Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Alarm wiring?
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
kodalo
Does anybody has wiring diagram for alarm (where is cut off,etc) for Dacia logan?
MoneyTalks
There is NO alarm for Dacia Logan... There is just ALARM. It means that you can use ANY kind of alarm for Dacia Logan. And because there are so many alarm types, it is not possible to answer your question.

Just go to any dealer in your area who sells and mounts alarms and you will find all the information you need... smile.gif
kodalo
QUOTE(MoneyTalks @ 9 May 2005, 17:41)
There is NO alarm for Dacia Logan... There is just ALARM. It means that you can use ANY kind of alarm for Dacia Logan. And because there are so many alarm types, it is not possible to answer your question.

Just go to any dealer in your area who sells and mounts alarms and you will find all the information you need... smile.gif

Yes, a I know there is no special ALARM for Logan. But these car is new on our market and my local local alarm dealer request to many money for installing, comparing with other models. He said that he must find where wiring going, find wire for fuel pump, switch for flasher, etc...( lot of stories for a lot of money).
cg_ivan
QUOTE(kodalo @ 10 May 2005, 10:04)
Yes, a I know there is no special ALARM for Logan. But these car is  new on our market and my local local alarm dealer request to many money for installing, comparing with other models. He said that he must find where wiring going, find wire for fuel pump, switch for flasher,  etc...( lot of stories for a  lot of  money).

You should find a local representative or an Dacia/Renault authorised service.
Otherwise the waranty becomes void.
kodalo
QUOTE(cg_ivan @ 10 May 2005, 11:36)

I know that but I am disappoinedt with dealer. I have no intention to pay 350EUR for Cobra if normal price is 200EUR.
MoneyTalks
So you need something else. Don't worry, 350 euro for an alarm is not that much. It could have been even more expensive... smile.gif

PS. Unfortunately what you need is a service manual for Logan and that is secret, it cannot be distributed. Only official Dacia/Renault dealers should have this manual.
kodalo
QUOTE(MoneyTalks @ 10 May 2005, 19:24)
So you need something else. Don't worry, 350 euro for an alarm is not that much. It could have been even more expensive... smile.gif

I already have payed for full insurance, so alarm is only addition security. But I don't like lies. When I asked for prices, before buying, it was one sum. Now, when I have bought car, it is totally different.

QUOTE(MoneyTalks @ 10 May 2005, 19:24)
PS. Unfortunately what you need is a service manual for Logan and that is secret, it cannot be distributed. Only official Dacia/Renault dealers should have this manual.

It is also very strange. Everybody can buy documentation from Autodata UK, legally, for most models. Dacia is good car, but it is not space technology jet.
MoneyTalks
QUOTE(kodalo @ 11 May 2005, 07:34)
But I don't like lies. When I asked for prices, before buying, it was one sum. Now, when I have bought car, it is totally different.

You are right. This is not OK, to pay more money than normal. What reason gave you the dealer for the higher price?
bogdan_iuly
QUOTE(cg_ivan @ 10 May 2005, 11:36)

Some people say what you've just told, but others say that there is no problem with the waranty (some say that you can buy an alarm from your favourite shop, but you must install at a Dacia dealer) ... So? huh.gif
kodalo
QUOTE(MoneyTalks @ 13 May 2005, 15:36)
You are right. This is not OK, to pay more money than normal. What reason gave you the dealer for the higher price?

There is no reason. Simple, it is price. If I want full waranty, I must install, even bye alarm, at official Dacia service.
kodalo
Well,

I found some information about wiring.
Now I have one practicly question
What is recomandation to take permanent supply for alarm?
From UCH, fuses table or some other wires?
More precisely, I need the best location.

Thanks.
Danco
Find a permanent +12V (not through the ignition key contact) on the fuses panel and take the supply from there. I believe there is OK the front light fuse for that purpose. The alarm unit it self consumes low current, but when it triggers it supplies current for indicators or other lights that are big consumers.
mario1980
Hi,

For those who want to install the alarm by themselves: the power wires can be tied to the fuses panel, you'll find there +12v and +12V on contact. Also I recommend not to use the flash lights, but to use the parking lights. It's also there on the fuse panel, so you don't have to scratch or cut wires, search for them, use diodes, and so on. Some alarm manufacturers recommend the usage of the parking lights.
I have installed the alarm on the car by myself. I pushed the skinned end of the wire together with the fuses in the panel, and that's all... It can be removed whenever you want, without leaving any traces.
Use a ohm/voltmeter, not a test light.
Be carefull to the lock/unlock pulse given by the alarm. It shoul be set on minimum (time), if possible.
The central locking button for lock/unlock, is very easy to be drawn outside. It has 5 wires: one in the middle is the ground, the ones next to it are for the light in the button, and those on the extremes, are the ones where the alarm wires are to be tied. I did the same thing, skinned the wires at the end, and pushed them together with the connector. No scratch or cut on the wires.
I can't help much on the doors contacts, because I have a radar sensor, and didn't tied them.

Be carefull, and good luck!
novauto
QUOTE(mario1980 @ 6 Sep 2005, 08:57)
Hi,
For those who want to install the alarm by themselves: the power wires can be tied to the fuses panel, you'll find there +12v and +12V on contact.

I have found first four fuses at left side has permanent supply The 4th, count from left, should be for lamps, so it can be used, I am supposing.
Also I recommend not to use the flash lights, but to use the parking lights. It's also there on the fuse panel, so you don't have to scratch or cut wires, search for them, use diodes, and so on. Some alarm manufacturers recommend the usage of the
parking lights.

Does 'lumini pozitie' means parkig light? In that case, there is common wire for F18 (left position) and F19 (right postion) on the fuse panel - fuses on the bottom right side
l... It can be removed whenever you want, without leaving any traces.

Yes, I also want to make the same.

The central locking button for lock/unlock, is very easy to be drawn outside. It has 5 wires: one in the middle is the ground, the ones next to it are for the light in the button, and those on the extremes, are the ones where the alarm wires are to be tied.

1- brown, violet ->Lock/unlock
2, 3 - black -> minus
4 - blue -> light
5- orange,white -> Lock/unlock

I can't help much on the doors contacts, because I have a radar sensor, and didn't tied them.

Door contacts send minus signal to the UHC (green connector) at position 30 for rear doors and 40 for front doors. It is much better to find mid connector for these switches and insert wires, since UHC connectors are very small. Unfortunally, I did'n have time to trace wires, so any advice where find it is very, very welcome.

mario1980
"Lumini pozitie" indeed means "parking lights". Those 2 fuses are the ones.
The same result I got when searching for the door triggers. To be mentioned that the rear doors triggers are connected together with the trunk trigger. It seems there might still be a wire that goes out from UCH and goes to the interior temporised light. The trouble with that wire is that if you want to have that light triggered by the doors or trunk, when you close the door, after few seconds, the alarm starts, because the temporised + becomes a - transmitted trough the bulb, and the alarm catches it as a door trigger impulse. This I didn't check exactly, it's only my guess... Same problem with time for me, also.
Be sure to tie the wires at the fuses panel, at that side of the fuse from where the "signal" is coming, not the side where it goes to the protected devices. This can be done by removing a fuse and see with a voltmeter which terminal is the "signal" . The alarm should have it's own fuses.

Regards
novauto
QUOTE(mario1980 @ 7 Sep 2005, 12:00)
"Lumini pozitie" indeed means "parking lights". Those 2 fuses are the ones.
The same result I got when searching for the door triggers. To be mentioned that the rear doors triggers are  connected together with the trunk trigger. It seems there might still be a wire that goes out from UCH and goes to the interior temporised light. The trouble with that wire is that if you want to have that light triggered by the doors or trunk, when you close the door, after few seconds, the alarm starts, because the temporised + becomes a - transmitted trough the bulb, and the alarm catches it as a door trigger impulse. This I didn't check exactly, it's only my guess... Same problem with time for me, also.

I have Ambiance and it doesn't have back door trigger, so I can't check my opinion in the practice but I think following:

Door triggers only sends (-) signal to UCH. UCH then send (+) signal to the bulbs. More precisely, trigger is not standard switch to off/on power supply. So there is no any parasite signal from any side of the trigger. It can be minus or nothing.

It looks absolutely safe to catch (-) signal from door triggers.

Speaking of connectors, there is one at the leaft side, about midpoint drivers seat. Most wires can start here,so there is no need to take signal from UCH. Consider fact that front and back door has separate contacts, so alarm must has input for two door trigger.

Regards
novauto
QUOTE(MoneyTalks @ 9 May 2005, 17:41)

I just saw alarm for Dacia. biggrin.gif, at local dealer. Of sourse, it is Cobra, but there is label "Renault Dacia" on the box. I did't see well so I can't tell model name, but remote control has title "Cobra".
Does anybody has more information about?
My Berlina
[attachmentid=16119]
Lolek
...pay attention to details (I mean ask whatever questions you have).

I have a Guard alarm (I think it's a punny little toy compared to others). My surprise was the fact that the remote had inside, instead of one solid battery, two chinese batteries, one on top of the other. Needless to say that at some point one of the batteries slipped away from above the other while I had the remote in my pocket and I found myself most amazed that the remote didn't work anymore without any kind of warning.

Luckily I had the spare remote nearby, and I was able to "resolve" the silly situation quickly. But man, that was nuts, I must say.
novauto
QUOTE(mario1980 @ 6 Sep 2005, 08:57)
Some alarm manufacturers recommend the usage of the parking lights.

I have asked some services why all suggest parking lights, not hazard lights and they said reason is high current. I.e for flashes draw about 7A (4x21W + few ~84W -> 7 A). Modern alarm has small relays so it can be problema. But, I don't like parking lights, since my car now looks like Christmas tree when alarm is (de)armed. All lights, including dashboard, start to blink.
I have inspected hazard switch and my conclusion is that only right side is direct switching. Other hazard lights goes through UCH.

Connectors are:
1 - blue <--illumination
2 - white --> + for right side and UCH
5,6 - black -- Minus
8 - brown --> Minus to UCH to activat all hazard lights.

Is it correct?
In that case I must send - signla to pin 8 to activate hazard lights when (de)arms alarm?

PS. what "Comand - temporizator centra clipitoare" means?

I just found:
You would need to have a constant +12V or (ground) output from the alarm to feed into the hazard light circuit not a pulsed output. The circuit for the hazard lights has it's own integrated flasher wired in... so the end result will not really look all that hot. The hazards won't be synchronized with the alarm indication... they will look more random. sad.gif
zorpetus

Since this was topic about car alarms I hope that there are experienced people here who might help with some advice.

My friend has a problem with his Logan who fails to start from time to time. Coded key is recognized, all lights turned off (as it should be), starter works normally - but ignition itself is missing.

Alarm has been installed - but nothing with ignition blocking was touched - in order not to void warranty.

We asked around in DaciaClub forums and everyone suggested that he should go to the service, as such problem in not something normal.

Today my friend visited the Dacia service, and they put it on the diagnostic computer, and it readed error: DF044

Person in service told him that this is error related with circuit for blocking engine to start (ignition blocking) and that because of this error he is unable to access the module for ignition inside computer (or something like that).

My friend was adviced to the service who installed alarm (again, person who installed alarm didn't "cut" any ignition blockade circuits, there is nothing with alarm turned ON that would prevent anyone with right coded key to start the car) to check if he did everything OK.

Any advice? Is this DF044 error pointing to something specific? Any experience from practice?

(Alarm is Cobra, and Logan is 1.4 MPI)
kodalo
QUOTE(zorpetus @ 6 May 2006, 11:54)
My friend has a problem with his Logan who fails to start from time to time. Coded key is recognized, all lights turned off (as it should be), starter works normally - but ignition itself is missing.

Alarm has been installed - but nothing with ignition blocking was touched - in order not to void warranty.

My friend was adviced to the service who installed alarm (again, person who nstalled alarm didn't "cut" any ignition blockade circuits, there is nothing with alarm turned ON that would prevent anyone with right coded key to start the car) to check if he did everything OK.

(Alarm is Cobra, and Logan is 1.4 MPI)

Well, I have installed alarm myself and there is no problem. I didn't cut any cable. Only modification I have done is following:

1. taking signal from door switch (directly from connector).
2. I got power supply from fuse panel (tighty wrapping wire about fuse base)
3. activated parking light sending power to the appropriate fuse.
4. alarm siren is activated through alarm unit, so there is no modification.

For door locking I used connector at switch on the dashboard.
So I DIDN'T cut any wire, DIDN'T change anything about ignition and everything works fine.
I don't have any alarm schematic (except this general for alarm, but it is well known). I saw in one Dacia service boox for Cobra alarm, marked as "Logan alarm". So, If some forum member works at Dacia service it should not be problem to send wiring schematic.

Regarding coded key, you can try to simulate wrong code. Open key and remove chip. It is easy and safe. Now you get good key (by shape) with wrong code and you can compare result with right key.

Good luck !

zorpetus
QUOTE(kodalo @ 8 May 2006, 09:03)

1. taking signal from door switch (directly from connector).
2. I got power supply from fuse panel (tighty wrapping wire about fuse base)
3. activated parking light sending power to the appropriate fuse.
4. alarm siren is activated through alarm unit, so there is no modification.

For door locking I used connector at switch on the dashboard.
So I DIDN'T cut any wire, DIDN'T change anything about ignition and everything works fine.

Thank you for this information!
My friend asked the person who installed the alarm if he did it the same way - and his answer was: "yes, of course, how else, I've also put relays for hazard lights, diodes... etc. - as this is not the first Logan that I am working on..."

sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.