was finished after 45days, after that 30 days expired and automobile was stil on parking in Romanian factory. After that it was transported to Kragujevac in last Friday, and it is still there. Reason is that the Hoedlmayr (spedition and transport) is in missunderstood with dealers in Serbia, claiming that they didn't pay all bills for transport, and don't want to transport automobile from Kragujevac to Nis.
After calling Republic Trading Inspection cool.gif and Renault_Nissan rolleyes.gif , by some kind of miracle logan will bi in Nis tommorow

automobile was ordered in 18.03., totaly paid when finished 05.05. but until now i am riding bicycle! radmasa.gif
Boris
QUOTE(Peja @ 5 Jun 2008, 20:14)
No, I haven't, and I am very ANGRY! mad.gif . My friend with same problem contacted inspection and renault-Nisan in Belgrade.
First it was delay cause strike in factory, so automobile was finished after 45days, after that 30 days expired and automobile was stil on parking in Romanian factory. After that it was transported to Kragujevac in last Friday, and it is still there. Reason is that the Hoedlmayr (spedition and transport) is in missunderstood with dealers in Serbia, claiming that they didn't pay all bills for transport, and don't want to transport automobile from Kragujevac to Nis.
After calling Republic Trading Inspection  cool.gif  and Renault_Nissan  rolleyes.gif , by some kind of miracle logan will bi in Nis tommorow

automobile was ordered in 18.03., totaly paid when finished 05.05. but until now i am riding bicycle!  radmasa.gif

You payed your car before you got it? Why? Did the dealer demand that? Why in hell would you pay your car in advance?

Come to think of it, I'm not sure if I did the same thing. Maybe I did. It's just now that when I'm reading this that the whole idea of paying in advance sounds stupid.

FILter
You must pay an advance amount for the order to be filed to the factory. If you want to pay more, well that's your choise.
Peja
This is reported problem on Serbian forum. Logan 2005/6

user posted image

This is frightening sad.gif

Peja
alex_d9
you have 6 years corrosion warranty , they will repair that if its a manufacturing defect . but if u scratched it , u have to pay for the repainting.
Peja
Don't get me wrong. I am Logan owner also. But what when 6year warranty expire?
Should I sell my Logan to metal garbage?

Problem on foto could be resolved easy with mud protectors, but DACIA in Serbia sell them for about 25EUR/pair, and protecting plastic for aech wheel is 20EUR.

Taht is SCANDAL!

Peja

Peja
Touho
Hi all,
I bought my Dacia Logan Base in Catalonia 3 years ago and I have drived for about 60.000 km.
Few months ago I got a call from Renault saying that they had detected a problem of humidity in the soldered joints in all Dacia Logan cars.
They took my car for 6 hours, for free, and they gave it back.
They spread a kind of silicon paste following the joints. Inside and outside joints.
The problem was that my car is Base and does not have any decorations or "carpets" in the trunk. The silicon paste is grey and my car is brown. So from inside you can see the reparation and it looks quite ugly.
They told me that they needed to make this reparation to avoid the humidity to filter between the soldered joints and as a result, to corrode the car.
Like some other people say, I bought a cheap car and even though Renault it has repaired several times (always for free) to repair construction defects, I love my car and I feel very happy to have bought it.
Good luck!
alex_d9
QUOTE(Peja @ 5 Jan 2009, 18:59)
Don't get me wrong. I am Logan owner also. But what when 6year warranty expire?
Should I sell my Logan to metal garbage?

Problem on foto could be resolved easy with mud protectors, but DACIA in Serbia sell them for about 25EUR/pair, and protecting plastic for aech wheel is 20EUR.

Taht is SCANDAL!

Peja

Peja

we have the same prices in romania for thoes plastic wings protections
g100sic
QUOTE(Peja @ 5 Jan 2009, 17:59)
...But what when 6year warranty expire?...

Peja, you didn't seriously plan to keep it for the whole 6 years??? And even longer??? wink.gif biggrin.gif
krle
QUOTE(alex_d9 @ 5 Jan 2009, 17:52)
you have 6 years corrosion warranty , they will repair that if its a manufacturing defect . but if u scratched it , u have to pay for the repainting.

And what after guarantees from the 6th year?
Here is a mistake in the technological process of the Dacia plant or to the poor quality steel.
http://www.daciaclub.ro/rugina-logan-t2512...tml#entry991189
Bad example:
http://www.daciaclub.ro/index.php?showtopi...ndpost&p=326380
After reparations in the service:
http://www.daciaclub.ro/index.php?showtopi...ndpost&p=327364
This is not a solution.
alexx2
I have one of the first Logans that came out, it's now starting it's 5th year in the family, always kept outdoors and no traces of corrosion yet.
Keka
I had problem with corosion on right rear wheel arch too:
http://img62.imageshack.us/i/spma0834.jpg/

That was repaired in service under warranty:
http://img710.imageshack.us/i/spma0842.jpg/

Some idiotic screws on front wheel arch:
http://img709.imageshack.us/i/spma0844.jpg/
Boris
Keka this does not look repaired, it looks like it's just masked with the plastic. Correct me if I'm wrong.
jocker
It sure is just masked and not repaired.... Same is with my car.

Here in Macedonia there was some kind of action from Dacia central service, which is in Croatia, some of the Dacia Logan owners received an invitation letter for free of charge treatment for anti-corrosion. They treated the inside of the car trunk and doors with some kind of yellowish-brown thing... and on cars that had the same problems as yours, and sadly mine, with corrosion above the rear wheel they mounted, also free of charge, plastic covers. I asked have they fixed the corrosion underneath those plastics, or only mounted them just to mask the problem... I receive the answer not to worry everything is done as it should be (man I hate when I receive such an answer without explaining what exactly is done). Now looking through the city, I only see white cars, such as mine, with these plastic covers, maybe white color has most problems. But I remember a post from Heinz saying that in his experience with Logan, white has least problems. Anybody else?
g100sic
That treatment was with wax sealant, preventing accumulation of water in the internal cavities.

I wrote about the problem not with corrosion but with peeling off of the transparent lacquer finish on the trunk lid. I did wait a couple of months for the approval of the warranty from the Renault center, but then it was repaired properly, by repainting the lid.

Maybe they are just aware of the week spot (edges to thin, and prone to damage), and want to prevent further problems by protecting the edges with that plastic cover.
dacia socrates
paying in andvace is illigal, that is impossible .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.