Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: How fast did you drive your Logan?
DaciaClub - Forum Dacia > English Corner > Dacia Logan English Corner
Pages: 1, 2
xtraya
well I drove my loggy 1,4 around 170km/h (speed meter showed 175, but it lies for 5 km/h)
on that speed rpm goes allmost around 5000 rpm...

on a highway of course...

and 6000 rpm is a upper level for 1,4 motor , after that you could expect blocking electronic.... motor starts to loose power and reduces rpms
MoneyTalks
QUOTE(xtraya @ 2 Nov 2005, 04:41)
well I drove my loggy 1,4 around 170km/h (speed meter showed 175, but it lies for 5 km/h)

at that speed the speedometer lies for about 12-15 km/h... smile.gif Just check the speed with a GPS system if you don't belive rolleyes.gif
GeorgeB
logan is a shity car at those speed. just try to brake hard ! you'll have your own sledge .

DigitalScribe
My new 1.6 MPI achieved 175 on the speedometer. Straight line.
At that speed the car is still controlable but if it were to go faster I don't think it would sill be.
marksman
140 km/h, pursuit, 4 people in the car, trunk fully loaded. I would not want to do that again. I had to reach a van...
SUPERCAR
My faster speed is 120Km/h in the future i hope faster smile.gif
J o h n n y

I drove the car at around 145 km/h, and i think that is enough for me... smile.gif

Boris
Arround 160 km/h by the speedoemeter, but on the highway I feell confortable arround 140-150 by the speedoemeter.

I think that 160 is quite enough, I managed to get my old fiesta on a downhill part of the highway to a 170 km/h by her speedometer, but that's not really smart with that (or this) class of car. It's not the same if you drive sport's car with 200+ HP 170 km/h, or when you drive a Logan, Fiesta, Punto, Clio,......, with the same spped.
AL
any message showing unrealistic speeds (more than the tehnical specification max speed + 10%) will be erased by the moderator... this topic isn't a place for jokes!
xtraya
hm, i drove logy just behind my friend with opel vectra 1.8 , ofcourse vectra goes around 210 km/h but we just wanted to check max speed of logan. it is around 170

for a 1.4 (75ks) motor engine that is a maximum speed.

with fully loaded car (4 pepole + full backend + half gasoline trunk) maximum is around 155-160

and on 150 and more speed, steering is problematic.

loganek from CZECH REPUBLIK how did you drive it so fast? it is impossible? on a 170kmh rpms are around 5000, and on 6000 is electronic blocking
modream
Maximum speed: with5 pers + luggages = 160 km/h. I think it could get little more faster than this, but I did not tried... almost 4500 rpm
vv
Now really, it doesn't matter what is the maximum speed, it's pretty clear that it can go over 150km/h but also that it's wiser not to do so smile.gif
lapescuit
The faster speed for my 1.4 was 140km/h but, I never want to have experience like this enymore. At 120km/h was ok but, after this speed...I dont know the rpm because I was to stressed.
loganek from CZECH REPUBLIK
Why me discredit ??? I I have Logan from 5.11.2004 I don't have reason tell lies !!!
Why at once oil benefit ? At our place is dacia- forum but this does not make !
I am sorry for English use PC translator
Smudo
Well, maybe you got that paint trouble from driving waaaay too fast. Some cars just aren't made for such high speeds as you told us here.
loganek from CZECH REPUBLIK
I am case law that so go by always !! Only I tried 1x ! Optimalni rate is 120 - 140km/h optimalni consumption 6 litres , leave 18.000km I have experience with by car
icatenej
QUOTE(loganek from CZECH REPUBLIK @ 3 Nov 2005, 20:06)
I am case law that so go by always !! Only I tried 1x ! Optimalni rate is 120 - 140km/h optimalni consumption 6 litres , leave 18.000km I have experience with by car

Sorry for small off topic, but this is the funiest English I have ever seen before. I know that "loganek from CZECH..." is using some kind of automatic translation, but this translation is soooo funny. radmasa.gif

p.s. loganek, do not take my post offensive, I didn't mean anything wrong... it's... just so funny... biggrin.gif

Touho
Hi all,
I owned a Renault 19 1.9 diesel 64 CV and now I am going to have a new Dacia Logan Basic 1.4 75 CV.
My question is:
If in motorways, my optimal speed and low oil consume was around 100 km/h, wich is the optimal speed with the lowest consume in the Dacia Logan 1.4?
See you!
Mario_b
175km/h with 4 people and a full tank of gas.
Yuri
QUOTE("Touho")
My question is:
If in motorways, my optimal speed and low oil consume was around 100 km/h, wich is the optimal speed with the lowest consume in the Dacia Logan 1.4?

I can say it runs optimal up to 130km/h. But if you want to run optimal with it, drive between 100 and 120km/h.
My Berlina
QUOTE(Yuri @ 6 Jan 2006, 06:51)
runs optimal up to 130km/h.
run optimal with it, drive between 100 and 120km/h.

so which speed is it Yuri? wacko.gif
anyways optimal i would say would be around 110.
I know I drive my Berlina around 130-140 and it doesn't get great fuel consumtion.
But when I drive it around 110-120 it's better. 100 km/h is too slow for me.
Danco
My best was 175 on the speedometer, on straight line . I usually drive 140 if the road permits.
Danco
I forgot to tell tou that i've activated the speed allarm and set it to trigger at 140 Km/h thinking that will be usefull when driving on highway, where the speed limit is 130 Km/h here in Romania.
WRONG! Don't know why the software offers a speed threshold to set for the speed allarm since it trigers at 120 Km/h anyway. And is very ANNOYNG!!! Probably for setting some lower speed values as threshold.
Boris
QUOTE(Danco @ 17 Jan 2006, 21:02)
I forgot to tell tou that i've activated the speed allarm and set it to trigger at 140 Km/h thinking that will be usefull when driving on highway, where the speed limit is 130 Km/h here in Romania.
WRONG! Don't know why the software offers a speed threshold to set for the speed allarm since it trigers at 120 Km/h anyway. And is very ANNOYNG!!! Probably for setting some lower speed values as threshold.

What speed alarm and how did you activate it?
13nov
QUOTE(Boris @ 18 Jan 2006, 13:25)
What speed alarm and how did you activate it?

The only speed alarm I know is my wife! And it is activated when I go above 140km/h! biggrin.gif
My Berlina
QUOTE(13nov @ 20 Jan 2006, 16:57)
The only speed alarm I know is my wife!

I bet that's the best speed alarm out on the market! happy.gif
bness
QUOTE(13nov @ 20 Jan 2006, 22:57)
The only speed alarm I know is my wife! And it is activated when I go above 140km/h! biggrin.gif

Yours alarm does't work well. My'n have optical posibilyties, she can read road signs and alarm is acivated when I drive 5 km faster then the alowed speed. smile.gif
ga!nusha
speed alarm is a function of the on board computer wich can be activated if you know your way thru logan.... it makes a buzz if you go over 120 from 10 to 10 km (like when you forget you lights on and you try to get out of the car...that kind of buzz)
look
QUOTE(ga!nusha @ 22 Jan 2006, 15:32)
speed alarm is a function of the on board computer wich can be activated if you know your way thru logan.... it makes a buzz if you go over 120 from 10 to 10 km (like when you forget you lights on and you try to get out of the car...that kind of buzz)

Could you, please, tell us how we can activate that alarm?

How it could be set to different speeds and could it be turned off if I want to?
Danco
We found a guy here in Romania working for Dacia, that is able to activate this feature of UCH. Many of us went to him, but my recommendation is NOT to enable this function because is very annoing once you reach 120 Km/h or higher speed and it can not be programmed to trigger at different speeds altough the software alows a speed treshold to be set. For instance i wanted to be set at 140 Km/h but surprise! once i reach 125 on the speedometer, the alarm sounds. Sometimes i need to drive faster. mad.gif
novauto
Does anubody know what is signal from VSS? Impulses or voltage?
It is relative easy to make speed alarm using VSS signal.
dydycom
QUOTE(novauto @ 8 Feb 2006, 16:29)
Does anubody know what is signal from VSS? Impulses or voltage?
It is relative easy to make speed alarm using VSS signal.

it's impulses m8...625pulses/km
kodalo
QUOTE(dydycom @ 10 Feb 2006, 17:41)
it's impulses m8...625pulses/km

Thanks, very usefull information biggrin.gif

Can you tell me what is the shape, square, duty cycle?
BogdanBMB
I have a logan 1.6 l and when I had 3500km on board the maximum speed I reached it was 165km/h. 5 months ago I've had almost 13500 km and with 4 peoples in it and the trunck loaded I've reached 185 km/h (on speedometer) ofcourse on highway and on stright line. The next day after that I was alone in the car, with no lugage and there was no way I could pass 180. Funny isn't it?
mitzaciobanu
We mustn't forget two physical aspects:

1. Aerodynamic friction force, also knwn as "drag" increases with the square of the speed. So, if wind conditions are not equivalent, it is normal to have differences in maximum speeds of 10-15 km/h

2. Generally, roads aren't 100% horizontal. You either climb, or descend, without actually noticing it. So gravity may help you reach higher speeds when going down, or lower of course, when climbing.

Finally, I believe that in order to have reasonable results of maximum speed or accelerations, tests should be performed in both directions of the same road. Thus the average value is closer to reality.

PS Speeds over 150 km/s should be avoided... I personally believe that the steering isn't accurate enough at these speeds, in order to drive safely.
mccoy
I`ll simlify: loaded car = lowered car for a few cm = better aerodynamics = higher top speed… wink.gif

mitzaciobanu
hmmm... by loading a car you don't change its shape, thus the drag should remain the same. Indeed, what you mean by "better aerodynamics" can be translated into better stability at high speeds.
But on the other hand heavier car means higher friction force between tyres and road = lower top speed wink.gif
mccoy
QUOTE(mitzaciobanu @ 19 Feb 2006, 21:04)
hmmm...

I must slightly disagree…
You happened to overlook some other aspects… blink.gif

mccoy
QUOTE(mitzaciobanu @ 19 Feb 2006, 21:04)
hmmm...

chapter II
Lowering a car, even by loading, reduces total front area and the amount of air the car is pushing out of the way and
minimizes ground clearance and air flow under the car which causes a lot of drag.
Thus the drag will not remain the same but much lessened excl.gif
"Better aerodynamics" means increased aerodynamic efficiency – a car cuts or splits through the air more smoothly,
of course with better stability.
Effects of higher weight and rolling friction are significantly overpowered by the benefit of reduced air resistance so,
on the straight, flat highway, normal weather conditions, decently loaded Logan achieves higher top speed than empty one …
Well, that`s practical, theoretical and scientifical truth 090.gif
You may prove it...

PS. Gif is gift cool.gif
IRONICK
Maximum speed reached with 1.4 was 180km/h (on a highway). Speedometer lies not with 12-15 km/h, but with 20km/h.
Don't ask about rpm, at this speed I didn't care about rpm.

PS. I wasn't towed, I wasn't descending or in free fall, the wind wasn't blowing from behind. I don't have a GPS system to verify which is the real speed at 180km/h.
bness
Logan 1.5dci laureat pack 155km/h on speedometer. This is not the top speed because gas pedal was on 2/3 pushed. My gues is that max on speedometar is 160-165. I will try some other time. This time I did't have a chance for max speed.
Smeagol
Ambition, 1.6 MPI. I had 140 km/h on the spedometer. Around <4000 rpms. I think that this is a good cruise speed. You are not so bother by the engine noise, the steering feels OK.

P.S. I didn't drive it on the motorway. We have achived this speed on the road from Timisoara to Arad.
vsebas
I have Ambition 1,6 MPI and my max speed on speed meter was 160Km/h (but the straight line was only 4Km); very hard from 145Km/h to 160Km/h and only if I change gear at 5000rpm otherwise I can't go faster that 140Km/h (on a 4Km road straight line)
AMW
I`ve tested my top speed twice between Ploiesti-Baicoi and Baicoi-Ploiesti. Between Ploiesti and Baicoi my top speed was 155 kmh with 4 people in the car the rpm was 3800-3900, when i returned Baicoi-Ploiesti was 173-174 the rpm was 4000. At 170> i think theat my speedmeter was going crazy becouse my car is a 1.5 dci and the top speed for this model is 155kmh. At theat speed the nois of the engine in the car was very loud. By the time of this test the car had 2000km and the tank half full. If the moderator thinks theat this speed is unreal then i`m asking him to delete my post. I have 3 withneses for this speed... tongue.gif
sabor
170km/h - 1,4 laureate
voicamic
With my Laureate 1.6 MPI I went once in april 2005 from Bucharest to Constanta in a big hurry. I runned up to 160 km/h on the highway and made the whole trip in 2h 30min, even if I had to stay some 15min somewhere on the highway because of a car stopped which cought fire, until the firefighters came.
Anyway, checking some time later the instant fuel consumption readings, I saw that over approx. 130 km/h it goes towards 10 l /100km and higher, so i've let it slower on the road since then (for economical reasons, and safety, of course).
xtraya
for 1.6 , 10 liters at full speed (4000 rpm) is a normal thing...

it would be 8,5 for 1.4
DigitalScribe
OK... I've done it again (that's second time). 175 - 180 Km/H on speedometer. Changed at 5500 RPM from IV to V. Started with 4000 RPM on V-th and went to ... I don't remember... somewhere arround 5000 RPM I guess. At that speed the car is more of a World War II airplane when it comes to sound. The engine screams and humms loud and the wind is making terrible noise. The pedal was to the floor.
With all this speed a Megane II Break went past me (I was accelerating from 140Km/H) and altho I stayed on 175 - 180 for a good while I couldn't reach it. It went much much faster.
Cata_C
On Bucharest Constanta highway 175 Km/h Ambiance 1.4
Jack Daniel's
Speed record of my Logan 1.4 is 175 !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.