Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Exporting a Logan MCV to United Kingdom
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
Colinr
Does any one know if Dacia can supply headlamp units for the UK or another country which drives on the lefthand side of the road?
Fratzica
I don`t think Dacia manufactures left-hand drive models so I don`t see why it would supply such headlamp units.
variable_dynamics
Dacia-Renault DOES manufacture left-hand drive models in India(the joint-venture is called Mahindra-Renault and the car is Mahindra Renault Logan).
I presume Dacia could supply with special headlights. Try requesting more information via e-mail: vocea.clientului@daciagroup.com

Best regards.
GabrielD
Hello!
I have just decided to register my Dacia Logan in UK.
First I need to fit an extra tail fog lamp on the rear right side, fix the speedometer so that will show miles/hour and fit those headlights dipping to left.
And some paperwork and payments aswell.
The problem so far would be headlights.
I have heard that some headlights of this kind are produced in Romania at Elba Timisoara factory. They are ment to be exported to India or South Africa, not sure, maybe they will fit Mahindra Logan.
If anyone could help regarding this lead I would be very grateful.
Thanks a lot!
free_fiber
QUOTE(GabrielD @ 20 Jun 2010, 16:04)
fix the speedometer so that will show miles/hour

I think this is an easy task, you will have to rewrite a memory from inside the dashboard, so the soft will turn from 6002 into 6003. The trick works on other softs as well.
GabrielD
QUOTE(free_fiber @ 22 Jun 2010, 13:40)
I think this is an easy task, you will have to rewrite a memory from inside the dashboard, so the soft will turn from 6002 into 6003. The trick works on other softs as well.

Thank you! I would never thought about that!
I was going to apply a sticker in mph on the existing speedometer.
Maskatu
QUOTE(free_fiber @ 22 Jun 2010, 14:40)

I think he is refering to the writings from the speedometer.... more exactly the 20,40,60,80,etc. marks.... he has to print a version that has miles and not km. When he drives the car and for example the speed limit is 30 miles/h, he will have to know that... and in order for the car to be registered, the car needs miles not km.

I think the mahindra logan has headlamps for use in uk.... it also has right stearing.
einstein1984
There are part numbers for the headlights and tail lights available in the left hand drive specifications, any renault dealer can find them in selecting steering wheel on the right end technical country specifications TLAFSU (South africa) in Dialogys.
The problem lies with fact that even with the correct part numbers, the parts are not in stock in europe. I don't know if Renault can supply those parts over here.
M.C.
QUOTE(Maskatu @ 24 Jun 2010, 16:06)
I think he is refering to the writings from the  speedometer.... more exactly the 20,40,60,80,etc.  marks.... he has to print a version that has miles and not km. When he drives the car and for example the speed limit is 30 miles/h, he will have to know that...  and in order for the car to be registered, the car needs miles not km.

This is the easiest way to solve the problem.
It will be better if you can print out a sticker with both indications,i mean mph and km/h,for the speedometer.
I have an Mercury Milan,american car,and on the speedometer i have both indications(mph and km/h )
Have a look on the attached photo,maybe it will inspire you.
Regards.
[attachmentid=1627634043]
GabrielD
Thank you all very much for all your replies. I will try and follow your suggestions.
The main problem is still replacing the headlamps with Mahindra Logan ones.
Have a thought on that, maybe you have some ideas.
M.C.
I don't know what to say.
I have an ideea,maybe it will work.
If not,please do not be angry on me! icon_mrgreen.gif
Try to rotate a little to the left the bulbs onto the headlight support.
In this way,the low beam fillament dipping direction it will change to the left.
But for this job,you need to buy two new bulbs and to do some small modifications on that three pins that are fitted on the bulb flange,in order to have the freedom to change the bulb position on the headlight support.
Regards.

GabrielD
http://www.elba.ro/index.php?option=com_fi...&id=5&lang=en#5

Follow this link regarding RHD Logan headlamps made in Romania.

And Google translate:

Hello, after our fellow consultarii at the Department of design we can say that mill at ELBA is on the left headlamp for circulation (for Logan actualface-elevator that is accomplished in South Africa). For variant India, headlamps and are completed echipeaza Loganul by Chevrolet, Phase1 Loganul are for. Now, for India is not circulating on the left uses the headlights of THE ELBE.
copros
what special headlight are you looking for?try to find it on our website please. www.hid-copros.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.