Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel reserve
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
kodalo
I would like to know how many fuel is left when red lamp for fule going on?
mccoy
Enough to reach gas station ...`cause they are on every corner.
I guess 4-5 L.
KNIGHT_C
From the moment when the lamp is on, you have for sure enough fuel to go around 30 - 35 km.
Nobody knows for sure how many fuel is in the tank, you can check the hide menu which can gives you an ideea but even this one is not 100 % exactly.
mccoy
I think but I am not quite sure that standard is 80 km

from the moment when the lamp is on for every car wink.gif
KNIGHT_C
It's hard to talk about a standard because everything depends of comsuption. If you are on highway, you could go 80 km with 5 litres, but in a town the distance is less (in the best case 60 km, in a big city maybe less than 50 km), that's why I said around 30-35 km because in this way you couldn't remain without fuel in any case.
Czar
I agree ... And I have performed some tests.
It is all about consumption!
With average of 6.6 l/100km the lamp lights on 80 km to gas station.
With average of 9.2 l/100km the lamp lights on 50 km to gas station.
My guess is that there are between 4.5 and 4.8 liters when the light goes on!
sir_zven
QUOTE(kodalo @ 17 Jun 2005, 07:21)
I would like to know how many fuel is left when red lamp for fule going on?

About 8L
novauto
One strange behavior:
Fuel indicator is discrete, not analog. Every bar appears according to resistance and there is table for it sleep.gif . I want to calculate consumption and drive until fuel reserve light on. After that I drive ahead additional 16 km and then take 7l of gasoline. But light remain on? Of course, it doesn’t meanLGN needs 7l for 16 km, but question is can we trust to indicator bars?
Boris
QUOTE(novauto @ 28 Oct 2005, 08:20)
One strange behavior:
Fuel indicator is discrete, not analog. Every bar appears according to resistance and there is table for it sleep.gif . I want to calculate consumption and drive until fuel reserve light on. After that I drive ahead additional 16 km and then take 7l of gasoline. But light remain on? Of course, it doesn’t meanLGN needs 7l for 16 km, but question is can we trust to  indicator bars?

It's just an indikator, like you say, it's not a measurement instrument. The purpose of it is for you to have a good guess of how many fuel you have left.
novauto
QUOTE(Boris @ 28 Oct 2005, 09:53)
It's just an indikator, like you say, it's not a measurement instrument. The purpose of it is for you to have a good guess of how many fuel you have left.

Yes, I agree, but 7 (seven) liters tolerance is too much even for an indicator !
mccoy
Do not torture gas station personnel by pouring 7 l laugh.gif
mccoy
QUOTE(KNIGHT_C @ 17 Jun 2005, 15:17)
It's hard to talk about a standard because everything depends of comsuption. If you are on highway, you could go 80 km with 5 litres, but in a town the distance is less (in the best case 60 km, in a big city maybe less than 50 km), that's why I said around 30-35 km because in this way you couldn't remain without fuel in any case.

80 km excl.gif calculating average consumption... cool.gif
novauto
QUOTE(mccoy @ 28 Oct 2005, 18:04)
80 km  excl.gif  calculating average consumption... cool.gif

Yes, I change from 7 to 40 liter to calculate consumption and see how indicator works.
mccoy
Average consumption from book , manufacturers data for mixed drive,
not from board computer.
novauto
QUOTE(mccoy @ 30 Oct 2005, 12:49)
Average consumption  from book , manufacturers data for mixed drive,
not from board computer.

I didn't try to calculate consumption using board computer (since I haven't it biggrin.gif ).
Instead, I have measured consumption between two periods when fuel reserve lights on.
bness
QUOTE(novauto @ 31 Oct 2005, 10:36)
I didn't try to calculate consumption using board computer (since I haven't it  biggrin.gif ).
Instead,  I have measured consumption between two periods when fuel reserve lights on.

The best way to calculate fuel consumption is to fill your tank to maximum (to see fuel in tank opening) then drive few hundred km and fill tank same as you fill first time. Then caluclate. It is good if you can do this same way few times and then sum all fuel and km and then calculate.
costi
you cannot do this with Logan
according to the RO side discussions, you can pour-in up to 60 l of gas instead of the 50 l recommended by the manufacturer;
filling up like this can make the engine run erratically in some cases;
so do not exceed to much the recommended tank capacity
bness
QUOTE(costi @ 31 Oct 2005, 15:13)
according to the RO side discussions, you can pour-in up to 60 l of gas instead of the 50 l recommended by the manufacturer;

You are probably right. I did't know that abouth Logan tank. I was speeking generaly. But, for me is a bit confusing that you ken puor up to 10 l og gasoline more in the tank of 50 l capasity. Is that meen that the thank is 60 l but it is recomendet tu use only 50 l, or somthink other. Please translate romanian part of discussions. Thanks.
costi
There was no clear cut conclusion about the issue.
The tank is either too "elastic" or the dilatation space is too large.
The general opinion was that manufacturer's recommendations should be observed.
One Logan owner complained about irregular engine functioning following such an over filled tank.
Nothing wrong happens with 4-5 extra liters but filling it up to the last inch does not seem a good idea.
novauto
QUOTE(bness @ 31 Oct 2005, 15:08)
The best way to calculate fuel consumption is to fill your tank to maximum (to see fuel in tank opening) then drive few hundred km and fill tank same as you fill first time. Then caluclate. It is good if you can do this same way few times and then sum all fuel and km and then calculate.

Yes, I have tried that way, but questions is when fill up again? I thought reserve lamp is good candidate, but it looks like not ...
avathan
QUOTE(mccoy @ 17 Jun 2005, 17:01)
I think  but I am not quite sure that  standard is 80 km

from the moment when the lamp is on for every car wink.gif

the standard I knew of it's 50 km ...
ONCE I made ~42 km in town after the lamp light up ...
some OTHER time I made 30 outside ...
loganek from CZECH REPUBLIK
radmasa.gif IŽam logan is total full 63 L
voicamic
I should say that counting on the fuel reserve more than 20-25 km is not a good idea.
Consuming almost the last drop of fuel in the tank leads to the aspiration of the residues settled on the tank bottom into the fuel injection system of the engine.
Once the injectors plugged, the next trip is obviously to car service. Better not!

Of course I speak as a Romanian driver, using Romanian fuel, which is not always so clean.
Maybe you guys abroad have "cristal clear" fuel out there!
Boris
QUOTE(voicamic @ 6 Apr 2006, 15:23)
Maybe you guys abroad have "cristal clear" fuel out there!

Not quite cristal clear smile.gif , but close radmasa.gif
Touho
Hi all!
Last week I went to Andorra with my Logan 1.4 MPI and like everybody does, I filled the fuel tank to the top.
I drove about 10 km with the fuel reserve light on and then I filled the tank with 58 litres more.
I have driven in all kind of situations since then (city, motorways...) and I have driven 700 km and still I have 3 lines left in the fuel level indicator. The car is running great and I have driven 7000 km since I bought it.
If I can get to 900 km till de reserve fuel light turns on, I will be very happy.
See you!
Boris
QUOTE(Touho @ 25 Apr 2006, 07:59)
I filled the tank with 58 litres

58 or 48? 58 liters seems a bit too much.
sorin_f39
Officially, the tank has a capacity of 50 litre. But, in fact, there is a reserve, about 10 litre, so the real capacity of the tank is about 58 - 60 litre.
martin245
Could these be Rumanian litres
Stu
sorin_f39
Yes, Martin, I'm talking about Romanian litres. What kind of liquid measure are you use?
zorpetus
QUOTE(costi @ 31 Oct 2005, 15:13)

Could you please describe what kind of "erratic" running?
Just running or even problems starting the engine?
martin245
Just wondering if you are getting all of the fuel that you pay for at the pump
This does happen if the pumps are not controlled
I filled mine when new and just got 50 ltrs in it
Stu
voicamic
QUOTE(martin245 @ 26 Apr 2006, 21:03)
Could these be Rumanian litres 
Stu

The "Romanian litre" as you call it is in fact the metric litre, meaning 1 litre = 1 cubic decimeter.

Maybe Touho was tricked by the fuel pump by 1-2 litres, but I succeeded filling some 56 litre in my tank in a similar situation.
sorin_f39
The tank is big, the consumption is ok, so, all you have to do is to get some money, fill the tank, and ... go on the road! biggrin.gif
Touho
Hi all,
I filled the tank with 58 litres or that is what I payed... But what I know for sure is that I have driven more tha 950km and still I have some fuel left (the last line in the level indicator is still on).
And when I filled the tank so much, it took about 300 km to start moving the level indicator. So I do not think I was cheated.
Of course, I think oil stations are allowed to calibrated the pumps with about 2% of "mistake", but I can tell you that comparing the number of liters and the km I have done I do not think I was really cheated by the oil station.
Next time I will go to any oil station and I will fill the tank to the maximum again and I will be able to see if in a Spanish oil station I can fill the tank with so many litres too... So I will be able to compare it with Andorra's.
See you!
sorin_f39
QUOTE(Touho @ 28 Apr 2006, 09:11)
Hi all,
I filled the tank with 58 litres or that is what I payed... But what I know for sure is that I have driven more tha 950km and still I have some fuel left (the last line in the level indicator is still on).
And when I filled the tank so much, it took about 300 km to start moving the level indicator. So I do not think I was cheated.
Of course, I think oil stations are allowed to calibrated the pumps with about 2% of "mistake", but I can tell you that comparing the number of liters and the km I have done I do not think I was really cheated by the oil station.
Next time I will go to any oil station and I will fill the tank to the maximum again and I will be able to see if in a Spanish oil station I can fill the tank with so many litres too... So I will  be able to compare it with Andorra's.
See you!

In these conditions (the tank full and more than 950 km running), you pulled out an average consumption about 6.1 litre / 100 km, which is very good! The official average consumption, given by Dacia, is 5.7 litre / 100 km.
But, let me ask you something. What was the maximum, respectively the average speed you drove with?
Smeagol
QUOTE(zorpetus @ 27 Apr 2006, 22:35)
Could you please describe what kind of "erratic" running?
Just running or even problems starting the engine?

You can damage the filter used to capture the gasoline vapors. You need to have some room in your tank so that the differences of pressure and the vaporization effect take place.

On the Romanian section there is a long explanation about the gasoline vapors recirculation system in place and how you can damage the carbon filter. It is guaranteed for around 60 thousand kilometers, but it can be damaged much sooner if you keep your gasoline tank filled in excess all the time.
Touho
Hi all,
I did it again... but I wont anymore after reading that filling the tank can be dangerous.
I went to a Spanish oil station and I filled the tank with 58 litres, like I did in Andorra right after the level indicator turned the reserve fuel light on. So they were the same circumstances like in Andorra.
So what I can see is that right away after the reserve fuel indicator turns on, the tank can be filled with 58 litres of fuel or even more, so its capacity is much bigger than what it is said in the book.

About my average speed to get that 1000 km with 58 litres I have to confess that I am almost never driving over 110 and the area where I live is quite flat. And I always try to use long gears and try to drive softly.
My last car was a Renault 19 1.9 diesel and I am driving it the same way. And as I have discovered, my Dacia Logan 1.4 is consuming almost like my old Renault 19 diesel, I feel very happy with my new Logan.
See you!
Kiril
for most of the cars is around to pass 80km or 5 litters...
clan
Last year I drove around 90km since the light was on. I drove with such a fear... with constant speed and easy acceleration... Do not try this!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.