DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > General Discussion
Boris
The new fines for speeding in Croatia are:

In a populated area
- up to 10 km/h over the speed limit - 41 EUR
- from 10 km/h to 20 km/h over the speed limit - 70 EUR
- from 20 km/h to 30 km/h over the speed limit - 140 EUR
- from 30 km/h to 50 km/h over the speed limit - 280 EUR
- more than 50 km/h over the speed limit - from 684 EUR to 2050 EUR or 60 days in prison

Outside a populated area:
- from 10 km/h to 30 km/h over the speed limit - 70 EUR
- from 30 km/h to 50 km/h over the speed limit - 140 EUR
- more than 50 km/h over the speed limit - 960 EUR

How are these compared to the fines in Romania and other countries? Are they low, same or high?
Alexu7
speeding 10-20 km/h over the limit gets you 2 penalty points.
speeding 21-30 km/h over the limit gets you 3 penalty points.
--//--//-- 31-40 km/h --//--//--//--//--//--//-- 4 penalty points.
--//--//-- 41-50 km/h --//--//--//--//--//--//-- 6 penalty points, and you lose your license.

1 penalty points = 10% of the minimum wage.
Boris
I forgot to add the penalty points here. I will ad them later. I was just interested in the cost of the fines.
marksman
Thank you Boris. I'm planning to spend my holidays in Croatia (Hvar) and I wasn't aware of the speeding fines in your country.
emil_t
QUOTE(Boris @ 19 Jun 2008, 14:52)
I forgot to add the penalty points here. I will ad them later. I was just interested in the cost of the fines.

i think that one penalty point equals roughly 10 EUR / 36 RON.

wow you really have some strict rules, +50 km/h 2000 EUR or 60 days in prison ... wow
vv
Waw, you have some stiff fines, almost everybody drives 150-160 on highway in Croatia, I did it too, so I risked 140 Euro? ohmy.gif (*)

For here - we have here two kinds of "penalty points", and the rules (as far as I remember) are:
1. "puncte amenda" - these are those mentioned by Alexu7, now a penalty point is 100RON (a little more than 28 euro). Note that Alexu7 mentioned the minimum fine, you can get a higher fine too depending on the policeman(i.e. "the severity of the contravention"). The good news is that regardless of the fine, by law you always get the option to pay half of the minimum fine (not "your fine") on the spot, or within max. 24 (or was it 48?) hours. Also, if the policeman is nice, he may give you just a written "Warning" (no fine, but it includes "puncte penalizare").

2. "puncte penalizare": when you collect 15 of these points within 6 months, you get you license suspended for 3 months. If you do it again within a year or so, the second time it gets suspended for 6 monts

be careful though that you can easily get you license suspended directly by a large variety of other "actions" - e.g. crossing on the red or yellow light, taking over in an area where it is forbidden (e.g. continuous line or explicit sign dissalowing this maneuver), going on in a forbidden dirrection (e.g. making a left when it is compulsory to turn to the right) etc.

(*) [l.e.] Oh, I see now it was "only" 70 euro smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.