Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Logan 1.6 16v petrol Vs 206 SD
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
Ebrahim Hassanzadeh
In this country we have a limited selection , 405 based cars are still satisfiable , 206 is fully equiped and well designed , Xantia is the end of technology ...
Which one do you prefer ? if you have 12000 in pocket and wants to buy:

-405 1.8 90ps petrol (no ABS , Air bags ...) 11000

-206 1.4 HB petrol (no ABS , Air bags ...) 12000

-206 1.4 SD petrol (no ABS , Air bags ...) 13000

-206 1.6 SD 16v petrol (with ABS , 2Air bags ...) 14000

-Logan 1.6 SD 16v petrol (with ABS , 2Air bags ...) 12000

-Xantia 2.0 16v petrol (with ABS , 2Air bags ...) 18000

Why?
ArtVandelay
there are other car manufacturers, you know..
aphophis
logan. I supossed that you have there (iran) the logan facelift? Something like these:

http://www.km77.com/00/dacia/logan/g01.asp
http://www.km77.com/00/dacia/logan/g02.asp

i'll take logan because is better equipped and cheaper..
einstein1984
I'd love a Xantia (allthough I don't think they make the Hidractive variant over there) but a Logan would do nicely. It's a bit roomier than a 206 ant the build quality is not all that different than the PEugeot.
klaus
In my opinion 206 has 2 advantages: 1. The paint is of a better quality, 2. Front seats are better. In rest, logan is superior, and you can do more with it (including fitting a better cd player is cheaper an easier). Logan has by far a better suspension and more interior and boot space. The 1.6 16 v engine on logan is a reliable and enough performant engine. Even the air condition is better (more efficient) on logan.
I recommend a drive test with the cars because you are the one who will drive, you have to like the chosen car, not us.

PS: I had a logan before, now I have a 206.
Ebrahim Hassanzadeh
Thank you all,actually I'm following a same topic in an Iranian forum (in Farsi Language) . People here talk about some differences like :
-206 has a better electrical (multiplex) system than Logan.
-206 SD has a better Handling than Logan.
-206 has a better design in and out than Logan.

what's your opinion ?

I have a Logan for more than 2 years and drove it over 100,000 km .
dizzy
Hello,
The Logan electrical system is reliable, so who cares if it's multiplexed or not?
Logan has higher road clearance which combined with soft suspension will be wobblier than Peugeot. If you know the limits of your car, you will be safe in normal speed range.
206 hatchback is definitely prettier than Logan, but the 206 sedan looks like somebody took a welding torch and attached the end of a 607. On the other hand, these are cheap cars, you can't have it all for this sum.
I would choose a 405 with ABS and airbag but since this is not possible, choose Logan, it's the best choice for 12000.
einstein1984
From a user's point of view, the lack of a multiplexed system means only less things to go wrong.
klaus
QUOTE(Ebrahim Hassanzadeh @ 23 Jan 2010, 22:12)
-206 has a better electrical (multiplex) system than Logan.
electrical system on the 206 is not much better only because it has CAN-BUS.
Actually the 206 CAN-bus is only useful for 4 communications: between BSI and injection ECU, between BSI and the under -steering wheel module, communication between BSI and on top screen and communication between BSI and dashboard.
There is not a real CAN-BUS system, which check the lights if are burned for exemple, which communicate with a back-computer that will switched lights etc..
It reduces the length of wires by about 15 meters, let' say. Or 15 meters of wires I think cheaper than implementing those computers for the CAN-bus.
It is indeed more pleasant to see on the screen "right rear door open" (or to have a graphical representation, depending on the type of screen), to see the warnings (hand brake on, etc.), but that's about all the benefit perceived by user.
The electrical system of 206, though slightly better made (undertakings, protection), is suffering from some cuts (many things on the same fuse, many electrically powered by BSI). For example if you burn the trunk lamp fuse you cannot start the car because the fuse for trunk light supply the power for under-steering wheel module that recognizes the key.
In cheap cars CAN BUS system is needed for real only if you have a stability program module installed, or you have quite an advanced diesel engine.
-206 SD has a better Handling than Logan.
That's debatable. Logan has a better suspension (more comfortable) and a better steering assistance. And in my opinion 206 SD is ugly.
-206 has a better design in and out than Logan.
Actually not many people buy logan because it has won a design contest...
Ebrahim Hassanzadeh
QUOTE(aphophis @ 22 Jan 2010, 12:52)
logan. I supossed that you have there (iran) the logan facelift?

Unfortunatly we don't have Logan Facelift in Iran yet . I was in Turkey 3 months ago and asked a Renault-Dacia dealer for possibillity of mounting the facelift items (head and rear lamps , front and rear bumpers) the answer was no .
aphophis
how well is selling logan there? Can you put some sales number for 2009 pls? With logan & competitors & local auto market
Ebrahim Hassanzadeh
QUOTE(einstein1984 @ 22 Jan 2010, 12:56)
I'd love a Xantia (allthough I don't think they make the Hidractive variant over there)

This version of Xantia didn't produced after 2001 in Europe , but in Iran is a popular car with the price twice a Logan with medium configuration (one Air Bag , no fog light ...)

QUOTE(klaus @ 22 Jan 2010, 13:18)
.... Logan has by far a better suspension ...
PS: I had a logan before, now I have a 206.

why Logan's suspension is better and which type of 206 do you have,SD/HB?

QUOTE(dizzy @ 24 Jan 2010, 01:14)
Logan has higher road clearance ...

How?

... the 206 sedan looks like somebody took a welding torch and attached the end of a 607.

you mean it's not pretty or you don't like it because the end of it is like 607 and doesn't match 206 ? what about handling SD or HB ? I had a 1.4 HD 4 years ago , one day , a fast lane changing in 120km/h (which was done like this at higher speeds with this car and other cars with no problem at all) and I lost the control of car , no wheel/break response , a bad crash . After going to repair shops to fix the car , I realized that is the common problems between 206s and a lot of them went upside down .

I would choose a 405 with ABS and airbag ...

Do you think a 405 with 20 years older technology is better ?
ag02cws
Logan is the best option taking into consideration the price and the quality.
dizzy
Logan has a larger ground clearance then Peugeot 206, around 15cm and that is important in a country with a poor infrastructure as in .ro
I think 206 sedan is an ugly car, the hatchback looks much better.
Anyhow, Dacia Logan is not a beauty so, this shouldn't be a problem.
And finally, I think I would buy a Peugeot 405 brand new with ABS and 2 airbags for the price of a Logan. One of my friend had a 405 and that car was really nice to drive
Loganovac
For 12.000 EUR one can also consider Huyndai i30, Renault Megane II Sedan, Chevrolet Cruze (12.500 EUR) etc in Serbia. I suppose that the sitauation on the market in Iran is similar...
studioworks
Buy a Sandero instead, its more rafined then a Logan.
Grim_Reaper
If i will have to choose between a Dacia 1310 and a Logan, ill choose the Dacia 1310, some of you will say that i'm am idiot to choose a Dacia 1310 doesent has power steering, smaler engine, unsafe, fuck that it's cheaper to maintain.
klaus
Ya, ya, of course my horse.
Do not forget to put Jaguar S-type de 2.7 Twin turbo diesel engine and his automatic transmision on you 1310, as you said at http://www.daciaclub.ro/index.php?showtopi...dpost&p=2261054.
Oh, boy.
Ebrahim Hassanzadeh
QUOTE(klaus @ 22 Jan 2010, 13:18)
In my opinion 206 has 2 advantages: 1. The paint is of a better quality, 2. Front seats are better. In rest, logan is superior...

I had a 206 before , I had problem with front seats with my 190 cm and 110 kg , I did feel pressure at outer sides of my feet .

QUOTE(aphophis @ 25 Jan 2010, 15:50)
how well is selling logan there? Can you put some sales number for 2009 pls? With logan & competitors & local auto market

There is no official reports on this Important item . I guess it's near 100000 a year , only Logan Sedan .

QUOTE(Loganovac @ 4 Feb 2010, 23:22)
For 12.000 EUR one can also consider Huyndai i30, Renault Megane II Sedan, Chevrolet Cruze (12.500 EUR) etc in Serbia. I suppose that the sitauation on the market in Iran is similar...

Oh , no . Huyndai i30 is 28000 , there is no Renault Megane II Sedan , only Megane Sedan at 20000 .

QUOTE(studioworks @ 5 Feb 2010, 16:54)
Buy a Sandero instead, its more rafined then a Logan.

I wish to but how can we buy Sandro if there is no Logan Face lift ?
mihaimmm
QUOTE(Ebrahim Hassanzadeh @ 7 Feb 2010, 22:08)
I had a 206 before , I had problem with front seats with my 190 cm and 110 kg , I did feel pressure at outer sides of my feet .
There is no official reports on this Important item . I guess it's near 100000 a year , only Logan Sedan .
Oh , no . Huyndai i30 is 28000 , there is no Renault Megane II Sedan , only Megane Sedan at 20000 .
I wish to but how can we buy Sandro if there is no Logan Face lift ?

Megane Sedan I at 20000 what? Euros? ohmy.gif
Boris
Providing that I never do anything stupid as I did a couple of days ago (trash the left side of the car (my fault) ) I would always choose a Logan over a 206 Peugeot.

In my opinion Logan is a much better bargain, more value for money if you do not need any parts (any what so ever) that can be sold to you only through an authorized Renault dealership (meaning that there are no replacement parts manufactured by ....).

The plastic part that goes over the front wheel (the thing that guards the car from mud and salt and you don't see it) costs around 60 EUR, the stupid chrome ornament in the front of the car costs cca 75 EUR, and so on, and so on .....

Logan is a great car, but God forbid that you ever need to replace anything other than a engine part, that's going to be expensive compared to other cars that are similar.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.