Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Towbar Fitting
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
Hare
Hello,

How difficult is it to fit a towbar to a Dacia Logan MCV (new vehicle) .... Renault want around €700 to fit one. Towbar costs around €280 in Germany .... but nobody seems to 'fit' them here in Rheinland Pfalz.

I am reasonably competant with a toolbox ...

thanks
einstein1984
I wouldn't try that if I were you. The towbar would need homologation by TUV and I think they wouldn't accept a home made instalation.
gwoffer
Hello Hare,
I can't understand why you are not able to have your towbar fitted!
Why don't you ask in one of the private garages or failing that
Put an add in "My Hammer" or likewise in the internet.
I wish you every success.

Greetings,

Geoffrey
Hare
Thanks gwoffer & einstein, managed to get local garage to do it for approx €400 .. still waiting for confirmation. What a great motor car though .. biggrin.gif
Barrie
Hare,

If you buy the tow bar and electric kit from a Renault agent you will have no problems with the fitting process.
But you will need an extra pair of hands to lift down the bumper and replace it afterward.
The holes you need are already made and covered with tape; smile.gif the electrical connections simply plug in.
There are no special tools required, It took me about three hours.
The instructions in the kit are easy to follow.
Good Luck.
Barrie (SW France)
Hare
QUOTE(Barrie @ 11 Aug 2010, 22:37)
Hare,

If you buy the tow bar and electric kit from a Renault agent you will have no problems with the fitting process.
But you will need an extra pair of hands to lift down the bumper and replace it afterward.
The holes you need are already made and covered with tape; smile.gif  the electrical connections simply plug in.
There are no special tools required, It took me about three hours.
The instructions in the kit are easy to follow.
Good Luck.
Barrie (SW France)

Thanks Barrie ... but already booked in with local garage huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.